Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At What Part of The Game Do You Think The Majority of NEW Players Quit The Game?

VotumPrime

On 2019-09-24 at 10:12 AM, FrostDragoon said:

You know, I've seen a lot of people in this thread asking for something like this, so I wanted to share it. I didn't make it, so apologies to the person who I owe credit to that I don't know who you are.

sbzuz3y0b3y01.png

Would be nice to have this in game, though.

More info than DE is courtiest enough to provide. Anytime you have to go outside the game to gain understanding,  U as a developer have failed. U have essentially created a map with no legend...the tribunal will now listen to your excuse as to why this is a functional problem!!! 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

More info than DE is courtiest enough to provide. Anytime you have to go outside the game to gain understanding,  U as a developer have failed. U have essentially created a map with no legend...the tribunal will now listen to your excuse as to why this is a functional problem!!! 

I wouldn't go that far. Lots of games have enough complexity/depth that it's not exactly realistic to have it all expressed properly in game. The problem, imo, is that there's a wide gulf between what already is explained in game and what could be. Bring that more toward the middle is what most players want, I think.

I know I am a bit late to this party but as a relatively new player (just started a few months ago), hopefully my feedback will be beneficial. To me one of the most frustrating things early on and that almost made me quit was the idiocy in the order that blueprints become available vs the order that the components to make said blueprints become available. In other words, if you can get access to a blueprint, you should be able to get the parts to build it.

Some examples:

The second planet a new player comes to is Venus where they acquire their second frame (Rhino). Yay, I get a new frame to play with right? WRONG. To build Rhino requires morphics that you cannot get until Mercury is unlocked, Salvage that you can't get until Mars, Control Modules that you have to wait until Europa for, and Salvage that you can't get until Saturn. REALLY?!!? Why give the players these blueprints if they can't even build the damn thing? Frames should ONLY require parts from the planet they come from and planets earlier in the chart. So Rhino should only require parts from Venus and Earth. Excalibur from Mars should only take parts from Mars, Mercury, Venus, and Earth. It's called "progression" and there should be some logic applied to it.

The same goes for weapons. It really feels like a slap in the face to rank up and look in the Store for a new weapon that you now qualify for, you buy the blueprint, then discover you aren't even close to the planet where the components drop to build it. All the excitement of leveling up just destroyed and turned into disappointment. Really, rank 1 and rank 2 weapons should NOT require parts from the Void. Lower rank weapons should only require parts from lower tier planets. If the weapon is "too good" to use lower tier parts then maybe it is set at the wrong Rank requirement from what it should be. Really, why even allow players to get the blueprints for these weapons if they can't even get the parts to build them? It makes ZERO sense, it doesn't add "challenge", it only adds frustration.

19 minutes ago, No1NParticular31 said:

I know I am a bit late to this party but as a relatively new player (just started a few months ago), hopefully my feedback will be beneficial. To me one of the most frustrating things early on and that almost made me quit was the idiocy in the order that blueprints become available vs the order that the components to make said blueprints become available. In other words, if you can get access to a blueprint, you should be able to get the parts to build it.

Some examples:

The second planet a new player comes to is Venus where they acquire their second frame (Rhino). Yay, I get a new frame to play with right? WRONG. To build Rhino requires morphics that you cannot get until Mercury is unlocked, Salvage that you can't get until Mars, Control Modules that you have to wait until Europa for, and Salvage that you can't get until Saturn. REALLY?!!? Why give the players these blueprints if they can't even build the damn thing? Frames should ONLY require parts from the planet they come from and planets earlier in the chart. So Rhino should only require parts from Venus and Earth. Excalibur from Mars should only take parts from Mars, Mercury, Venus, and Earth. It's called "progression" and there should be some logic applied to it.

The same goes for weapons. It really feels like a slap in the face to rank up and look in the Store for a new weapon that you now qualify for, you buy the blueprint, then discover you aren't even close to the planet where the components drop to build it. All the excitement of leveling up just destroyed and turned into disappointment. Really, rank 1 and rank 2 weapons should NOT require parts from the Void. Lower rank weapons should only require parts from lower tier planets. If the weapon is "too good" to use lower tier parts then maybe it is set at the wrong Rank requirement from what it should be. Really, why even allow players to get the blueprints for these weapons if they can't even get the parts to build them? It makes ZERO sense, it doesn't add "challenge", it only adds frustration.

