Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grimwolf's Workshop - Opticor Havoc / Valkyr Havoc WIP

Gr1mwlf

I'm wondering if it might be better if I made some minor changes, and went with a Solaris theme instead of Grineer. Virtually all I'd have to do is replace the bit of line work and text.

Since the style was only just recently allowed, no one has really done anything with it. But I've been considering it, and I think there's a huge amount of potential there.

-Edit- Went ahead and changed it.

Edited by Gr1mwlf

10 hours ago, Gr1mwlf said:

I'm working on a Solaris skin for Valkyr now. I'd like to post the concept art, but I got stuck trying to figure out what to do with the head and chest after getting it like 50% complete today.

I'll post the finished concept later.

You can take Inspiration from manic,he can bee like some stealthy wolverine she is like wolverine so I don't see why not go there in that direction....

The concept stage for the Valkyr Solaris skin is taking longer than I expected. I'm spending a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what the style should even be, so I know it'll get a lot easier with future skins once I've figured it out. I recently made a collage of all the Solaris Operator outfits, which is a huge help.

It's a bit difficult reconciling the Solaris style with the warframe's "No actual clothes" requirement.

The concept is VERY MUCH unfinished still, but I suppose it's better to get feedback before I actually have things finished. Especially if I'm having a rough time with it.

So I'll show the current concept. At least you can see the direction it's taking.

fDJp5Yw.png

So, here's a few points regarding the current state.

I'm probably going to reduce the number of individual muscles being defined, so it looks more like artificial muscles, and less like she's been skinned alive. I'll add extra linework details of some kind into the muscles to compensate, and keep it from looking too plain.

The plugs/sockets in the muscles will be redesigned as well, and probably have extra details surrounding them. The back in particular is too plain, and I think fleshing out the sockets to be a larger focal point will fix that.

I still need to make the cloth look less like actual clothes, I think. Exactly how that should be done is difficult to say. I'll also change the "accents" on the cloth to be patches instead of what appears to be paint.

Similar to the muscles, I need to add more seams and linework to the cloth to make it less flat.

Finally, I may need to add more armored pieces than I have currently.

-Edit- I've been examining other Tennogen skins, and I actually don't think this level of "clothing" is an issue. A lot of other skins have taken that way further than this. It seems to be the Tenno-themed stuff they're most strict with in that regard.

Edited by Gr1mwlf
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

Hello I am here for this

I'm nearing the end of the concept stage, so I expect to start working on the 3D model this week.

I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out what to do with the muscle layer. In the end, I think I'm going to forego obvious muscles and instead go with the more traditional warframe style flesh that blurs the line between skin and cloth, similar to Valkyr Prime's torso. Then I'll add cyberpunk style lines and sockets to it.

• 2 weeks later...

This concept looks so awsome I hope it makes it into the game but if it's a solaris themed skins maybe the back of the head should have less cables on it? I mean right now it looks like hair and we don't see to much hair on solaris people so maybe trim it down to a few so it's more of a connection port or something to connect to a terminal or something maybe?

Edited by Koknoob