Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 17 - Accepted Items

[DE]Taylor

Hey @[DE]Taylor, i tried messaging you around a week ago on the forums, but didn't get any replies. I don't know if it's a bug but i'll try asking here then.

I submitted my skin around a week past the deadline, which is probably why i didn't get any feedback. I would really appreciate it if could get some critique.

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1853595904&tscn=1568521642

075AD1DED583E39203E107FCC618FF0E3CE7546F

Edited by Goosmo

En 12/9/2019 a las 19:24, Lluminate dijo:

This, lol.

Some great skins in there, but mostly for frames that already have great stuff, and the frame I was hoping to see stuff for only got the guaranteed Graxx (Baruuk). No Mantra, Blade of the Lotus, or Savannah helmet for him?

There were so many other amazing things in the workshop this time around 😕

Men really hoping for Baruuk Blade of the Lotus, i feeld kind of dissapoint, he is one that most needs skins

Happy to see the graxx skins get in (like they ever wouldn’t), and that ivara skin looks great... but the onyro revenant helmet got passed over again (it’s been 2 rotations since it’s been out)? And you only put in Wisp Diva’s armor piece, why not the whole?

come on DE, we got plenty of saryn and frost skins for now. They can wait their turn. Please start getting some of the others out there.

Edited by Shadedraxe

On 2019-09-13 at 4:14 AM, Kuez said:

I'm sorry, but #BringTheOldJotunheimBack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hide contents

And if somebody wonders what I mean, here:
Image result for warframe jotunheim

We need to stan! I saw the old one and fall in love. I didn’t know the skin got changed although the helmet is still there :\

Edited by (PS4)s3d_sas

34 minutes ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

We need to stan! I saw the old one and fall in love. I didn’t know the skin got changed although the helmet is still there 😕

Yea we are all with you probably the 3D artist is not happy about it but if the belts are the problem in old version and this is the reason why there are removed,then why the hell ash skin from yatus and hitsusan have skin with belts on their Ash tennogen skins... sometimes I just don't understand the rules about tennogen skins. Why all restrictions,graxx is also good example that it works fine,so why he did change old skin I don't think that no 1 knows... 😖😑🤔🤔 old whose instant buy and now im not so shore,because its similar to prime version...

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, Shadedraxe said:

Happy to see the graxx skins get in (like they ever wouldn’t), and that ivara skin looks great... but the onyro revenant helmet got passed over again (it’s been 2 rotations since it’s been out)?

The Onryo probably wasn't accepted this round because it wasn't updated this round, nothing much DE can do besides reminding the creator (besides if I recall correctly, they were trying to convert the helmet into a full skin, so that's something that can definitely take some time). This applies to any item that wasn't updated, such as the ION Cloak or Nighthunter Syandana.

1 hour ago, Shadedraxe said:

come on DE, we got plenty of saryn and frost skins for now. They can wait their turn. Please start getting some of the others out there.

Doesn't that seem unfair for the artists who made those skins for the Warframes though? Unless the skin has no thematic connection to the Warframe, that could make sense and understandable, but just based on the Warframe itself is silly. And as far as I know, there has never been an item that has purposefully taken the place of another.

I think there is a good reason that some skins get altered or turned down.  Sometimes, the skins look like the warframe is wearing clothes.  That's honestly pretty weird and it was a design flaw with some of the original skins and tennogen stuff.  But in 2019, warframes are not getting up in the morning, taking a shower, and putting on a jacket.  These are machines, and they should look like an organic and machine hybrid, and sometimes infested.  I can even understand a mineral-based or rock-themed warframe, but a warframe that puts on a bodysuit or some boots before they go out adventuring doesn't make any sense.  This is a problem that Mag has with all of her skins.  She's just a gal in a bodysuit until the Pneuma skin came along. Now she's definitely not wearing a suit.  

Anyway, I hope more stuff gets through next time.  I love fashionframe as much as the next tenno and appreciate all the hard work that goes into this.  Thanks artists and DE 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proslackernifty said:

I think there is a good reason that some skins get altered or turned down.  Sometimes, the skins look like the warframe is wearing clothes.  That's honestly pretty weird and it was a design flaw with some of the original skins and tennogen stuff.  But in 2019, warframes are not getting up in the morning, taking a shower, and putting on a jacket.  These are machines, and they should look like an organic and machine hybrid, and sometimes infested.  I can even understand a mineral-based or rock-themed warframe, but a warframe that puts on a bodysuit or some boots before they go out adventuring doesn't make any sense.  This is a problem that Mag has with all of her skins.  She's just a gal in a bodysuit until the Pneuma skin came along. Now she's definitely not wearing a suit.  

