[DE]Connor

Arbitrations Revisited Part 2

8 hours ago, SuperSmog said:

They aren't touching Excavation at all and buffing the other modes up to the standard of Arbi Exavations. To make all the modes viable.

What they are doing is balancing the new rewards around what the least rewarding modes gave you. They aren't bringing them to the same level as excavations/disruption, they are slightly buffing them and diluting the drop tables/reducing the value of vitus essence so excavation and disruption end up being worse.

Even if they reduce extractors to their standard time you'll get less vitus essence than you used to. If you ran 3 extractors at a time you'll also be getting less Endo.

3 hours ago, Rogunz said:

What they are doing is balancing the new rewards around what the least rewarding modes gave you. They aren't bringing them to the same level as excavations/disruption, they are slightly buffing them and diluting the drop tables/reducing the value of vitus essence so excavation and disruption end up being worse.

Even if they reduce extractors to their standard time you'll get less vitus essence than you used to. If you ran 3 extractors at a time you'll also be getting less Endo.

It at least is seeming that way based on the information we have been presented with so far yeah, I worry if this is put through as is.

So it's been said by many already but the more the merrier I guess:

Getting the seeding step ephemera feels like spending half an hour on a roulette table betting on black and it comes in red every time. It's useless and provides only negative emotions when getting it. Of the new mods etc that are being added to the reward table I see 1/10 that I may be interested in. That's 9 new rewards (which doubles the loot table) that will make me feel irritated when I get them. So now 10/18 possible rewards will feel wasted, ignoring cyan stars which I'm on the fence about. 

Pleaaaaaaaase take them out of the loot table and put them in the vitus shop. The people that want them get them and those (I expect significantly larger pool) that don't, won't have the negative emotions connected to a gambling addiction from roughly half the rewards.

The other balancing effects seem to be really good, I look forward to testing them. And kuva in the shop?! YES! Thank you!

Also (aimed more at the elitists) not every one wants to be forced into picking from a very small pool of undying loadouts to play late game content. One of the great things in this game is being able to make cool new builds for your favorite frames and make them work in situations where the average player doesn't play them. Changing away from the old "one life" version was a great decision, please elitists, get over it.

2 minutes ago, piesk said:

So it's been said by many already but the more the merrier I guess:

Getting the seeding step ephemera feels like spending half an hour on a roulette table betting on black and it comes in red every time. It's useless and provides only negative emotions when getting it. Of the new mods etc that are being added to the reward table I see 1/10 that I may be interested in. That's 9 new rewards (which doubles the loot table) that will make me feel irritated when I get them. So now 10/18 possible rewards will feel wasted, ignoring cyan stars which I'm on the fence about. 

Pleaaaaaaaase take them out of the loot table and put them in the vitus shop. The people that want them get them and those (I expect significantly larger pool) that don't, won't have the negative emotions connected to a gambling addiction from roughly half the rewards.

The other balancing effects seem to be really good, I look forward to testing them. And kuva in the shop?! YES! Thank you!

Also (aimed more at the elitists) not every one wants to be forced into picking from a very small pool of undying loadouts to play late game content. One of the great things in this game is being able to make cool new builds for your favorite frames and make them work in situations where the average player doesn't play them. Changing away from the old "one life" version was a great decision, please elitists, get over it.

I second this but de needs to potentially change the arcane from that trash to grace energize barrier guardian and fury with a new unique aura only equitable once you use an aura forma that gives + 30% power strength and + 90% melee damage with a capacity of 11 or 12 maxed

• Applause 1

On 2019-09-12 at 9:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:
  • Verticality: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 

So, how exacty it won't work with Titania?

2 hours ago, lainverse said:

Most likely it will work (typo?), and do so as other resistance mods in the game, so it will result in frames not taking any damage (against most types) if it is more than ~10% per aura. And this is before adaptation.

On 2019-09-12 at 2:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Bladed Restraint: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies

Literally no one would ever use this lmao. Why would I want a lower combo count for my self and more for my allies when we could both just use combo mods...?

• Upvote 1

On 2019-09-12 at 7:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:
  • All missions will return to regular rotation length EXCEPT for Excavation. Timers on excavators will be reduced to compensate, so all modes should be receiving rewards at a similar rate.

when will Excavators be adjusted to the same sort of level difficulty?

