[DE]Connor

Arbitrations Revisited Part 2

These changes are amazing, however the 25% ending reduction and 50% shop price hike is unnecessary, all we wanted was the rotation times cut back to normal with maybe a slightly higher enemy lvl progression. I’d also like to say that having the Arbitration drones be immune to abilities is understandable, but it’d be nice to be able to damage them with exalted weapons with at least maybe a damage reduction. Just an opinion.

i am not really sure what this new fad of sacrificing the players ability for the teammate is coming from, and i am not sure if it is going to be well conceived. as i am not willing to sacrifice anything for a bunch of random people on the internet. i am a friendly person (unless provoked) that will tell anyone what i know but i don't want to be a crutch for anyone to use for how they like. 

Edited by maddragonmaster
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Regarding the rewards, I am unsure how the 75% reduction in endo is better. First, are statues drop rate staying the same? If that is the case, I understand the drop in endo. But this creates a much bigger issue. If you play arbitrations periodically, you will go way more statues than stars. This will make things much worse. Another issue (and not arbitrations exclusive) is uneven rewards. A fully loaded statue is about 1,500 endo, versus 75% of 1,300 endo.. which is less than what drops in regular rotations from tier 3 missions. I much rather increase the endo drop chance, reduce the statues, and only cut the endo by 50%.

Since we are making changes anyway I have other suggestions, to make arbitrations much better.

Rewards:

Instead of having missions provide 50K credits for sucess, I would change to 25K per rotation (an possibly increase in B and C). This way, spending more time is more credit rewarding. And the game seriously needs other good sources of credit beside the Index.

Sell Cyan Ayatan stars in the arbitrations vendor for 3 vital essence. This would seriously help with the bottle necking of statues and provide a use for the vital essence, in case you are not in need of Kuva.

Add more cosmetic items to the arbitrations vendor.

I will echo other poster sentiments, putting arcanes in the arbitrations shop would be much better than dropping from rotations. You can do both, this way you can either be lucky or farm them.

Add more arcanes in the future.

Mission structure:

Drones spawn rates is extremely inconsistent. I can get one every 15 secs or go for minutes without seeing one. They should show up on consistent intervals (probably 30 secs).

Survival, mob spawns, is somewhat inconsistent. It is not an issue in regular survival, but in arbitrations a re-occurring stretch of mobs not spawning quick enough is determintal for continuity.

Interception, as it currently stands, nearly unplayable solo. Can the double gains for AI be removed from solo play?

Accessibility:

Instead of 1 mission every hour, can we have 6 different missions every 6 hours? I am not on the game 24/7, and when I log on I want to play what I find fun, not what is available. I have not been playing arbitrations much, cuz I rarely find the missions that I want to play (and have not been needing endo recently).

Can we reduce the number of infested missions? They are way over represented (someone did the math, and they are about 40%). Off the cuff math, on the star chart, grineer and corpus are about 35%. Corrupted around 10%. Infested about 20%. Should be the same for arbitrations missions.

Arcanes:

Can they be not on kill? This excludes them from much content, rendering them nearly useless. Can they be on critic or hit instead?

Edited by (PS4)thegarada
  • Upvote 1

Le 12/09/2019 à 20:30, [DE]Connor a dit :

this means bringing other mission types up to the standard set by Excavation

I think this is an import point, but this is also an issue outside of arbitrations => You can farm one C rotation in Arbitration in ~~ 5 minutes in solo limbo on Hierachon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

i am not really sure what this new fad of sacrificing the players ability for the teammate is coming from, and i am not sure if it is going to be well conceived. as i am not willing to sacrifice anything for a bunch of random people on the internet. i am a friendly person (unless provoked) that will tell anyone what i know but i don't want to be a crutch for anyone to use for how they like. 

Then play solo.

