Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting better in Eidolon hunts and oneshot shields?

Stormwind81

Question

Please dont judge but how do you guys write in recruiting when you look for more advanced players for eidolon hunts to do the bounty (3 eidolons) at least twice or three times?
Sometimes when I try to form a group even people ask for an invite that clearly have never seen a tutorial or guide. Last time I even had one guy that went to the exit after we captured the first eidolon cause he never did more than one before! And he was MR22 not that this has to say something but at least you couldnt say he was new to the game. But those things I never know before and always see when we are already in the match and then I just tag along with it.
So how do I make sure when H in recruit only people respond that know what they have to do?

Don't get me wrong, I am not much of an expert either for sure! And I am still missing some puzzles I dont get when doing Eidolons hunts sometimes but at least I've seen some tutorials and there is a good guide on steam for Eidolons.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1341078329&searchtext=eidolon

Anyway as I am always Trinity I have the easiest part imho!

So to sum up my questions:

1) what to write in recruiting to get people that can perform for 2x3 eidolon hunts.

2) What are the main pre-requirements I need to one-shot Eidolon shields as Volt? (Is it Wisp or Void Strike and how many shields before me and what amp shot?)

3) Sometimes there are 3 filled lures nearby and still the eidolon dies and doesnt get captured, why does this happen sometimes?

My experience is that most of the time we struggle with shields and as I have a riven moded rubico I think 2 volts would be sometimes better than an extra harrow!
Any suggestions on that?

1). Unfortunately, you aren't going to get many good people in a 2x3 recruitment. My best advice would be setting a cap limit to avoid complete newbies, for 2x3s maybe 10+ or 20+ hydrolyst caps? From my experience, you aren't going to get truly skilled hunters until you get up into 4x3 squads at least (though 3x3 squads have pleasantly surprised me before).

2). The only thing that volt's shields do to amps is provide a crit damage boost, which does not stack for multiple shields. Thus, you only need 1 shield to get the max effectiveness for your amp. Assuming a X23 amp, you probably need a volt shield + wisp proc + about 7-8x multiplier on your VS to one-shot shields (I mostly use x77 now, so I might be misremembering; please correct me if this is wrong). With X77, it only takes volt shield + wisp proc + 5-6x multiplier, but you need to have a virtuous shadow proc to make sure you crit, and X77 is significantly harder to use so I wouldn't recommend it for 2x3s anyway.

3). This probably means your lures were out of range. Lures need to be within 50m of the Eidolon until you hear his death sound, then they can go wherever they want.

A side note; you've probably seen volts stacking all of their shields for the Chroma during the downed phase. This is because each shield grants +50% bonus electricity damage, stacking up to 6 times. The crit damage bonus does not stack like this, however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

The only thing that volt's shields do to amps is provide a crit damage boost, which does not stack for multiple shields.

Untrue. The shield also provides 50% bonus electricity damage and the damage stack for multiple shields. The crit damage doesnt.

Wiki quote:

Firing through multiple Shields will cause the Electricity b Electricity damage bonus to stack additively (e.g., firing through 3 shields will grant a 150% Electricity b Electricity damage bonus). The critical damage bonus on the other hand does not stack with additional shields.

Say this in chat and it will filter out the most inexperienced players:

H 2x3 [mod config] me your build.

Next you want to inspect their profile and check their hydro cap numbers, their amp and archwing.
Do not give players the benefit of the doubt when they fail inspection; ignore the ones that try their best to convince you otherwise.

Red flags for players with less then 150 hydro caps are: shotgun and beam weapons equipped, zero arcane nullifier, unmaxed itzal.
And a single mote amp is a given. At 250 hydro caps and more, players tend to need less of the above requirements.

Players with more hydro caps have more of their focus unlocked and can survive better without arcane nullifiers.
Another thing you can ask them is what focus school they are using and if they don't know the answer, it's better to drop them.

4x3 and below is a big struggle with under geared and inexperienced players.

OP you just failed the inspection yourself here by asking these questions 🙂

Edited by symisz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Untrue. The shield also provides 50% bonus electricity damage and the damage stack for multiple shields. The crit damage doesnt.

Wiki quote:

Firing through multiple Shields will cause the Electricity b Electricity damage bonus to stack additively (e.g., firing through 3 shields will grant a 150% Electricity b Electricity damage bonus). The critical damage bonus on the other hand does not stack with additional shields.