I don't know... It looks like they are deliberately trying to give you goals. Goals is basically what this game is about. Grinding to do more grinding.

Personally, I never got frustrated with Warframe because I just built what I could as I played. I didn't fuss over things I couldn't make yet. 

I got all of the Vauban parts without even realizing it. I'm sure if I had set out to build Vauban ASAP I would've been frustrated waiting for alerts. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't know... It looks like they are deliberately trying to give you goals. Goals is basically what this game is about. Grinding to do more grinding.

If so they failed with that portion of it. The goals were already there. Clear the planets, rank up, and obtain the new frames and weapons that you unlock. Clear enough and logical enough, right up until you realize that the blueprint you just unlocked is currently useless and will take more ranks and planets to even use. It defeats the purpose of even having frames and weapons available earlier if you can't use them.

On 2019-09-12 at 6:36 AM, VotumPrime said:

State what part of the game you think it is and why do you think they quit at that part and what DE should do to remedy it so that things stay interesting and keep these new players from leaving forever.

Predatory market. I mean the market ingame.

Showing the price of platinum infront instead of the blueprint or credit price infront of the items.

On 2019-09-22 at 7:14 PM, (NSW)SithDave said:

On the switch they quit once they get a taste of the trading on there and realize they can get a lot more for a lot less on other consoles.  It's 2019 almost everyone has a PC or laptop in there house. When the PC transfers stop scamming everyone maybe more people will stay.

Nintendo has been geared towards kids for over 30 years, and kids can not afford what traders are selling especially the vaulted items.

PC transfers are to blame for that. They have been nothing but vultures since day 1.  

Pretty sad when Ash Prime Systems alone won't sell for less than 900p, or Vauban Prime for 1200p.  There is no reason for people to keep playing on the switch if its better for them to play the game elsewhere.  

DE could do more to get vaulted items into circulation on the switch, especially the items that have never been available there yet.  You could put vaulted relics up for sale in the market at least for a few months.  People would rather give their plat  to DE than to a bunch of scammers from the PC.

Enough is enough already and anyone who says its all supply and demand can go back to the PC and stay there.  You sh*t won't float on any other console warframe is played on so why should it on the switch?

I've been in clans on the switch where I asked to help the clan founders farm Ash and Vauban primes and other vaulted frames and weapons then go to the market and try and raise their prices up as high as possible.  They are sitting on hundreds of the relics and it's all about greed.  Obviously I declined and left those clans.  Warframe on the switch is bad enough for the lack of people on it and those people are just making it worse by driving more people away.

The only positive thing on the switch trading right now is that people are indeed getting fed up with the PC users and calling them out as SCAMMERS in trade chat.

They started this mess on day 1 of switch release.  IF they actually gave a sh*t about Switch Warframe instead of greed then they can start to  clean it up and stop looking for those desperate suckers to try and f*ck over.

trading is also such an archaic manual ball*che, its 2019 yet warframe still thinks its the mid to late 1990s, same deal with their basic irc/chat system, anything that is not a warframe or shiny nice looking graphic comes in as a basic 3rd rate addition, the social aspect of warframe is absolutely horrible, also clans/alliances are utterly redundant and useless to newbies beyond vending blueprints and making new players get horribly lost, a feature that could be replaced entirely with 1 console/vending machine in your orbiter, do this and the whole dojo nonsense could just be deleted and we wouldnt miss a thing.

There is plenty of things to turn off new players and its been that way from day 1, quality of life improvements and actually guiding new players and helping them acclimatize to warframe seems to be a very, very low priority, it doesnt help that the vast majority of helpful information is hidden in a 3rd party wiki or in the case of DE, they have an annoying habbit of hiding everything useful or new in twitter or the forums which is of zero help to those not in the know, its always "normal" seeing totally clueless players in new events because of this.

Wow this thread is still going?

Well anyways, probably at the beginning of the game. After a few hours maybe days. 

It's not hard to imagine that new players would be overwhelmed by everything in the game and there isn't a clear direction for progress. It's not like in other games where you just follow the quests to level up and get new gear.

So for new comers the game is probably a mess. Even when I was new I played a few months and left because I didn't know what should I do. 

40 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Wow this thread is still going?