Love all these changes, kuva in the shop, shorter rotations, vitus etc... Only thing that is completely wrong is adding all those mods and arcanes to the drop table, they are terrible and asides being terrible they will dillute the drop table. Please put the mods arcanes ephemera and all that in the vitus shop so arbs can still be a reliable endo farming place.

And pls take a look at the revive system, either remove reviving or make it so players have to mannually pick up the revive tokens, been finding a lot of peopel just leeching and hurting the rest of theyr team with the burdens.

Edited by KorteX5K
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-09-12 at 8:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

EDIT: We hear you loud and clear Tenno - Cyan Star bundle has been removed.

HA `we hear you loud and clear`

These other changes change almost nothing and rewards are still bad as all hell, and they say they hear us loud and clear...

I cant even react normally anymore, sorry.

• Upvote 5

after reading this again I am expecting this to be a nerf to Excavation Arbitration meaning we will well less total effective Vitus Essence coming from Excavation Arbitration

effectively meaning that in the future we will not be able to effectively gather these rewards as we can now

I am going to do a lot of Exca Arbi before that happens I guess

When the update is released, we will also run a script to increase players’ existing Vitus stockpiles by an equivalent amount. If you had 2 Vitus before the update, you’ll have 3 after! 

But this is really fair to be honest, and i really appreciate it with all this hit going down.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alpheiser said:

I’d also like to say that having the Arbitration drones be immune to abilities is understandable, but it’d be nice to be able to damage them with exalted weapons with at least maybe a damage reduction. Just an opinion.

agreed, since ability nullification is a direct response to P42W, any exalted weapon or any non-Radial/Blast AOE damaging ability should be able to damage it

• Upvote 2

On 2019-09-12 at 1:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

With more frequent reward cycles we’ve decided to include a few new goodies, adding variety to all the Endo and sculptures you’ll be earning:

• Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
    • Verticality: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 
    • Wicked Strikes: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter 
    • Loyal Herd: + Companion HP / + Companion Armor 
    • Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies
    • Bladed Restraint: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies 
  • You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!
    • On Rifle Kill: Melee damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Melee Kill: Rifle damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Pistol Headshot: x% ammo efficiency for y seconds
    • On Six Melee Kills: Heal companion by x
    • On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain x armor for y seconds

put these in the arbitration store instead. and then add more rewards. add exodias, all some of the other arcane in the game already, because that would be a good alt farm for them. maybe the silver grove mods? just more rewards and not IN THE DROP TABLE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DILUTE TABLE.

• Upvote 4

I hope you change those mods/arcane sor then remove it, it's pure garbage, before making things try to find out what players like best and then create something that is on the same level or even better.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Those changes sucks.. Sorry.. Its the true.. Diluting the drop table with stupid mods and arcanes.. Well goodbye arbies

• Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 8

- so we dug into the numbers to see why that may be, and what could be done to improve the game mode overall.[...]

• (Note: Disruption was already using single rotations because of an oversight, and will continue to do so with tweaks to reward structure as detailed below)
  • The rotation cadence will be changed from “ABCCCCC...” to “AABBCCCCC...” So that the same level of time investment is encouraged.

[...]

With more frequent reward cycles we’ve decided to include a few new goodies, adding variety to all the Endo and sculptures you’ll be earning:

• Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
    • Verticality: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 
    • Wicked Strikes: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter 
    • Loyal Herd: + Companion HP / + Companion Armor 
    • Bloodletter: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies
    • Bladed Restraint: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies 
  • You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!
    • On Rifle Kill: Melee damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Melee Kill: Rifle damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Pistol Headshot: x% ammo efficiency for y seconds
    • On Six Melee Kills: Heal companion by x
    • On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain x armor for y seconds

[...]

Please do not look at any numbers anymore if this happens after that. :suspicion:

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Can we reduce the number of infested missions? They are way over represented (someone did the math, and they are about 40%). Off the cuff math, on the star chart, grineer and corpus are about 35%. Corrupted around 10%. Infested about 20%. Should be the same for arbitrations missions.

