Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zero's Concept Compendium

xZeromusx

On 2019-09-11 at 12:49 PM, xZeromusx said:

This image is taken from Final Fantasy 14. This is a PvP weapon for Monks that I feel would make an excellent concept for an Atomos skin. It would ideally fit with the Empyrean concept for Nezha. Though, a Dynasty skin concept would allow it to fit with Chroma as well.

Probably would work well as a generic wrist mounted weapon skin. Atomos is just the best fit , but even the sonicor (wind dragon ) would work well with this skin .

22 hours ago, keikogi said:

Probably would work well as a generic wrist mounted weapon skin. Atomos is just the best fit , but even the sonicor (wind dragon ) would work well with this skin .

Agreed. Maybe a general purpose wrist/forearm mounted weapon skin. Would love to have something more visually appealing than the Atomos' base appearance. Changed the name to "Wrist Cannon Skin."

Edited by xZeromusx

On 2019-09-11 at 5:49 PM, xZeromusx said:

Something crashes into the player’s Warframe. Transference is interrupted. Cut to The Operator laying on the floor of the transference room of the Orbiter. *Note, at this time, the Arsenal segment is inaccessible, and the only available mission on Navigation is “Hunting the Hunter”. On screen quest marker marking “Navigation” to progress By The Light of Lua. Logging out at this point will reset progress on “The Creature in the Night” and “Hunting the Hunter.”*

I really dislike this trope, for it has been overused to hell and back. The "you lose consciousness" feels more like a cop-out than anything else.

No neutral choice is available.

I guess I would never play this quest then. It seems weird for this to even be a choice, considering you get both companions anyway.

Enemies that die to this attack spawn a helminth charger.

QoL wise, I feel it would be better if it infected them for a duration (within which any damage would convert them), instead of forcing the bite itself to be the lethal hit (even if we consider that his other abilities make it lethal at all times, which perhaps is overtuned and could be avoided by this suggestion).

I didn't comment on other abilities, cause there is nothing to really change there. Good stuff.

19 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I really dislike this trope, for it has been overused to hell and back. The "you lose consciousness" feels more like a cop-out than anything else.

I guess I would never play this quest then. It seems weird for this to even be a choice, considering you get both companions anyway.

QoL wise, I feel it would be better if it infected them for a duration (within which any damage would convert them), instead of forcing the bite itself to be the lethal hit (even if we consider that his other abilities make it lethal at all times, which perhaps is overtuned and could be avoided by this suggestion).

I didn't comment on other abilities, cause there is nothing to really change there. Good stuff.

The quest is kind of up for changing and adjusting. I've not really had anyone yet comment on it, and I am all ears to hear some ideas.

As for Infectious Bite, I felt the lack of self healing like Inaros, the long casting animation, the inability to essentially be invulnerable for a long duration, again like Inaros, warranted some basic synergy between abilities to allow fatal damage. It takes a while to pull off the skill, so combining it with his other stunning abilities really only yields 1 lethal hit on 1 enemy. Otherwise, the ability is no longer lethal on its own. And realistically, lethal damage is only really advantageous against a few types of enemies where our already high damage weapons that annihilate most trash get gated behind armor and innate damage reduction. But you are right. It seems rather ridiculous to make ALL his abilities able to cause a stun. So, I have removed the stunning aspect from Shed on Pack Tactics. It just didn't make much sense anyways, and it was really over powered.

Thank you for the feedback. Keep it coming.

P.S. Added a QoL suggestion change for Gara.

Edited by xZeromusx

On 2019-09-11 at 11:49 AM, xZeromusx said:

1000 heat damage taken

Wait wait, what? Doesnt 1000 damage put ember near death? I think you meant dealt, cant be damage taken lol

As for the rest i dont feel this helps ember much. I didnt look at augments as idc for augments, just the warframe. Her energy is quickly depleted because u need to use her abilities A LOT to stay alive, and theres just like no way of getting it back. Not to mention that her abilities are hardly that good at keeping her alive.

Her design is like for low level content, where as most frames i feel are designed to be useful no matter how high the level is. Even vauban can hold his ground no matter how high in levels enemies get with his 3rd ability. Ember has absolutely nothing to offer, and i mean nothinnnnggg.