Well anyways, probably at the beginning of the game. After a few hours maybe days. 

It's not hard to imagine that new players would be overwhelmed by everything in the game and there isn't a clear direction for progress. It's not like in other games where you just follow the quests to level up and get new gear.

So for new comers the game is probably a mess. Even when I was new I played a few months and left because I didn't know what should I do. 

That used to be something you could say truthfully, but isn't the case these days. There's plenty of direction if players just realize a few obvious points:

1. They need to increase MR to access more stuff to use, so obviously they have to figure out how to do that (ask Region, check the Wiki, Google it, w/e).

2. The way you unlock nodes on the star chart is pretty self-explanatory, so just trying to unlock everything will lead them to the junctions, which teach them how to get more planets to clear. Several other forms of progress open up as you do this.

3. You have a Quests tab in your alerts under Navigation. It even shows you things like "Next objective: Saturn Junction" or something.

4. Assuming they actually paid attention in the tutorial (Vor's Prize), they should have figure out how mods work pretty easily. It's not a difficult system to understand. From there, they would figure out that their power curve is tied to their mods.

I will say that points 1 and 4 could be done better still, but when people claim the game doesn't offer any direction, they are just factually wrong. Besides, where I see people actually get frustrated has more to do with the pay walls (mod slots, reactors, forma, etc) that have VERY few free alternatives.

1 hour ago, FrostDragoon said:

That used to be something you could say truthfully, but isn't the case these days. There's plenty of direction if players just realize a few obvious points:

1. They need to increase MR to access more stuff to use, so obviously they have to figure out how to do that (ask Region, check the Wiki, Google it, w/e).

2. The way you unlock nodes on the star chart is pretty self-explanatory, so just trying to unlock everything will lead them to the junctions, which teach them how to get more planets to clear. Several other forms of progress open up as you do this.

3. You have a Quests tab in your alerts under Navigation. It even shows you things like "Next objective: Saturn Junction" or something.

4. Assuming they actually paid attention in the tutorial (Vor's Prize), they should have figure out how mods work pretty easily. It's not a difficult system to understand. From there, they would figure out that their power curve is tied to their mods.

I will say that points 1 and 4 could be done better still, but when people claim the game doesn't offer any direction, they are just factually wrong. Besides, where I see people actually get frustrated has more to do with the pay walls (mod slots, reactors, forma, etc) that have VERY few free alternatives.

Well my expirience comes from years ago. So probably you're right. I mean i started to play in 2013 and that was a really really long time ago.

One of the worst parts of this game is that there is no normal story for all game - just small ripped from big unknown parts that doesn't make any sense for most newbies, and not-newbies to. And this situation doesn't change much from a moment when game starts to develop at least something that can be called a descent lore and story (around two-three years for now as I think). Lore and story exist, somewhere far away from us, in brains and dreams of DE and Co...

Only merciless and senseless grind for more grind which become annoying very fast, and all new additions to arsenal are only make it more and more annoying because almost all new stuff is mostly placed in so called endgame which require quite much of time, patience, gear and real moneys to get it without buying from shop (about cash here I mean cash which you already wasted to get an actual end-game stuff to farm new stuff. You waste your time and money for grind but don't feel that this make you happier, because in the end you just feel disappointment from a wasted time to get something new and shiny which is just a piece of crap. Long time to craft a stuff that will be leveled within a hour and stowed in arsenal/thrown into the garbage after this doesn't make peoples happy to, and not everybody have free cash for speeding of craft and new stuff slots for any new collectible junk which make you sick when you work with it.

Also all cosmetic come only through shop and only it, and without it your stuff will mostly look ugly as hell (and don't forget that the most interesting cosmetics come through Steam, and this mean only through your own wallet and only it).

Probably about the time, maybe 20hrs in or so, that they realise this game is actually "free to install" rather than "free to play".

Yes, you can make plat in game to buy slots.  That's if you have anything to sell of course.  Let's be real, most new players will barely have any relics never mind piles of prime junk.  And if you're new then trade chat is more than a little daunting.  And you've only got maybe 4-5 trades per day if you do want to try selling stuff.

