Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory On How We Will Get To The Tau System

VotumPrime

unknown.png

We will most likely be getting the Zariman out of this place and fixing it up, upgrading it, and retrofitting it to become a super carrier warship to take us to the Tau system. 

It will probably be the main place for us to hang around in the Tau system but it's also how we will get our foot in the door into the Tau system. We will finally have a place where our Tenno can actually live in. Just imagining all the history within the biospheres inside the Zariman. That ship is where everything started and it will also take us to the end.

• Like 4

I thought Zariman was always on Lua somewhere deep in its core and Lotus be there in it hiding it from us and was expecting in sacrifice to go in it and get memoeries of what happened when everything went crazy. I know that zariman was lost to the void but since Lua could be transported there then why not a ship.

It would be fun to explore the zariman like renew it and we can have it as a void relay to hang out and would have easter eggs there to discover like memory fragements and whatnot

That's not the Zariman, that's the Diviri.

The Zariman was recovered from the void already, how do you think they found the Tenno?

If you want some hints read the codex entry for Mag Prime, it talks about solar rails and a group of combat troops waiting for the jump to Tau. (Probably one of my favourite codex entries)

3 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

That's not the Zariman, that's the Diviri.

The Zariman was recovered from the void already, how do you think they found the Tenno?

If you want some hints read the codex entry for Mag Prime, it talks about solar rails and a group of combat troops waiting for the jump to Tau. (Probably one of my favourite codex entries)

aq9z65c0wr831.png

Are you sure?

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

The Zariman relies on Solar Rails - and the Sentients turned off/never properly completed the Tau junction on their end. So unless we upgrade it with some seriously beefy Railjack technology, I don't see it.

Ah yeah I forgot that important detail.

Maybe the Tenno used the Zariman in the past to reach Tau to destroy the rails on both sides and the Zariman somehow ended up there?

22 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

PNGiWfS.png

Do you see that other void storm up to the derrelicts? I'm pretty sure there is Duviri or the way to Tau.

In the gameplay for Empyrean, it seems like it depends on which hole we fly through. We saw the Orokin Void Dragon thing fly around during warp, so it might just be a random even that happens on RNG during these void storms.

Edited by VotumPrime

3 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

aq9z65c0wr831.png

Are you sure?

Actually, upon looking again... no, they seem to be right. Look at it closer. There's a couple extra details (the ring in the middle, various rail shapes all over it and two extra lights on the top and bottom fin), and the overall design is just a tad curvier. It's also missing fins at the fins, which the blueprint and the image we can see in the Rell comic does have. Speaking of the Rell comic, it's depicted as dark in colour there - this ship is white. Sure, that could just be the monochromatic lighting, but wouldn't a dark ship appear dark?

This isn't the Zariman - it's another ship of the same type, but seemingly upgraded.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Actually, upon looking again... no, they seem to be right. Look at it closer. There's a couple extra details (the ring in the middle, various rail shapes all over it and two extra lights on the top and bottom fin), and the overall design is just a tad curvier. It's also missing fins at the fins, which the blueprint and the image we can see in the Rell comic does have. Speaking of the Rell comic, it's depicted as dark in colour there - this ship is white. Sure, that could just be the monochromatic lighting, but wouldn't a dark ship appear dark?

This isn't the Zariman - it's another ship of the same type, but seemingly upgraded.

That's why I am thinking the Tenno might have upgraded it to use it to get to Tau in the past or they could just be blueprints.

We don't know for sure if this isn't the Zariman cause after all:

latest?cb=20181210040855

DE has used that ship design before.

Edited by VotumPrime

Can anyone please enlighten me on two things?

1. Where did this theory that we're going to Tau come from? Like, it came out of nowhere yet everyone accepts it as the truth. Is there some lore that says we're actually preparing to go to Tau?
2. Why Tau? The Tau Ceti solar system is almost 12 light years away from Sol, that's not gonna change no matter how many thousands of years in the future Warframe is. Why waste all those resources going to Tau when Alpha Centauri is 4 light years away? Any explanation for that?

Thank you!

Sincerely, a lore idiot.

Just now, VotumPrime said:

That's why I am thinking the Tenno might have upgraded it to use it to get to Tau in the past.

We don't know for sure if this isn't the Zariman cause after all:

latest?cb=20181210040855

DE has used that ship design before.

https://www.warframe.com/chains-of-harrow-comic

This comic depicts the Zariman. With a few minor (most likely art-style) details, it matches the blueprint design.

Plus, those upgrades are very Orokin-looking. Maybe they had another shot at sending a ship, not realising the accident was due to the Sentients sabotaging the rail with a more powerful ship - and this one wasn't so lucky.

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

. Where did this theory that we're going to Tau come from? Like, it came out of nowhere yet everyone accepts it as the truth. Is there some lore that says we're actually preparing to go to Tau?