Shes our only fire theme warframe. She deserves to be on she same level of all warframes for those who love controlling fire simply for the fantasy of it

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

33 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Wait wait, what? Doesnt 1000 damage put ember near death? I think you meant dealt, cant be damage taken lol

As for the rest i dont feel this helps ember much. I didnt look at augments as idc for augments, just the warframe. Her energy is quickly depleted because u need to use her abilities A LOT to stay alive, and theres just like no way of getting it back. Not to mention that her abilities are hardly that good at keeping her alive.

Her design is like for low level content, where as most frames i feel are designed to be useful no matter how high the level is. Even vauban can hold his ground no matter how high in levels enemies get with his 3rd ability. Ember has absolutely nothing to offer, and i mean nothinnnnggg.

Shes our only fire theme warframe. She deserves to be on she same level of all warframes for those who love controlling fire simply for the fantasy of it

1000 damage BEFORE damage reduction and armor. So, say she has her Fire Blast ring up with 90% damage reduction. It translates to 100 damage. Couple that with Adaptation. Every 10 damage. Further, with the Fire Blast ring up, ALL projectiles coming in become one single damage type, Fire, so easy to make use of Adaptation and this passive.

There are many ways to recover energy in this game. From Operator skills to team energy restores to rage and hunter adrenaline. Did you really read the rest of the rework or stop at the passive? Increased support to Ember and allies on Accelerant via health orbs, coupling well for increasing her defensive capabilities via Health Conversion. Increased CC and damage capacity for Accelerant to increase the utility of Fire damage in general, as it would have a high chance to refresh the duration of the DOT and panic, as well as spread to nearby enemies, further improving the chance to drop health orbs as well. Damage reduction on Fire Blast and damage conversion on it to synergize with the suggested passive as well as greatly improve usage of Adaptation for further survivability. It's duration at rank 30 is also 20 seconds already, meaning it has great energy efficiency already. Couple that with some continuity and streamline, and that improves even more. Increased range on World of Fire creates better CC capability on the base skill and the augment, and it wouldn't lose range anymore. The passive would increase the range on top of mods, so the max range it can reach at Rank 30 with a full range set up would be that original 42 meters. 100% status proc on charged Fireballs rather than 50%, increases CC and +200% damage rather than +100% damage when charged boosts its damage capacity.

No, I didn't make her a god frame who doesn't need mods. But it would make her a god frame when modded. She isn't a beginner's frame, even now. She isn't Volt, Excalibur, or Mag. But it's meaningless to make her a god out of the gate without considering the mods available in the game to make her into a god, and a team capable one at that.

Edited by xZeromusx

37 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

1000 damage BEFORE damage reduction and armor. So, say she has her Fire Blast ring up with 90% damage reduction. It translates to 100 damage. Couple that with Adaptation. Every 10 damage. Further, with the Fire Blast ring up, ALL projectiles coming in become one single damage type, Fire, so easy to make use of Adaptation and this passive.

There are many ways to recover energy in this game. From Operator skills to team energy restores to rage and hunter adrenaline. Did you really read the rest of the rework or stop at the passive? Increased support to Ember and allies on Accelerant via health orbs, coupling well for increasing her defensive capabilities via Health Conversion. Increased CC and damage capacity for Accelerant to increase the utility of Fire damage in general, as it would have a high chance to refresh the duration of the DOT and panic, as well as spread to nearby enemies, further improving the chance to drop health orbs as well. Damage reduction on Fire Blast and damage conversion on it to synergize with the suggested passive as well as greatly improve usage of Adaptation for further survivability. It's duration at rank 30 is also 20 seconds already, meaning it has great energy efficiency already. Couple that with some continuity and streamline, and that improves even more. Increased range on World of Fire creates better CC capability on the base skill and the augment, and it wouldn't lose range anymore. The passive would increase the range on top of mods, so the max range it can reach at Rank 30 with a full range set up would be that original 42 meters. 100% status proc on charged Fireballs rather than 50%, increases CC and +200% damage rather than +100% damage when charged boosts its damage capacity.

No, I didn't make her a god frame who doesn't need mods. But it would make her a god frame when modded. She isn't a beginner's frame, even now. She isn't Volt, Excalibur, or Mag. But it's meaningless to make her a god out of the gate without considering the mods available in the game to make her into a god, and a team capable one at that.