500 shield 2500 HP... how are most frames expected to defend that against level 120+ grineer/corpus/corrupted or anything that shoots, for 100+ seconds??

• Applause 1

4 hours ago, lainverse said:

I dunno but as someone who plays Titania, that is literally THE ONLY mod they added that I even remotely give a single hecc about. Soooo fingers crossed that it works like Aviator but an Aura. 

• Upvote 2

On 2019-09-15 at 5:53 AM, Sylonus said:

Plz no, infested survival, excav, defection are the only ones I bother doing at all. Grineer aren't so bad but I usually just go meh and skip them, annoying enough I don't bother, and screw nulli bubbles in their entirety, Corpus and Corrupted are instant write offs for me.

I would rather play challenging and fun than easy and boring. There is nothing remotely interesting about the infested, and the only challenge they pose is the stupid energy siphon aura.

And that is the whole point. At best, they should have 1/4 presentation. And 1/5 is closer to their presentation on the system chart. 

Edited by (PS4)thegarada
  • Woah 1

On 2019-09-12 at 2:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

It’s been awhile since we updated you on the state of Arbitrations back in April. Listening to feedback from those changes, one recurring theme was that the mode doesn’t feel rewarding enough (unless you’re playing a certain mission type, that is...) - so we dug into the numbers to see why that may be, and what could be done to improve the game mode overall.

Each of the seven available mission types in Arbitrations has its own difficulty modifier. These were meant to add extra challenge, while leveling the playing field in terms of rewards. However, statistics show that we missed the mark: one mission type, Excavation, was a clear outlier in terms of reward output for time spent. 

We wanted to make all mission types feel somewhat equal in terms of rewards - this means bringing other mission types up to the standard set by Excavation, so you can play when you want, without feeling like it’s an inefficient use of time. We also wanted to address the feedback that the current extended reward rotations dragged missions out. 

Therefore, we are currently moving ahead with the following:

• All missions will return to regular rotation length EXCEPT for Excavation. Timers on excavators will be reduced to compensate, so all modes should be receiving rewards at a similar rate.
    • (Note: Disruption was already using single rotations because of an oversight, and will continue to do so with tweaks to reward structure as detailed below)
  • The rotation cadence will be changed from “ABCCCCC...” to “AABBCCCCC...” So that the same level of time investment is encouraged.
  • Endo rewards will be reduced to roughly 75% of what they once were (since you’ll be receiving rewards twice as often). Rare non-endo reward drop rates are unchanged - you’ll just get twice as many chances!
  • Arbiter Drones will now have a small chance to drop Vitus Essence on kill.

With some fine-tuning, we’re confident this will bring other game modes up to the level of reward that players might expect from their Excavation runs. Getting Essence directly from drones also gives an incentive to take them down, making gameplay itself feel more frequently rewarding. Speaking of rewards...

With more frequent reward cycles we’ve decided to include a few new goodies, adding variety to all the Endo and sculptures you’ll be earning:

• Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
    • Aerodynamic: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 
    • Swift Momentum: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter 
    • Sheperd: + Companion HP / + Companion Armor 
    • Combat Discipline: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies
    • Melee Guidance: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies 
  • You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!
    • On Rifle Kill: Melee damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Melee Kill: Rifle damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Pistol Headshot: x% ammo efficiency for y seconds
    • On Six Melee Kills: Heal companion by x
    • On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain x armor for y seconds
  • Drop tables will also include the occasional bundle of 5x Cyan Stars or 3x Vitus Essence.
  • Kuva has been added to the Arbiter Offerings, for purchase with Vitus Essence.

These rotation changes also mean that Vitus Essence output from Arbitrations will be more than double what it is now (twice as many wave rewards, plus Vitus from drones and other sources). The Vitus prices in our store were based on the current rate of acquisition, so I’m here to offer fair warning for our plans:

• When these Arbitration reward changes go live, the price of goods in the Arbiters’ reward manifest will increase by about 50%
  • When the update is released, we will also run a script to increase players’ existing Vitus stockpiles by an equivalent amount. If you had 2 Vitus before the update, you’ll have 3 after! 

We’re doing this so players who miss this announcement do not have their existing collections devalued as the store prices change. Since Vitus mission output is increasing by more than Vitus prices are, rewards from the store should be 20-30% faster to earn overall.

