Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tier 15, forced to wait 24 hours for nothing

(PSN)Roswell5151Qc

Unfortunately, while it's true that it's not particularly fair to be punished for something that isn't your fault, the game can't tell the difference between failing because of a bug and failing because you messed up.  Even if the developers wanted to put such detection in, they couldn't possibly cover every situation, and inevitably people would abuse it anyway.  I've failed tests too because of glitches.  Including one time I tried to take the mastery test and "failed to connect to server."  Not my fault at all, but if they program in some kind of lost connection thing, what would stop people from just unplugging their network to get another shot at it?

4 hours ago, (PS4)R3N36AD3 said:

He cared enough to rant in the forums using translate for the MR15 test (which translates to a couple of months of continuous playtime) and yet he never bother to even glance at who made the game he's ranting about?

Stop making excuses for him.

It's not an excuse it's a fact. Yeah his topic is stupid but that's besides the point. contractions and abbreviations of words in different languages are difficult for people to learn and understand

11 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Not many people know about Simaris and his mastery rank practice room.

11 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Yeah I really don't know why, maybe DE could be more clear with that thing

When you can rank up, the game tells you that you can practice at Simaris. DE is pretty clear about that. It's just people aren't smart enough to read. And really, nobody can help with that...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (PS4)Roswell5151Qc said:

You're not very nice to me, even if I'm not very good in english language, it's not my fault that I use the google translator to translate my franch language into the english language, because I'm a Canadian and a Quebecer who understand better in French than english, if you like to say very nasty things, GO ELSWEHERE. I will never apologize to you again (PS4) R3N36AD3. It's time to stop getting annoyed with your messages. Your avater also annoys me with the rear of the Panda. GET OUT!

Generally speaking, there's no rule that says you must only comment in relevance to whatever the OP posts. If you don't like the reply, don't respond to it. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Roswell5151Qc said:

There are not enough people who speak in french, it's really boring to wait as long than english people. In English, there are too many people who understand in English. -_- The language barrier is really boring.

Do... you not know how to search the forums? 

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/140-français/

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

DE Megan had exactly this bug when she done her mr15 test on prime time a few days ago.

Two things surprise me about this.

First, the level of vitriol about waiting 24 hrs.

And Megan is only mr15.

I think Megan plays mainly on PC and only for Xbox@1 on Xbox. But i think after this Bug happened on stream They gone fix it.

24h is a Lifetime. Never know World might end in 12h. Just keep  playing the game as you normally would after reporting the bug.

You still gain affinity for the next Mastery Rank.

But If you need a distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you occupied. Learn other languages

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Yeah I really don't know why, maybe DE could be more clear with that thing

HzF04bQ.png

Looks clear enough for me.  Or is that outlined text not present in other languages?

I also failed an MR test once because of a bug.  (rescued hostage fell through the floor and disappeared). Having to wait one day meant nothing, considering everything we craft takes 12-72 hours to complete. It takes months to get from one MR to another, so one extra day is "meh". Experiencing such a minor setback in a videogame isn't exactly enough reason for me to cry havoc. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)Roswell5151Qc said:

You're not very nice to me, even if I'm not very good in english language, it's not my fault that I use the google translator to translate my franch language into the english language, because I'm a Canadian and a Quebecer who understand better in French than english, if you like to say very nasty things, GO ELSWEHERE. I will never apologize to you again (PS4) R3N36AD3. It's time to stop getting annoyed with your messages. Your avater also annoys me with the rear of the Panda. GET OUT!

I get you're offended by the gif but my response to Talinthis, you misconstrued. I never made fun or insulted you because of the language barrier. I applaud that you're using translate to communicate your concern here in the forums. But the way I see it, he had to point out the language barrier and make it an excuse for you not knowing who the creators of the game was. Do you like it when people put words in your mouth? 

If i have a technical issue like you have with the game, first thing I would've done was find out who created the game. Then find out how you can reach them and then you report your issue.

Digital Extremes is also based in London, ON. Just FYI.

And if my avatar offends you, then stay offended. It's staying that way. If my purpose of being here is to insult you, trust me, you'd be way offended than what you think right now.

9 hours ago, Talinthis said:

It's not an excuse it's a fact. Yeah his topic is stupid but that's besides the point. contractions and abbreviations of words in different languages are difficult for people to learn and understand

OK. I don't think his topic is stupid. It's a real issue. The same exact thing happened to DEMegan live on stream just this week.

