Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, Pongpaks1 said:

rip my only fun endo farm

Actually endo is the only thing we should still get in good quantities, it's reduced TO 75% meaning a 25% drop, but since we get double rewards per time spent (normal rotations now) we get 50% more endo, of course this depends heavily on how much the new garbage Aura mods and Arcanes dilute the drop pool...

On 2019-09-13 at 4:30 AM, [DE]Connor said:
  • On Rifle Kill: Melee damage increased by x for y seconds
  • On Melee Kill: Rifle damage increased by x for y seconds
  • On Pistol Headshot: x% ammo efficiency for y seconds
  • On Six Melee Kills: Heal companion by x
  • On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain x armor for y seconds

I'd personally enjoy endo more than have these useless Arcanes that won't replace Arcane Energize/Grace/Guardian

These will just dilute the drop table

• Verticality: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 
  • Wicked Strikes: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter 
  • Loyal Herd: + Companion HP / + Companion Armor 
  • Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies
  • Bladed Restraint: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies 

nones of these will replace corrosive projection so why bother? Its like you want to say you're increasing endo drop rate, but in actual fact you're diluting the drop table even more by adding these bad rewards into it

On 2019-09-12 at 3:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Wicked Strikes: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter 

Change Charge Attack to Combo duration an we may have a very interesting an cool mod. Other wise is the, "ehh lets try this with my Redeemer for fun ones" mods.

I’m glad to see new auras and arcanes. But based on the description they seem pretty meh, unless they have the numbers to compete with other aura’s and arcanes, they likely won’t see much use. But still, I’m glad to see new aura’s and arcanes, and I hope to see more of them added in the future.

My thougths is:

Time changes - good;

Sessence price changes - fair enough;

New arcanes - MEH!!!

New aura mods - 

• Verticality: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne - usefull only on Zephyr and Titania
  • Wicked Strikes: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter - MEH!!!
  • Loyal Herd: + Companion HP / + Companion Armor  - make it non aura companion mod
  • Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies - no one ever will use it
  • Bladed Restraint: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies - no one ever will use it.

My suggestions:

1) Make rotations drop only Endo, Ayatan, Essence, Current mods. Put New stuff into offering store;

2)Make Drones hane a chance to drop stars(~5%Amber, ~10%Cyan);

3)Cut crafting time of Amber stars to at least 5 minutes, or allow to craft one item multimle times at ones.

On 2019-09-12 at 2:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)

• You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!

Verticality, I could totally see using on Hildryn or Wisp.
Loyal Herd. Frees up one or two slots on my Companions, so I'm okay with that.

Not so sure on the other ones though, but I could see them for some builds.

here is why i think this is a terrible idea 

Possitive: lower time spent for rewards

Negatives: everething ELSE

-diluted drop tables 

-less endo (wich is amplified by the diluted drop tables since people mostly do arbi's for the rare mods\statues\and endo)

-we get a new pool of worthless mods

Questionable

-DE:you can now buy kuva Everyone:YAY TY DE! Me:oh no another generous offer like 100-300 kuva for a round of disruption DE you shouldn't have.

no seriusly you shouldn't have, just give Kuva fortress Scaling in terms of reward\difficulty or just make it a drop. Keep the Kuva fortress an actuall good way to farm kuva. And arbi's a good way to farm ayatan and Endo. Onslaught Xp\focus

Bad1: loot table dilution, resulting in pretty much no buff to endo gain. Except for excavations that seeming are getting a nerf (cause -25% and diluted drops, a little time reduction does not seem to make up for it). Why?

Bad2: terrible arcanes. I understand everything cant be gold, but can we get at least one that is not totally terrible?

I think you forget excavation overall is still just a bad as other mode except if it is vs infested. So why no buffs for non infestation excavations? Some hp on excavators is mandatory cause any nullifier results in a destroyed excavator.

vor einer Stunde schrieb alenkiss:

Bad1: loot table dilution, resulting in pretty much no buff to endo gain. Except for excavations that seeming are getting a nerf (cause -25% and diluted drops, a little time reduction does not seem to make up for it). Why?

Bad2: terrible arcanes. I understand everything cant be gold, but can we get at least one that is not totally terrible?

I think you forget excavation overall is still just a bad as other mode except if it is vs infested. So why no buffs for non infestation excavations? Some hp on excavators is mandatory cause any nullifier results in a destroyed excavator.

excavation without vazarin protective dash you do , then a destroyed excavator you deserve

В 12.09.2019 в 21:30, [DE]Connor сказал:

EDIT: We hear you loud and clear Tenno - Cyan Star bundle has been removed.

