Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9 is so ridiculous

LastGodMars

All of us are here to have fun, but guess what. Not everyone has the same definition of "fun". Those tests are meant to test in some core me hanics of the game. Some you'll rarely need, some you'll use daily. But one thing is for sure, all of them can be easily cheesed if you know how.

I suggest watching the video guide on the wiki for that test, as those often contain some clues that might go unnoticed to the unwary eye.

48 minutes ago, LastGodMars said:

I come here to enjoy not to make stupid tests that won't work for me.

Then don't do it.

48 minutes ago, LastGodMars said:

If I want to be undetected I use have stealth skill warframe

Uhhh not necessarily... I used Skiajati (reward from The Sacrifice quest along with Excalibur Umbra & MODs) on any non stealth frame back then when taking the test since I didn't have one yet... and stealth means just not being seen in front of enemy's eyes so... 

Edited by FerockQuartz

On 2019-09-12 at 3:42 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

All of us are here to have fun, but guess what. Not everyone has the same definition of "fun". Those tests are meant to test in some core me hanics of the game. Some you'll rarely need, some you'll use daily. But one thing is for sure, all of them can be easily cheesed if you know how.

I suggest watching the video guide on the wiki for that test, as those often contain some clues that might go unnoticed to the unwary eye.

On 2019-09-12 at 3:53 PM, FerockQuartz said:

Then don't do it.

Uhhh not necessarily... I used Skiajati (reward from The Sacrifice quest along with Excalibur Umbra & MODs) on any non stealth frame back then when taking the test since I didn't have one yet... and stealth means just not being seen in front of enemy's eyes so... 

The test has actually been changed since the last videos were made, so literally within the last couple weeks. Now when you try to drop down into the 3rd area, you can't just chill there and wait for them to do a round. If you do that, they will spot you right away. So no, the methodology in the video on the wiki will not work, nor will anything in any YouTube video I saw. I personally had to make a video for someone that was complaining in regional about it. It took quite a bit of practice. @LastGodMars If you're still having trouble, hit me up on here and I will send you the link to the video.

To DE I have this to say: it is absolutely ridiculous to change MR tests after the fact. What you're saying is that the people that took the test immediately after whatever change you made are being held to a different standard than the people that took it just hours before you changed it. It's honestly really silly and not fair at all. If I had a course in a school and it was a breeze and then someone else took the same class, same professor, but the grading was more difficult, it would not be fair to those students now taking the class, and it's not fair to the people that took the class previously because perhaps they weren't prepared properly for the future. Please either change it back to how it was, or from here on out just don't change any previously released Mastery Rank test, because it is literally the definition of a double-standard what you did with this test.

**EDIT**

@LastGodMars I checked in-game and saw that you passed the test, CONGRATS! I know it was hard fought. So nevermind my video. But to DE the point remains the same. And if anyone else sees this from Google or something, feel just as free as LastGod was to hit me up for the video.

Edited by badoxymoron
New Information
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, badoxymoron said:

- snip -

I guess that makes sense. It must be a very recent change indeed, and not just the test itself. Several weeks ago I did help my girlfriend pass through it and it was quite easy, plenty of space to mess around and no easy detection. Hek, in some cases I'd even accidentally pass through the enemy unintended and they would still not detect me.

However in the past week as I was unveiling some stockpiled rivens (solo and undetected exterminate/ find 10+ medallions undetected) I did find it substantially more frustrating that before since I had to be way more careful even with my Loki in order to pass those challenges. It seems like a change on the stealth mechanic itself, and a not so pleasant one.

Honestly as a Loki main and a stealth lover there should just be a full revisit on that mechanic in order for it to actually feel good. Stealth in this game feels very incomplete, lackluster and rng-based at times. Thinking logically I don't know why it would be "tested" in the sorry state it currently is in.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

8 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

However in the past week as I was unveiling some stockpiled rivens (solo and undetected exterminate/ find 10+ medallions undetected) I did find it substantially more frustrating that before since I had to be way more careful even with my Loki in order to pass those challenges. It seems like a change on the stealth mechanic itself, and a not so pleasant one.