And that doesn't matter at all, because eidolon shields are unaffected by non-void damage.

If you had actually read the rest of my post, I also acknowledge that the shields do this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, symisz said:

Say this in chat and it will filter out the most inexperienced players:

H 2x3 [mod config] me your build.

Next you want to inspect their profile and check their hydro cap numbers, their amp and archwing.
Do not give players the benefit of the doubt when they fail inspection; ignore the ones that try their best to convince you otherwise.

Red flags for players with less then 150 hydro caps are: shotgun and beam weapons equipped, zero arcane nullifier, unmaxed itzal.
And a single mote amp is a given. At 250 hydro caps and more, players tend to need less of the above requirements.

Players with more hydro caps have more of their focus unlocked and can survive better without arcane nullifiers.
Another thing you can ask them is what focus school they are using and if they don't know the answer, it's better to drop them.

4x3 and below is a big struggle with under geared and inexperienced players.

OP you just failed the inspection yourself here by asking these questions 🙂

He's running a 2x3, not a 5x3. Clearly he's rather inexperienced with eidolons, and there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone needs some time to learn mechanics and develop skills before really getting into high cap runs, and the fact that he's asking these questions shows that he's willing and motivated to learn unlike most people who have done 500+ caps through recruit chat 2 and 3x3s (or god forbid public bounties).

Imho all you need is an good Volt. I found one with +500 caps  and we did 3x3 with 2 others as randoms as the night has already started and we didnt want to waste time searching.
Later found another Volt with only 40caps and we did 2x3 with randoms again and had still 10mins left. (both randoms were trinitys)

I think the "3x3" announcement does the trick! And you shouldn't be too late. Like best is always 5mins before night starts.

Edited by Stormwind81

So far I have done ~15 Hydrolysts in the last couple of days and 3x3 is pretty standard now when you know what to bring in as a team.

Anyway I got some further questions I quite not get atm:
How do I know when I need to teleport myself to the podest as Trinity so the loot wil drop/explode there. You know that lure follow you everywhere thing).

Sometimes only one lure will drop loot there sometimes none and I have to fly all the way back.

Also what are common mystakes regarding wisps. Sometimes I notice someone complaining he is not getting any wisps or such.

I mean I know so far that nobody should have vacuum/fetch on his sentinel. Though I dont know how wisps work when multiple people in the group have the same focus on. 

My next goal is for sure to get my Volt to oneshot schields 😎

reading the Profiles of people that want to join to see that they have some experience with the actual content beforehand will help somewhat. whether Players are actually competent or not, you can't really determine without just playing (because if you ask people they could just lie).

also as aforementioned, Electric Shield does not stack for Amps in any way whatsoever. one Shield is the same as 18 for an Amp.
additionally, IPS based Weapons scale very poorly with  >1 Electric Shield. however, base Elemental Weapons scale very well with stacked Electric Shields.

being efficient with the Shield Phase requires the shooter to have Void Strike. ideally atleast 2 Players have it, with the second Player serving as a safety net to help ensure that the single Shot from each Player totals up to being sufficient. and/or someone Spawning Wisps helps ensure that more.
as a bare minimum, either a second Void Strike or a Wisp is generally enough to keep the first Void Strike from having reliability issues.
outside of that, it's important for Void Strike carriers to spend all possible time they can, Charging it. anytime there isn't something else they need to be doing, they should be charging. not only does that increase the safety net, hiding in spacekid is pretty safe anyways since you're invulnerable and your Warframe has atleast 90% DR (if there are Timer based self Abilities active) or is invulnerable. 

Lures have to be within ~50 Meters of the Eidolon until the moment it dies. only up until that moment where you hear the pinging sound, once you hear it, the Lures could die, go to a different Planet, anything and you've still Captured the Eidolon.
if you want to drag them, as soon as you hear the pinging sound, be already in your Archwing, and Blink over ASAP. if you run out of Energy, spam Pizzas. 

people having trouble picking up the Wisps is generally just going to be because the pickup mechanics for it are total garbage. whoever is Spawning Wisps is tasked with spamming it like 10 or 15 times in between the end of the Magnetic Waves and the Eidolon finishing standing up. you just keep spamming it continuously because it's incredibly easy for a Player to be forced into picking up 10+ Wisps all at once since they're all in one pile and will chase that Player around.
so the only reliable thing is spamming them constantly so that after someone has picked theirs up, someone else can come over and get the next few that Spawn.

