Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

I've only played Arbitrations a few times, so I won't comment too much on the changes, but I just want to say I really like the direction with the new Aura mods and Arcanes. The mods seem to encourage unconventional builds while the Arcanes are meant to encourage weapon switching which lines up with the whole DmC / Bayonetta gameplay devs have discussed before. 

21 hours ago, Rhiramas said:

FFS... I'm one of the many who only play excavation due to the rewards-per-time spent. And honestly, I even think that made isn't rewarding enough (for vitus essence) for the time investment. Anyways, I was pretty excited by the changes I was reading here because even if the other game modes were on part with excavation, I would at least be more willing to run them. But then they in creased the price in the store!??!? Why??? A 20-30% increased rate of vitus earnings is no were near enough. 50% more than what we get on current excavation would be just enough to make me want to run them. Call me a spoiled veteran or whatever, but I'm struggling to find reasons to play the game at all (rewards wise).

All that said, I love DE and this game. Just expressing my feelings on the change. 

+1

I think the changes are Amazing........

But I request they do something about the drones......... They sometimes just blend in with the background. Making it harder to spot them. And without destroying them the enemies don't take any damage. 

Please make the drones more vibrant or mark them so that they can be spotted easily.

Or maybe it's just me........

I like how all this is going,but we need to have from all syndicate helmets rewards for operator,then we can have new armor set and masks for warframes like some victory trophy mask like what we got mustache and bunny ears we can have masks for warframes with some cool effects.

23 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:
  • Verticality: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 
  • Wicked Strikes: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter 
  • Loyal Herd: + Companion HP / + Companion Armor 
  • Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies
  • Bladed Restraint: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies 

Aside from Blodletter and maybe Loyal Herd these mods don't sound interesting.

Verticality looks like it might be very situational, but I don't think it would be worth to use as compared to other aura mods currently in the game.

Wicked Strikes – I think you should fix charge attacks first to make this mod worthwhile. With the current pre-swing I can't imagine this mod being useful.

Finally, Bladed Restraint. The current weapon system with instant switching doesn't promote melee-focused gameplay, but rather switching between melee and ranged, so building for a combo counter (and not even myself, but others) isn't as important as it used to be. To be honest, I was hoping you would kill the counter with melee 3.0 completely rather than introduce a mod for it. At least extend the combo duration or make Naramon Power Spike a baseline ability, then this mod maybe will have some use.

You will eventually have to rebalance all the aura mods to make more of them worth using.

I also think these mods should be available for purchase for vitus essence. Realistically, we need just one copy, it will just dilute the loot tables and there aren't that many things for purchase in the vendor.

Can we have a poll to the community so we can actually down vote ideas like this. and offer suggestions that you can work with. when we say we want "better rewards" I don't think you understand what we mean. Isn't this game mode supposed to be harder for veteran or end game players? if so stop catering to NEW players for this game mode.

1) get rid of the revives (end game/vets don't need or want)

2) add rewards that cater to end game players and vets (endo, ayatan, useless mods etc) are not the rewards we are looking for.

3) add something to it that makes us "WANT" to come back and play this over and over again.

Doesn't sound too hard, that's what the majority of the community wants.

Some interesting changes overall, tho it seems that Ayatan Stars economy its sort of a problem for me an my friends, I disagree with the removal of the Cyan Star as part of rotation rewards, tho I'd suggest a change on it, to be replaced with the Seeding Step Ephemera, and split the chance to either 5x Cyan Stars or 5x Amber Stars, while adding the Seeding Step Ephemera to the Vitus Shop, as I'd rather Spent mad amounts of Vitus to get the Ephemera Once rather than be sitting with tons of Blueprints as Im currently being

Some of the Arcanes look pretty interesting, but the Companion Arcane its just a no go, with the existence of Pack Leader, which doesn't even need to be leveled up to be completely useful, even if it works on sentinels, I'd rather not use an arcane that will make go to melee range to a Bombard or a Infested Volatile Runner to get the sentinel Killed with the collateral damage even before being able to proc its effect, It'll be more useful if it procs with any type of kill, or make it percentage based just like Pack Leader, all of this implying that the arcane will be working on sentinels on the first place, as if It is planed to only work on beast and Moas, its just a straight worse unranked pack leader that is fighting for a slot against any other arcane, which includes Energize and Grace, even the new melee damage arcane included here aswell, as it will just make pack leader's lifesteal better with the increased damage

