Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At What Part of The Game Do You Think The Majority of NEW Players Quit The Game?

VotumPrime

On 2019-09-28 at 6:40 PM, FrostDragoon said:

I wouldn't go that far. Lots of games have enough complexity/depth that it's not exactly realistic to have it all expressed properly in game. The problem, imo, is that there's a wide gulf between what already is explained in game and what could be. Bring that more toward the middle is what most players want, I think.

What could be wrong with developing content while simultaneously saying something about it in the codex. It doesn't take much! On top of the fact that the theme of the game is broken, so following from relatable knowledge is not going to happen. I'm not hating for the game not having it bcuz discovery is cool. A concerted effort to tell u what's going on is of poor effort.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

What could be wrong with developing content while simultaneously saying something about it in the codex. It doesn't take much!

Exactly. The issue lies in the fact that the DE team has developed friendship and are blind to the direction the game is heading in. They hug one another and keep repeating everything is golden, we are the best etc etc to one another. I assume most of the days go like this at their office, because the pace at which new stuff is happening doesn't justify the 300++ strength in any manner whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, --C--Nehra said:

Exactly. The issue lies in the fact that the DE team has developed friendship and are blind to the direction the game is heading in. They hug one another and keep repeating everything is golden, we are the best etc etc to one another. I assume most of the days go like this at their office, because the pace at which new stuff is happening doesn't justify the 300++ strength in any manner whatsoever. 

Only somebody who has never done that line of work could assume as much. I don't say this to disrespect you, but because you have allowed your ignorance to draw bad conclusions.

On 2019-09-12 at 4:06 AM, VotumPrime said:

State what part of the game you think it is and why do you think they quit at that part and what DE should do to remedy it so that things stay interesting and keep these new players from leaving forever.

Unfortunately in the hindsight, I don't work for DE nor have comprehensive stats for it that exist before me in front of my desk where the grind is endless and RNG is my cruel mistress. 

If the player wishes to skip the progression by paying and winning the game easily, you do realize the obvious fact, no mind will love to stick is the simple rule in the textbook which is a given fact as a dopamine in their brains being registered and shall keep seeking new content in order to get attracted. 

Essentially, here are the following thoughts of new players and vets will quit at any junction in this game according to my opinion :-

• If you give everything for free, like a father who gives to the child who never works hard, they will definitely quit at any junction in order to skip challenges be in any context of a human life. Literally, spoiled minds can never appreciate anybody's work and process behind it unless the kindness is brought to halt and Devs will face endless misery of creating new content for each update rather patching the previous ones in order to satiate every players mind. Hence, the community stays divided and starts playing spartans to conquer over here or in-game for that matter. In a nutshell, kindness is your enemy and don't go overboard with it, please.
  • Excessive payment wall like booster packages is fruitful to company in terms of microtranscations as we all deliciously love food arriving from branded fast food corner in a single purchase which serves as another dopamine factor of any player's brain and brag about it to other players after joining the random public session. Seriously, are these kind of players trying to assist with salty thoughts placed towards rest of squad members, just because you bought a booster or received it for free from the sortie rewards.This point of this thinking is still bizarre apart for obvious point unless you wish for everyone to reciprocate on each statement I came across during my grind in all years of playing with randoms especially new players talk like I won a biggest lottery of my life and waiting for me to respond in false positive manner - "Hey, it's awesome to have your booster and will assist during our grind, join in, please". The cold reality truth of being vet is that we want to you to join in our squad in order to improve the drop rate that is set by game design regardless your booster and I don't try to objectify in any angles like a PvP player does for K/D in a match.
  • The biggest spicy talks has been all about grind for both new players and vets as we rock in the same boat yet for some odd reason, we are united on this part. Sadly, DE turns a blind eye while drinking their wine having smug faces on the camera during a livestream. Is this some of canadian trait or culture, I prefer not to delve into this anymore over the years and remain stoic as usual nor have a choice in this matter to begin with. 
  • DE loves to hear you out, if you're a star studded or a mini celebrity on the social media. If not, they are completely dismissive about giving any response to any individual unless your post gets rated hot in order to get their attention. Ultimately, what is the point being vocal on the forums since our opinions doesn't matter to them in the end. In all cases, I can never speak to a human being who shut their minds towards me and placed a wall of ignorance in front of my eyes. 
  • The developers of this game has been on the following corroded path by bringing in, the true gambling factor such as riven mods which is no different from loot boxes which has made it worst in terms of grinding factors rather to focus on curtailing it anytime soon. However, the choice we have in our hands is that either accept or leave it. 