I did only read the passive and fireball ability, saw augment and assumed the rest of the changes to be augments. Ill come back l8r, the changes you made there actually look pretty good 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I did only read the passive and fireball ability, saw augment and assumed the rest of the changes to be augments. Ill come back l8r, the changes you made there actually look pretty good 

Thanks! I like running my concepts through the fires of critique, particularly my Fenrir concept. I'm still hoping that one gets into the game at some point, though I doubt it without some better concept art.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big change to the quest concept and prerequisites for Fenrir to better reflect some of the pack and kubrow themes of the frame concept.

Would love feedback, lore critique, and ideas on the quest, its dialogue, etc.

Edited by xZeromusx

• 2 weeks later...

Time for me to comment on all this:

Fenrir

I... I feel horrible to say this, since it's clear you put a lot of effort in this design, but I really don't like Fenrir. He feels clunky, he feels like you went out of your way to emphasize the core concept as much as possible, even at the cost of overall effectiveness and elegance... But the concept itself is just Nidus with Atlas' 1 and Khora's 3. I respect the fact that you're passionate about a myth, and I respect the sheer amount of work you put into making that myth into a solid warframe concept, but I just don't like the execution, I wish you had gone a completely different route. I'm sorry, but I got nothing more to say about this one 😞

Prisma

I like this one a lot. The concept is straightforward and effective, the abilities convey it well and feel like they'd be useful within the actual game, and the augments are in line with canon augments in terms of power levels. There are only three aspects I feel like criticizing: the name ("prisma" as a term is already used for something else in Warframe, I would have had the same criticism for "wraith" or "vandal"), the 4 (in general I'm not a fan of ultimate abilites which are just a big ball of damage, I wish there'd be more to it), and the Volt-like design, by which I mean that you gave this 'frame four abilities which all feel both powerful and useful... But they don't really synergize with one another. This is not a kit, this is a list of four abilities. Four VERY GOOD abilities, mind you, but still. Do keep in mind that such a design approach is both completely valid and perfectly viable for the game's standards, I'm just saying I'm personally not particularly fond of it.

Rosa

I like her a lot... But how does she not die? I mean sure, manipulating status aliments is cool, but with no shields and no armor what is she going to do if the high level Bombard just straight-up shoots her? The one ability she has to negate damage requires her to take damage in order to come online: this is perfectly adequate against, say, a Heavy Gunner, and other such enemies that spam a million individually weak attacks. But against units specialized in dealing one big hit, she feels like she'd be completey exposed 😕

Extremocyst

Not a big fan of archwings so I'm probably not the most qualified person to comment on this one. Still, it seems to be a very solid design.

Zephyr rework

I like it a lot. Makes her kit better without making it convoluted.

Nyx rework

I like this one too, although the suggested new 4 feels like it could be wonky to implement, and lend itself to all manners of bugs and issues.

Loki rework

The proposed changes are so minor I honestly have to wonder if they'd be worth the trouble at all.

Atlas rework

Basically you're getting rid of the wall, introducing a new ability, and tweaking the boys. Fair enough, it would definitely be an improvement albeit not a partiularly big one.

Tweak to Nidus' Larva

OH GOD YES. We need this so much.

Banshee

I don't like this one. I feel the new 1 is straying from the theme a bit too much, and I don't agree Silence is scrap-worthy. Also I don't like the idea of an exalted sentinel in general.

Grendel tweaks

Haven't played with Grendel myself (yet), so I can't comment on this one.

Railjack

This too I cannot comment on, as I haven't played the mode enough to have formed a complete opinion yet.

Weapons

Love the Helios Spear, on the fence in regards to the change to polearms.

Operator and Dojo

These too I don't have enough of an opinion to comment on.

Change to loadouts

I completely agree. Of all the things to limit based on MR, the amount of available loadouts shouldn't be one of them.

Mentor system

Sounds good on paper, not so sure about how doable it is, or how beneficial for the game as a whole it would really be.

Windsurfing on Jupiter

OH GOD YES. Mad props for the reference to one of my favorite movies of all times.

Welp, I gotta go for the time being. I'll comment on the rest another time.

