Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Natah's Sentient Children

VotumPrime

Now with the New War coming this winter. We know that the Sentient are after that pure and refined Kuva that the Tower of Unum has, which has the ability to completely heal, regenerate, and even evolved the Sentient and most importantly: It restores their fertility and their ability to produce children.

But before I continue, I want to bring up our Sentinels who somewhat resemble our great Sentient enemies. Some lorekeepers believe that these Sentinels are just shameful creations of Natah from when she crossed the gap and tried to create her own children or perhaps they are remnants of some Sentients that were destroyed during the war emerging as new lifeforms much like the Cetus Wisps on the Plains of Eidolon.

I bring this up because I feel like if the Sentient are successful in taking Cetus that pure Kuva will allow Natah to give birth and create new Sentient and they may take the shape and form of our warframes but upgraded with enhanced sentient abilities. Not only would this make fighting them more fun but it will also thicken the plot cause why does she need us anymore when she can make her own children? But if she really didn't care about us anymore then why would her children look like our warframes? Pretty neat right? 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Woah woah woah wait...

who said the sentients were after the kuva? Im not 100% up to date with the lore but Im not that far out of touch am I?

Don't worry! Just wait right there while I grab all the lore content that's relevant to this information. 

You might not know this but the Eidolon Sentient attacked the Unum Tower because of that pure and refined Kuva that it possessed. It new it can restore its fertility and possibly even allow it to start its own race of Sentient if consumed.

Here you go. StallorD covers the codex entries for this.

They will no longer be weak against the void if they consume this kuva.

Edited by VotumPrime

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

@VotumPrime the giant Eidolon knew that, but does that mean the rest of the Sentients also know that info? 

Yes. Lotus has access to all information that we know and so much more from our missions and from her various connections to all factions and organizations.

This is why they hit Cetus and the Plains of Eidolons in that trailer and it could be a potential motivation for her to betray the Tenno and return to the Sentient because the only reason she took us in was because we were children and she couldn't have her own children. But now.....she can.

20 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Don't worry! Just wait right there while I grab all the lore content that's relevant to this information. 

You might not know this but the Eidolon Sentient attacked the Unum Tower because of that pure and refined Kuva that it possessed. It new it can restore its fertility and possibly even allow it to start its own race of Sentient if consumed.

Here you go. StallorD covers the codex entries for this.

They will no longer be weak against the void if they consume this kuva.

This is a very interesting speculation! But the sentients and their plan to get the Union's Kuva, while really seems to be logical, is still a speculation, don't make it look like a fact! Sentients becoming able to bear children again after consuming Kuva is also speculation. Cool video though, I don't have all those codex entries shown in it (or haven't paid attention to them), have to collect all that pieces of lore!

On 2019-09-12 at 1:08 PM, Miser_able said:

Lotus probably found out when we found out. 

Thank you Miser.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This is a very interesting speculation! But the sentients and their plan to get the Union's Kuva, while really seems to be logical, is still a speculation, don't make it look like a fact! Sentients becoming able to bear children again after consuming Kuva is also speculation. Cool video though, I don't have all those codex entries shown in it (or haven't paid attention to them), have to collect all that pieces of lore!

It's not speculation. It was already confirmed in the lore entry. You can check the wikia or scan these things and unlock them for yourself in the codex entries to confirm it yourself.

They would not have brought up the fact that the pure Kuva of the Unum can restore their fertility and heal them if they weren't going to use it at all. There would have been no point to mentioning that other than flavor text. But the fact that they are going after Cetus first means that they are going for the Kuva in the Unum Tower. Otherwise DE is being stupid with their own lore by not using it.

• Like 2

On 2019-09-12 at 9:53 AM, VotumPrime said:

the only reason she took us in was because we were children and she couldn't have her own children.

This was her stated motivation per the Natah quest, but don't forget that in the Ropalolyst boss fight she says that she was in fact brainwashed by the Orokin into caring for the Tenno.