Edited by taiiat

On 2019-09-12 at 7:10 PM, Stormwind81 said:

Please dont judge but how do you guys write in recruiting when you look for more advanced players for eidolon hunts to do the bounty (3 eidolons) at least twice or three times?
Sometimes when I try to form a group even people ask for an invite that clearly have never seen a tutorial or guide. Last time I even had one guy that went to the exit after we captured the first eidolon cause he never did more than one before! And he was MR22 not that this has to say something but at least you couldnt say he was new to the game. But those things I never know before and always see when we are already in the match and then I just tag along with it.
So how do I make sure when H in recruit only people respond that know what they have to do?

Don't get me wrong, I am not much of an expert either for sure! And I am still missing some puzzles I dont get when doing Eidolons hunts sometimes but at least I've seen some tutorials and there is a good guide on steam for Eidolons.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1341078329&searchtext=eidolon

Anyway as I am always Trinity I have the easiest part imho!

So to sum up my questions:

1) what to write in recruiting to get people that can perform for 2x3 eidolon hunts.

2) What are the main pre-requirements I need to one-shot Eidolon shields as Volt? (Is it Wisp or Void Strike and how many shields before me and what amp shot?)

3) Sometimes there are 3 filled lures nearby and still the eidolon dies and doesnt get captured, why does this happen sometimes?

My experience is that most of the time we struggle with shields and as I have a riven moded rubico I think 2 volts would be sometimes better than an extra harrow!
Any suggestions on that?

1) Check how many hydro they captured before inviting on their profile, less than 10 Hydro or 20 mighjt be bad, try the numbers and see which is the minimum capture that ppl perform ok for your 2x3.

2) Wisp AND void strike, 1 shield (more doesn't increase the amp dmg on shield), 177 (with virtuos shadow), x27 otherwise (no lega prism since bug)

3) Animation bug, if the lures exploded, it is capture, get the loot and place in the altar for next eidolon.

Stay invisible the most time you can, and don't shot with weapon or stack combo counter might help on Shield xD. 

3 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

So far I have done ~15 Hydrolysts in the last couple of days and 3x3 is pretty standard now when you know what to bring in as a team.

Anyway I got some further questions I quite not get atm:
How do I know when I need to teleport myself to the podest as Trinity so the loot wil drop/explode there. You know that lure follow you everywhere thing).

Sometimes only one lure will drop loot there sometimes none and I have to fly all the way back.

Also what are common mystakes regarding wisps. Sometimes I notice someone complaining he is not getting any wisps or such.

I mean I know so far that nobody should have vacuum/fetch on his sentinel. Though I dont know how wisps work when multiple people in the group have the same focus on. 

My next goal is for sure to get my Volt to oneshot schields 😎

When you hear the loud PING!!! That announces the eidolon's death

You have to make sure your first landing is the shrine and then change to your frame for the lures to teleport  if you are too slow the lures will explode back at the eidolon, spam blink.

Wisps should be waypointed, they falk between the eidolons legs and often just fall in the water, inexperienced players will not be in position to catch them.

Only your DPS should be using Unairu wisps, the others should have Madurai.

One shotting shields is easy and mainly requires better time management and the use of energy pads. As a Trinity you should be casting bless after each limb breaks then straight back into operator void mode to charge your void strike. With about 7x void strike charge, unairu wisp boost, virtuous shadow crit chance buff and aiming up the eidolons shin for multi hits, you should easily 1 shot the shields. 

• Like 1

Big post incoming (with math!)

Hydrolyst shield has about 68,000 hp. When a lure is tethered, it will regenerate to half that, or 34,000 hp.

I'm going to use an x77 amp (propa scaffold/certus brace) in the first half of this post because the math is easy.

Completely unbuffed, propa does 414 damage on a non-crit and 1,494 damage on crit. It has a 50% chance to crit. If you have Virtuos Shadow, you can get a +60% buff to crit chance by operator dashing the eidolon's head before you shoot. So with shadow proc, your total chance to crit will increase to 80%.