Wait times are a big turn off for many and I understand why.  Personally, I didn't mind but can see how after farming the jackal over and over to get rhino, to finally get all the parts and then have to wait 4 days, yeah, that's a real pain.  That's if you've got the resources as you need stuff from planet's beyond Venus to make him.   Farming the jackal is difficult when you're mr3-4 with unranked mods and crap weapons.  They should be rewarded, not told to wait.

And constantly having to go outside the game to get info on virtually anything.  Players want to play, not spend half the time looking up the wiki or searching yt. 

And then there's joining a pug team.  Having no idea what's going on, standing there equal parts in awe, confused and frustrated as enemies die around you and no idea how.  Getting lost on maps and dragged out cos the rest of the team are on the extraction point and you were trying to collect resources and/or had no idea where to go.

They should double the number of starting slots for weapons and warframe.  Then, on the 25hr mark should give the player 2 each prebuilt reactors/catalysts, 5k endo and 100k creds.  Help them get over that initial hump.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Probably about the time, maybe 20hrs in or so, that they realise this game is actually "free to install" rather than "free to play".

Yes, you can make plat in game to buy slots.  That's if you have anything to sell of course.  Let's be real, most new players will barely have any relics never mind piles of prime junk.  And if you're new then trade chat is more than a little daunting.  And you've only got maybe 4-5 trades per day if you do want to try selling stuff.

Wait times are a big turn off for many and I understand why.  Personally, I didn't mind but can see how after farming the jackal over and over to get rhino, to finally get all the parts and then have to wait 4 days, yeah, that's a real pain.  That's if you've got the resources as you need stuff from planet's beyond Venus to make him.   Farming the jackal is difficult when you're mr3-4 with unranked mods and crap weapons.  They should be rewarded, not told to wait.

And constantly having to go outside the game to get info on virtually anything.  Players want to play, not spend half the time looking up the wiki or searching yt. 

And then there's joining a pug team.  Having no idea what's going on, standing there equal parts in awe, confused and frustrated as enemies die around you and no idea how.  Getting lost on maps and dragged out cos the rest of the team are on the extraction point and you were trying to collect resources and/or had no idea where to go.

They should double the number of starting slots for weapons and warframe.  Then, on the 25hr mark should give the player 2 each prebuilt reactors/catalysts, 5k endo and 100k creds.  Help them get over that initial hump.   

Yea not gonna lie, I had no problems with the ui or figuring out what to do. I'm a little older so I actually read things on screen and in the codex....but I definitely felt I had to just drop 20 bucks for 370 plat just to stop being so gated. I didnt have much to sell so I got a lot of slots and even got a few mods and some anasas just so I could actually spend time playing the game instead of spending days farming 1 mod or something.

5 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

For the most part I agree with your post, except for point 1. I didn't know MR existed until I got the first Rank test popup and even then I had no idea what specifically raised it. I had to to go hunt that info down on the internet. Once I knew it still didn't help much because even frames from Tier 1 planets and Rank 0 - 2 weapons required junk from higher tier planets and end game zones like the Void in order to build them.

To be honest I felt 100% stuck. I started with Mag, had crap weapons and not a lot of mods. No forma, no potatoes, and serious energy issues. I found it difficult to get past junction bosses to progress enough to get the parts to build the stuff in order to level MR. I was considering quitting then I got a 70% plat coupon (only one I have ever seen in my 140ish days) and I bought some plat. I used that to buy Wisp when she was released and since she and her Fulmin came pre-potatoed I was able to equip enough mods to finally start progressing. Essentially without that coupon and subsequent expenditure I can all but guarantee I would not be here today. Now I have completely unlocked the map, farmed every basic frame in the game, 15 Prime frames, and all the necessary mods (except maybe Maiming Strike). All of that leveraged from that single purchase. All it would have taken to make the game playable is a more logical approach to what items blueprints require based on where they drop.

Then again I also feel like they do that crap intentionally in order to force people to pay.

3 hours ago, No1NParticular31 said:

For the most part I agree with your post, except for point 1. I didn't know MR existed until I got the first Rank test popup and even then I had no idea what specifically raised it. I had to to go hunt that info down on the internet. Once I knew it still didn't help much because even frames from Tier 1 planets and Rank 0 - 2 weapons required junk from higher tier planets and end game zones like the Void in order to build them.

Hard to not just see this as an excuse, honestly, and that's nothing against you personally. I hear it all the time.