2 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

They would not have brought up the fact that the pure Kuva of the Unum can restore their fertility and heal them if they weren't going to use it at all. There would have been no point to mentioning that other than flavor text. But the fact that they are going after Cetus first means that they are going for the Kuva in the Unum Tower. Otherwise DE is being stupid with their own lore by not using it.

Okay, but don't act like DE doesn't write up lore bits and then forget about them completely. What about the Myconians? What was the point of Veytok – who everyone tries to shoehorn into their theories about new content but never ends up being mentioned? How about a more relevant example – the Thousand Year Fish? A story hidden in scannable objects on the Plains of Eidolon, just like the glass fragments that tell the Gara Legend. Is that gonna be relevant to the plot? Is Mer-Sa the Fish going to show up and eat the Natah's brother?

I like the idea of the Sentients going after the Unum's kuva, and think it makes sense in the lore, but I am not confident that DE will go there.

8 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

This was her stated motivation per the Natah quest, but don't forget that in the Ropalolyst boss fight she says that she was in fact brainwashed by the Orokin into caring for the Tenno.

Okay, but don't act like DE doesn't write up lore bits and then forget about them completely. What about the Myconians? What was the point of Veytok – who everyone tries to shoehorn into their theories about new content but never ends up being mentioned? How about a more relevant example – the Thousand Year Fish? A story hidden in scannable objects on the Plains of Eidolon, just like the glass fragments that tell the Gara Legend. Is that gonna be relevant to the plot? Is Mer-Sa the Fish going to show up and eat the Natah's brother?

I like the idea of the Sentients going after the Unum's kuva, and think it makes sense in the lore, but I am not confident that DE will go there.

Why not? They have yet to properly explain/flesh out what Kuva is, but it is important to the lore. They still have to tie in our decision making, one of which was around how we treated the Kuva vial from the Queens. The story of Gara telling us that Kuva can heal the Sentient's infertility/Void scarring sounds like an extremely major piece of information that would be absolutely retarded to forget about. And as little confidence as I tend to hold in DE sometimes, I guess I can only try to be optimistic that they'll at least tie one loose end.

I'm probably being greedy but am also hoping that they clean up some lore around Solar Rails, Junctions, and why they exist when we can have Railjacks.

• Like 3

Well, we know that the Sentient the Sol System has dealt with aren't all the Sentient, just a Vanguard force that was led according to Orokin Elite records by Hunhow, "Sentient Destroyer of Worlds". Those that made the hop through Void Gates were sterilized instead of pure killed as they were designed but we know from Quill Onkko that Kuva can do strange things to both humans and Sentient, most importantly repairing their lost reproduction systems. What is Kuva? We have hints that Kuva is life force, harvested by Siphons or Kuva Refinement Towers like the Unum, and meant to be used by Orokin Elite in their ceremonies and rituals to both body swap, empower themselves, and their long lives. I contend that Kuva is similar to the Blood from Bloodborne, and as Teshin says some Orokin believed it to house or link back to the memories and essence of their past generations, essentially Kuva is people and animals to steal from Soyant Green.

What can Kuva do? We know it seems to allow a deeper connection to Wally, or at least the Void; allowing him to talk to us and through us without being Freed in Chains of Harrow; the Elder Queen is able to fire beams of energy from the Kuva ornament on the tip of the now Broken Scepter (we either drank, dumped out, or gave to Teshin for safe-keeping the Kuva) and can be used to allow Orokin Elite to swap bodies and extend the life of current hosts, while also being able to be used to help make Ordan into Ordis. Through blueprints, we also know that Kuva is used in the production of some warframes and weapons, though to what extent this is required or just what worked for the Orokin Elite at the time, we can't say as yet.