PS4 hasn't received the broken enemy detection yet.

We'll probably receive it in the next update.

Two words, 

Banshee

Redeemer

The redeemer will allow you to shoot them from a distance but the noise will alert them, Banshees passive (powers are locked out but passives work just fine) causes all weapons to be silenced and will prevent the otherwise alarming sound from alerting them. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

On 2019-09-14 at 11:09 PM, Fumalakachumba said:

I've been trying this test repeatedly and failing. They see me from the other side of the map...see me when facing away. Part 3 they will see you if you don't hop down to make them spawn then hop right back up to the part 2 section...sometimes they even see me up there crouching. This test is...broken now.

So DE decided blessing increased enemy radar on MR test enemies now like those enemies that spot you on PoE/OV... I wouldn't term it broken... Its a DISASTER.

On 2019-09-12 at 8:05 PM, LastGodMars said:

I come here to enjoy not to make stupid tests that won't work for me.

Warframe is designed to encourage you to get as many weapons as you can, and as many Warframes and as much gear as possible. The Atterax is actually only considered so strong because of how well it scales up under the current melee system and there are plenty of other weapons you can use if you want to just one-shot scrub-level enemies with melee.

If you can't work within the confines of the test, then you obviously haven't reached a correct 'Mastery' of the game's more varied mechanics, which is exactly what these tests are for.

On 2019-09-12 at 8:05 PM, LastGodMars said:

If I want to be undetected I use have stealth skill warframe

Annnnnd... what's your point?

This is literally basic gameplay right here. If you're going to ESO where area clear and instant access to damage are required, take a damage frame. If you're going to Arbitrations where killing specific priority targets faster and staying alive so you don't burden your team is required, then take a tanky frame or a frame that has ability-based survivability. If you're going to a mission that requires not being seen and killing things quietly, take a frame that has stealth abilities and a silent weapon.

Your mission is literally stated to be 'kill enemies without being detected', take a frame and a weapon that lets you do that. This isn't a room-nuking exercise, why would you take a weapon and frame built for room nuking?

In addition, Abilities are disabled for this test. So even taking those 'stealth based' frames doesn't really help, unless you take the two exceptions that have Passives to help.

Banshee has a passive that removes noise from weapons, which is great for a noisy gunblade weapon like the Redeemer or Sarpa, both of which can get you kills from range rather than having to take risky opportunities.

Wisp turns invisible passively as she leaves the ground, so you could actually just equip Aero Vantage and Motus Signal on your Wisp to spend long periods of time in the air, then use a weapon with a much higher base damage to simply air-attack or slide-attack in the air to get the job done.

If you can't use the correct tools for the job at hand, then that's genuinely your problem, not the game's.

• Like 2

After seeing a handful of posts, I went back and tried the MR 9 test and noticed that all units have improved horizontal/vertical fields of view. They used to have tunnel vision! My old approach to pass the test was to use Zephyr and hide at the top of pillars and drop down at opportune times to slay an enemy. But now they can you see you high in the air! They can even see you slightly to the left/right.

The first two phases are still easy (just be sure to realize that the elevated guys in phase 2 can see you now!). The last phase sets you up with 3 units walking toward you. There's also an elevated unit circling a pillar in the background. Where only the 3 could detect you before, now the elevated guy in the background can detect you on the ground where he couldn't before. So it's big trickier to break into the last phase and have a place to hide with 4 relatively higher field-of-view units watching.

I was able to pass the test with Banshee and Sarpa. I could not pass the test with Zephyr and Broken War using my original successful strategy of navigating pillar tops and dropping down at opportune moments (which I think is stealthy? Not anymore apparently!).

I am sure glad I did the MR 19 test before whatever change they made. That one was tricky too. I used Glaive Prime for that! Though, I posted a bug about being able to use Archguns and pass the MR19 test instantly.

I can't do it. 7 Days in a row now. Training it. in about 50 trys i did it once in a training run and it doesn't count. ARRRGHHL.