On 2020-01-18 at 6:49 AM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Wow, thank you very much for your feedback. I seriously like constructive criticism, and you don't have to apologize for giving your opinion to me. It's why I am here.

Seeing as Fenrir is my biggest project, and the one I am most adamant to work on, I think I'd begin there. I completely feel your point that it does share a lot of similarity in ability design to other frames. I would very much be willing to rework the 1st ability, and have some ideas to possibly change it or possibly even scrap it and move the 4th ability to the 1st slot, with adjustments of course, and coming up with a new fourth ability. Also, it would probably make more sense, moving the pack mechanics, to the first ability too, so this seems like a great idea. Further, I think the third ability could easily be fixed by removing the three cycling ability aspect and splitting the ability up. I get the impression that I'm doing way too much with the frame in general ability wise, and so things kind of get over the top and fail to really function together or synergize.

As for the theme, I really want to keep the helminth idea involved, as it makes for the kind of viral conduit I want for a werewolf theme.

So, my idea is to scrap the first ability anyways, and move the 4th to replace it while reducing its damage and include more ability interactions between Fenrir and his pack, since the theme I wanted to go with was making him a pack like frame anyways.

1st Ability

Spoiler

Ability 4: Infectious Bite: 25 health: Fenrir and his pack lash out with proboscis and drag enemies towards them to perform bite finishers on them and infect them with the "Lycan Virus. Enemies that die while infected can spawn a new helminth kubrow.

Details: Fenrir's lower jaw splits open to shoot out a proboscis which latches onto an enemy within 8/10/12/15 meters and pulls them towards him, at which point, he grapples them to perform a bite attack on them, inflicting 100/150/200/300 toxin damage and 100/150/200/300 puncture damage, both with a 100% status proc. Fenrir's pack, including Hati and Skoll, also perform a proboscis bite attack on any other enemies within range, inflicting 100/150/200/300 toxin damage and 100/150/200/300 puncture damage, both with 100% status chance. Enemies that Fenrir and his pack bite are also infected with the "Lycan Virus" for 10 seconds and spawn a helminth kubrow if they die while infected. Fenrir can have up to 4 additional Helminth Kubrows created by this virus at a time, and cannot spawn additional ones unless one dies.

Mod Effects:

Ability Range has no effect on this skill.

Ability Efficiency affects casting cost.

Ability Duration has no effect.

Ability Strength affects Puncture Damage.

2nd Ability

Spoiler

Lua's Presence: 50 health: Fenrir lets out a deafening howl, stunning nearby enemies. Enemies infected by the "Lycan Virus" are more susceptible to damage.

Details: Fenrir howls to stun enemies within 10/15/20/25 meters for 4/5/6/7 seconds, opening them up to finishers. Enemies infected by the "Lycan Virus" take 100/200/300/400% increased damage from all sources for the duration of the stun.

Ability Range increases range.

Ability Duration affects stun duration.

Ability Strength has no effect.

3rd Ability

Spoiler

Shed: 75 health: Press and hold to instantly resummon Hati or Skoll from Fenrir's body. Click to command Fenrir's pack to release viral spores that do increased damage against enemies infected by the "Lycan Virus" and reset its duration.

Details: Fenrir's pack sheds viral spores for 60 seconds. Each helminth kubrow under his command shed spores in a 1/2/3/4 meter area that last for 3/4/5/6 seconds, inflicting 50/60/80/100 viral damage with a 25% status chance per second. Enemies infected with the "Lycan Virus" have its duration reset each second they remain in the AOE. If Hati or Skoll are dead, press and hold the ability button, for Fenrir to instantly shed his own health to resummon either or both at once.

Ability Range increases the radius of Shed

Ability Duration has no effect on this skill.

Ability Strength increases the damage of Shed

4th ability

Not sure what to put here at the moment, If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear more.

