Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A volunteer translator was treated unfairly!

NO_LIU

Just learned that translator was actually kicked, temporarily do not know what to say.This is worse than playing a game for a long time and receiving the news that DE has banned your account.Before the translator became a volunteer, DE's translations were all mechanical, but machine translation is very bad for our language habits.We don't want to watch it!Translator translated for us for 5 years before we could see the nearly perfect translation.What let him translate so long but do not ask for return, is love!!!How many people have played this game for 5 years?Not only did he play for so long, but he also translated for us for free for 5 years.But DE said kick him?There is no detailed explanation.Is it the increasing popularity of warframes?This is unfair to the translator who has been working so hard.I wish DE would explain it to him.I'm not asking DE to bring back the translator.After this matter, I believe that he is not willing to come back, just want to wish him a bright future, not because of this matter affected him.
(this article is machine turn!!!(from a player with 2000+ hours in the game)

• Like 4

To DE:

I am a Warframe Simplified Chinese channels's  player and I am shocked by this.

I hope that jxtichi012 can get clear violations of regulations and time violations, not fuzzy feedback emails.

Then expressed concern about the quality of future translations, and now the text is still preserved in the game.

jxtichi012 announcement :

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv3587325

Maybe DE does not know what its translation level actually is. About Chinese translation, anyone who interests can compare the difference between Simplified Chinese version of Total War: THREE KINGDOMS and its Traditional Chinese version(This version have obvious sign of mechanical translation). What I want to say is that the difference between simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese and, what is more, not everyone fits for translation. Do not tell me that DE make translation more standardized, What I know is that the translation from DE is far less standardized than even a volunteer. You should study the Simplified Chinese translation level of Nintendo.

As for the reason that jxtichi012 is kicked, a reasonable explanation is needed from DE because he is devoting for this game for five years and provides high-quality translation. It is confirmed by my analysis is that this so-called leaks and rude do not leads to this kick from the perspective of time. In the recent several months, the Simplified Chinese translation is not in one step, and with multiple rework done by volunteers. Using volunteers is not a shame for players at all, but what is the purpose of kicking a professional volunteer and let nonprofessional take over it?

Medicine is bitter for you but it can cure diseases, and the dosage is always not to the point of toxicity. Since you do not want to take medicine, you do not blame us for not giving you medicine when you are going to death.

• Like 1

就在这两天,担任简体中文区翻译任务近5年的志愿者“jxtichi012”因为被判定为“泄露机密”和“粗鲁对待DE员工”而被踢出了翻译组。然而DE方面并没有给出任何证据,只是单方面宣称其违反了NDA的部分条款,尤其是对于“粗鲁对待DE员工”这一条,这令人匪夷所思。根据“jxtichi012”本人的描述,他被认为是“粗鲁对待DE员工”最有可能的原因是“在《阿尔特拉的圣者》更新后,他在聊天组群内公开表达‘这次的翻译内容像是机器翻译’的观点”,并且在聊天过程中并没有使用侮辱性的文字。

对于简体中文区的翻译问题,玩家们普遍认为存在翻译不恰当和“jxtichi012”提到的机器翻译的现象,并多次通过“jxtichi012”向翻译组提出意见。例如,在某次更新后,原先WUKONG的自带武器“定海神针”被修改为“金箍铁棒”,原因是因为DE的翻译人员认为“金箍铁棒”的翻译更符合英文原文“ iron staff”。事实上,“ iron staff”一词来源于中国四大名著之一的《西游记》,在原文中为“定海神珍”亦称“如意金箍棒”,而在中国玩家中“定海神针”一词更为常用。在名称修改前后,“jxtichi012”曾多次向翻译组反映玩家的反对意见,但翻译组仍执意将“铁”字加入翻译甚至否决折中的“金箍棒”一词,显然这样的行为伤害了简体中文区玩家对Warframe的感情。类似的事件也在《金星平原》更新的时候发生过。

“jxtichi012”作为简体中文区的翻译志愿者,一直以来牺牲个人的休息时间为我们义务翻译更新日志。大到“主线更新”小到“热修”,很长一段时间内都是“jxtichi012”在为玩家翻译。他也因此受到几乎所有国际服玩家的尊敬和喜爱。作为一个志愿者他不仅出色地完成了他的任务,同样也承担起了DE官方和简体中文区玩家之间纽带的角色。“jxtichi012”时常会在社交平台(Bilibili、贴吧等)上搬运官方视频、宣传官方的活动和政策(包括DE一系列的慈善活动和TennoCon相关内容等)、解答关于翻译名称来源的一些疑问,帮助简体中文区玩家反馈BUG、撰写“如何在论坛上报问题”的教程等等。“jxtichi012”在简体中文区对于Warframe做出的贡献远远超过大多数人的想象,甚至连DE官方都没有认识到这一点。如今“jxtichi012”受到如此不公正的待遇,不仅是简体中文区玩家的损失还是DE官方的巨大损失。除此之外,这次事件对于许多热爱Waframe并在游戏内投入大量心血的玩家的伤害也是不可估量的。希望DE官方能够重视这一点。

中国有一句谚语:“冰冻三尺非一日之寒”。正是因为DE对于玩家的长期重视,Warframe才能够受世界玩家的广泛欢迎。反而言之,屡次漠视玩家的呼吁做出伤害核心用户感情的行为,终将造成玩家流失并使Warframe由盛转衰,由CY代理的国服即是一个很好的例子。常言道:水能载舟亦能覆舟,勿谓言之不预!