As far as the Ropalolyst and Natah's Mimic Shards, it would be possible that Natah knows everything that Lotus knew, and its quite possible that Natah knows of the Gara Legends. Her Mimic shards were unseen since her conversion into Lotus - however that really happened - while the Ropalolyst is likely Natah's attempt to break off a piece of herself ala the Eidolons and make a new creature of her flesh then used to help produce samples for Alad V's Amalgam projects. We know at least Vomvalyst were studied as well, but he didn't seem to have samples of the main Eidolons so its likely that whatever Amalgams are made of is local to Natah. In a way, while the shards are simple extensions of Natah, at least as per how Hunhow refers to his own; the Ropalolyst might be like a piece of flesh chopped off and then given some autonomy like Frankenstein or just be directed akin to a shard just appearing to be separate.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-12 at 12:33 PM, VotumPrime said:

Now with the New War coming this winter. We know that the Sentient are after that pure and refined Kuva that the Tower of Unum has, which has the ability to completely heal, regenerate, and even evolved the Sentient and most importantly: It restores their fertility and their ability to produce children.

Maybe, maybe not. That's what the Eidolon Sentient believed when it ingested the kuva but that doesn't mean it's true. Remember Teshin's cautionary words about the true nature of kuva: "a corrupting oil that brings madness and evil."

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Urlan said:

the Ropalolyst is likely Natah's attempt to break off a piece of herself ala the Eidolons and make a new creature of her flesh then used to help produce samples for Alad V's Amalgam projects.

Natah refers to the Ropalolyst as "ancient", so it's not something she created just now. Also, it seems to be much bigger than her, which makes me wary about assuming it's a fragment of her. It also doesn't really look like her, although its Bauplan doesn't quite resemble any Sentient we've seen so far. Natah does call it her "other-flesh", but that could just mean that it's a fragment of her mother – which I am inclined to believe is the case. No hard evidence though.

1 hour ago, so_many_watermelons said:

The story of Gara telling us that Kuva can heal the Sentient's infertility/Void scarring sounds like an extremely major piece of information that would be absolutely retarded to forget about. And as little confidence as I tend to hold in DE sometimes, I guess I can only try to be optimistic that they'll at least tie one loose end.

Sure, I'm rooting for this too.

I'm probably being greedy but am also hoping that they clean up some lore around Solar Rails, Junctions, and why they exist when we can have Railjacks.

I always assumed that the Railjacks were a special thing, and not the standard way of travelling across the Rail network – thus the Junctions. Or they could be a new development, rather than Orokin technology. The first true technological advancement in millennia. I think it's safe to say none of the factions have Railjacks now.

32 minutes ago, Mints said:

Maybe, maybe not. That's what the Eidolon Sentient believed when it ingested the kuva but that doesn't mean it's true. Remember Teshin's cautionary words about the true nature of kuva: "a corrupting oil that brings madness and evil."

This is important to remember. Who knows, including Sentients, how kuva really works.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-12 at 9:33 AM, VotumPrime said:

I bring this up because I feel like if the Sentient are successful in taking Cetus that pure Kuva will allow Natah to give birth and create new Sentient and they may take the shape and form of our warframes but upgraded with enhanced sentient abilities. Not only would this make fighting them more fun but it will also thicken the plot cause why does she need us anymore when she can make her own children? But if she really didn't care about us anymore then why would her children look like our warframes? Pretty neat right? 

Last time the Sentients tried that, Gara and Warden stopped them, more or less by themselves.

And that was with the Sentient armada trying as hard as they could. Natah deliberately avoids combat with us, and despite her bluster is pants-wettingly terrified of us. The moment we attacked the Ropalolyst, she immediately wrote the flydolon off as a martyr instead of believing it had a fighting chance against us

Spoiler
  • "Ropalolyst, rise, remain, and die, for the others to live."
  • "Rise, ancient Ropalolyst, my other flesh. Your sacrifice will breed a new way, for a new kind."