Edited by xZeromusx

Update: Made some changes to Fenrir's abilities on the OP. I'll maintain the abilities positions, with Tear and Frenzy still in the first ability and Infectious Bite in the 4th. I changed Pack Tactics to just be Shed with a press and hold and click command for either activating Shed or resummoning Hati and/or Skoll. I changed Tear and Frenzy to not have an ability combo counter like Landslide, thus always costing 25 health (unless reduced by efficiency), but still with the damage improvement from melee mods, as multiple abilities in the game perform this way, and I think it's not just a copy and paste of either Khora or Atlas, but not anything revolutionary. It's the first ability, a basic claw attack, and fits the theme better now. It's a bit similar to Rhino's charge I suppose, but inflicting slash and bleeding without rag dolling enemies. I also reduced the damage on Infectious Bite to instead incorporate the pack thematic more.

Again, feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

New Idea for old content: Solar Rails

So, for those that never played it (me), Solar Rails was, from what I’ve read, PvP content where clans competed for control of sectors, and could influence things like the cost of traveling the sector, or something to that effect it seems. IDK. It was during my break from the game that it was introduced then shelved. However, scouring the web for videos and information about it, and the idea of these large ships, larger than railjacks, which clans would craft and man with specter squads seemed like the perfect idea to bring back in the new war.

So, my thoughts: Use the Solar Rails like the Corpus Ships or Grineer Galleons. Essentially, massive Tenno/Orokin ships that allow for us to travel from the Origin System to the Tau System, or to engage in larger scale battles with Galleons and Corpus Ships in the Origin System.

So, the way I see this working is as a multi-railjack mission with one single Solar Rail acting as a mobile railjack hangar where the host and their three railjacks can be launched like how archwings can be launched from railjacks. When the Command intrinsicts are released, it might hopefully allow for players to set specters into the pilot seats and gunner seats of their railjacks. This would be a pretty massive endeavor on DE’s part, I admit, but the concept is essentially to create a dynamic battle zone, a lot like the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis, where as the combat on the field evolves, objectives become active. The Solar Rail would essentially act as the central hub for the players to strategize and take on objectives, sort of like Cetus or Fortuna.

To walk y’all through the process. Essentially, a player crafts their own Solar Rail in the Dojo, just like they do their Railjack, and access the Solar Rail map from their Dojo. A solar rail icon would be around each planet of the Origin System and the Tau System to indicate which planet they would be going to, and the scenery they would have while in the Solar Rail and the arena.

The Solar Rail-

So, to begin with, the Solar Rail acts as a central hub. As such, it is not given a health, armor, or shield value. It’s not piloted like the Railjacks are, and effectively just acts as a staging area for these multi stage, dynamic missions. Outside the windows, and the scenery the players would be able to see, a battle rages with certain fixed features, like a galleon or corpus ship depending on the planet in the origin system we’re around, with the background changing depending on which planet in the Origin or Tau system the Solar Rail is currently around. While interesting to watch, the fighting outside would not really indicate the current state of what’s actually going on outside. Essentially, the outside is at a perpetual stalemate until the players themselves launch a mission, or enter the area to free roam. In the Solar Rail stage area, players will find the usual vendors, quills, etc. that we find in Cetus or Fortuna, but in a more condensed map, like a main bridge of a ship.

The largest difference though between the passive stalemate that Cetus or Fortuna has with the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis respectively is that the host’s Solar Rail would not simply be idle while the players are fighting in the theatre. The host would instead be able to augment the Solar Rail, a bit like how they can augment the Railjacks, to do different things, or change the arena they are fighting in.

Systems that would be customizable for a player’s Solar Rail would have an effect on missions as well, helping players in various ways. Here is a short list of customizable areas:

Solar Rail Battlements – The Solar Rail is equipped with 4 battlements spaced along its sides, and players can choose among several types of cannons to place in each. From large capacity weapons with moderate damage capable of laying down cover fire on interceptor class fighters to slow firing ordinance cannons that can clear the field of crewships.

Solar Rail Security – The Solar Rail itself has other systems outside the main bridge which players will need to have objectives to protect and/or repair. Augment the Solar Rail’s security systems to make these objectives easier via locking enemies behind air locks, restricting their path ways to easier to defend bottlenecks, and support turrets to help dispatch unwelcome guests.

Solar Rail Deployments – Besides the battlements, the Solar Rail can support the Tenno and their Railjacks in the arena via deploying support modules. Launch a field that heals Railjacks and Archwings. Launch weapons support to increase archwing damage and allow infinite fire for a brief time. Dampening fields reduce the damage crewships and interceptors do, or launch nets of fire that permanently reduce the armor of crewships and interceptors.