Sentients be there, and there's not much room in our present starchart. Logically, as we make the Sentients more of a faction in their own right, we'd go to where they are.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

2. Why Tau? The Tau Ceti solar system is almost 12 light years away from Sol, that's not gonna change no matter how many thousands of years in the future Warframe is. Why waste all those resources going to Tau when Alpha Centauri is 4 light years away? Any explanation for that?

There's only one confirmed planet at Alpha Centauri, and whilst it is in the Habitable Zone, Tau has 2 in its, as well as 3 other confirmed planets.

Tau has more space to move into, so its a better investment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

https://www.warframe.com/chains-of-harrow-comic

This comic depicts the Zariman. With a few minor (most likely art-style) details, it matches the blueprint design.

Plus, those upgrades are very Orokin-looking. Maybe they had another shot at sending a ship, not realising the accident was due to the Sentients sabotaging the rail with a more powerful ship - and this one wasn't so lucky.

I can't confirm or deny but the operators in the comic have some pretty different suits too lol.

But the reason why I am so certain it's the Zariman is because of the fact that it's an alternate dimension/paradox. It's probably another version of the Zariman.

1 minute ago, VotumPrime said:

I can't confirm or deny but the operators in the comic have some pretty different suits too lol.

I mean, the suits we use by default might be called the 'Zariman suit', but they're probably more akin to the Plugsuits in purpose - making it easier to jack into the Somatic Link. These suits were probably for interfacing with the ship, or emergency survival suits given out when the accident happened.

2 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

But the reason why I am so certain it's the Zariman is because of the fact that it's an alternate dimension/paradox. It's probably another version of the Zariman.

That's also possible. But one thing's for sure, it's not 'our' Zariman.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Sentients be there, and there's not much room in our present starchart. Logically, as we make the Sentients more of a faction in their own right, we'd go to where they are.

Ok... I dunno why it makes sense to charge at the enemy head first, but... at least that explanation is something. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There's only one confirmed planet at Alpha Centauri, and whilst it is in the Habitable Zone, Tau has 2 in its, as well as 3 other confirmed planets.

Tau has more space to move into, so its a better investment.

Why do we need more than one planet though? At least in Sol, we have to share that space with the Corpus, Grineer and Infested, but if we're to do a mass exodus, one planet would be more than enough for a Tenno race that is apparently on the brink of extinction. Wouldn't moving to Alpha Centauri, making that our base of operation, increasing our numbers and power and then attacking the Sentients at their presumed home make more sense than... throwing a race on the brink of extinction head first at the Sentients?

13 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Ok... I dunno why it makes sense to charge at the enemy head first, but... at least that explanation is something. Thank you!

We wouldn't necessarily charge them head first, but you know the saying - cut off the head and the body dies.

14 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Why do we need more than one planet though? At least in Sol, we have to share that space with the Corpus, Grineer and Infested, but if we're to do a mass exodus, one planet would be more than enough for a Tenno race that is apparently on the brink of extinction. Wouldn't moving to Alpha Centauri, making that our base of operation, increasing our numbers and power and then attacking the Sentients at their presumed home make more sense than... throwing a race on the brink of extinction head first at the Sentients?

Tau was selected way back when the Orokin needed to expand out beyond their original borders. Tau, then, was a better investment. It needed slightly heavier terraforming (mostly, dealing with the larger amount of space dust and subsequently, impacts), but more space meant they'd have more time and resources to continue expanding.

It was selected for their reasons, not ours.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, the suits we use by default might be called the 'Zariman suit', but they're probably more akin to the Plugsuits in purpose - making it easier to jack into the Somatic Link. These suits were probably for interfacing with the ship, or emergency survival suits given out when the accident happened.

That's also possible. But one thing's for sure, it's not 'our' Zariman.

It's more likely that it is than it isn't. They don't need to make the story and lore more unnecessarily complicated than it already is.

But if it isn't then it's following the trend where DE abandons old things and constantly introduces new things while stuff like old NPCs and lore material are forgotten.

Edited by VotumPrime

54 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Can anyone please enlighten me on two things?

1. Where did this theory that we're going to Tau come from? Like, it came out of nowhere yet everyone accepts it as the truth. Is there some lore that says we're actually preparing to go to Tau?

Thank you!

Sincerely, a lore idiot.

Tau Ceti is a main sequence star like our own Sol, stable bright burning with a long stellar life ahead of it.

Alpha Centari is closer but its a binary pair, (and if I recall not only that but a destructive binary, a smaller denser star sucking matter out of a larger 'younger' one).

That means that Tau's worlds are more likly to be earth like, easier to get there if not and liable to remain that way longer when we do.

Are we going to Tau though?I mean as things seem right now with the Sentients coming in our system(don't know why the chose to go with that)best chance is to get to their outposts.IF we're going to Tau it'll be 2-3 years from now?and that if TNW doesn't give us a closure on that confilct.

Edited by DeathDweller

44 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

Are we going to Tau though?I mean as things seem right now with the Sentients coming in our system(don't know why the chose to go with that)best chance is to get to their outposts.IF we're going to Tau it'll be 2-3 years from now?and that if TNW doesn't give us a closure on that confilct.

Yeah in the future we will be.