She has far greater things to worry about -- namely, stopping us from taking FTL rails to the Tau system and permanently slaughtering her entire species

Judging by the intercepted radio transmissions we receive most conventional forms of spacecraft can't just take a solar rail whenever it likes. A ship has to enter the solar rail, get queued up to be sent to the next rail, and then the ship must also be received by the solar rail on the other side. Judging by the Railjack's name it can probably force its way onto a rail and bypass this process entirely. I'm not sure what the hell junctions are supposed to do but since their construction looks very Tenno in nature I can only assume it's the way they bypass the rail system using orbiters that can't do what Railjacks do.

I have a somewhat different take on things.

I see Natah as more of an opportunist due to being corrupted. I believe that she was indeed a child to Hunhow much like Margulus was to her parents. However, to gain access to the Teno and there power, it was necessary for Natah to should we say, "hijack" Margulus and take her place. However, when Natah took over the essence of Margulus, one thing in Margulus remained, her willpower. Natah could not overtake Margulus's ability to love and care for the Teno. But, Ballas had already gotten her in behind enemy lines, it was too late for anything to change. Natah took on a new identity to mask herself, "the Lotus". As the Lotus, she became the new chief "mission giver" of the Teno, becoming there protector. 

However all this time Natah is trying to get the Sentient forces in. This leads to the conclusion of the war, but also I would argue "corrupted the void". This corruption made the Orokin unable to walk amongst the Void. It explains why Ballas had to wait so long to kill Umbra, because he could not return to Lua while it was under cloak. Ballas was the key to defeating the Teno, he was the only one the Sentinents could use. BUT, we messed up that plan. Lotus joins Ballas because she sees him return now that he knows he can stop frames, even Umbra, so Natah has the ability to overpower the part of her that is Margulus now that "the show is back on the road".

The Ropa-dopa-lyst is our favorite Sentient chicken that I believe still roamed the Sol System (explains why it's on this side of the portals). However Natah needed to find out how to make something strong enough to counter the Tenoo now that Mr. "Point at you and kill you" is no longer able to kill or stop Tenno. However, the Chicken fails, and Natah now has the data she needs to make a determination. Tenno will fall if they are overwhelmed in power on the battlefield. If you had to fight the Ropyalist and all 3 Eidilons at the same time, you would be overtaken quickly. Natah now knows this, and is assembling a vast armada. She knows what will kill us, endurance. Have we not had to extract from an endurance mission before? She knows at one point there will be to many enemies to fight, and that is what she is bringing to the table. 

Now, going back to the first part about Natah being corrupted, I have an explanation for that. Kuva. Kuva is nothing more than raw power, found to be liquefied into a red substance and contained in a droplet-like container. Kuva is power, it can heal, change, hurt. It extends the life of the Orokin, allows body swaps, can change power for weapons, heals the sick, and strengthens the weak. We know what power can do, it can move mountains and do good, but it can also corrupt. I would argue that Natah has consumed some of this Kuva. She knows for a fact that Kuva is capable of what is described and much more, but she can't do anything without a sample. She needs to get to a source of it that is a soft target. The tower is an easy target, and reemerging Terry, Harry, and Gary together would be nice for the grand scheme of things. She needs it not to make the Sentients strong, but I would argue to let her corruption finish and to drive any part of Margulus's soul out of her to let her finish hijacking her body.

But Kuva has a weakness already. Willpower. As seen in what we as Operators have experienced, our will can influence a mission or decision. The only objective "good guy" in all of Warframe is basically your operator. Everyone else has issues that make them the (what I hate as a trope) "anti-hero". But our operators try to do the right thing. This is what counters the Kuva. If you drank it or not, destroyed it or not, saved it for a later date or not, your operator is still alive and well. He cares for others, which will be the strength you need to succeed in the missions ahead.

Further to the point, I see this mad dash for Kuva from the Sentients being an alarm to those trying to stop them, to the degree that I believe we will see some sort of "grand alliance" form. I see every faction banding together to fight the Sentients. They are powerful, and without everyone raising arms against them, I do not see a successful repelling of invasion. It would be in the best interest of everyone to work together to get rid of the invasion. Furthermore, I see the Kuva being destroyed after the war. It seems to cause too many issues, and I do not think the galaxy wants to put up with that any longer than it has to. The temptations might be there but I can't see it being allowed to exist further. 