Specter Squadrons – Craft specter squadrons of four categories (representing the ranks of their abilities) and customize 4 separate specters to act as your squadron. A squadron can man your side guns, replenish your payload, fire the main cannon when appropriate against crewships, help repel boarders, and even manually repair damage to the railjack. When you leave your Railjack to join your allies on objectives inside galleons, crewships, infested ships, or sentient anomalies, Specters continue to fight and maintain your railjack while you’re away. Invest well into your Specter Squadron to assure it’s still there when you return.

Boarding Crews – Raiding galleons, corpus ships, infested ships, and sentient anomalies also requires support. While Warframe specter squadrons are the only ones able to help man your railjack, faction specters can assist in objectives and fighting on enemy ships. Take a hit squad unique to your faction with you when on objective in the enemy ship.

The missions – So, the idea here is to create multiple zones, but effectively, the types of objectives available would be the same in each arena, and follow a particular pattern, starting with one or two objectives depending on the rank of the mission launched, that start on the Solar Rail. Such objectives would be defensive, such as guarding the Solar Rail’s reactor, or guarding repair crews as they work to fix some damage to the Solar Rail. Perhaps you’d repel several waves of boarding crews, killing enemies fast enough to maintain control. This is where the Railjack Security Systems would assist the most, such as diverting enemy paths to more defensible avenues or supporting fire and hazards against boarders. Then, the players would access their Railjacks to depart into the battle arena itself to take on different railjack specific missions. Perhaps it would be as mundane as take out some number of crewships and fighters. Maybe they have to hack satellites remotely then defend the satellites from the enemy destroying it for a time. Maybe they need to take down a weapon in a certain amount of time or clear mine fields. And finally, they would have one or two objectives to complete on the enemy ship.  These objectives could be to sabotage the ship itself, or perhaps rescue a VIP from an enemy ship’s prison. It could be an assassination. While some of these missions are a race against the clock, the clock for them would not start until one or more of players had entered the objective area, just like how objectives work on the plains and vallis.

To recap, the missions would be like this:

Solar Rail Missions include –

Defense – Defend a critical zone of the Solar Rail from enemies attempting to sabotage the ship.

-          This mission would take place in set locations on the Solar Rail, including a room housing the Solar Rail’s reactor, An ammunitions bay which could spell doom for the Solar Rail if not protected, and Life Support. Repel a number of waves like a typical defense style mission.

Repair – Defend a solar rail mechanic as they move to a number of areas of the Solar Rail to repair damaged systems.

-          This missions would be to repair various downed systems, with stops to repair downed weapons systems, shields systems, and engines systems. Defend certain points for a certain duration, like a mobile defense mission.

Exterminate – The Solar Rail has been boarded by enemies. Destroy them all.

-          This mission would take place anywhere in the Solar Rail. Kill x amount of enemies.

Repel – The Solar Rail is actively being boarded. Make them regret it.

-          This mission would take place in the railjack hangar as they would provide the most ready access point to the Solar Rails. Repel ship after ship of boarders attempting to establish a foot hold in the docks for boarding teams for a duration.

Arena Missions include –

Exterminate – Typical kill this many enemies mission, but in space.

Interception – Remotely hack into 4 satellites and maintain control to intercept an enemy transmission.

Mobile Interception – Remotely hack into a series of satellites and defend each one from enemies that would sooner destroy them than let you listen in.

Solar Rail Threat – The bigger they are, the bigger they explode. Inflict maximum damage to specific weak points before the big brother of the ship killer platform can destroy your Solar Rail.

Hijack – Neutralize an enemy crewship then capture it. Diverting energy away from your railjack’s shields, use a tractor beam to drag it back to your Solar Rail.

Away Missions include –

Exterminate – Turn the enemy ship into a ghost ship by ridding it of its entire crew.

Sabotage – Infiltrate and destroy a vital system of the enemy ship

Mobile Defense – Defend access points as you extract data from them.

Spy – Retrieve data from several access points, being careful that the enemy doesn’t detect you and destroy it first.

Assassinate – Take out the enemy captain

Survival – Distract the enemy so that our Solar Rail can get some breathing room in the fight.

