White_Matter

Suspension on all "In Game" chat(includes squad, clan, trade recruiting, private)

4 or 5 days ago I apparently used an offensive word on region chat(wasn't my intention nor did I know it was offensive in any way or form) and my in game chat privileges have been taken away completely, with no warning or specifications. I can't interract with any player in the game which you'd guess in a game that requires you to interract with other players, is very troubling. Can't even talk to people in my squad, I can't use recruiting or trade chat. And I opened a ticket about it and they immediately closed it without giving me any details about the issue. The only thing the support staff told me was that it could take up to 2 weeks.

Honestly I thought such punishment was excessive and completely unwarranted, severely impeding someones gameplay up to 2 weeks for using 1 word on region chat, which wasn't directed at someone or something, nor was intended to be used offensively. 

At this point it is clear that no one is going to do anything about my issue, I'm just wondering what other people think on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Upvote 1

Its typically a week.

There is nothing left to discuss really that hasn't already been brought up in previous chat ban topics.

In the future:

MdvXN9l.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Applause 11
  • Upvote 6

*joined March 28, 2013*

*2.1k ingame hours*

I'm certain after 6 years and that amount of playtime you do know why you got chat banned

If you want it fixed, make your way to the support desk.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 11

Just now, Midas said:

*joined March 28, 2013*

*2.1k ingame hours*

I'm certain after 6 years and that amount of playtime you do know why you got chat banned

I never said I don't know why I got banned. I didn't know what I said would get me banned. I actually didn't even think it would get me kicked out of region chat(which was my previous experience with slang). 

And I still don't understand how anyone could think of executing such an unwarranted and excessive punishment on something so trivial with no warning. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I never said I don't know why I got banned. I didn't know what I said would get me banned. I actually didn't even think it would get me kicked out of region chat(which was my previous experience with slang). 

And I still don't understand how anyone could think of executing such an unwarranted and excessive punishment on something so trivial with no warning. 

1,252 posts i'm certain you've seen the topics of people complaining about "certain words" getting them a weeks ban in chat. The community is extremely sensitive to pessimistic lifestyle of language.

Digitial Extremes is very harsh in punishments, especially in paying off lost platinum that was scammed right into your pocket. Almost like counterfeit money.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

Just now, Midas said:

1,252 posts i'm certain you've seen the topics of people complaining about "certain words" getting them a weeks ban in chat. The community is extremely sensitive to pessimistic lifestyle of language.

Again no. I only post in PC performance, update notes and gameplay related topics. I absolutely had no idea about he sensitivity towards certain words and the execessive backlash that comes along with it. Do you think I'd say what I said IF I knew I would say good bye to in game chat ? Obviously not. 

If this is a reoccuring topic then I'm pretty sure most people who got banned had no idea either. Common sense would dictate that you'd get a warning first, or at the very worst get banned from region chat for X amount of time. Losing all chat privileges for a week or more ? That is just bonkers.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Again no. I only post in PC performance, update notes and gameplay related topics. I absolutely had no idea about he sensitivity towards certain words and the execessive backlash that comes along with it. Do you think I'd say what I said IF I knew I would say good bye to in game chat ? Obviously not. 

If this is a reoccuring topic then I'm pretty sure most people who got banned had no idea either. Common sense would dictate that you'd get a warning first, or at the very worst get banned from region chat for X amount of time. Losing all chat privileges for a week or more ? That is just bonkers.

Sorry officer...I didn't realize that going 150MPH in a school zone was bad...can I get warning since I didn't know?    Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

Oh..what was that "word".  Please tell us...because if you didn't know it was offensive....I need a laugh.

Edited by Chappie1975
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

So... what did you say anyway? I'm curious.

24 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

At this point it is clear that no one is going to do anything about my issue, I'm just wondering what other people think on the subject.

I think that you need more quiet time to mediate on respect and good-will -- I can extend your suspension for you if you'd like.

• Like 21
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 4
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 18
  • Upvote 4

Just now, [DE]Glen said:

I think that you need more quiet time to mediate on respect and good-will -- I can extend your suspension for you if you'd like.

based

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Sorry officer...I didn't realize that going 150MPH in a school zone was bad...can I get warning since I didn't know?    Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

Oh..what was that "word".  Please tell us...because if you didn't know it was offensive....I need a laugh.