At least, this is just my 2 cents on how I see things going from here. I feel like Natah is interested in power, and it's going to take the galaxy to stop her.

3 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

3 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Why not? They have yet to properly explain/flesh out what Kuva is, but it is important to the lore. They still have to tie in our decision making, one of which was around how we treated the Kuva vial from the Queens. The story of Gara telling us that Kuva can heal the Sentient's infertility/Void scarring sounds like an extremely major piece of information that would be absolutely retarded to forget about. And as little confidence as I tend to hold in DE sometimes, I guess I can only try to be optimistic that they'll at least tie one loose end.

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

Well, we know that the Sentient the Sol System has dealt with aren't all the Sentient, just a Vanguard force that was led according to Orokin Elite records by Hunhow, "Sentient Destroyer of Worlds". Those that made the hop through Void Gates were sterilized instead of pure killed as they were designed but we know from Quill Onkko that Kuva can do strange things to both humans and Sentient, most importantly repairing their lost reproduction systems. What is Kuva? We have hints that Kuva is life force, harvested by Siphons or Kuva Refinement Towers like the Unum, and meant to be used by Orokin Elite in their ceremonies and rituals to both body swap, empower themselves, and their long lives. I contend that Kuva is similar to the Blood from Bloodborne, and as Teshin says some Orokin believed it to house or link back to the memories and essence of their past generations, essentially Kuva is people and animals to steal from Soyant Green.

What can Kuva do? We know it seems to allow a deeper connection to Wally, or at least the Void; allowing him to talk to us and through us without being Freed in Chains of Harrow; the Elder Queen is able to fire beams of energy from the Kuva ornament on the tip of the now Broken Scepter (we either drank, dumped out, or gave to Teshin for safe-keeping the Kuva) and can be used to allow Orokin Elite to swap bodies and extend the life of current hosts, while also being able to be used to help make Ordan into Ordis. Through blueprints, we also know that Kuva is used in the production of some warframes and weapons, though to what extent this is required or just what worked for the Orokin Elite at the time, we can't say as yet.

As far as the Ropalolyst and Natah's Mimic Shards, it would be possible that Natah knows everything that Lotus knew, and its quite possible that Natah knows of the Gara Legends. Her Mimic shards were unseen since her conversion into Lotus - however that really happened - while the Ropalolyst is likely Natah's attempt to break off a piece of herself ala the Eidolons and make a new creature of her flesh then used to help produce samples for Alad V's Amalgam projects. We know at least Vomvalyst were studied as well, but he didn't seem to have samples of the main Eidolons so its likely that whatever Amalgams are made of is local to Natah. In a way, while the shards are simple extensions of Natah, at least as per how Hunhow refers to his own; the Ropalolyst might be like a piece of flesh chopped off and then given some autonomy like Frankenstein or just be directed akin to a shard just appearing to be separate.

2 hours ago, Mints said:

2 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Natah refers to the Ropalolyst as "ancient", so it's not something she created just now. Also, it seems to be much bigger than her, which makes me wary about assuming it's a fragment of her. It also doesn't really look like her, although its Bauplan doesn't quite resemble any Sentient we've seen so far. Natah does call it her "other-flesh", but that could just mean that it's a fragment of her mother – which I am inclined to believe is the case. No hard evidence though.

I always assumed that the Railjacks were a special thing, and not the standard way of travelling across the Rail network – thus the Junctions. Or they could be a new development, rather than Orokin technology. The first true technological advancement in millennia. I think it's safe to say none of the factions have Railjacks now.

This is important to remember. Who knows, including Sentients, how kuva really works.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Last time the Sentients tried that, Gara and Warden stopped them, more or less by themselves.