In conclusion, as I speak here from my experience and knowing the DE over the years, they couldn't care less of an individual being vocal in any format, they will dismiss it at their discretion. As they say, give them a cake of grofit, people will listen. If not, nobody cares in the end is the cold reality we live in this world. 

P.S. I do sincerely apologize as my above points may have crucified and not a vent rather speaking my genuine experiences as individual player out here in this forums. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

1 hour ago, FrostDragoon said:

Only somebody who has never done that line of work could assume as much. I don't say this to disrespect you, but because you have allowed your ignorance to draw bad conclusions.

Sorry if you believe that one should be a doctor in order to criticize another doctor. If everybody thought this way, then each and every field would get monopolized and no progress would ever happen. 320+ people can and certainly should do a way better job as far as lore and quest type content is concerned (you didn't bother checking out the context of my remarks certainly).  Truth is they don't care about anything outside of usual new-frames-new-skins-new-revolutionary-open-world-esque-industry-changing-content. 

I consider myself a perpetual new player. That is, I never play longer than a month or 2 at a time. The game simply doesn't have any long term appeal.

It's more like fast food between real meals.

I come back and always hit the same wall. The realization that if I want anything good, I have to buy it with platinum from another player. You hit a point where you can no longer improve without sheer luck or opening your wallet.

The RNG and trading system ultimately chases me away. The idea that you can't get good loot from a loot game beyond a certain point really just sucks the motivation out of me.

I don't want to play a space wall street. Let me get good gear and rivens from actual loot.

Edited by IIDMOII

11 hours ago, --C--Nehra said:

They hug one another and keep repeating everything is golden, we are the best etc etc to one another.

I wonder if that's the reason why The Amazing Eternals failed harder than Battleborn.

I'll never understand how DE has so many employees and yet it's so hard for them to deliver anything. We have indies doing amazing games like Greedfall with less than 30 people and somehow a company of hundreds makes everyone wait over a year for anything solid and it still comes out ridiculously buggy.

Edited by Ephemiel

9 hours ago, --C--Nehra said:

Sorry if you believe that one should be a doctor in order to criticize another doctor. If everybody thought this way, then each and every field would get monopolized and no progress would ever happen. 320+ people can and certainly should do a way better job as far as lore and quest type content is concerned (you didn't bother checking out the context of my remarks certainly).  Truth is they don't care about anything outside of usual new-frames-new-skins-new-revolutionary-open-world-esque-industry-changing-content. 

You're misrepresenting what I said. I'm not saying you have to be a doctor to criticize one. I'm saying that you have so little knowledge of what doctors actually go through that your criticism is false and misplaced. Your expectations don't align with reality because you simply don't know better.

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

The idea that you can't get good loot from a loot game beyond a certain point really just sucks the motivation out of me.

I don't want to play a space wall street. Let me get good gear and rivens from actual loot.

I just started playing May 10th of this year, yet I already have every single base frame in the game, 16 Prime frames, all of the so called "best weapons", and all the mods I need (including all the Baro Primed mods) with the possible exception of "memeing strike" and a couple of Failwing mods. I only bought plat twice (once with a 70% off and once as part of the Tenocon for the total Baro inventory access) and used some to buy 1 frame (Wisp) early on to get over a hump in progression and 2 or 3 mods that I needed, but I could have done everything without doing that. I was able to get 90plat worth of rare mods I needed with an even trade for a spare complete Hydroid Prime set that I had farmed. The only thing you really need plat to buy is more slots. Pretty much the ONLY thing you really have to buy from other players would be specific Rivens which are NOT required for anything in the game other than stupidly long survival missions. So I guess what I am saying is that I have no idea what you mean that you "can't get good loot" without buying it. What is this "good gear" that you can't get?

• Like 1

And maybe potatoes/forma if you play enough that you aren't getting enough from Nightwave/fissures compared to how fast you progress.