Critting is really important because looking at the damage numbers, propa crits are almost 4 times bigger than non crits and Volt's Electric Shield will double the size of those crits.

The 3 main damage multipliers are: Unairu Wisp, Electric Shield and Madurai Void Strike.

Unairu Wisp gives x2 operator damage for 12 seconds when you pick up a wisp.

Electric Shield gives x2 crit multiplier if you shoot your amp through the shield.

Madurai Void Strike is an infinitely stacking damage multiplier that increases the longer you are crouched in operator (void mode). It stacks at a rate of 12% per second. So if you crouch in operator for 20 seconds, your void strike multiplier will be 1 + (0.12 x 20) = 3.4x. If you crouch for 60 seconds, your void strike multiplier will be 1 + (0.12 x 60) = 8.2x. If you go into Plains of Eidolon 15 minutes early and spend the entire time crouched in void mode, you will have 108x damage multiplier.

Your total damage will be unbuffed amp damage x Unairu Wisp x Electric Shield x Void Strike.

So if you stack void strike for 60 seconds, pick up a wisp and crit through an electric shield you will do:

1,494 x 8.2 x 2 x 2 = 49,003 damage.

This is way overkill because you only need to do 34,000 dmg to one shot a Hydrolyst's half shield by yourself. How much void strike do you need to stack to do this? You calculate your damage with wisp and electric shield only, then divide the Hydrolyst's shield hp by that number.

1,494 x 2 x 2 = 5,976 damage (wisp and electric shield only)

34,000 / 5976 = 5.6

So you can one shot Hydrolyst's half shield when you have 5.6x void strike. I just round up to 6x to be safe. I think of 6x void strike as the magic number for propa. When I have 6x void strike, I will be able to one shot any half shield by myself as long as I crit. Since I have 80% crit chance with Virtuos Shadow buff, that means on average 1 out of every 5 shots will not crit. So how much damage will I do if I don't crit?

414 x 6 x 2 = 4,968 damage.

This is the propa non-crit x void strike x unairu wisp. We didn't crit so we don't get the 2x damage from electric shield, which applies to crits only. So that hopefully gives you some idea of how much more damage you will do when you crit with all these damage multipliers compared to when you don't.

If you have reliable teammates that do the same thing and you all shoot at the same time, then you do not even need to reach 6x void strike and you don't need to crit either, just so long as 1 of you does. It is very unlikely that all 3 of you do not crit. The 3 of you shooting in unison will almost always guarantee an instant shield break.

The math for Shraksun is more complicated because it multi hits. Shraksun does a primary impact, up to 3 secondary impacts and an explosion. Every one of these hits can crit.

Primary impact non-crits for 201 damage and crits for 561 damage

Secondary impacts non-crit for 141 damage and crit for 201 damage

Explosion non-crits for 261 damage and crits for 801 damage

So lets say you shoot shraksun point blank through an electric shield, after picking up a unairu wisp with no void strike. And lets say the explosion crits, but none of the other impacts do.

(201 x 2) + (141 x 2) + (141 x 2) + (141 x 2) + (801 x 2 x 2) = 4,452 damage

To calculate how much void strike you need you divide the Hydrolyst half shield hp by that number:

34,000 / 4,452 = 7.6x void strike

If absolutely nothing crits, you need about 11x void strike to guarantee a one shot by yourself. If everything crits you need about 4x void strike.

In the ideal scenario, you will have 3 void strike players and a unairu player and if all the void strikers shoot at the same time, the combined damage will pretty much always be enough to instantly break any half shield. The probability of all 3 Shraksun players getting absolutely zero crits is extremely low. Shraksun is significantly more consistent with crits than Propa, so bad crit rng doesn't affect the group all that much.

But since I use Propa I have mathed out what numbers I need to break shields at certain times.

For example, I know that when Chroma breaks Teralyst's 4th limb, it will fall down and stand up for a headshot 45 seconds later. If everyone does the shrine transition and puts in shard as quickly as possible then immediately operator dashes to the correct lake spawn, it will take roughly 15 seconds to get into position to shoot for gantulyst's full shield.

