Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What hard to get frames have a play style sorta like nidus

(XBOX)ItsmarionetteXx

Question

Since I have a 75% off I'm trying to buy hard to get frames,harrow seems awfully AWFULLY specific to make him good,ivara seems fun she seems purely stealth and as much as I love stealth shes like "if I get caught im screwed" I may be wrong,(let me know if I'm wrong) but I love nidus play style of I can take a whole army and still wont die style,any hard to get frames sorta like that

8 answers to this question

equinox 9 part total 8 parts farmable on Titania, Uranus(Regor is boss) while its difficult to get its kidna difficult to play since you are dealing with 2 in 1 warframes but its not similar to nidus, only one like nidus is nidus

Edited by Lazarow

"Hard to get frames"...only frames I recommend buying to avoid their grind is Ivara, because the RNG can be...so varied on that. Most of the other frames are...well they have primes so you can casually acquire their non primes.

As for "Playstyle like Nidus" And you referring to "Taking on an army and not dieing"...well that's Inaros, aka Ignoros. But we are expecting Baro around friday so yeah...should be able to get his quest then and he is fairly easy to get.

IMO Equinox is...energy hungry, with little means to get power back, and is...well squishy, has no defensive power but does have CC powers, and a little bit of defense with an augment but yeah...if you want to kill whole hordes, Equinox is good but I'd recommend just trying to grind for em. Try and grind for each frame, spend like...a focused week to try and get one, if you can't get em after a week of focused grinding(I.E. Doing the mission for their parts for like...2-3 hours every day for a week) Then you might as well just buy em because RNG is being mean.

Like Nidus? There isn't. But if you DO want to bypass the grind on one of the available frames, I suggest Khora... You can get Ivara on your own, Equinox is just a matter of killing Regor...

Khora is the one that's going to burn your mind... Not because its actually hard to get, but because everyone will leave at round 5 just to annoy the crap out of you and stop you from getting it, just to keep it "hard to get". If you're going to buy a frame, I highly suggest Khora to bypass all the associated annoyances (and I'm the type of person that like to see others burn).

IMO, Oberon can be just as hard to kill.  Mind, I have 4 forma (including Umbral) in my build; with Pax Bolt, I get 170h/s and near 800 armor from Iron Renewal. Inaros, Nidus, Oberon, Nezha are all super tank, 1-man armies.  If you're willing to spend the forma on builds, there are some tanky ones you can adapt on warframe builder and YT for many tank styled frame builds.

And before anyone rips me, I classify tank as someone who can deal dmg just as well as they eat it.

The only ones like Nidus are Mag/Valkyr and those arent hard to get.  

Whats the deal with Harrow?   95% of people probably use him for eidolons but he can be really cool just for general purpose.   Granting energy to people,  healing them,   buffing his gun/melee RoF which makes guns or blades extremely fun to play

Buying warframes is for panzies though.   Buy octavia instrument packs,  ship decorations,  greater lens,  color palettes,  captain quarters vignettes, Idle Animations, warframe SKINS.  

You cant get that crap just from playing like you can the warframes.  

*spoiler alert* Greater lens (which u cant trade) will be in HIGH demand to build Lua Lens.  So buy those, make E lens and you will be making some good plat off peeps who want lua lens.  (If you dont want some for yourself!!)

3 hours ago, (XB1)ItsmarionetteXx said:

ivara seems fun she seems purely stealth and as much as I love stealth shes like "if I get caught im screwed" I may be wrong,(let me know if I'm wrong)

Here's the thing about Ivara.  You would have to be doing something fairly stupid or be in the middle of a team that is drawing aggro to get caught in a "I'm screwed" scenario.   In a solo environment, she's godly.  In a team environment, she's more vulnerable.  In the later case, it's up to the player to adapt to the situation (how the team is playing).   Build choice may or may not help as a good build is only as good as the person using it.  Regardless of what someone else may tell you.