You probably don't. If those were amber stars, I bet a lot of people would be fine with that. Cyan on the other hand... meh. I usually don't even bother with stars and I have like 500 of those, but only about 70 of amber. And don't even start on that crafting BP. Put good stars in please.

Arbiter Drones will now have a small chance to drop Vitus Essence on kill.

That's the great change overall apart from the fact that essence shop is currently not that useful. With kuva being added there, things become better, but here goes another part...

• Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
  • Drop tables will also include the occasional bundle of 5x Cyan Stars or 3x Vitus Essence.

Why exactly are those in rotations again? How those auras are better sitting in rotation instead of the shop like Power Donation? Same with arcanes, most of those being weird to begin with or plain useless in case of companion healing one. They would fit the shop just nicely. Then essence drops from rotations the only thing that makes sense here.

Not to mention ephemera. I grinded so long for it, but the moment I got it, those BPs just started to drop like crazy and I can't even sell those (though everyone seems to have then anyways), get 'em out of rotation and put to shop for the love of the void!

En 12/9/2019 a las 15:30, [DE]Connor dijo:

You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!

I think this should be added to the hexis offerings because the drop tables will be drastically diluted if you add this on the rotations. The arbitrations rare mods are amazing and they've had been a very interesting addition. I'd like to see more of those as offerings, rewards or enemy drops (you could add another arbitration only enemy that gives buffs to enemies or has some unique skill for this). The other changes are looking good

On 2019-09-12 at 8:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

It’s been awhile since we updated you on the state of Arbitrations back in April. Listening to feedback from those changes, one recurring theme was that the mode doesn’t feel rewarding enough (unless you’re playing a certain mission type, that is...) - so we dug into the numbers to see why that may be, and what could be done to improve the game mode overall.

Each of the seven available mission types in Arbitrations has its own difficulty modifier. These were meant to add extra challenge, while leveling the playing field in terms of rewards. However, statistics show that we missed the mark: one mission type, Excavation, was a clear outlier in terms of reward output for time spent. 

We wanted to make all mission types feel somewhat equal in terms of rewards - this means bringing other mission types up to the standard set by Excavation, so you can play when you want, without feeling like it’s an inefficient use of time. We also wanted to address the feedback that the current extended reward rotations dragged missions out. 

Therefore, we are currently moving ahead with the following:

• All missions will return to regular rotation length EXCEPT for Excavation. Timers on excavators will be reduced to compensate, so all modes should be receiving rewards at a similar rate.
    • (Note: Disruption was already using single rotations because of an oversight, and will continue to do so with tweaks to reward structure as detailed below)
  • The rotation cadence will be changed from “ABCCCCC...” to “AABBCCCCC...” So that the same level of time investment is encouraged.
  • Endo rewards will be reduced to roughly 75% of what they once were (since you’ll be receiving rewards twice as often). Rare non-endo reward drop rates are unchanged - you’ll just get twice as many chances!
  • Arbiter Drones will now have a small chance to drop Vitus Essence on kill.

With some fine-tuning, we’re confident this will bring other game modes up to the level of reward that players might expect from their Excavation runs. Getting Essence directly from drones also gives an incentive to take them down, making gameplay itself feel more frequently rewarding. Speaking of rewards...

With more frequent reward cycles we’ve decided to include a few new goodies, adding variety to all the Endo and sculptures you’ll be earning:

• Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
  • Drop tables will also include the occasional bundle of 5x Cyan Stars or 3x Vitus Essence.
  • Kuva has been added to the Arbiter Offerings, for purchase with Vitus Essence.

These rotation changes also mean that Vitus Essence output from Arbitrations will be more than double what it is now (twice as many wave rewards, plus Vitus from drones and other sources). The Vitus prices in our store were based on the current rate of acquisition, so I’m here to offer fair warning for our plans:

• When these Arbitration reward changes go live, the price of goods in the Arbiters’ reward manifest will increase by about 50%
  • When the update is released, we will also run a script to increase players’ existing Vitus stockpiles by an equivalent amount. If you had 2 Vitus before the update, you’ll have 3 after! 

We’re doing this so players who miss this announcement do not have their existing collections devalued as the store prices change. Since Vitus mission output is increasing by more than Vitus prices are, rewards from the store should be 20-30% faster to earn overall.