So as soon as the 4th Teralyst limb breaks, I need 8 fresh void strike shots. If I don't have 8, I will dump my remaining stacks by shooting my prism into the ground until I have 8 and start charging them again. I will have about 60 seconds of void strike charge (an 8.2x void strike multiplier) by the time I need to shoot for Gantulyst. Gantulyst full shield is 58,000 hp approx. I will fire 3 propa shots with wisp and electric shield. I do not assume I have Virtuos Shadow proc because its not worth the time trying to proc it on lake shields. If I get lucky and get the proc while dashing to the lake spawn then great but I assume I have 50% crit chance on lake shields rather than 80% when mathing it out. So of those 3 propa shots fired, I need at least 1 shot to crit. This leaves 5 shots, 1 for each remaining limb, all guaranteed one shots provided they crit.

If something doesn't crit, I run out of void strike shots early and have to shoot propa twice or propa twice/raplak once. But you get used to knowing how many times to shoot the more you do it. It is entirely possible to non-crit 4 or 5 times in a row with Propa. Sometimes you just get unlucky.

Because you are playing 2x3s and possibly 3x3s, I can tell you from experience that most groups will not have unairu wisp at all and often will not have 3x players with madurai void strike. You have to double your void strike multiplier to achieve the same damage as with wisp. For example, if you need a 6x void strike multiplier to one shot a Hydrolyst half shield with a unairu wisp then without the wisp, you will need 12x or you will need to shoot twice. So with less experienced groups, what tends to happen is you burn through void strike charges too quickly and then have to shoot off cooldown for the remaining limbs. Things get messy at this point.

Alls I will say is this: embrace the messiness when it happens. Doing 5x3 or 6x3 is ultimately a team effort and you rely on your teammates to do specific things at specific times. If you don't crit with 6x VS, you rely on your teammates to do it so you don't have to shoot again. In 2x3s your teammates will not be consistent. Sometimes your teammates will make very costly mistakes or not know what to do and thats ok. Just focus on what you can do better and let your teammates learn from their own mistakes.

By playing in imperfect groups, you learn a tonne about how to recover runs that are going really badly and you learn to recognise what a bad run looks like. Secondly, when you finally do get someone with unairu wisp or you get 3x void strikes, you already know what to do and its easy. Then you can focus on other parts of your game to achieve significant time savings.

Lastly even 5x3 groups are frequently less than perfect. Chroma's accidentally break limbs without a charged lure causing the eidolon to teleport. I've seen Chromas accidentally kill Teralyst because they don't have 2 lures charged in time and the whole group has to start over. I've been a Chroma that accidentally killed a Teralyst because I spaced out and wasn't paying attention. People scuff shields and mess up water limbs. People scuff the fast charge. It happens all the time and you can make every one of these mistakes and still get 5 hydrolyst captures in one night, so don't think you need to be perfect because you don't. What these groups are good at is recovering and resetting quickly because they have lots of experience making mistakes and know how to react when someone makes a boo boo. So treat all your mistakes as opportunities to learn and you will get very good, very fast.

On 2019-09-12 at 11:10 PM, Stormwind81 said:

1) You don't need to write anything except H 2x3 LF trin, harrow, volt. Something like that. I personally don't think any capture requirement is necessary for 2x3. If you know what you are doing, you should be able to solo carry 2x3 easily. If you can't do that yet, thats ok. It just means you need to spend more timing playing and learning.

2) See the long screed I posted above the quote.

3) This could be due to several reasons. The most common one is that some or all of the charged lures are more than 50m away from the eidolon when it dies. The ping sound is the audio cue which tells you the precise moment it dies. This could be because the trinity left to go to the shrine too early and the lures followed them. It could be that the trinity went off to get extra lures for the next eidolon and didn't tell anyone else in the group (and they weren't paying attention). Sometimes, the trinity will get killed in operator and transfer back to where their warframe was last standing. If the eidolon walked a long distance, this could be over 50m away and maybe they couldn't get back in time.

It could also be due to bugs. The most annoying one is when a Chroma is not hosting. As non-host if you do too much damage to synovia, the eidolon just dies instantly. If at all possible, the person shooting the limbs should always host. This will prevent this bug from ever happening.

On 2019-09-12 at 11:10 PM, Stormwind81 said:

Any suggestions on that?