Anyway, I hope more stuff gets through next time.  I love fashionframe as much as the next tenno and appreciate all the hard work that goes into this.  Thanks artists and DE 😊

They're *not* actually machines though.

Lore states that they're more or less re-animated corpses. That's not going into further detail regarding the Infestation and what not, but the all boils down to the insides of a frame being organic. Hell, you said it yourself.

Frames that are bodies that require the usual functions to survive. Bodies that require armor for protection. That's why frames are capable of bleeding.

The fact that they are bodies further support why those kinds of designs *can* make sense.

I also think you're just looking at a coincidence. There's a number of skins that get in even in recent times that reflect the fact that underneath the armor *are* bodies, and thus use clothing or accessories because it just looks more natural than just... bolting plates of steel all over a frame as if they were a tank.

An older but DE designed example would be the Excalibur Proto skin. Newer examples would be Mesa Prime, who I swear looks like she's wearing ass-less chaps.

Not to mention Limbo, who is quite literally wearing a suit; complete with cuffs on the wrists. Why would a frame need coat tails?

It's because it's just a cool looking style, and shouldn't be looked that far into. That's why having belts and S#&$ on a frame isn't that crazy.

There's a few lore-breaking skins such as the very, very recent Harrow deluxe skin where he's missing a huge chunk of his torso, but hey; atleast he seems to still have a heart in there. So I don't think DE's problems is down to your specific theory.

Edited by Triburos

On 2019-09-12 at 5:12 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

I am happy that Erneix's Kuvael skin for Ivara was accepted as I will be getting it. But please, Ivara Zamariu skin (by Led2012 and Daemonstar) is absolutely beautiful too. Please let that skin in for Ivara too, on next Tennogen round (so that I can buy it too!): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1825712913&searchtext=

• Like 1

On 2019-09-13 at 11:49 PM, Triburos said:

Eeyup

Though I kinda prefer the older version of the Jotenheim skin, and if I had to wager a guess, I'd assume that the changes came due to DE's requests. Here's a side-by-side of the old version and the new version respectively

The energy went from a sleek, rune-ic design to a far more generic look, and the body lost the belt-straps and fancy patterns. This is also evident on the syandana.

Maybe they didn't want it stepping on the toes of their own Prime design so they wanted it to be taken down in terms of detail hehehe

It's still a damn good skin mind you, and this is just me guessing that the changes were made due to DE input. It could very well be MZ-3 making them on his own and to be honest, it doesn't even matter; picking it up without a doubt, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer the old version.

Soz to those who didn't get their favorites in this round. But there's a lot of good talent in the community, and rounds can only be so big.

I'm a big fan of Loki, already bought almost all the available skins for him and was really looking forward to this one, but... this new skin is not the one I saw and was ready to insta-buy. What really happened, only the creator and DE know, but its a bit shame to ruin that incredible and detailed skin into that more generic one, as fellow Triburos already said.

Yes it is going to be in my wish/shopping list but the previous version was already "in my Loki's closet waiting to put on".

Generally I like most skins, still there are so many amazing skins left aside. Congrats to all tennogen creators, you all doing amazing job, hope you see your work accepted and added in a following Round (and having those tenno-rounds more often).

8 hours ago, Triburos said:

Newer examples would be Mesa Prime, who I swear looks like she's wearing ass-less chaps.

You're extremely right about Mesa and Harrow's skin.  They really break my theory, and both made by DE. Mesa's thong and chaps drive me crazy and I need to get her a tennogen skin now.  She's also wearing boots.  

As for Harrow... yeah I don't know what's going on there. I thought he was a priest, but now he's a mummy priest? Or something?

24 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

I feel like y'all should have allowed people to make full armor sets, rather than starting with one piece. Now when you do eventually open up for the other pieces you'll have to bundle them up.

Price for prime access,why would buy something that is 50$ when you can get for 5-10$ marketing that everyone understand and doesn't like but its good for DE....All we can bee is happy that they give us little something for normal price,then to got nothing.

Edited by Vlada91

no heavy blade skins, this is dissapointing, many of the players like polearms more than heavy blades, we can't change it,

my most wanted skins: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1845267046&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1410302093&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1830844279&searchtext=  

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1574487770&searchtext= 

another skip round, maybe the next round but i don't think,

before we get a good heavy blade skin, DE delete all heavy blades ingame,

Edited by the_rollins