As always, these plans are subject to change both before and after release, based on player feedback and usage statistics.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: We hear you loud and clear Tenno - Cyan Star bundle has been removed.

there are several modes that are almost guaranteed time limited to a certain extent which I think should be the mission type that anyone would go in for consistent reward efficiency

i.e. Survival, this is a guaranteed every 10 minute reward, regardless of how efficient you play, as long as you do not fail, you will have exactly 6 rotation rewards after one hour
whereas Excavation with a good party you will have around 20 rotation rewards after one hour, but with a really bad party (and if you aren't that good yourself), you might end up with just one or two rewards in the hour(if you do not fail every Excavator that is)

perhaps this is an excellent opportunity to reward players for playing less popular mission types, for me, usually I don't care what the mission type is, as long as it's the most efficient and there will ALWAYS be a more efficient mode than another (even if its in the details, if it's a tie, I go for the easiest cheese)

if choice is what you guys are aiming at, then I would suggest adding the option to choose against which faction you want to play, because to be honest, I avoid nullifiers like the plague, meaning whatever chance I have to not play vs corpus or corrupted I will take (I still disagree on this imo horrible game design element, even after all these years)

in that regard to not go too far off topic, I will just say this, I dislike disruptors, but they are manageable, the grineer "nullifiers" are ok, the drones are a good concept, but the nullifiers are horrible because of their ability removal effect (this also counts for buffs, and for removing buffs, the map reset buff removals are a pain, especially when fighting the Profit Taker spawn near the water, when you get pushed into the water and lose all your buffs... we should have been able to swim by now, not still get reset and your buffs removed like back in 2013)

if you want to give players freedom of the game mode but not of the faction to fight, then I would think that is kind of a weird decision, why force one thing but give freedom to the other?

the gap between a good Excavation and every other game mode is rather big I have to agree, but I think a better solution would be to think of a way to let excellent parties benefit more from good play, planning and tactic in every other game mode for arbitration

i.e. for Survival add an accelerator hack panel which doubles oxygen reduction speed, but it will also give you a rotation faster.
for Defense you could start thinking about more and faster spawns in less time or a second pod to protect or submission or etc etc etc... (many options here)

right now i.e. for Defense you can speed it up to a certain extent by using nukers and speed novas but you will never be able to hit the same reward speed as excavation

right now for Excavation a fast party can get triple to quadruple the speed of a "normal" party

this should be around the same for the other modes

also remember, there will always be a preferred mode, so don't go all in on trying to balance it too much, perfect balance is impossible

Yeah, nothing here is addressing the underlying problems with the game mode... I can't believe you're not only diluting the reward pool even more, but you are essentially accomplishing nothing by increasing the vitus essence gain when you in turn increase the prices.

7 hours ago, Dzarael said:

Bladed Restraint: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies - no one ever will use it.

I have seen many discord talk about this mod in combination with ash's augment and excalibur's augment. Your team will reach a 5x combo multi in under 5 minutes for certain with this.

What i get from the post so far is

+ We are going to make the time consumption in all mode EXCEPT excavation feel valuable by having often rotation or at least same with the regular one (well, that's just a regular arbitration then, i don't know about the level increment each rotation though)

but there so many minus that i think is 1, well arbit just a regular node with regular enemy level with 75% nerf on endo gain and buff 50% on pricing table which is double nerf. I don't know and i don't feel like doing arbit though, but for me this is kinda need to be discussed further and need to be able to have "endgame" feels like. Having 75% nerfed endo means that maybe the initial level also nerfed 75% (i don't know) so that is kinda sucks, i need more detail like what the loot table will be to make sure (not the possible loot but the actual amount that we get for arbit)

Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies

HEAVY GARUDA BREATHING.

Thank you everyone for continuing to look at Arbitrations after the first round of changes, especially with Empyrean in the works. I appreciate that many of the suggestions mentioned in the feedback threads back in the day were considered and many were implemented in this round of changes. Can't wait to test these out and get back into Survivals. Still don't agree with the removal of the single-death mechanic, but most of these are good changes in my book.

These changes are amazing, however the 25% ending reduction and 50% shop price hike is unnecessary, all we wanted was the rotation times cut back to normal with maybe a slightly higher enemy lvl progression. I’d also like to say that having the Arbitration drones be immune to abilities is understandable, but it’d be nice to be able to damage them with exalted weapons with at least maybe a damage reduction. Just an opinion.

i am not really sure what this new fad of sacrificing the players ability for the teammate is coming from, and i am not sure if it is going to be well conceived. as i am not willing to sacrifice anything for a bunch of random people on the internet. i am a friendly person (unless provoked) that will tell anyone what i know but i don't want to be a crutch for anyone to use for how they like. 

Archived