1. There are plenty of weapons you can build right away

2. There are plenty of weapons that don't require building.

3. You should be able to progress through to Mars fairly easily in your first day.

4. You always have the option to ask for help in Recruiting chat.

3 hours ago, No1NParticular31 said:

To be honest I felt 100% stuck. I started with Mag, had crap weapons and not a lot of mods. No forma, no potatoes, and serious energy issues. I found it difficult to get past junction bosses to progress enough to get the parts to build the stuff in order to level MR. I was considering quitting then I got a 70% plat coupon (only one I have ever seen in my 140ish days) and I bought some plat. I used that to buy Wisp when she was released and since she and her Fulmin came pre-potatoed I was able to equip enough mods to finally start progressing. Essentially without that coupon and subsequent expenditure I can all but guarantee I would not be here today. Now I have completely unlocked the map, farmed every basic frame in the game, 15 Prime frames, and all the necessary mods (except maybe Maiming Strike). All of that leveraged from that single purchase. All it would have taken to make the game playable is a more logical approach to what items blueprints require based on where they drop.

Then again I also feel like they do that crap intentionally in order to force people to pay.

I think most of this is fair criticism. The problem I have been stating so far isn't that the information isn't there, but that its presentation is lacking and there are a few legitimate walls put up that can frustrate new players (paywalls, in the form of slots/potatoes/forma etc in particular). Where I don't think DE deserves all the blame is when people expect everything to be tutorialized and hold their hand from within the game. It's not that big an ask to expect players to use Google/Youtube/Wiki for a game with so many systems in it--some of which are fairly complex. It's all about balancing it out right.

Another thing is this...

While I appreciate that you start with 50 (untradable) platinum, it would be nice to start with more slots, fit more potatoes into junction rewards, and be a bit less stingy about Endo drops in the early game. 15 at a time is nothing and I feel this is one of the key areas where players legitimately get stuck around Jupiter/Saturn/Uranus due to enemy scaling. There are ways around it if you do a little research (such as get Rhino + Hek, Lex, and Gram), but that's not something you can just expect a player to know and borders on "cheese."

~~

I stated earlier in this thread that I started a new acct around a week ago to see how different it is now compared to when I first started, and that acct is now MR 5. I functionally have almost everything I need to progress through most of the chart and haven't even touched that starting platinum. The biggest things that help are:

1. Nightwave - You get early access to a potato (I recommend it for your starter frame or early Rhino). You get access to aura mods. Grab any that matches your polarity. It's actual effect isn't very important unless it happens to be Corrosive Projection, Sprint Boost, or Toxin Resistance.

2. Maroo's weekly Ayatan treasure hunt. Assuming you don't fail, this is a huge influx of endo at this stage of the game. Any statues you find during missions are similarly valuable, so make it a point to bring Loot Radar in whatever form you can.

3. You get lots of free blueprint from junction rewards, but you can also just buy the MK1 weapons outright if you need more MR. Then there are some weapons that are just too good to pass up, like the previously mentioned Hek, Lex, Gram, Boar (enemy drop in Uranus), and Ignis (with Combustion Beam).

4. While I didn't have to do this, once I finished the requirements for Neptune junction I got someone to do 2 runs of Index (High Risk) for me to save me hours of low level dark sectors. They are functionally similar except that one gives more crafting materials and the other has specific mods that drop (most are unneeded). Credits are the other major barrier for low level accounts, so if you can get someone to do some Index for you, you save yourself a substantial chunk of grind. This is (literally) doubly true if you opt for a credit booster, which I didn't. I do recommend them for new players who want to accelerate their progress, though. Resource boosters can be nice, but I don't recommend those specifically until you start farming Kuva, Toroids, Cetus/Fortuna minerals/fish, sentient cores, etc--in other words, the more useful "high end" materials you worry about in late game.

5. Keep an eye on Invasion alerts. You can get potatoes/forma from it, and start building toward some fun weapons (Karak Wraith, Latron Wraith, Strun Wraith, etc). These are by no means "powerful," but they are strong enough to do a lot once you build up your mods some.

6. Do SPY missions! The main reason is to get the 60/60 mods for your weapons, which are extremely efficient for your early game capacity. You may get Ivara parts while you're at it so you don't spend as much time specifically farming her later. Aside from this, it's a decent way to get exp that doesn't require you to be able to kill hordes of enemies rapidly. You just have to learn the puzzles (which is super easy in tier 1 and 2 Spy missions).