Rescue – Bust our VIP out of the enemy’s prison and get them back to your Railjack in one piece.

Capture – The enemy is escorting a high value target. Capture them and return to your Railjack.

Would love to hear some feedback on this one.

Edited by xZeromusx

Expansion of the Helminth Infirmary

Credit for this concept MUST be shared with @Cobalt313 who was instrumental in fleshing out details.

So, currently, the Helminth Infirmary serves limited purpose in curing the Helminth Cysts on infected Warframes. 

Spoiler

Lore wise, it has a very vital and rich background in the development and creation of the Warframes themselves. As such, I feel it's an installation here to stay, and for well deserved reasons.

But more could and should be done with it. As Cobalt suggested in another thread, and then elaborated with me on, this room could serve to add further diversity to the Warframes themselves. When introduced, a Warframe has set base stats and Ability stats set at 100% across the board. It makes for a nice, clean beginning slate, and as players, we add mods on top of these base stats and ability stats to customize the Warframes, usually to our play styles. But, what if the customization could take place before the mod system? What if we could customize the base stats and ability stats on that clean slate?

Now, in our discussion, we realized that this could not be a system to completely overhaul all the base stats or ability stats to create a completely lopsided distribution. We also felt that the system needed to be balanced, and that it should not be additive to what already exists. Instead, it should be a means of making minor adjustments to what already exists. To expand on this, we thought that it should be a system of sacrifice and reward. For instance, one might take their Hildryn into the Helminth Infirmary, sit down in the chair, and essentially tell Helminth they wished to sacrifice a bit of her base, unranked shields, for a bit more base, unranked health.

From here, I'll stop talking in the first person plural and begin to explain the details, with the understanding that this is a shared concept, and I invite Cobalt to also add further in the comments if they wish.

So, first, the system.

When going into this, I knew right away that many players might see a straight forward "best set-up" scenario in dumping everything into health and sacrificing anything else. And, I'm not going to say that there is anything one can really do to prevent min/maxing. But I hope that the system provides enough customization to make already durable frames able to be a little bit more flexible, and not so durable frames to alleviate some of their difficulties a bit. The system is based a lot off the old Arcane Helms, sacrificing a stat for another, but it would be apart from the Arcanes themselves, so players would still be able to slot in Grace and Energize or whatever. When sitting down in the chair, you would be provided with two screens to choose from: Base Stat Infusion and Ability Stat Infusion. Each "Infusion" would consume a particular resource, with Prime Frames requiring a special resource, both of which I will go into later, and require time to complete the Infusion, during which the Warframe would be unavailable for use until completed. This is to prevent players from just sinking in infusions at a whim, and really consider a permanent set up rather than one that is just something temporary for maybe a single mission. I was thinking about 8 hours to complete, and a rush fee of 10 platinum. So, players could feasibly, still change stats on a whim, but it would cost them. 

Base Stat Infusion

If a player chooses to do a base stat infusion, they would be given the option to choose one base stat to increase. The increases would be by a factor of 5 or .05, depending on the stat chosen, per infusion, with a max increase of 10 or .1. As I said, this is to not create lopsided distributions of stats. Further, after a player choose the base stat to increase, they then must choose a base stat to decrease by either -5 or -.05, again depending on the stat, for this infusion and to a maximum decrease of -10 or -.1. So, in the example above, if a player took Hildryn in and sat her in the chair and chose to increase health at the cost of shield, they would increase he base health by 5 and lower her base shields by 5. Or, perhaps they don't want to lower her shields. They could lower her base armor by 5 or her base speed by .05.

A few things to note. First, I am speaking about BASE stats. These are the stats a warframe has when unranked. So, when I say 5 health, that might not seem like a lot, but realize that at rank 30, that's 15 health, and with mods stacked on top of that like Umbral Vitality with its full set bonus, that's 38.5 health on top of that 15. No, it's not A LOT of health, but it's a bit of something to consider. 10 more base health and armor can be a big increase for other frames like Ivara or Loki. So, each frame really can get something different from this system depending on the player's desires and what best suits the frames.