直到DE官方书面正式就此事作出回应之前,我不会修改我的Steam评价,毕竟游戏翻译也是游戏体验非常重要的一部分。如果这篇文章被删除或锁定,欢迎大家复制重发。

以下是“jxtichi012”在社交平台上的日常摘录,可以看出他对Warframe的热爱和付出:
Warframe【教程系列】如何上报问题到官方论坛
https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv3388818
Warframe【来自官方论坛】关于你和第三方软件的官方告知
https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv2952524
Warframe 翻译手记-番外篇第三集
https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv1764628
各种BUG反馈
https://h.bilibili.com/31629359
https://h.bilibili.com/22506935
Warframe 档案 - Gauss
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av65529339
Warframe 开发者直播#130
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av64069311

谢谢你们!
我将要就大家关心的几个问题做进一步的解释。

Q:为什么jxtichi012本人没有来说明这件事
A:jxtichi012是一名留学生,最近他忙于学习和生活所以没有更多的时间关注这方面的事件。最开始他本人并不愿意就这件事情向DE要求进一步的说明(根据他自己的经验,他认为DE在这种问题上只会给出模棱两可的答案。),他也不希望我们将这一件事扩大化。但是我们在中国的社交网站上广泛地讨论过这件事之后,认为我们有必要在这件事上向DE要求明确的解释而且我们也不想失去这样一个优秀的内容提供者。jxtichi012本人并不反对我们代表他在这件事情上发表意见。

Q:为什么在论坛发表?
A:首先,语言上的隔阂使得中国玩家很难将自己的观点和想法转达给DE。其次,中文区的客服人手不足而又有巨大的工作量。通常玩家的请求是在至少15天之后被回复的。我们不希望给客服添麻烦,也不希望这件事被一拖再拖。除此之外,中文区玩家没有自己的论坛,所以希望将这件事告诉其它母语是英语的玩家,让DE重视这件事。

Q:jxtichi012是否真的泄漏了关键信息?
A:鉴于我们对NDA的模糊认识和他目前给出的信息,我们无法给出一个确切的结论。因此,我们更希望DE方面给出确凿的证据来证明他们判断。据我所知,在民事诉讼中通常有这样一条“当事人对自己提出的主张,有责任提供证据。”。我们非常乐意看到,DE拿出证据来支持它的观点。

ps:中国的玩家更关注jxtichi012是如何“粗鲁”对待DE员工的,以及这样的行为是否真的足以作为开出jxtichi012的理由。他们认为如果DE不能给出关于“泄漏信息”和“粗鲁对待DE员工”的明确证据和充分解释,那么这就表明jxtichi012被不公平地针对了。

我之后会抽空翻译jxtichi012的个人公告,希望大家能持续关注。

我的英语水平有限,需要借助翻译工具,对于延迟的回复我表示抱歉。再次感谢大家的关心!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On these two days, jxtichi012, a volunteer who has been working as a translator in the Simplified Chinese Language Area for nearly five years, was kicked out of the translation team for being judged to have "leaked secrets" and "treated DE employees rudely". However, the DE side did not give any evidence[1], but unilaterally claimed that it violated some of the provisions of NDA, especially for the "rude treatment of DE employees", which is inconceivable. According to jxtichi012's own description[2], he is considered to be the most likely reason for "rude treatment of DE employees" is that "after the update of Altera's Saint, he publicly expressed in the chat group the view that"this translation is like machine translation"and did not use insulting language in the chat process.

As for the translation of simplified Chinese area, players generally believe that there is improper translation and machine translation mentioned by jxtichi012, and have made comments to the translation team through jxtichi012. For example, after a certain update, the original WUKONG weapon "定海神针" was changed to "金箍铁棒", because DE translators believe that the translation of "金箍铁棒" is more in line with the English original "iron staff". In fact, the word "iron staff" comes from one of China's four famous works "Journey to the West", in the original text for "定海神珍" also known as "如意金箍棒", and in Chinese players, "定海神针" is more commonly used. Before and after the name modification, jxtichi012 has repeatedly reflected the objections of the players to the translation team, but the translation team still insists on adding the word "iron"("铁"in chinese) to the translation or even rejects the compromised word "金箍棒", which obviously hurts the feelings of the players in the Simplified Chinese area towards Warframe. Similar incidents occurred when Venus Plain was updated.