And that was with the Sentient armada trying as hard as they could. Natah deliberately avoids combat with us, and despite her bluster is pants-wettingly terrified of us. The moment we attacked the Ropalolyst, she immediately wrote the flydolon off as a martyr instead of believing it had a fighting chance against us

Hide contents
  • "Ropalolyst, rise, remain, and die, for the others to live."
  • "Rise, ancient Ropalolyst, my other flesh. Your sacrifice will breed a new way, for a new kind."

She has far greater things to worry about -- namely, stopping us from taking FTL rails to the Tau system and permanently slaughtering her entire species

1 hour ago, Mints said:

Judging by the intercepted radio transmissions we receive most conventional forms of spacecraft can't just take a solar rail whenever it likes. A ship has to enter the solar rail, get queued up to be sent to the next rail, and then the ship must also be received by the solar rail on the other side. Judging by the Railjack's name it can probably force its way onto a rail and bypass this process entirely. I'm not sure what the hell junctions are supposed to do but since their construction looks very Tenno in nature I can only assume it's the way they bypass the rail system using orbiters that can't do what Railjacks do.

33 minutes ago, Aphelionmarauder said:

I have a somewhat different take on things.

I see Natah as more of an opportunist due to being corrupted. I believe that she was indeed a child to Hunhow much like Margulus was to her parents. However, to gain access to the Teno and there power, it was necessary for Natah to should we say, "hijack" Margulus and take her place. However, when Natah took over the essence of Margulus, one thing in Margulus remained, her willpower. Natah could not overtake Margulus's ability to love and care for the Teno. But, Ballas had already gotten her in behind enemy lines, it was too late for anything to change. Natah took on a new identity to mask herself, "the Lotus". As the Lotus, she became the new chief "mission giver" of the Teno, becoming there protector. 

However all this time Natah is trying to get the Sentient forces in. This leads to the conclusion of the war, but also I would argue "corrupted the void". This corruption made the Orokin unable to walk amongst the Void. It explains why Ballas had to wait so long to kill Umbra, because he could not return to Lua while it was under cloak. Ballas was the key to defeating the Teno, he was the only one the Sentinents could use. BUT, we messed up that plan. Lotus joins Ballas because she sees him return now that he knows he can stop frames, even Umbra, so Natah has the ability to overpower the part of her that is Margulus now that "the show is back on the road".

The Ropa-dopa-lyst is our favorite Sentient chicken that I believe still roamed the Sol System (explains why it's on this side of the portals). However Natah needed to find out how to make something strong enough to counter the Tenoo now that Mr. "Point at you and kill you" is no longer able to kill or stop Tenno. However, the Chicken fails, and Natah now has the data she needs to make a determination. Tenno will fall if they are overwhelmed in power on the battlefield. If you had to fight the Ropyalist and all 3 Eidilons at the same time, you would be overtaken quickly. Natah now knows this, and is assembling a vast armada. She knows what will kill us, endurance. Have we not had to extract from an endurance mission before? She knows at one point there will be to many enemies to fight, and that is what she is bringing to the table. 

Now, going back to the first part about Natah being corrupted, I have an explanation for that. Kuva. Kuva is nothing more than raw power, found to be liquefied into a red substance and contained in a droplet-like container. Kuva is power, it can heal, change, hurt. It extends the life of the Orokin, allows body swaps, can change power for weapons, heals the sick, and strengthens the weak. We know what power can do, it can move mountains and do good, but it can also corrupt. I would argue that Natah has consumed some of this Kuva. She knows for a fact that Kuva is capable of what is described and much more, but she can't do anything without a sample. She needs to get to a source of it that is a soft target. The tower is an easy target, and reemerging Terry, Harry, and Gary together would be nice for the grand scheme of things. She needs it not to make the Sentients strong, but I would argue to let her corruption finish and to drive any part of Margulus's soul out of her to let her finish hijacking her body.