Cant say much about the Aura Mods, they don't even gather my attention enough to make an opinion about them, and Kuva is a nice addition to Vitus Shop, probably instead of Auras we can get some Companion/Sentinel based mods with the Nightmare/Corrupted Style, as, specially Sentinels, barely have mods to change their builds as much, Since Sentinels cant use Link mods I'd got for a Corrupted Enhanced Vitality that will provide more HP than the regular version as the expense of Shields or Damage Dealt, same for the rest of Stats, or Brand new Arbitration Augments, tho I don't have much in mind about what can be done there

17 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

There are some good but limited things here.  Will loyal herd effect sentinels and moas too? Will bloodletter trigger rage effects when it subtracts hp? Or will it function where you letting your team kill everything will heal you where as you killing will be a detriment to your game play? In the event of quickthinking will it take away your last remaining 2 hp? Can you self kill with this mod on in general? Dose +combocounter mean an increase in the multiplier or to the rate at witch we gain hits?

19 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!

• On Rifle Kill: Melee damage increased by x for y seconds
  • On Melee Kill: Rifle damage increased by x for y seconds
  • On Pistol Headshot: x% ammo efficiency for y seconds
  • On Six Melee Kills: Heal companion by x
  • On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain x armor for y seconds

2 of these are kinda interesting but the rest are rather bland. There are alot of ways to heal pets and a few for sentinels so it's hard to compete. The others would have to be another multiplier to damage or they will be not as useful as the other current arcanes.

As others have said, I like the idea of arbitrations being more rewarding, but diluting the drop table is the wrong way to do it.

Add the new mods, arcanes, etc., to the store, and put in more vitus drops from the reward tables. There's no point in getting 50 of the same mod, which is what's going to happen if you make it a reward from the drop table.

23 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies

I like most of these changes but this mod still confuses me. If you lose HP per kill then you want to be able to get more HP so you don’t kill yourself, right? And most sources of HP regen like abilities and heath orbs already benefit your team mates, so what’s this mod for?

Is this a joke?... I'm sorry, but I'll be blunt: NONE of this makes me wanna play Arbitration again.

You made rewards shorter BUT you also increased the rotations!? Meaning, I STILL have to be in there 30 minutes to get a C!!! This is NO diferent than any other 'endless' mission. PLUS, we get more rewards now, but you also DOUBLED the amount of Vitus necessary!?... This just makes everything stay the same! Where is the "change" in this? Where is "endgame"?

Now, the rewards: The Aura mods are double edge swords with buffs and debuffs, not exactly OP (unlike Adaptation) and Arcanes are nothing better than Platinum ones.

To be honest, I already got everything from Arbiters Honors and was only farming Vitus for Arch-Rivens. Once I got a Grattler one (my fav) I just stopped. Because more Rivens just means more Plat spent on slots... The ONLY thing interesting in Arbitrations (for me) is Aura Forma, but the drop is so small, I rather farm regular Forma with my zillion stock of Relics, than do this mode.

I would be happy with JUST shorter Rotations and Vitus drop from drones, but these changes just seem to say: "We don't want you to have fun with a challenging mode, we want you to grind the hell out of this for all this 'stuff' just like you do for everything else in this game." 

[You didn't introduce Bosses. You didn't remove Drones. You didn't introduce challenging phases (possibly similar to Nightmare modes)... You just made EVERYTHING like EVERYTHING ELSE in Warframe.]

On 2019-09-12 at 8:38 PM, HyokaChan said:

Hell no pls spare us

The loot table is already diluted enough as it is with an ephemera that is useless after getting it the first time 

Now it is mods that you will never bother with using. 

they would probably be in sale for vitus essence, hopefuly it would be a case of: don't want them ? don't buy them.

Please only include the new items in the Arbiters shop.  Also please review the enemy spawn rate in solo survival.  The spawn rate is still too low, making solo survival a real chore.  The ratio of Ancients to regular units may also require a tweak.  Do we really need 20 Ancients at once yanking us all over the place, while no "regular" units are around?