As always, these plans are subject to change both before and after release, based on player feedback and usage statistics.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: We hear you loud and clear Tenno - Cyan Star bundle has been removed.
EDIT 2: Updated names of new Aura mods.

Looks like a lot of cool new changes, of which adding kuva to the shop is the absolute best one. Finally endgame rewards in the endgame game-mode! (Please make it comparable to doing other kuva farms with a booster, since anyone who rolls rivens a lot always has a booster on.)

I would also like to echo the others who said that diluting the rotation rewards table is annoying. Any item that you only need a single copy of (mods, ephemera)  should go in the vitus shop, because isn't that the whole point of the vitus shop?

It's great that you're still adding things to this mode, thanks a bunch 🙂

This would be a nice edit, but i doubt you will listen to us at this point

EDIT 3: We hear you loud and clear Tenno - New Auras mods and Arcanes have been removed 

• Upvote 4

On 2019-09-13 at 4:30 AM, [DE]Connor said:

With more frequent reward cycles we’ve decided to include a few new goodies, adding variety to all the Endo and sculptures you’ll be earning:

everything I read up until this point I was okay with, I play warframe these days mainly just to play arbitration. If you do these changes and dilute the reward pool with stuff that isn't even any good I can safely say I will be less inclined to continue playing warframe. If you are going to add stuff to arbitration reward pool at least make it good? just a thought

and REMOVE REVIVES!!! Arbitration is meant to be hard, not this gimped game mode arbitration has become, c'mon DE

Edited by agrub
grammar error
  • Haha 1

On 2019-09-12 at 7:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

• Five new Aura mods that follow a more Nightmare or Corrupted style! (Final numbers will be posted in Update notes.)
    • Aerodynamic: + Aim Glide / - Damage Taken while Airborne 
    • Swift Momentum: + Faster Charge Attack / + Combo Counter 
    • Sheperd: + Companion HP / + Companion Armor 
    • Combat Discipline: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies
    • Melee Guidance: - Melee Combo on Self / + Melee Combo on allies 
  • You can expect five new Warframe Arcanes as well!
    • On Rifle Kill: Melee damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Melee Kill: Rifle damage increased by x for y seconds
    • On Pistol Headshot: x% ammo efficiency for y seconds
    • On Six Melee Kills: Heal companion by x
    • On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain x armor for y seconds
  • Drop tables will also include the occasional bundle of 5x Cyan Stars or 3x Vitus Essence.
  • Kuva has been added to the Arbiter Offerings, for purchase with Vitus Essence.

must be April's fools day...

these are not "goodies" they are badies...

2x frequency but with 10x dilution and 25% reduction... seems legit 😕

unless that 3x Vitus Essence has a high drop chance (to buy Kuva) to account for the amount of useless drops, these additions are only going to eliminate most of the already low interest in the mode.

not even 1 of those mods will really be used after the first 3 days of launch
not even 1 of those arcanes will really be used after the first 3 days of launch

On Rifle Kill: Melee damage increased by x for y seconds
On Melee Kill: Rifle damage increased by x for y seconds

why on earth would you want to increase damage for another weapon based on kill?
we already have 120% damage based on crit, status
unless these new arcanes increase the damage by a huge amount more, or the damage doesnt dilute with seration/ pressure point, these new arcanes are literally useless.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

On 2019-09-13 at 9:09 AM, Ulseth said:

The current revival system is making people want to play Arbitrations in Solo exclusively, at least make it so that you only get one revive plus the revives from the arcane enhancements so that you can't just sit there and do nothing in public games for free rewards.

Please, listen to the feedback.

I'm sure this is great for people dying with their glass cannons, killing a couple of enemies before getting one-shot and then expecting to be revived over and over again infinitely by other players, but that's because the punishment of your death in the form of debuffs is directed at someone else.

If the goal here is just to make the game more accessible, then just remove the difficulty entirely and stop punishing players that know what they're doing for trying to play with other people online in public games. Believe it or not, some people want to play your multiplayer game without being punished for not switching to single player.