Maybe but I haven't really had a problem with potatoes and forma myself. I accidentally bought an Exilus Adapter on day one not realizing what I was doing and I think I might have bought one potato, not really sure otherwise it was 0. Never needed to buy forma. As mentioned I have 16 Primed Frames and several Primed weapons and even Odonata Prime. All that farming plus all of the void traces needed, anytime all 4 players either had 15 ducat rewards that I didn't need or Forma, I would choose the Forma. So I have been able to forma everything I ever wanted and have like 20 something in reserve. Thanks to NW, Gift of Lotus, and the occasional alert,  I currently have 6 or 7 Catalysts and 8 or 9 Reactors banked. Now I do not have every frame potatoed and formaed but I do have all of the ones that I enjoy playing built out.

Edited by No1NParticular31

52 minutes ago, No1NParticular31 said:

Maybe but I haven't really had a problem with potatoes and forma myself. I accidentally bought an Exilus Adapter on day one not realizing what I was doing and I think I might have bought one potato, not really sure otherwise it was 0. Never needed to buy forma. As mentioned I have 16 Primed Frames and several Primed weapons and even Odonata Prime. All that farming plus all of the void traces needed, anytime all 4 players either had 15 ducat rewards that I didn't need or Forma, I would choose the Forma. So I have been able to forma everything I ever wanted and have like 20 something in reserve. Thanks to NW, Gift of Lotus, and the occasional alert,  I currently have 6 or 7 Catalysts and 8 or 9 Reactors banked. Now I do not have every frame potatoed and formaed but I do have all of the ones that I enjoy playing built out.

I pretty much forma every prime frame, my favorite non-primes, and my favorite weapons... but that makes for a lot more potatoes than I get through gameplay.

1. They go to Cetus, it takes a hell of a long time to get to locations, not to mention all the enemies are way too hard, and quit. Or, they go to Venus, do Orb Vallis, try to finish Vox Solaris, can't finish Vox Solaris, quit.

2. They don't know what to do, and get confused and leave. Theres no clear direction where to go at first, some players will try to do the Mars junction first.

3. (Pre-UI changes) They can't find the "purchase blueprint" button for weapons in the market, and so they think weapons can only be attained by paying. (This has been fixed now)

4. (This never happened to me, but I can see it happening) They play public and always get grouped with other more experienced players, who skip all cinematics, and complete the objective before they even understand what's going on. Bored, they quit. (When I started, I never skipped cinematics.)

Those are pretty bad reasons and I suspect that the game is better off without them, except for point 2--the junctions ARE the direction of what to do next, so if you see something that says "Do this list of things to proceed" and you can't figure out to do that list, that's definitely on that person, not the game.

12 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Your expectations don't align with reality because you simply don't know better.

Reality is DE is no longer an Indie company with sub 50 employees. It needs no PhD to assess their shortcomings. They have their strengths and weaknesses. And at present they are not properly utilising whatever they have. Keep defending them if you like. I will see you on the other side when Railjack comes and the story is still same and nothing changes. 🙂 I have understood your pov and I stick to mine. And if you will step out of the community bubble of war frame you will realize it too. Anyway, it doesn't matter much to me. I play a couple days now and then and I am OK even if they don't drop anything until 2022. The fact remains that DE is no longer as successful as it was in the past. They have been backtracking and extending dates like no business should do. If you like it, more power to you. I would rather have them make small goals and deliver on time. After all we are their consumers and therefore should be treated seriously when given deadlines. 

It's not as if I defend everything they do, but yours is an ill-informed and entitled attitude, so your expectations will never be met. What you want will never happen. There's plenty DE could be doing better, but your caricaturization of them is both unfair and incorrect, so why would they listen to such complaints?

• Like 1

there are many reason they will quit best reason bored  but most will quit in approximately 1year  saying if they are dedicated and used to farming for hours and  in a year i think u can get mostly all skins.parts with or without spending any money  etc

25 minutes ago, Reakacemrz said:

there are many reason they will quit best reason bored  but most will quit in approximately 1year  saying if they are dedicated and used to farming for hours and  in a year i think u can get mostly all skins.parts with or without spending any money  etc

In a year of that kind of play, they aren't really "new players quitting," though.