7. Farm Captain Vor early. He can drop Seer parts (a crappy MR fodder pistol) and the Cronus blueprint (a half usable sword at this stage of the game). They are easy to craft and give MR. You may also get redundant parts that you don't need, so you can sell those for extra credits.

8. This isn't something I had to do either, but it would be a big help to join an active clan that has the research done. Aside from getting access to good weapons early on (like Ignis at MR 5), you should also be getting access to other players who you can ask for help. I didn't do this because I felt I had enough advantage over new players with just my game knowledge, but I did join my main acct's clan that I built myself just for the research access.

Maybe it's worth putting this kind of info and more into a separate thread somewhere, but the point is that it's perfectly feasible to do everything yourself without spending plat. It's definitely the hard way to do it, though. The game is designed to be p2w in the "pay to skip" (buying stuff instead of farming for it) and "pay for convenience" (boosters) factors, as well as "pay for power" through potatoes/forma. However, just because it's designed to be p2w, doesn't mean you have to. It is also designed with "Some pay to play, some grind to play" in mind. This is why new players should learn to use warframe.market ASAP.

28 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Hard to not just see this as an excuse, honestly, and that's nothing against you personally. I hear it all the time.

1. There are plenty of weapons you can build right away

2. There are plenty of weapons that don't require building.

3. You should be able to progress through to Mars fairly easily in your first day.

4. You always have the option to ask for help in Recruiting chat.

1 and 2, while technically true, this is not apparent in any way. I opened up the market, looked at the weapons and saw a wall of options. I clicked on a few and the ones I happened to look at were blueprints since the fully built stuff was not called out or even sort-able/filterable, I assumed they were ALL blueprints. I was MR 7 or 8 before I even realized there were fully built weapons in the market. I did buy a couple of blueprints only to find out afterwards that I couldn't build them and now I was out of credits. This is NO WAY looking through the Market to determine what planets you need access to in order to build something as a new player. I again incorrectly assumed the game would follow a sensible progression. Nothing like grabbing that Rank 2 Atterax only to discover after purchase that it requires Argon Crystals that only drop in the Void. Meanwhile the Hek which is MR 4 only requires up to mars for the salvage. This is what I mean by low rank weapons need to use only low tier crafting components. The Hek should be lower rank than the Atterax OR the Atterax should change what components it requires.

As far as 3 goes I did get through Mercury pretty quickly but with Mag as a starter frame and not having any energy like ever, I pretty much stopped trying to use her abilities (waiting for that glorious time somewhere in the future that other players kept telling me would come where I wouldn't have any more energy woes) and just used weapons to kill stuff. So when I got the Mars junction, that boss ate my lunch over and over and over. I didn't get passed it until a week or two later when someone told me that the number of remaining capacity points you have affects the amount of energy you start with in a mission. Then I was able to pull off some non-required mods to get enough energy to use the right abilities to kill the specter.

29 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

I stated earlier in this thread that I started a new acct around a week ago to see how different it is now compared to when I first started, and that acct is now MR 5. I functionally have almost everything I need to progress through most of the chart and haven't even touched that starting platinum. The biggest things that help are:

1. Nightwave - You get early access to a potato (I recommend it for your starter frame or early Rhino). You get access to aura mods. Grab any that matches your polarity. It's actual effect isn't very important unless it happens to be Corrosive Projection, Sprint Boost, or Toxin Resistance.

2. Maroo's weekly Ayatan treasure hunt. Assuming you don't fail, this is a huge influx of endo at this stage of the game. Any statues you find during missions are similarly valuable, so make it a point to bring Loot Radar in whatever form you can.

3. You get lots of free blueprint from junction rewards, but you can also just buy the MK1 weapons outright if you need more MR. Then there are some weapons that are just too good to pass up, like the previously mentioned Hek, Lex, Gram, Boar (enemy drop in Uranus), and Ignis (with Combustion Beam).