Plz no, infested survival, excav, defection are the only ones I bother doing at all. Grineer aren't so bad but I usually just go meh and skip them, annoying enough I don't bother, and screw nulli bubbles in their entirety, Corpus and Corrupted are instant write offs for me.

-doesnt change the fact that you cant choose the mission type you want to play so you have to log in every hour to see whats on rotation

- reduces the amount of only somewhat useful reward that is endo

- changes nothing about low chanes to get forma or ephemera and doesnt add it on arbiters rewards either

-adds a bucnh of trash mods and arcanes no one asked for

-makes getting to rotation c twice as long effectively making it almost impossible to reach with randoms

De everybody.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Great Changes! My only critique is to put the new auras and arcanes in the arbitrations shop for vitus essence so you don't dilute the drop tables too much. And people can grind for anything they want rather than hoping RNG blesses them but for an equal grind for each one, like a merit based system and not a horrible feeling reward system where you have to hope you get what you want, like you were suggesting with the ephemeras making them more merit based than RNG based.

18 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

after reading this again I am expecting this to be a nerf to Excavation Arbitration meaning we will well less total effective Vitus Essence coming from Excavation Arbitration

effectively meaning that in the future we will not be able to effectively gather these rewards as we can now

I am going to do a lot of Exca Arbi before that happens I guess

They aren't touching Excavation at all and buffing the other modes up to the standard of Arbi Exavations. To make all the modes viable.

Edited by SuperSmog

1 hour ago, SuperSmog said:

They aren't touching Excavation at all and buffing the other modes up to the standard of Arbi Exavations. To make all the modes viable.

It is being nerfed, by reducing endo by 25% and keeping the same duration per rotation.

Every other mode will also have this drop in endo, but will have double rewards in the same amount of time so a theoretical 50% endo increase.

Excavations are getting nerfed and depending on how badly diluted the rewards get with the trash arcanes and auras it might be the less rewarding arbitration type of them all after the change.

• Upvote 2

Horrible changes.. Everything is horrible. Useless arcanes with useless aura modes. No one will use these aura mods..

Edited by smebjulak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

-doesnt change the fact that you cant choose the mission type you want to play so you have to log in every hour to see whats on rotation

- reduces the amount of only somewhat useful reward that is endo

- changes nothing about low chanes to get forma or ephemera and doesnt add it on arbiters rewards either

-adds a bucnh of trash mods and arcanes no one asked for

-makes getting to rotation c twice as long effectively making it almost impossible to reach with randoms

De everybody.

Now here you are wrong. Let's look at Survival for simplicity: Now, ABCC.. rotations of 10 mins, means 30 mins to reach rot C. With the changes, AABBCCCC.. rotations of 5 mins, means you reach rot C in 25 mins. Not only that, by the time you get to 30 mins, which would be your first rot C now, you already got 6 rewards, including 2 rotations C.

• Upvote 1

Most randoms and people in general

-dont play trash modes like survival or defense, everyones still gonna play excavation (or at worst interception, but its way easier to fail and way harder to play with pugs) because if you have non braindead teammates, you can do 2 or even more at once 

-most randoms dont even stick past ~30 minutes and for non randoms no one cares about this st mode because it has no rewards.

And those changes wont matter, no one's gonna play said survival either. Its so braindead that even 30 minutes is a slog.  

• Satisfied 1

40 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Most randoms and people in general

-dont play trash modes like survival or defense, everyones still gonna play excavation (or at worst interception, but its way easier to fail and way harder to play with pugs) because if you have non braindead teammates, you can do 2 or even more at once 

-most randoms dont even stick past ~30 minutes and for non randoms no one cares about this st mode because it has no rewards.

And those changes wont matter, no one's gonna play said survival either. Its so braindead that even 30 minutes is a slog.  

Sounds to me you should use recruiting chat to find a group of Tenno so you don't have this problem.

• Upvote 1