Now, certain frames break the traditional stat set-ups. In particular, Nidus and Inaros. For these frames, seeing as they lack shields, and this exposed nature is kind of a theme for them, I feel it should fit that they not be able to increase or decrease shields through this system, and be limited to what stats they do have. I don't feel that they necessarily hurt either from being left out on that capability given their already god like nature. As for Hildryn, she would be unable to lower or increase her energy pool.

Ability Stat Infusion

This option is much more simple, and mostly based on the corrupted mod concept already in the game, but with more versatility. Basically, it would be just like the base stat infusions, but with base Ability Stats. So, basically, one could increase or decrease Ability Strength, Duration, Efficiency, or Range by 5% per Infusion, and decrease one by 5% per infusion, with a maximum of +/- 10% on each. So, maybe on Baruuk, one might squeeze out another +10% strength at the cost of 10% range or duration. Or one might squeeze out +10% Duration on Loki at the cost of Strength. It would open builds up to a little bit more customization basically.

The Items

So, the basic item I felt would be fitting for this system was the Mutagen Mass. It requires craft time, it's easily researched in dojos, and it uses a resource that comes from the same missions where the prime item needed to Infuse into prime warframes comes from: Orokin Derelicts. It can also be acquired from invasion missions, but the goal of using this item as currency with Helminth was that it fits the infested theme, and the fact that it's Helminth Infestation inside the Warframes themselves that Helminth is adjusting. So, the chair would accept Mutagen Mass as the currency required for a basic Warframe, and the number I settled on was 5 Mutagen Masses for a single infusion, essentially equal to the amount being increased and decreased. I felt that the distinction too between basic Warframes and the Prime versions was important not only lore wise, but to further increase the allure and usefulness of the Orokin Derelicts.

Now, here, I really need to give Cobalt props for bringing the perfect item to my attention for Prime Infusions: Orokin Ciphers. It's an item that now goes unused in the game ever since Hidden Messages was changed to no longer need it. But it fits this system perfectly. It comes from the Orokin Derelicts which are overrun with the Infested, and where it's VERY easy to get Mutagen Sample drops if a player needs to craft Mutagen Masses. Further, the vaults where a player gets the Ciphers from ALSO drop the Corrupted Mods. And while this system is mostly designed around the concept of the Arcane Helmets, one can not help but also see the parallels with the Corrupted Mods either and that it would also include the ability to adjust Ability Stats. So, when sitting a Prime Warframe in the chair, one would need not just the 5 Mutagen Masses, but an Orokin Cipher as well, which would be consumed in the Infusion.

Thanks for reading, and feedback is welcome.

Edited by xZeromusx

• 1 month later...

Gleipnir, the chains of Fenrir

As with all Warframes, they are usually released with one or two weapons. So, this concept is for a weapon that would release with my Fenrir concept, a blade and whip style weapon names Gleipnir. To dive into mythology, Gleipnir was a chain forged by “the dwarves” to bind Fenrir after two previous attempts to do so with huge metal chains failed. Gleipnir was supposedly as thing as a ribbon, but were considered impossible to break and would supposedly hold until Ragnarok. I obviously chose Blade and Whip style due to the chain like nature of Gleipnir, and the idea that if Fenrir in the myths broke free, the chain would still have parts attached that were used to secure, the blade and hook portions.

Weapon Stats

Spoiler

Mastery Rank: 8

Attack Speed: 1.08

Range: 2.6m

Combo Duration: 5s

Block Angle: 60 degrees

Follow Through: .5

Total Damage: 175

Impact: 35

Puncture: 70

Slash: 75

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Status Chance: 30%

Slam Attacks

Slam Impact: 526

Radial Damage: 175

Slam Radius: 7m

Heave Attacks

Heave Impact: 695

Wind-Up: .4s

Heavy Slam: 695

Radial Damage: 695

Slam Radius: 8.0

Other Attacks

Slide Attack: 175

Miscellaneous

Polarities: 1 x Madurai

Stance Polarity: Madurai

Weapon Description

Spoiler

This blade and whip style weapon would be more traditional looking, with a short sword appearance, on its larger end rather than a scissor appearance, similar to the Jat Kusar, to justify the focus on slashing damage. On the other end would be a leaf shaped shaped arrow head, to justify the secondary piercing damage.

Sort of like this, but with the handle of this chain whip being a short sword's hilt.
latest?cb=20171129045021