But Kuva has a weakness already. Willpower. As seen in what we as Operators have experienced, our will can influence a mission or decision. The only objective "good guy" in all of Warframe is basically your operator. Everyone else has issues that make them the (what I hate as a trope) "anti-hero". But our operators try to do the right thing. This is what counters the Kuva. If you drank it or not, destroyed it or not, saved it for a later date or not, your operator is still alive and well. He cares for others, which will be the strength you need to succeed in the missions ahead.

Further to the point, I see this mad dash for Kuva from the Sentients being an alarm to those trying to stop them, to the degree that I believe we will see some sort of "grand alliance" form. I see every faction banding together to fight the Sentients. They are powerful, and without everyone raising arms against them, I do not see a successful repelling of invasion. It would be in the best interest of everyone to work together to get rid of the invasion. Furthermore, I see the Kuva being destroyed after the war. It seems to cause too many issues, and I do not think the galaxy wants to put up with that any longer than it has to. The temptations might be there but I can't see it being allowed to exist further. 

At least, this is just my 2 cents on how I see things going from here. I feel like Natah is interested in power, and it's going to take the galaxy to stop her.

In short DE has a lot of freaking loose ends to tie up and reveal in the best way possible and at least try to get everyone into the lore without having to look it up in the wiki or scan things and etc.

3 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

She does say that yes, and also that it is of her flesh. It strongly resembles the Flying Eidolon concept with a few connecting links between Natah with the energy it gives off and the amalgams. If we are going by age as in years existed, we predate the Sentient as a creation, being a failed part of the Crewman project to colonize Tau Ceti before the Sentient were made to do it. As far as we know, neither Hunhow or Natah have mentioned the infiltrator child to have had siblings.

Wow... I saw this thread this morning and still.. not a single post about some tenno wanting to stick it in their sentinel.

But to be back on topic, it would make me wonder if it would be possible then to "breed" your own sentinels after this event.  Could be interesting.   But me, personally... I've been more pondering with this coming war, what is going to happen with Stalker and his acolytes. You'd think they'd be in near the same boat we are in after all.  At least from my pathetic memory.  But this would be for a different thread.

3 hours ago, Mints said:

Judging by the Railjack's name it can probably force its way onto a rail and bypass this process entirely.

In the original concept for the Railjack (discussed during the TennoCon 2017 Art Panel), the Railjack creates its own Solar Rail. However, this point has not been brought up in any of the discussions after its official reveal at TennoCon 2018.

3 hours ago, Mints said:

I'm not sure what the hell junctions are supposed to do but since their construction looks very Tenno in nature I can only assume it's the way they bypass the rail system using orbiters that can't do what Railjacks do.

My take on it is that the Junctions represent a subset of the Rail network that is only available to Tenno. The Grineer and Corpus use Rail Junctions that were not protected by Spectres or were easier to find.

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

And that was with the Sentient armada trying as hard as they could.

That was one single Sentient, and it took a long battle and the sacrifice of a mighty Tenno warrior to defeat it. And it's not even fully dead. Parts of it are wandering around. Soon there will be countless Sentients, and there are not enough Tenno to fight them all off.

Natah deliberately avoids combat with us, and despite her bluster is pants-wettingly terrified of us.

Source?

The moment we attacked the Ropalolyst, she immediately wrote the flydolon off as a martyr instead of believing it had a fighting chance against us

It seems like the Ropalolyst's main objective was to be sacrificed in order to probe Tenno powers fully and how they stood up against Natah's new denial abilities. The Disruption node on Ganymede appeared to serve a similar function.

2 hours ago, Aphelionmarauder said:

it was necessary for Natah to should we say, "hijack" Margulus and take her place. However, when Natah took over the essence of Margulus, one thing in Margulus remained, her willpower. Natah could not overtake Margulus's ability to love and care for the Teno.

Margulis was killed in the Jade Light. There's no evidence that any part of her survived the process.