Why put a blocker for equipment in the game?
I didnt seen any Youtubers killing lvl 100+ mobs, by sneaking on them.

This is pure sh.t.
It is so frustrating. It kills my motivation to play the game.

Edited by Noah03

7 minutes ago, Noah03 said:

I can't do it. 7 Days in a row now. Training it. in about 50 trys i did it once in a training run and it doesn't count. ARRRGHHL.

Why put a blocker for equipment in the game?
I didnt seen any Youtubers killing lvl 100+ mobs, by sneaking on them.

This is pure sh.t.
It is so frustrating. It kills my motivation to play the game.

My advice is to keep doing practice runs until you can pass the test 3 times in a row. Then you're ready! Obviously, this is specific to very challenging MR tests. Most of them are not this challenging!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Noah03 said:

No f ing way. 50+ training runs are enough.

Yes i lack the skill to do it. So what now? Have to find someone doing it for me? Give him the log in infos and some plat?

No, you don't lack the skills to do it. The MR 9 test was rendered substantially more difficult than it used to be. You've been shafted.

I think you'll have a lot more luck using a ranged melee weapon like Glaive, Sarpa/Redeemer (especially use Banshee for the gunblades).

EDIT: P.S. The next challenging test is MR 19 where you have to do everything without being detected again. Once you pass MR 9, it is a walk in the park to MR 18.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, also be aware of the 'h' key to switch left/right over-shoulder-view. Very useful when you need to aim a ranged melee from behind a pillar to the left or right (without actually moving away from the pillar!).

Edited by nslay

2 minutes ago, Noah03 said:

yeah i just saw a video in another threa. Someone shooting them with a redeemer. the parts are in the "oven" tomorrow ill shoot everything ^^

Ty mate

Pass the practice test 3 times in a row to be really sure. Otherwise your one daily shot to rank up is squandered! Although, you're free to ignore my advice!

just did 10 training runs with the redeemer. And i managed to do it 3x in a row. Mutch easier, if you just have to remember "shoot 2 left side, then 2 right side and finish the rest off". Thank you again. Now i just have to wait the timer to reset ❤️

• Like 2

En 12/9/2019 a las 15:05, LastGodMars dijo:

Even atterax or something this is so ridiculous and wastes time.Why?I come here to enjoy not to make stupid tests that won't work for me.If I want to be undetected I use have stealth skill warframe

Use Rakta Dark Dagger with Gleaming Blight and Covert Lethality. While wielding that dagger it is harder for you to be spotted. Also use Ivara and equip enemy radar on your warframe. This test is not that hard tbh if you know what you're doing and you learn enemy movements. Moral of the story: go to Simaris and pratice there before doing it for real.

Was that the one where you are only allowed to use melee and have to repeat a section when detected? Cuz that was absolutely terrible. 

It is not relevant at all to how the game is played. You never ever do that in any context. You either go in guns blazing or use a stealth frame. 

It boils down to a boring memorization of enemy movement patterns. Pretty lame. 

• Like 1

On 2019-09-12 at 3:05 PM, LastGodMars said:

Even atterax or something this is so ridiculous and wastes time.Why?I come here to enjoy not to make stupid tests that won't work for me.If I want to be undetected I use have stealth skill warframe

Your complaining about challenging content that is so easy, this is the reason why digital extremes has nerfed "skill" based gameplay into the ground and has made it farming simulator.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Here, I did the work for you now watch the Mastery rank 9 video and tips.

You need to learn to use resources for gaming (wikipedias help a lot)

You also need to learn how to play the game, that is done through mastery tests and experience.

Edited by Midas

10 minutes ago, Midas said:

Your complaining about challenging content that is so easy, this is the reason why digital extremes has nerfed "skill" based gameplay into the ground and has made it farming simulator.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Here, I did the work for you now watch the Mastery rank 9 video and tips.

You need to learn to use resources for gaming (wikipedias help a lot)

You also need to learn how to play the game, that is done through mastery tests and experience.

Did you try the test after U25.7.3? Because I can guarantee you if you pull the move at 1:15 you will fail.