4. While I didn't have to do this, once I finished the requirements for Neptune junction I got someone to do 2 runs of Index (High Risk) for me to save me hours of low level dark sectors. They are functionally similar except that one gives more crafting materials and the other has specific mods that drop (most are unneeded). Credits are the other major barrier for low level accounts, so if you can get someone to do some Index for you, you save yourself a substantial chunk of grind. This is (literally) doubly true if you opt for a credit booster, which I didn't. I do recommend them for new players who want to accelerate their progress, though. Resource boosters can be nice, but I don't recommend those specifically until you start farming Kuva, Toroids, Cetus/Fortuna minerals/fish, sentient cores, etc--in other words, the more useful "high end" materials you worry about in late game.

5. Keep an eye on Invasion alerts. You can get potatoes/forma from it, and start building toward some fun weapons (Karak Wraith, Latron Wraith, Strun Wraith, etc). These are by no means "powerful," but they are strong enough to do a lot once you build up your mods some.

6. Do SPY missions! The main reason is to get the 60/60 mods for your weapons, which are extremely efficient for your early game capacity. You may get Ivara parts while you're at it so you don't spend as much time specifically farming her later. Aside from this, it's a decent way to get exp that doesn't require you to be able to kill hordes of enemies rapidly. You just have to learn the puzzles (which is super easy in tier 1 and 2 Spy missions).

7. Farm Captain Vor early. He can drop Seer parts (a crappy MR fodder pistol) and the Cronus blueprint (a half usable sword at this stage of the game). They are easy to craft and give MR. You may also get redundant parts that you don't need, so you can sell those for extra credits.

8. This isn't something I had to do either, but it would be a big help to join an active clan that has the research done. Aside from getting access to good weapons early on (like Ignis at MR 5), you should also be getting access to other players who you can ask for help. I didn't do this because I felt I had enough advantage over new players with just my game knowledge, but I did join my main acct's clan that I built myself just for the research access.

I agree with most of this, and if I started over right now with the knowledge that I have gained I could do it a whole lot faster and easier with a lot less frustration. The problem is as a new player that has never seen the game before, you don't know that there are fully built weapons in the market, which planets which components drop from so you can make smarter choices buying blueprints, which weapons work better, how to manage energy use, etc. New players have no clue what Maroo's is and as far as NW you aren't getting very far in it as a new player since you have no chance at doing a LOT of those tasks. You are going to be able to do most of the dailies, a few of the weeklies and zero of the elite weeklies. An experienced player starting over is NOT the same as a new player with zero prior knowledge.

This is a very complex game and that is a GOOD thing but there does need to be a bit more info in game. Especially as new features are unlocked. And a more logical weapon and frame progression as I have mentioned.

As far as Nightwave, I only counted the first reward because it gave 150 cred. You could get two potatoes, or what I did, a potato and 3 auras (one of each polarity).

I agree the market could be better about that stuff, but the point is that everything is there. Players just don't want to put in the effort to look for themselves and seem to be afraid of asking for help in Region/Recruiting, looking for the answers online, or using the tools they do have to push forward.

Edit:

When I was first brand new to Warframe, I joined a clan almost immediately and constantly asked questions. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing this.

Edited by FrostDragoon

My guess is: Modding your equipment and waiting "ages" for your first farmed warframe to complete, because maybe your starter was not fully to your liking. I was fortunate that I started the game with friends, so both of these factors weren't too severe for me because we just did something else in the meantime.

41 minutes ago, Ein0r said:

My guess is: Modding your equipment and waiting "ages" for your first farmed warframe to complete, because maybe your starter was not fully to your liking. I was fortunate that I started the game with friends, so both of these factors weren't too severe for me because we just did something else in the meantime.

I'm going to have to say no to the modding aspect. That was a feature I found very interesting and was a big part of what kept me playing when I was new.

The arbitrary and extensive build times are awful, though. There is no defense for those.

honestly I've seen a lot of people lose interest by having to scan three things that MAY randomly appear, one mission at a time, on Mars. I've also seen people lose interest because of the lack of impetus other than your own desire. Taking 50 hours or so to get to the "best quest" (Or the "real" ending of the "tutorial"). To people who aren't obsessive like me and absorb all the lore they can there is very little reason to care about who they are, what they are doing, or why they were doing it. Also, it really hurts once you realize how many tens of millions of credits and hundreds of thousand of Endo you need. 