If I am solo carrying a 2x3 or 3x3, I will usually insist on playing Volt because of electric shield. This is the only warframe ability that increases amp damage. If I run Volt I know that I can benefit from 2 of the 3 amp damage multipliers (electric shield and void strike) and solo carry eidolon shields if necessary. Also, electric shield doubles your rubico's crit damage when shooting limbs, so a Volt can dps carry limbs too in very sub-optimal groups.

Since mainline there is a bug (?) where eidolon limbs take way too much damage from guns. Until DE fixes it, its pretty easy to dps carry limbs right now.

Edited by Lolacrayola
  • Like 3

Does anyone here have a different description for "when you hear than Ping". That Eidolon makes a lot of noises in the end but ping!?.
Oh, except you mean when Chroma is breaking a limb. That would mean I would have to fly away very very early right after the last shot!?
Also does is make a difference if I switch back to the frame or stay in archwing and what happens if I am somewhere cliping?

And usually in the morning I get more impatient players and one of them complained me having rejuvenation when already 3 others had Corrosive Protection.Someone with >300 caps

Next time I took Energy Siphon when everyone else had CP and was not changing it and then the one complained why I have that. 😎 

3 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

Does anyone here have a different description for "when you hear than Ping". That Eidolon makes a lot of noises in the end but ping!?.

Its the sound at 3 minutes 25 seconds into the video below:

I don't know how else to describe it. Its a loud, sharp "ping" sound. Its the same sound cue for breaking a limb. That sound cue coincides with the exact moment the game checks if there are enough charged lures in range. If you break a limb and there is not at least 1 charged lure within 50m of the eidolon when you hear the ping sound, the eidolon will teleport away. When you headshot the Teralyst and there isn't at least 2 charged lures within 50m, then it will count as a kill instead of a capture.

After you hear the ping sound, there is a death animation that lasts 15 seconds, then the charged lures explode and the loot will spawn. The loot always spawns from the first charged lure that was tethered. Also, the lures do not need to be within 50m range after the ping sound. The game has already determined at that point if it was a kill or a capture and which lure will spawn the loot.

If you continue watching the video after 3 minutes 25 seconds, you will notice that he doesn't wait around after the ping sound. He just starts operator dashing to the shrine. He travels a great enough distance in a short enough time that the lures teleport to where he is standing instead of following over land. You can take advantage of this to spawn the loot wherever you want. In this case, he spawns the loot at the shrine so he can put in the shard immediately.

Edited by Lolacrayola
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

Oh, except you mean when Chroma is breaking a limb. That would mean I would have to fly away very very early right after the last shot!?
Also does is make a difference if I switch back to the frame or stay in archwing and what happens if I am somewhere cliping?

And usually in the morning I get more impatient players and one of them complained me having rejuvenation when already 3 others had Corrosive Protection.Someone with >300 caps

Next time I took Energy Siphon when everyone else had CP and was not changing it and then the one complained why I have that. 😎 

Yes the sound of a limb breaking (high pitched cracking sound) is the Ping. When you hear that you need to blink to the shrine before you hear the eidolon finish it's last cry as that is when the lures explode. The lures will not teleport until you touch ground in your warframe so you need to reach the shrine and stand on it in your frame, only then can you switch back into operator.

He is complaining and is right to do so. In hunts you want 3 people on Corrosive projection with 2 people equipping coaction drift and the Chroma takes Enemy radar. If he was the Chroma that's why he was annoyed. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Zilchy:

Yes the sound of a limb breaking (high pitched cracking sound) is the Ping. When you hear that you need to blink to the shrine before you hear the eidolon finish it's last cry as that is when the lures explode. The lures will not teleport until you touch ground in your warframe so you need to reach the shrine and stand on it in your frame, only then can you switch back into operator.

He is complaining and is right to do so. In hunts you want 3 people on Corrosive projection with 2 people equipping coaction drift and the Chroma takes Enemy radar. If he was the Chroma that's why he was annoyed. 

Well but that doesnt make any sense or I misunderstood you. I know about the CP and CD and I said we all had 3 Corrosive Projection and yet he was complaining about my chosing of the Aura slot. Nobody was referring to the augment slot which in my case is always CD.