False equivalence.

A better analogy would be:

Uou are going 150mph in the highway and there is no sign that says what the limit is.

Police stops you and you are like," officer I didn't know." 

"you should have."

"what happens now ?"

"you are going to jail."

"jail ? w-wait no trial or"

"no"

6 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

So... what did you say anyway? I'm curious.

Someone asked if Equinox was a boy or a girl, and I said the T word. 

It was contextually relevant, I didn't know it was an offensive word tbh. I didn't even think it would get me kicked, let alone get me banned for weeks.

1 minute ago, [DE]Glen said:

Look, I'm fine with never speaking in region chat, ever again, I learned my lesson. The rest of the ban impedes my game play though, severely. And no thanks, I'm fine with the punishment as it is now(still don't know how long it lasts.)

Edited by White_Matter
  • Haha 9
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

It was contextually relevant, I didn't know it was an offensive word tbh. I didn't even think it would get me kicked, let alone get me banned for weeks.

You couldn't possibly have been a better stereotype of someone who got chat banned. That, right there. IS #1.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 8
  • Upvote 8

Chat suspensions should have repercussions. If they only ban you from region chat, well, you said it yourself, you wouldn't feel anything. But, as it stands, you feel the repercussions, so enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Chat suspensions should have repercussions. If they only ban you from region chat, well, you said it yourself, you wouldn't feel anything. But, as it stands, you feel the repercussions, so enjoy!

The problem with your logic is that the "offense" I commited has nothing to do with gameplay, and yet the repercussion impedes my gameplay. 

Also banning me from Region chat would also ensure that I wouldn't be able to say the same thing again, which would be fair and understandable. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, White_Matter said:

The problem with your logic is that the "offense" I commited has nothing to do with gameplay, and yet the repercussion impedes my gameplay. 

Also banning me from Region chat would also ensure that I wouldn't be able to say the same thing again, which would be fair and understandable. 

It impedes your gameplay? How? Pretty sure chat bans don't act like a Zanuka capture, where you lose all equipment. That's gameplay impediment. You just can't chat, big freakin' deal. Game still works the same way it always has. You wanna bypass that? You can chat on wfmarket for trades, you can use the Warframe discrod for recruiting. If you formed a team via discord, well, use discord to chat, and if you haven't... who the heck even talks in when playing with pubs?

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

really?

given the sheer amount of threads of people complaining they have been banned you must have seen at least one.

and if you didn't know that using said word is an automatic 7 day chat ban then that is on you

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

Is there any specific reason on why we're antagonizing him?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Well on the forums, you don't seem to be the type who would blab about some radical things in region chat and get suspended several times.

So what exactly did you say that got you chat banned?

1 minute ago, VotumPrime said:

Is there any specific reason on why we're antagonizing him?

Some people don't learn their lesson immediately, which is quite surprising given how punishing it is. Those people sometimes need a slightly harsher punishment.

Well on the forums, you don't seem to be the type who would blab about some radical things in region chat and get suspended several times.

I think you're thinking of someone else.

They also state up above what they said.

• Like 5
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

So what exactly did you say that got you chat banned?

40 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Honestly OP, you didn't know that big of a mess during Nezha release regarding his gender?

I love when people play innocent about this stuff.

If you genuinely didn't know, OP, which is massively unlikely, now you do. Also, I can't help but wonder if we are talking about the t word that ends in p or y.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Some people don't learn their lesson immediately, which is quite surprising given how punishing it is. Those people sometimes need a slightly harsher punishment.

I think you're thinking of someone else.

They also state up above what they said.

Well reward and punishment is a primitive form of education but sometimes you have to question why you are being rewarded for X and being punished for Y.

But maybe I am confusing him for someone else?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Well reward and punishment is a primitive form of education but sometimes you have to question why you are being rewarded for X and being punished for Y.

Yes, and sometimes instead of questioning why they've been punished people decide to make threads ranting about how unfair it all is. DE don't really have the time to create a virtual classroom and give out lessons on why they don't want people to refer to Equinox/Nezha in manners they deem inappropriate.

It would certainly be a better quality of education, but entirely unfeasible.

7 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

But maybe I am confusing him for someone else?

@WhiteMarker is the rational one.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1