Edited by (NSW)Badger

14 hours ago, DesDaimonus said:

One of the worst parts of this game is that there is no normal story for all game - just small ripped from big unknown parts that doesn't make any sense for most newbies, and not-newbies to. And this situation doesn't change much from a moment when game starts to develop at least something that can be called a descent lore and story (around two-three years for now as I think). Lore and story exist, somewhere far away from us, in brains and dreams of DE and Co...

Only merciless and senseless grind for more grind which become annoying very fast, and all new additions to arsenal are only make it more and more annoying because almost all new stuff is mostly placed in so called endgame which require quite much of time, patience, gear and real moneys to get it without buying from shop (about cash here I mean cash which you already wasted to get an actual end-game stuff to farm new stuff. You waste your time and money for grind but don't feel that this make you happier, because in the end you just feel disappointment from a wasted time to get something new and shiny which is just a piece of crap. Long time to craft a stuff that will be leveled within a hour and stowed in arsenal/thrown into the garbage after this doesn't make peoples happy to, and not everybody have free cash for speeding of craft and new stuff slots for any new collectible junk which make you sick when you work with it.

This man, also, has a bit of a point.

I've lost track of how many times I myself have posted (or seen other people post) about bringing back old events as Planetary quests that form a "Main story questline", but it has gone unnoticed and unheeded for YEARS now.

Instead of us long-time players with generally favourable impressions of the game speculating over why newcomers might leave, it's worth trying to look for first-hand accounts. Go to the Warframe steam page, filter by negative reviews, 0-30 hours played. Ignore the troll one-word answers, people experiencing have crashes, and people who played on other platforms essentially review-bombing the steam page.

The most common recurring issue I see is a lack of understanding of the monetisation in the game. Many accusations of P2W by people with barely 10 hours into the game. People quit when they open their arsenal and see that every weapon is purchasable with plat, or when they see that they need plat to buy the basic colour palette, or when they need plat to buy weapon and Warframe slots, or when they see that a weapon takes 12 hours to craft and costs plat to rush. New players don't understand that the listed price of plat is misleading because people almost always buy plat at a discount, or just farm plat in-game. Monetisation is the number 1 reason people quit within the first 10 hours of the game.

PS: I saw a review from a guy with 2.4 hours played which just said "horrible voice acting" which made me feel bad for Rebecca.

• Like 1

I'm a new player (mr7) and have quit 2 times already (with more than 1y pause between comebacks).

- first time I quit after 1st boss. There was simply no storyline to keep my interest while jumping from point to point for easy run&gun gameplay.. or maybe I just expected something like borderlands, idk.

- second time I quit after I saw the in game economy and shop: everything costs incredible amount of platinum and it's overpriced. You have to click "buy" for plat and several pages later carefully select blueprint for ingame credits. Wow, that is illegal shady attempt to trick buyers in most of the countries nowadays. 

-now I'm playing with friends and have some small amount of plat bought with discount code.. the way I see it, I'll leave when it's over. Why? Well, for me Warframe combines all bad of several f2p business models out there: it's a mixture of mobile cash grab game (pay for slot and color every 7 days), Asian MMO (get 5 plat after 7 days gameplay) and Wargaming product (buy WF for 50€). It might have been a good business practice years ago..

3 hours ago, AKTKWNG said:

Instead of us long-time players with generally favourable impressions of the game speculating over why newcomers might leave, it's worth trying to look for first-hand accounts. Go to the Warframe steam page, filter by negative reviews, 0-30 hours played. Ignore the troll one-word answers, people experiencing have crashes, and people who played on other platforms essentially review-bombing the steam page.

The most common recurring issue I see is a lack of understanding of the monetisation in the game. Many accusations of P2W by people with barely 10 hours into the game. People quit when they open their arsenal and see that every weapon is purchasable with plat, or when they see that they need plat to buy the basic colour palette, or when they need plat to buy weapon and Warframe slots, or when they see that a weapon takes 12 hours to craft and costs plat to rush. New players don't understand that the listed price of plat is misleading because people almost always buy plat at a discount, or just farm plat in-game. Monetisation is the number 1 reason people quit within the first 10 hours of the game.

PS: I saw a review from a guy with 2.4 hours played which just said "horrible voice acting" which made me feel bad for Rebecca.

There's a lot of truth to this one. When I was extremely new to the game I almost quit because of the monetization everywhere. It reeked of p2w and still does.