Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having trouble with level 30+ enemies

Bigmac-7215

Question

Hi everyone, I've recently returned to the game after a long break and I seem to have reached a wall. I have little to no problem with enemies below level 30, however any level 30 enemy takes around 1-2 full magazines to kill. I've looked online to see if anyone else has this problem and it seems that most of the times its due to bad mod builds. I think that this could easily apply to me as well but I'm missing a lot of mods that I feel would greatly benefit me but are locked behind something that makes them harder to obtain (syndicates for example). In addition to this I have little endo and i feel like this resource is very difficult to come across, at least at my level. My builds are as follows:

Rhino: Physique (max), Steel fiber (rank 7), streamline (max), Stretch (max) and Intensify (rank 1) (rank 30, no potato)

Baza: Serration (rank 7), point strike (max) and vital sense (rank 3) (Baza is only rank 22 right now, but i plan to potato it when it gets to 30)

Atomos: Hornet strike (rank 5), pistol gambit (rank 0) and heated charge (rank 0) (rank 30, no potato)

Broken War: Crimson Dervish (rank 0), Pressure point (max), Fury (max), True steel (rank 0), Fever strike (rank 3) and Molten Impact (rank 0) (rank 30, potato)

I know that these builds suck, but i can't really do much better with the mods, endo and credits available to me. Please keep in mind that  most of the builds have low rank/unranked mods because i simply do not have the endo and credits to upgrade them. Also I plan to switch my warframe to Valkyr when she is done building in a couple days so feel free to recommend Valkyr builds too. Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Bigmac-7215 said:

Baza: Serration (rank 7), point strike (max) and vital sense (rank 3) (Baza is only rank 22 right now, but i plan to potato it when it gets to 30)

You will have a problem with serration, it is important and expensive to max out. the others are cheap and you should max them out asap.

Atomos: Hornet strike (rank 5), pistol gambit (rank 0) and heated charge (rank 0) (rank 30, no potato)

This is the same like with serration - you need hornet strike maxed( or 2 from the top at the least), also you need barrel diffusion and lethal torrent.

Broken War: Crimson Dervish (rank 0), Pressure point (max), Fury (max), True steel (rank 0), Fever strike (rank 3) and Molten Impact (rank 0) (rank 30, potato)

This is your safest bet for a fast dps increase!max all the melee mods that you need (they are all cheap in comparison to the other weapons/warframe mods).
Because the broken war comes with a potato, abuse that gift as much as you can and level 30 will be a joke to you.
Pressure point, fury, reach, elementals (stick to corrosive + fire and you can't go wrong on the starchart) and if you by any chance have berserker - put it on.

17 minutes ago, Bigmac-7215 said:

Please keep in mind that  most of the builds have low rank/unranked mods because i simply do not have the endo and credits to upgrade them.

Welcome to the grind, Tenno. At this point grinding out mods to make your builds and grinding out endo and credits to upgrade those mods is the way you win the game forever. I wish you the best of luck at staying engaged and entertained now that the game is entering its truly grindy state

Also you can potato your Baza now. There's no risk. Potatos are less a "one-time item that adds X drain points to your item" and more "event flag that determines how much drain points a weapon should have, at all times"

Edited by TARINunit9

My only suggestion for you at this point is to grind out mastery rank with any weapons frames or items you come across.  Do low level defense on the planets you have unlocked.  Then when you get to mastery rank 9-10 get weapons unlocked at those levels.  It takes some time but keep grinding and you’ll be destroying level 30 enemies soon.

Everyone above has good points, and remember, you can trade in Duplicate mods for Endo in the mod station.  If you have a boatload of duplicate mods, converting them to Endo will help with that resource drought.

It's quite sad to see that the few resources we do need, we get very little of in missions, and the ones we don't need (*cough* alloy plate at 2.5 mil *cough*) is what often drops or spawns.  If Endo drop rates and quantities were better adjusted, we wouldn't need this discussion.

• Like 1

Grind.

For leveling up weapons and frames, I highly suggest making Helene on Saturn your mainstay.

Tip: if you're specifically looking at leveling weapons take the weapon in question eg. your Primary and do not take a secondary or melee weapon. Thus your weapon will  be the only item receiving affinity xp. As such it will level up much, much faster. Provided your teammates don't puss out and leave after the first 5 waves. If your whole team sticks in for 15 waves you should be able to max / master the weapon in two runs on Helene. (Less if you have an affinity booster.) If more than one person leaves the mission, exit with them and find a new group of people that don't suck.

1.) The level is very small, so shared affinity (range) is very good. (leveling frames and weapons.)

2.) It is a good source for Orokin Cells. and Nano Spores. (sounds like a nutritional statement.) 😛

Edited by (PS4)PanserKunst
typo

5 hours ago, Bigmac-7215 said:

but i plan to potato it when it gets to 30

Why wait?  If you potato the weapon now, you get double the mod points and each additional rank will give you 2 points instead of 1.  It isn't like Forma where you have to wait to rank 30 before you apply it.

For endo, have you tried dissolving excess mods?  You may have thousands of endo worth of duplicate mods that you can unlock just by taking the time to dissolve them from the mod console.  Sort by 'duplicates' and dissolve all but 5 copies of any mods that you have many copies of. Play lots of missions and you'll pick up many junk mods that you can dissolve.

Edited by (PS4)Dr_Bruiser
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigmac-7215 said:

Hi everyone, I've recently returned to the game after a long break and I seem to have reached a wall. I have little to no problem with enemies below level 30, however any level 30 enemy takes around 1-2 full magazines to kill. I've looked online to see if anyone else has this problem and it seems that most of the times its due to bad mod builds. I think that this could easily apply to me as well but I'm missing a lot of mods that I feel would greatly benefit me but are locked behind something that makes them harder to obtain (syndicates for example). In addition to this I have little endo and i feel like this resource is very difficult to come across, at least at my level. My builds are as follows:

Rhino: Physique (max), Steel fiber (rank 7), streamline (max), Stretch (max) and Intensify (rank 1) (rank 30, no potato)

I know that these builds suck, but i can't really do much better with the mods, endo and credits available to me. Please keep in mind that  most of the builds have low rank/unranked mods because i simply do not have the endo and credits to upgrade them. Also I plan to switch my warframe to Valkyr when she is done building in a couple days so feel free to recommend Valkyr builds too. Thanks in advance!

I will beat the horse even more, actually I was in that position about 5 moths ago, just grind like crazy I recommend void defense and survival, once you get enough cabbages proceed to open them, youll get a lot of resources and new equipment/frames in the process and if you grind hard enough you'll be able to actually get some ducats from when baro comes by.

When you realize it you'll be struggling with lvl 50 enemies!!!

I remember those days.It was frustrating. Getting the Drops like MultiShot was a pain because most random groups wouldn't stay long enough. If you can find a group of friends to run with it makes farming a little easier. As others have suggested, dissolve duplicates for endo. You can also get some in the A rotation of excavations if you're lucky.  Credits are easy when you learn the low level trick. Do the Seimeni node on Ceres. You get a nice credit drop and even more with a boost. If you have friends you can get a carry for the Index as long as you can afford the entry fee, Seimeni helps with that. Sometimes, if you ask nicely in Trade Chat, you might get someone to give you a Multishot. It helps quite a bit. Early on all your builds will suck because you don't have the mods or the space so don't overly worry about it yet. I'd offer to help, but I usually play very late nights when most normal people are asleep. The joys of 2nd shift.