They need to remove it on the hold why should I be burned because someone else don't know how to mod or play. Plus its supposed to be a end game mission but now it's just like any other mission. D.E always does this, for the life of me Idk y smh

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zerorama-7 said:

They need to remove it on the hold why should I be burned because someone else don't know how to mod or play. Plus its supposed to be a end game mission but now it's just like any other mission. D.E always does this, for the life of me Idk y smh

One doesn't have to be a good enough player to pick up their allies, especially considering that it acts as an index point debuff on the player.

On 2019-09-12 at 10:24 PM, Gabbynaru said:

So, just cause you get good drops means everyone else does as well? Sorry my dude, it's 1 per day for me. If it's 2, it's a miracle.

I mean heck, they could use the 5 amber stars pack to make up for the decreased endo rewards, because at least that way we can actually sell the statues to Maroo instead of having them collect dust, cause there's never enough amber stars to fill them.

You know you can craft amber stars with vitus essence, right? The stuff that's up to get its drop rate doubled

7 minutes ago, Mordewolt said:

You know you can craft amber stars with vitus essence, right? The stuff that's up to get its drop rate doubled

I'm not that stupid. That blueprint's a rip-off no matter how you slice it, so why anyone in their right mind would use it is beyond me.

12 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'm not that stupid. That blueprint's a rip-off no matter how you slice it, so why anyone in their right mind would use it is beyond me.

it won't be after they double the droprate tho

1 minute ago, Mordewolt said:

it won't be after they double the droprate tho

No, it still will be. 100k credits, 1 hour waiting time, 2 cyan stars... sure, maybe the Vitus Essence won't be so hard to come by anymore, but that doesn't change the rest of the blueprint being a rip-off.

I can't help but facepalm to all the players that want everything in the Arbitration shop...

THIS IS THE RNG YOU HAVE DEALT FOR ALL THOSES YEARS ! 

And as everything need to be more precise, i checked arbitrations Endo Drops rate: Rotation A : 90% - Rotation B : 88% - Rotation C : 76.5%

Rare drop will becore more rare, yet the majority of what will be added isn't worthy... Kinda reminds me of credits caches in normal survival/Excavations missions. Why do people complain of a lowest rate of 75% ? Endo comes in huge amount with arbitrations, you can maximise a primed mod with one or two well rounded arbitration...

Now this endos just look like trash reward as we get them too much. Yet decreased to 75% doesn't seems enough for me, a endo drop at 70-65, or even 60% will suits me more, regarding the number of added rewards, despite the fact they are useless, this is the point where i disagree. One thing to do about the future rewards : If remains the same, go to shop, if not sent to shop, then make them worthy.

This is just RNG and not a sick RNG, stop complaining without knowing. It just look fine to me... exept of course, the fact they are kinda trash mods and arcanes

EDIT:

just saw original post was edited - Welp, just Vitus farm remains, better like this if the mods remains the same

Edited by sniperloic

I had previously written a rather long critique of the initial arbitration changes when revives were added.

Since the change I've tried to like arbitration - while the revive mechanic is great when you are running with dojo members or with a set team it becomes something of a problem in public missions.

I can't count the number of times I have had people join and arbitration only to die before the first reward and either leave without replacement or spam for heal - only to chain die until others just leave or other players end up dying due to the burden placed on them from people who aren't even trying.

As arbitrations were introduced as end game content why isn't there the ability to make it one death and you are done - what is the possible negative if a player is looking to add challenge and actually test their builds?

I still think adding a revive mechanic to the arbitration was a mistake and previously liked challenging myself with different frames - now I generally don't bother joining in public groups for arbitrations.

I think the public version of the arbitration with the revive mechanic goes against everything players who wanted increased difficulty and something end game too do with other end game players stands for.

give us options - not everything has to be easy.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Combat Discipline: -HP on kill for self / +HP on kill for Allies  <---- That aura reads like one people will rarely, if ever use though. Whenever your allies do the killing, you get hp added (whether that is added towards you or the whole squad is not yet revealed so it is not yet clear how the adding and subtracting will work ) but whenever you yourself do the killing, you or your squad lose hp. Unless you are only defending and healing, without doing a single kill, it seems like an useless aura.

• Upvote 3

Sounds like some solid improvements, though can't judge too fully until after implementation.

Though on arcanes, would be nice if there were more ways to gain them than just arbitrations.

It was already stated to be a problem to lock arcanes behind one mode (Trials), but then that same issue has carried on through eidolons.