Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't move forward while hitting enemy with melee

KiraGrad08

Recently i was testing some weapon in simulacrum and found out i can't move forward while hitting enemy with melee. Not sure is bugs or not... But it also does the same thing on normal mission too.

Hate it when enemy constantly moving backward while shooting at me when i try melee it.

On 2019-09-11 at 6:24 AM, KiraGrad08 said:

Recently i was testing some weapon in simulacrum and found out i can't move forward while hitting enemy with melee. Not sure is bugs or not... But it also does the same thing on normal mission too.

Hate it when enemy constantly moving backward while shooting at me when i try melee it.

exact same thing happens to me in game also. hold forward while attacking the second i hit and enemy i stop moving but the walk animation keeps going while i stay put. enemies get knocked back like a foot and suddenly i cant hit them. on top of all of that if the enemy starts to walk into me while i melee them they push me back. doesnt seem weapon specific but weapons like polearms and staffs its the most noticeable. 

Edited by TheUnclean_4Head

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by [DE]Tweep

@KiraGrad08 + @TheUnclean_4Head would you mind recording a video of this and posting it here if not writing what the steps of replication are?

From what I grasp you have 

On 2019-09-11 at 12:24 PM, KiraGrad08 said:

some weapon

equipped and then you try

On 2019-09-11 at 12:24 PM, KiraGrad08 said:

hitting enemy with melee

On 2019-09-13 at 4:44 AM, TheUnclean_4Head said:

hold forward while attacking

But somehow this doesn't work as expected and instead you

On 2019-09-13 at 4:44 AM, TheUnclean_4Head said:

stop moving but the walk animation keeps going

There's definitely not enough information present here, so a couple of eager people did a few attempts at seeing whether there's something obvious in this complaint.
One of the tests was even done in Captura's slow motion.

Spoiler

First test:
- Primary weapon: Quanta
- No secondary weapon equipped
- Melee equipped: Dual Keres
Result: Nothing out of the ordinary

Second test:
- No primary weapon equipped
- Secondary weapon: Lato
- Melee equipped: Zenistar

Third test: 
- Primary weapon: Hek
- Secondary Weapon: Akvasto
- Melee weapon: Gram

Fourth test:
- Primary weapon: Soma
- Secondary weapon: Akvasto
- Melee weapon: Khora's whip

Fifth test: 
- Melee weapon: Fang prime

First, fourth and fifth tests have been done as a host of an empty squad.
Not tested:
- various melee stances
- more types of melee weapons
- more types of primary and secondary weapons
- various warframes and their abilities which might affect either of the involved problems
- combining effects of warframes on other warframes

Results may be updated in coming sessions.
Any details regarding what was missed or what needs to be tested are welcome. 
Listing your entire loadout in terms of equipment, squad state, enemy types you've faced and even mod/arcane setups is also welcome.

On 2019-09-19 at 11:16 AM, [DE]Tweep said:

You can use Imgur and link the video here.

200mb limit for vid on imgur. the only way ive found that works for me to record anything is using fraps which makes huge files. shadowplay doesn't work for some reason. i could use filebin but that require you guys to download it to see it. gonna keep trying tho. 

my resolution is 5760x1080 (3 1080p monitors in horizontal surround mode) why its so long.

equipment

Frame: Rhino 30 w/ reactor - mods: physique aura (max), steel fiber (max), glad aegis (max), glad resolve (max), augur secrets (max), redirection (max), Vitality (max), intensify (max). Arcanes: Arcane Deflection and Arcane Grace (both unranked)

Primary: Tonkor 21 - mods: serration (max), vigalente armaments (unranked)

Secondary: Staticor 22 - mods: hornet strike (max), convulsion (max)

Melee: Lesion 30 - mods: stance shimmering blight (max), pressure point (max), jagged edge (max), rending strike (max), shocking touch (max), fever strike (unranked) 

Edited by TheUnclean_4Head
missed a mod

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-09-20 at 6:28 PM, TheUnclean_4Head said:

my resolution is 5760x1080 (3 1080p monitors in horizontal surround mode) why its so long.

equipment

Frame: Rhino 30 w/ reactor - mods: physique aura (max), steel fiber (max), glad aegis (max), glad resolve (max), augur secrets (max), redirection (max), Vitality (max), intensify (max). Arcanes: Arcane Deflection and Arcane Grace (both unranked)

Primary: Tonkor 21 - mods: serration (max), vigalente armaments (unranked)

Secondary: Staticor 22 - mods: hornet strike (max), convulsion (max)

Melee: Lesion 30 - mods: stance shimmering blight (max), pressure point (max), jagged edge (max), rending strike (max), shocking touch (max), fever strike (unranked) 

Do you have melee auto targeting switched on in the settings by any chance? I have this exact same issue with my gram prime while using tempo royale.

20 hours ago, Dragazer said:

Do you have melee auto targeting switched on in the settings by any chance? I have this exact same issue with my gram prime while using tempo royale.

not sure. where would that setting be? i get this issue regardless of the weapons i use. its just most apparent with weapons like polearms or staffs. it happens with my gram prime using cleaving whirlwind also. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-09-17 at 11:54 PM, CxLL said:

@KiraGrad08 + @TheUnclean_4Head would you mind recording a video of this and posting it here if not writing what the steps of replication are?

From what I grasp you have 

equipped and then you try

But somehow this doesn't work as expected and instead you

There's definitely not enough information present here, so a couple of eager people did a few attempts at seeing whether there's something obvious in this complaint.
One of the tests was even done in Captura's slow motion.

Reveal hidden contents

First test:
- Primary weapon: Quanta
- Melee equipped: Dual Keres

Second test:
- Secondary weapon: Lato
- Melee equipped: Zenistar

Third test: 
- Primary weapon: Hek
- Secondary Weapon: Akvasto
- Melee weapon: Gram

Fourth test:
- Primary weapon: Soma
- Secondary weapon: Akvasto
- Melee weapon: Khora's whip

Fifth test: 
- Melee weapon: Fang prime

First, fourth and fifth tests have been done as a host of an empty squad.
Not tested:
- various melee stances
- more types of melee weapons
- more types of primary and secondary weapons
- various warframes and their abilities which might affect either of the involved problems
- combining effects of warframes on other warframes

Results may be updated in coming sessions.
Any details regarding what was missed or what needs to be tested are welcome. 
Listing your entire loadout in terms of equipment, squad state, enemy types you've faced and even mod/arcane setups is also welcome.

This is enought info. It happens to me and my friends I play warframe with. Its freaking bogus. They should fix it.

EDIT:

I turned off melee auto target but now I cant hit anything with my melee.

It had auto targeting on before but it was much better right?

Idk.... I just dont like it. I'll wait for melee 3.0 hopefully it feels more comfortable to use by then. Sorry.

Edited by (PS4)AstralKoda
I didnt see the other comments so I need to correct myself.