Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Sonar Bugged?

goozilla

Is Sonar bugged? It seems to expire after the first hit, at least visually. It also doesn't show up on enemies under the effects of elemental damage (visually). Also, due to Ancient's hitboxes on their FEET, you can't hit it if Sonar decides to choose that area as the 4x spot.

Kinda a downer for playing Banshee.

Both Banshee and Volt seem to have specialized uses. I only ever use Volt for soloing Corpus bosses, and I only ever use electric shield for him. As far as I can tell, his ulti sucks (no invuln) and his first ability is near useless. I actually really like Volt for the purpose of what I use him for, but that's about it. 

As for Banshee, I don't know of anyone that uses Silence. Sound Quake is nice on light enemies but that's about it. I use Sonic Boom extensively though, and I never really need Sonar except for bosses because everything dies so fast in this game. 

Both Banshee and Volt seem to have specialized uses. I only ever use Volt for soloing Corpus bosses, and I only ever use electric shield for him. As far as I can tell, his ulti sucks (no invuln) and his first ability is near useless. I actually really like Volt for the purpose of what I use him for, but that's about it. 

As for Banshee, I don't know of anyone that uses Silence. Sound Quake is nice on light enemies but that's about it. I use Sonic Boom extensively though, and I never really need Sonar except for bosses because everything dies so fast in this game. 

I.. don't see how this is relevant to Sonar being bugged.

i know the problem he speaks of

its other peoples abilities, amongest a few other things, that will cancel your sonar

thanks to the chorus helmet and streamline the cost of sonar is very cheap so just recast it often, for this reason alone there is no need to fit any duration mods on your banshee as it doesnt benefit sonic boom or sound quake and sonar itself has a fairly long innate duration.. and no one uses silence ofc

also if you can get a feel for your team when they use their ability, u can be sure to cast it immediately AFTER and not before 

either way yes its almost a bug, ive been calling for sonar to not be cancelled so easily by states and abilities

also in light of soundquake nerfs.. it would be ideal to allow duration mods to increase its duration to provide prolonged stabber and increased utility aka support frame - these 2 changes would be a nice small buff to banshee