I would argue "corrupted the void". This corruption made the Orokin unable to walk amongst the Void. It explains why Ballas had to wait so long to kill Umbra, because he could not return to Lua while it was under cloak.

What is this corruption of the Void? We have absolutely no indication of this. In fact, during the Collapse, many Orokin ships and Towers entered into the Void to escape the chaos. The reason Ballas couldn't return to Lua is because he couldn't find it. Void navigation is tricky, and there was a Tower specifically dedicated to masking Lua's location within the Void. Plus, I don't think Ballas cares. He likely wouldn't have bothered to kill Umbra if Umbra hadn't broken out of his containment.

Tenno will fall if they are overwhelmed in power on the battlefield.

This applies to literally every military engagement.

The tower is an easy target

I would argue that Cetus is one of the best-defended strongholds in the System, having defeated a colossal Sentient as well as withstanding a protracted siege from the Grineer.

Furthermore, I see the Kuva being destroyed after the war. It seems to cause too many issues, and I do not think the galaxy wants to put up with that any longer than it has to. The temptations might be there but I can't see it being allowed to exist further.

I think if the Unum wanted her kuva destroyed she'd have done so. It's probably an essential part of her. So I don't see her allowing anyone to destroy her kuva, and as stated before, she's one of the more formidable entities in the System.

I don't know about Cetus being among the best defended without access to us - which they do have - but the field that the Unum gives off is mentioned as pretty tough, and while the Grineer apparently keep trying to make devices to break it or weaken it, Quill Onkko has Konzu have us go out and break the people and devices intended to do so. A focused Sentient attack force could probably do some damage and by the New War Trailers it seems like that is part of the intent; but it will remain to be seen if we and the people of Cetus and their Unum (Kuva Refinement Temple Tower) are outclassed so utterly.

29 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I don't know about Cetus being among the best defended without access to us - which they do have - but the field that the Unum gives off is mentioned as pretty tough, and while the Grineer apparently keep trying to make devices to break it or weaken it, Quill Onkko has Konzu have us go out and break the people and devices intended to do so. A focused Sentient attack force could probably do some damage and by the New War Trailers it seems like that is part of the intent; but it will remain to be seen if we and the people of Cetus and their Unum (Kuva Refinement Temple Tower) are outclassed so utterly.

The Unum and the Quills are powerful in that they can see what will happen in the future and take precautions to prepare for it before it does happen.

Most likely we would see a warning about the Sentient invasion in the future or at least hints of it from the Quills. Which may be revealed in our final Orb Mother boss fight with the last Orb Mother in the lake.

5 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

In short DE has a lot of freaking loose ends to tie up and reveal in the best way possible and at least try to get everyone into the lore without having to look it up in the wiki or scan things and etc.

Unnecessarily @ us all again and Ill punch you in the bladder >:U I swear on me mum

But yeah. A ton of a freaking loose ends. Still plenty of opportunity to expand, flesh out, and close many of them, but the big one coming up with the New War will be around Kuva and the Sentient mission here in the Origin system. Here's hoping with fingers crossed.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

Natah invades the Origin system.

Sentients land on the plains and head to Cetus.

At the gates,  you can see a man shape, a round shadowy form. Sentients look in their database for a match. They find nothing.

They aproach the gate and the mysterious man.

Now they see it. It's a warframe. They atack like lightning to overwhelm their fow.

The shadowy figure gives a sinister, broken smile and...everything dissapears.

1 sentient managed to escape the unknown force to report to Natah.

It looks back at the gate and sees the warframe playing an unknown instrument. It transmits all the data gathered and vanishes under the cold night sky.

At the gate, another warframe appears. It is a Chroma warframe. He aproaches the mysterious frame and says:

"Dude....wtf....you already killed everyone?"

The mysterious frame stands and smiles and whispers: "Yes, and i am still hungry"

A second mouth, a grotesque mouth opens and undigested pieces of sentient armor are thrown about.