Jxtichi012 as a translation volunteer in simplified Chinese area, has been sacrificing personal rest time to translate and update logs for us. For a long time, jxtichi012 has been translating for players, ranging from "main line update" to "hot fix". He is also respected and loved by almost all Simplified Chinese Players. As a volunteer, he not only accomplished his task brilliantly, but also played an important role in the link between DE official and Simplified Chinese Players. Jxtichi012 often carries official videos on social platforms (Bilibili, Post Bar, etc.), publicizes official activities and policies (including a series of charitable activities of DE and TennoCon related content etc.), answers some questions about the origin of translated names, helps Simplified Chinese Players feedback BUG, and writes "How to reporting problems in forum" , etc[3]. Jxtichi012 has contributed much more to Warframe in the Simplified Chinese Language Area than most people imagine, even the DE official did not realize this. Nowadays, jxtichi012 has been treated so unfairly, not only for the loss of players in Simplified Chinese area, but also for the huge loss of DE official. In addition, the damage to many players who love Waframe and devote a lot of effort to the game is immeasurable. I hope DE officials can attach importance to this point.

There is a Chinese proverb: "Three feet frozen ice is not caused by one day's coldness". It is because DE values its players for a long time  that Warframe can be widely welcomed by players in the world. On the contrary, repeated disregard of players'appeals and acts harmful to core users' feelings will eventually result in loss of players and make Warframe from prosperity to decline. The Chinese server operated by Changyou is a good example. As the saying goes: water can carry a boat and overturn it, so don't say it's unpredictable!

I will not revise my Steam evaluation until the official written response of DE is made. After all, game translation is also a very important part of the game experience. If this article is deleted or locked, you are welcome to copy and republish.

[1]Official reply

aa29f4de9c82d1585e542aa58f0a19d8bd3e42f4

[2]Jxtichi012's Personal announcement (in Chinese)

Https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv3587325

https://t.bilibili.com/298513670322289391 

[3]The following is a daily excerpt of "jxtichi012" on the social platform, which shows his love and devotion to Warframe:

How to Report Questions to the Official Forum by Warframe

Https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv3388818

Warframe Official Notification of You and Third Party Software

Https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv2952524

Warframe Translator's Notes - Episode III of Panwai Paper

Https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv1764628

BUG Feedback

Https://h.bilibili.com/31629359

Https://h.bilibili.com/22506935

Warframe Archives - Gauss

Https://www.bilibili.com/video/av65529339

Warframe Developer Live Broadcast

Https://www.bilibili.com/video/av64069311

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for you guys!

I'm going to make further explanations on several issues of concern to you.

Q: Why hasn't jxtichi012 explained it personally?

A: jxtichi012 is an international student. Recently, he is busy with studying and living, so he doesn't have enough time to pay attention to this issue. At first, he himself was reluctant to ask DE for further explanation on this matter (based on his own experience, he thought DE would only give ambiguous answers to this question). And he doesn't want us to expand this matter. But after discussing it extensively on Chinese social networking sites, we think we have good reasons to ask DE for a clear explanation about it and we don't want to lose such an excellent content provider. Jxtichi012 himself has no objection to our comment on this matter on behalf of him.

Q: Why was it published in the forum?

A: First of all, language barriers make it difficult for Chinese players to convey their views and ideas to DE. Secondly, the customer service staff in the Chinese area is insufficient and has a huge workload. Usually the player's request is answered at least 15 days later. We don't want to make trouble for customer service, nor do we want this matter to be delayed again and again. In addition, players in the Chinese area do not have their own forums, so I hope to tell other native English speakers this matter, let DE attach importance to this matter.

Q: Has jxtichi012 really leaked key information?

A: Given our vague understanding of NDA and the information he has given, we can't draw a definite conclusion. Therefore, we hope that the DE side will give conclusive evidence to prove their judgment. As far as I know, there is usually a clause in civil litigation that "the parties have the responsibility to provide evidence for their own claims." We are very happy to see that DE has come up with evidence to support its point of view.

Ps: Chinese players are more concerned about how jxtichi012 treats DE employees "rudely" and whether such behavior is really enough to justify the punish of jxtichi012. They argue that if DE fails to provide clear evidence and adequate explanations of "leaking information" and "rude treatment of DE employees", then this indicates that jxtichi012 has been unfairly targeted.

I will take time to translate the personal announcement of jxtichi012 later. I hope you will continue to pay attention to it.

My English is limited. I need to use translation tools. I apologize for the delay in answering. Thank you again for your concern!

Edited by Hamster-frame
update
  • Like 5

Il y a 1 heure, div2009 a dit :

To DE:

I am a Warframe Simplified Chinese channels's  player and I am shocked by this.

I hope that jxtichi012 can get clear violations of regulations and time violations, not fuzzy feedback emails.

Then expressed concern about the quality of future translations, and now the text is still preserved in the game.

jxtichi012 announcement :

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv3587325

il y a 13 minutes, Firetempest a dit :

They broke rules. They seem to admit to them and blames perhaps being to young to understand the consequences?

That's what happens in a professional environment. You get fired.

I agree with your view.However,according to jxtichi012, these things seem to have happened before the NDA was signed.

My question is, why it the OP, somebody else, a personally uninvolved third party, posting this?

He doesn't seem to be a profesional jounalist, otherwise he'd have released the information through his own official ways.

To me, this seems more like white knighting.

And since there is a lack of a response from DE, this is a very onesided arguement.