• Like 1

In a year of that kind of play, they aren't really "new players quitting," though.

the new player wont quit  if s/he played any  kind of grind game as warframe is all about  new and causal player  1 year was fo dedicated player other will quit in a week  and people coming from any competitive game will quit in an hour

On 2019-10-01 at 3:00 AM, DerDzvero said:

- second time I quit after I saw the in game economy and shop: everything costs incredible amount of platinum and it's overpriced. You have to click "buy" for plat and several pages later carefully select blueprint for ingame credits. Wow, that is illegal shady attempt to trick buyers in most of the countries nowadays. 

That was part of the old UI, it's gone now. Of course, most veteran players don't care, many of them still like the old version for whatever reason.

On 2019-10-01 at 3:00 AM, DerDzvero said:

now I'm playing with friends and have some small amount of plat bought with discount code.. the way I see it, I'll leave when it's over. Why? Well, for me Warframe combines all bad of several f2p business models out there: it's a mixture of mobile cash grab game (pay for slot and color every 7 days), Asian MMO (get 5 plat after 7 days gameplay) and Wargaming product (buy WF for 50€). It might have been a good business practice years ago..

"Pay for a slot and color every 7 days?" What?

"Get 5 platinum after 7 days gameplay"... ...Uhh... I'm a bit confused...

Edited by (NSW)Edcaous

On 2019-10-03 at 7:52 PM, FrostDragoon said:

Those are pretty bad reasons and I suspect that the game is better off without them, except for point 2--the junctions ARE the direction of what to do next, so if you see something that says "Do this list of things to proceed" and you can't figure out to do that list, that's definitely on that person, not the game.

Were you addressing me? I couldn't tell.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

Pay for a slot and color every 7 days? What?

Get 5 platinum after 7 days gameplay... ...Uhh... I'm a bit confused...

Yeah, this reeks of someone who has no clue trying to add a bad opinion which is based on ignorance. I mean, you can make 5p a day just by running NM missions and selling the mods. While I agree this game does have some pretty bad forms of p2w in it, it's made tolerable by the fact that you can get plat from other players.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

That was part of the old UI, it's gone now. Of course, most veteran players don't care, many of them still like the old version for whatever reason.

"Pay for a slot and color every 7 days?" What?

"Get 5 platinum after 7 days gameplay"... ...Uhh... I'm a bit confused...

Where is that new UI? When I want a BP I either go via

"Arsenal-Equip- find item for plat-buy-select BP for credits.."
of
"market-same process......"

Is there a third option to find directly BP without having the need to click BUY on a Platinum listed price? Apparently I could find the cash grab options above, but not the one you point to so please help me 😞

On "Pay for a slot and color every 7 days?" - it's simple, as a new player I constantly unlock and grind WFs. That is just by following the main and side quest lines.

I have 4 now in Foundry and they need slots.. You can of course argue that one is not supposed to keep all WFs, but at least primes and quest-obtainable are to be kept at all cost, so a new player would have to buy slots regularly until he/she caps the need/WFs/credit card (whatever comes first). 75p for color palettes is even beyond discussion tbh..
Also bear in mind what is the chance for a new player to get platinum on discount. Else we're speaking of full pay2play title price of 50 Euros by first 100h gameplay. Ergo - no free2play from new player's perspective at this stage.

On the "5 plat per 7 days gameplay" topic - You have to think from new person's perspective, not having 1000h grind behind. If I go through my Inventory I have lots of stuff that cost 1-3p each and several that cost up to 10-20. But I need those and will be needing them + more as I progress. It's not feasible to expect and claim that new players can easily make Plat in game by several reasons:
-they need to collect stuff not get rid of it
-they need to know what is the rarity and value of the stuff, before even approaching the Market
-they need to spend way more than they get from RNG at that stage (one Prime WF needs a slot and a potato at least, that could easily cost me 1/2 of Inventory currently).
-Nightmare is NOT new player's content. Same applies for ESO and so on. The places where good loot drops are not easily accessible at the start
and so on. All those are not a problem, just reasons why it's not reasonable to expect new players getting plat easily.

I'm not saying it's impossible, terrible, unbearable. I'm just sharing my impressions. No idea why some comments are toxic and mean, I thought the idea of the thread is to give developers feedback to improve the marketing and polish the stuff. I'm here to read/write/play/learn so obviously I haven't thrown away all entirely and I'm looking for workaround of the issues I face.. but I hope devs aren't following the trend here to call new players/customer "ignorant" and "having no clue", very few game studios can afford that nowadays and even they don't get away easily with that..

Edited by DerDzvero