I have to say the new cards youre offering are rather horrid. Furthermore they dilute and may well result in LESS endo. I appreciate you guys trying to give end game players something to do, but who ever keeps coming up with rewards from these mod cards that will drop as dead content to a cyan star bundle?!(Yes I realize its been removed but who the heck thought that was even a good joke?). Im not sure what to tell you besides more cosmetics, special armors, skins, weapon parts (vandal wraith etc) give us rewards suitable to end game. Your position hiring posts on the Gov Can website (Yes I'm a local) state you should be up to date on other games and what they offer to be competitive, clearly someones out of date and needs to reach out and touch some other products, feel and interact with their endgame and its rewards. Heck WoW has been recycling their rewards system for decades BUT it worked. Ive put 485 Hrs into this game, in sadly only 65 days (sweaty asf I know) but I've got a pretty fresh view/perspective on whats its like to join, learn, progress and reach endgame. MR 17, 25+ tridos, 16hr arbitrations, 2 hr kuva survivals, max nightwave, max reps (Cetus,Fort,Quills,Almost SU), solo ESO with a Saryn feeling like god, somehow in this amount of time it feels as though ive touched it all. Hell I'd even swing by while im in town and throw ideas at you for free as Im sure many others in this community would seeing as we all want to see it succeed. Ive got an even more vested interest as youre not only Canadian but Local. 

Nerdrage over ❤️

This looks like an amazing update for Arbitration, shorter rotations, more vitus essence, kuva for vitus and so much more. I. Love. All of them.

BUT!!!!!!!!

Do not expand the drop table with auras and arcanes please. This game has so much RNG in it already that it's insane. Put them in the ArbiShop.... Gives us some linear progression so we don't get useless mods instead of potentially precious endo/rare mods/sculptures (to do challenges) not to mention the already brutal rare aura forma. Same goes for the ephemera in my opinion. Give it a huge Vitus price in the ArbiShop, I don't mind but after you get it once.... it's just bad to get a super rare stuff that has 0% use.... you can't even trade the damn thing.

And please don't increase prices either. As I said, put those stuff into the ArbiShop! Make us want to spend that Essence. 🙂

Am 12.9.2019 um 20:30 schrieb [DE]Connor:
  • Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
  • You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!

My Wisp will be unstoppable!!! Too bad, we only have 2 Arcane Slots.

And with Bladed Restraint? Valkyr gets a new pair of shoes.

On 2019-09-12 at 12:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

With more frequent reward cycles we’ve decided to include a few new goodies, adding variety to all the Endo and sculptures you’ll be earning:

• Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
  • You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!
  • Drop tables will also include the occasional bundle of 5x Cyan Stars or 3x Vitus Essence.
  • Kuva has been added to the Arbiter Offerings, for purchase with Vitus Essence.

Even with the addition of Kuva to the shop, we don't have much in the way of a sink for Vitus Essence. Instead of diluting the drop tables with two sets of five mods / arcanes, can we instead see one or even both of these sets put in the shop? With the greater gains of Vitus coming in overall as a round reward and an enemy drop, it'd be nice to have a Vitus sink or just more things to buy. Most of the shop is cosmetics or things we only need to buy or build once (save Rivens). We already have multiple ways to farm Kuva, to have it added to the shop feels kind of "meh" as an addition.

Extremely happy to see the reward rotations get upped to what they should have been at the start, thank you!

The one thing that does not appeal to me as a mod reward (UNLESS you have a threshold mechanic to meet ala 99% vs 100% base status on shotguns) is flat stat rewards.

Warframes and weapons are full of flat stats, but mods are both flat stats and new mechanics. Like condition overload, augments etc. Not saying these wont help in specific scenarios... but they don't add too much.

The 2 I care about somewhat is:

"Verticality: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 

Wicked Strikes: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter "

Those I like as rewards. Not even saying endgame rewards or not, just rewards in general. I am almost MR 19 Btw and have played for 4 years

Edit: Didn't notice the "-" on blood letter, than can be a boost to things like oberon, and nezha and synergize with nekros. Thats another good one.

Archived