Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9 is so ridiculous

LastGodMars

So there is a mod called hush at Max rank it makes your weapon silent. Get it max it throw it in literally any sniper with serration and pick guys off when they go around corners the block line of sight to other enemies that might see they die or just wait for them the turn their backs to each other and pop them off. I'd recommend practicing in Semaris's room in any relay to get the order of which enemies to kill in what order. EZ PZ. 

26 minutes ago, TheKazz91 said:

So there is a mod called hush at Max rank it makes your weapon silent. Get it max it throw it in literally any sniper with serration and pick guys off when they go around corners the block line of sight to other enemies that might see they die or just wait for them the turn their backs to each other and pop them off. I'd recommend practicing in Semaris's room in any relay to get the order of which enemies to kill in what order. EZ PZ. 

Melee only. If you're gonna suggest the gunblade route, make sure to also include Banshee. And Archgun...well OP already posted that.

Edit: there's a thread about using Archgun.

Edited by NekroArts
Referring to wrong thread.

1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

Melee only.

Oh RIP my B. Though there are still may ways around this, Ash, Loki, Ivara, and Octavia can all go invisible. Limbo can stop time to prevent you from setting of alarms. Excalibur can use exhulted blade to kill dudes at range, Titania can also use her pistols modded for silence as can Mesa. Equinox and sleep everyone. There are whole bunch of ways to cheese this. If all else fails there is one secret weapon that makes this super easy that works with any Warframe: patience. Slow down think about what you're doing and don't run in guns blazing like you're playing Warframe.

Edited by TheKazz91

On 2019-09-15 at 3:17 AM, Oreades said:

Two words, 

Banshee

Redeemer

The redeemer will allow you to shoot them from a distance but the noise will alert them, Banshees passive (powers are locked out but passives work just fine) causes all weapons to be silenced and will prevent the otherwise alarming sound from alerting them. 

This ^

Don't know now, cause some ppl are saying they changed the test, I did it a long time ago. But just take banshee and redeemer and snipe everyone from far away.

It's the same combo I used recently on mr test 19, for the stealth rescue, just sniped them with redeemer from the spawn 

39 minutes ago, Xtra_Step said:

This ^

Don't know now, cause some ppl are saying they changed the test, I did it a long time ago. But just take banshee and redeemer and snipe everyone from far away.

It's the same combo I used recently on mr test 19, for the stealth rescue, just sniped them with redeemer from the spawn 

It does feel like they've changed something to do with detection as well as maybe the redeemers fall off damage? 

Because I did try it earlier today and two times I was detected and I have no clue how, one of which was from the starting platform..... I also recall being able to much more accurately hit enemies from range with the redeemer. So not sure if they changed the scatter or damage falloff or what but there is definitely something. 

Honestly It's just one more instance where it feels like DE could not necicarily fix per say but definitely resolve most if not all of these issues by changing the MR tests to start the 24hr cooldown timer on completion instead of on attempt. Which retains DEs initial desired timegate while essentially removing the ire players have with regards to the timer kicking off when you attempt the test.

And because I'm sure someone will bring up "Practice tests~" those are not the answer to this issue they are at best a crutch to avoid dealing with the issue itself which is where the timer triggers. I'm actually kinda taken aback by how much effort DE has squandered implementing the Practice tests in an attempt to resolve the issues when they don't solve a problem that would have been solved by changing the position of (probably) one block of code. Like literally Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V, done..... because you aren't changing the cooldown itself that code is fine, you're just changing where the game kicks off that cooldown. 

6 hours ago, NekroArts said:

Did you try the test after U25.7.3? Because I can guarantee you if you pull the move at 1:15 you will fail.

just Run Redeemer with Banshee

"All of BansheeIcon272 Banshee's equipped weapons, including Gunblades, such as TnoGunblade Redeemer, and weapons equipped on Sentinels, should they be present, are treated as silent." (Warframe Wiki).

An experienced player would know this.

On 2019-09-12 at 12:05 PM, LastGodMars said:

Even atterax or something this is so ridiculous and wastes time.Why?I come here to enjoy not to make stupid tests that won't work for me.If I want to be undetected I use have stealth skill warframe

IMO Mastery Tests are completely pointless and should be removed from the game. They don't serve any actual purpose since the majority of them focus on skills you will NEVER use.

But fanboys adore them for some unfathomable reason, I guess they like having their time wasted.

16 hours ago, Midas said:

just Run Redeemer with Banshee

"All of BansheeIcon272 Banshee's equipped weapons, including Gunblades, such as TnoGunblade Redeemer, and weapons equipped on Sentinels, should they be present, are treated as silent." (Warframe Wiki).

An experienced player would know this.

I did it with Broken War and Zephyr. My strategy no longer works because units no longer have tunnel vision like they used to have... so no hiding on the tops of pillars and dropping down at opportune moments and slaying them... like ninjas in movies. Not stealthy anymore...