Edited by Stormwind81

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Lolacrayola:

Its the sound at 3 minutes 25 seconds into the video below:

I don't know how else to describe it. Its a loud, sharp "ping" sound. Its the same sound cue for breaking a limb. That sound cue coincides with the exact moment the game checks if there are enough charged lures in range. If you break a limb and there is not at least 1 charged lure within 50m of the eidolon when you hear the ping sound, the eidolon will teleport away. When you headshot the Teralyst and there isn't at least 2 charged lures within 50m, then it will count as a kill instead of a capture.

After you hear the ping sound, there is a death animation that lasts 15 seconds, then the charged lures explode and the loot will spawn. The loot always spawns from the first charged lure that was tethered. Also, the lures do not need to be within 50m range after the ping sound. The game has already determined at that point if it was a kill or a capture and which lure will spawn the loot.

If you continue watching the video after 3 minutes 25 seconds, you will notice that he doesn't wait around after the ping sound. He just starts operator dashing to the shrine. He travels a great enough distance in a short enough time that the lures teleport to where he is standing instead of following over land. You can take advantage of this to spawn the loot wherever you want. In this case, he spawns the loot at the shrine so he can put in the shard immediately.

Thanks a lot for your effort!

7 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

Well but that doesnt make any sense or I misunderstood you. I know about the CP and CD and I said we all had 3 Corrosive Projection and yet he was complaining about my chosing of the Aura slot. Nobody was referring to the augment slot which in my case is always CD.

Was he the chroma of the group? The DPS wants to be on Enemy Radar not Corrosive Projection

Edited by Zilchy

5 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

I cannot recall that with the best will in the world but I don't think so. 

Let's forget it. Who know what goes on in a brain that cant tell you what he wants from you but post passive aggressive.

True. Well essentially the reasoning anyway is that since Chroma is the only one not charging void strike he's the only one who should be shooting Vomvalysts to charge the lures and Enemy Radar helps with finding them so the other 3 frames should be taking CP aura.

Edited by Zilchy

Why you don't activate the Bounty when doing a 4x3 ???

Also is there a special trick for Chroma to fill up your first lure so fast. I can be at those glowy places or on the points market in all those guides posted here and sometimes no vomvalyst show up for minutes. And flying around is also sometimes not very effective. It's rng I guess!?

Edited by Stormwind81

16 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

Why you don't activate the Bounty when doing a 4x3 ???

Also is there a special trick for Chroma to fill up your first lure so fast. I can be at those glowy places or on the points market in all those guides posted here and sometimes no vomvalyst show up for minutes. And flying around is also sometimes not very effective. It's rng I guess!?

the bounty doesn't need to be activated because the eidolon spawn as soon you step into POE when it's night time.
For your other question; i suggest you read up this guide: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ixoVySApG_wBiynBkHOai_XJ8zOxwDaAQYywGAQPxs/edit#heading=h.likpmeeefut7

Quoting the part on how to spawn vomvalyst:

When night time clocks in, your DPS will mark the Eidolon, cueing you to perform a log-dash. Unlike what most say, you must log-dash BEFORE the first lure is being taken, not after. This way, you will spawn some vomvalysts in the nearby trees or the hill itself. One or more of your teammates must pin them with a waypoint (default key: G) to let your DPS know where to reach them.

What is a quick (or fast) charge?

Meanwhile, if you are the DPS role, you must waypoint the Eidolon on the first run, which should be waypoint #1 (we will talk about host priority later). Quickly blink to the “camp” lure, which is located in the vicinity to the right of the extraction gate. When your squad performs the log-dash, you may find some vomvalysts already near the lure. If you do find some, kill them and charge the lure in that place. However, if you don’t find any, quickly hack the lure, return near the log-dash area, and look for vomvalysts nearby.

Once at the log-dash area, dismount your archwing and shoot the vomvalysts located by your team with your Shraksun. They will turn into their spectral form. Then, you will wait for your lure to teleport, so they can charge it. Once your lure has been charged, return back to your frame and archwing/run your way to the teralyst. This is the definition of a Quick Charge.

For a TL;DR: You will charge your lure in the lowest amount of time to give Unairu Wisps to your Madurai players by the Teralyst before he gets vulnerable. This way, your team will be fast enough to take down the first shield.

Edited by symisz
  • Like 1

Does it matter if too many people have CD? like I always hear 2 is enough but is their a problem if 3 have it?
Its confusing me cause its NEARLY the same thing with CP (3)! Where with CP I get it because of the armor reduction

Edited by Stormwind81