You, on the otherhand just don't get it. He can speak for himself. Broken or perfect, most of us can put together what he's trying to convey. We have the technology to translate for us both ways, stop talking about it like it's the real issue here. You don't know him. So stop making it sound like he has learning deficiency.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

This guy is really not the brightest. 

Btw why are so many french ppl come to the english forums and complain how they hate to speak english or whatever while there is a french section on the forums?

Because of a lot of bad history between england and france, there is a stereotype that french people will attempt to belittle english speakers at all times. For example: You're in Paris on a trip. Wanna buy this map? Ask in french, or the seller is gonna ignore you.

Keep in mind, it's just a stereotype.

Edited by HugintheCrow

7 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

When you can rank up, the game tells you that you can practice at Simaris. DE is pretty clear about that. It's just people aren't smart enough to read. And really, nobody can help with that...

People can't read or they don't bother to read actually. Just like the people who don't know the story or care about the lore and dialogue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MystMan said:

HzF04bQ.png

Looks clear enough for me.  Or is that outlined text not present in other languages?

I also failed an MR test once because of a bug.  (rescued hostage fell through the floor and disappeared). Having to wait one day meant nothing, considering everything we craft takes 12-72 hours to complete. It takes months to get from one MR to another, so one extra day is "meh". Experiencing such a minor setback in a videogame isn't exactly enough reason for me to cry havoc. 

For me is clear too, but for new it seems that isn't that clear, probably is one of the more common questions about mr test in my region (spanish).

On 2019-09-11 at 10:36 PM, (PS4)Roswell5151Qc said:

Hi everyone, I'm sorry, I'm not very good in English, but I can explain with the help of a translator, it's a bit boring, but it's for the Warframe team to understand what's wrong with the game. I forgot to tell you, I don't know where I explain to the support warframe. 😕

I explain what's wrong in the game, it's when the bug happened with my wukong and I wanted to complete my Tier 15 and suddenly my wukong is falling into the void to infinity without leaving me complete this tier 15, I gave up to start all over again, but the game forced me to wait 24 hours for nothing because I neither failed nor completed the tier. I hate waiting for 24 ridiculous hours for nothing just because I have a bug. I WANT TO REMOVE THE USELESS TIMER! THANKS YOU.

Just don't fall into the void 4Head .

The simple solution to this whole cooldown issue is to shift it from "on attempt" to "on completion" 

Because the whole issue is that DE doesn't want people blazing through the initial MR levels in under a day. I mean if you popped a good squat you could probably burn through all the relevant content, up through Sorties, functionally all the story content in under a day. Those 24hr cooldowns timegate that content and theoretically keep you coming back for the better part of a week. Hopefully by then you're hooked on the game. 

If they shift the cooldown to "on completion" they still functionally keep those timegates without any of the additional player frustration that the current system causes. Especially when half the time reviewing why you failed and adjusting your build accordingly takes under 2minutes..... 

People can and assuredly have used the "practice tests" as an out for the poorly placed cooldowns, thing is as far as I'm concerned the practice tests being in the game invalidate anything related to the actual tests anyhow. They're just separate for absolutely no good reason. Again we get back to, just roll them into the actual test and let people try it as many times as they need to to pass and THEN hit them with the cooldown for the next test. 

It;s just heccin more player friendly vs a system that isn't for no beneficial reason, especially when they can have their cake and eat it to by just shifting where the cooldown triggers. Best of both worlds etc etc. 

They don't want people blazing though the MR tests because some people are not honestly playing the game and instead are using specific other ways to do things....and they want to keep track of those people.

I too have fallen into the void before....and also did one which I did practice and when I tried to do it for real the game made it so I failed because the timer didn't give me the full time....another time I practiced a test first then when I did the test...it for some reason didn't let me use my weapons until I died.....which is very bad when you are using an operator to destroy a sphere and suddenly cant shoot the sphere.

So I understand the frustration.

But truthfully I am glad there is some hard stops put here and there, as they took out some things and altered other things which made some the MR tests a lot easier then when a number of us first did them. 

I don't think MR tests should be simple and instantly done for no reason, they should be a proof you know what you are doing and show you are actually playing the game, instead of being spoon fed and carried by other players.  Which unfortunately it seams there is a lot of people who got power leveled and its very noticeable.

so I guess....be happy there is the 24 hour thing....it just means you can try again and work on what you have until then.