22 hours ago, nslay said:

I did it with Broken War and Zephyr. My strategy no longer works because units no longer have tunnel vision like they used to have... so no hiding on the tops of pillars and dropping down at opportune moments and slaying them... like ninjas in movies. Not stealthy anymore...

Lol nothing is stealthy anymore with the map wiping. They need to re balance damage 100% and completely take out AoE.

On 2019-09-14 at 6:32 PM, sinnae said:

I practiced a couple times with Skiajati and it wasn't too bad. Mostly just a small check to see if you can read enemy movement patterns and play in a more measured manner.

Sadly that is locked on the other side of MR 9 so you should try it without any items above MR 8 since you wouldn't have access to them.

On 2019-09-17 at 10:01 AM, Midas said:

Your complaining about challenging content that is so easy, this is the reason why digital extremes has nerfed "skill" based gameplay into the ground and has made it farming simulator.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Here, I did the work for you now watch the Mastery rank 9 video and tips.

You need to learn to use resources for gaming (wikipedias help a lot)

You also need to learn how to play the game, that is done through mastery tests and experience.

You're ignoring the fact that the video to that is years old.

The enemies can see you before you even start the test, they can see you at about 270 degrees, they can see you through the walls and floors.

There is something wrong with this test that just came up recently, I was practicing it when the hotfix came through and now I can't even approach the 2nd area without the guy either seeing me through the pillar or the closer of the two on the top path seeing me through the floor.

So all of you who already took it, go try again, you're not allowed to use anything over MR 8 since those of us taking it can't, and I want you to see how annoying it is to be seen through a wall, because they saw a body, or because when it resets between attempts it leaves corpses and occasionally the survivors there.

On 2019-09-17 at 12:31 PM, TheKazz91 said:

Oh RIP my B. Though there are still may ways around this, Ash, Loki, Ivara, and Octavia can all go invisible. Limbo can stop time to prevent you from setting of alarms. Excalibur can use exhulted blade to kill dudes at range, Titania can also use her pistols modded for silence as can Mesa. Equinox and sleep everyone. There are whole bunch of ways to cheese this. If all else fails there is one secret weapon that makes this super easy that works with any Warframe: patience. Slow down think about what you're doing and don't run in guns blazing like you're playing Warframe.

Doesn't actually help when they can see you through walls and floors now.

5 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I will say it again Wisp passive cake walk it I posted a screen above. it was taken right before the post.

Feel like taking me through the rest of the game so I can get Wisp? I'm to Uranus and after about a dozen missions there I have yet to find the thing I need to scan to get the Natah quest unlocked so I can get off the planet.

3 minutes ago, JaunusEnder said:

Feel like taking me through the rest of the game so I can get Wisp? I'm to Uranus and after about a dozen missions there I have yet to find the thing I need to scan to get the Natah quest unlocked so I can get off the planet.

The blueprints for wisp all drop from the Ropalolyst, I am currently helping someone else that is new. Also you can do the quests to get skiajati before 9 even though it's mr 11 cause rewards can be used at lower levels. Not that you need skiajati, as any fast melee will work.

Edited by Nichivo

12 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

The blueprints for wisp all drop from the Ropalolyst, I am currently helping someone else that is new. Also you can do the quests to get skiajati before 9 even though it's mr 11 cause rewards can be used at lower levels. Not that you need skiajati, as any fast melee will work.

Rapalolyst isn't available til after the Chimera Prologue, you need to finish the rest of the game to fight it. I just want to be able to pass the MR 9 so i can take the other MR's I've qualified for and get more than just syndana from my syndicates. I don't want to have to finish the game to play the game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JaunusEnder said:

Rapalolyst isn't available til after the Chimera Prologue, you need to finish the rest of the game to fight it. I just want to be able to pass the MR 9 so i can take the other MR's I've qualified for and get more than just syndana from my syndicates. I don't want to have to finish the game to play the game.

Yes but you could farm relics sell stuff for plat and get wisp from the market for the plat. It's completely possible to get wisp before 9 to take the test with. I did actually run it without wisp and it's still doable although it's easier to be detected now. I do have plans to crack some relics in a bit if you are interested I can make room for you. I'll probably crack some vaulted ones as well.

20 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Yes but you could farm relics sell stuff for plat and get wisp from the market for the plat. It's completely possible to get wisp before 9 to take the test with. I did actually run it without wisp and it's still doable although it's easier to be detected now. I do have plans to crack some relics in a bit if you are interested I can make room for you. I'll probably crack some vaulted ones as well.

I have 3 sets to sell/trade but no one wants them so no, I can't get the platinum for it earlier.

Besides, it still seems stupid to lock out a ton of content because you made it so spectres could see though walls, or make someone farm specifically for a way around the conventional way they meant it to be done.

Edited by JaunusEnder