Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A volunteer translator was treated unfairly!

NO_LIU

So let me understand, 

1) You are outraged, 

2) cause DE revoked the volunteer rights of an individual. 

Well sure i suppose, but what is the loss to the individual? DE reserves the right to add or remove any individual from their program with or without valid reason (remember gotl program?) 

3) Said individual may or may not have leaked private information (he has from what I am reading) and been rude to certain staff. 

4) you want confirmation from DE on this. 

Ok, fair enough to ask for confirmation, but why the forums in general discussion? Can you not PM one of the staff and ask for clarification? Sounds fishy and an attempt to gain popularity and build pressure (double fishy due to the bombing)

My stance :

If he did leak information (signing the NDA is irrelevant) DE revoking his rights is fine and fair. Not sure if rudeness is enough of a reason though. 

If he did these things 5 years ago, I too would like to know why it took so long to get him removed, I have heard of support being slow, but this is rather ridiculous. 

If he has done these recently, I don't think it needs to be justified, it is fine. 

• Like 4

il y a 11 minutes, Kaotyke a dit :

Oh my god...

So, you are telling us he was treated "unfairly" even though you dont know the reason why he was taken out of the program in the first place aside from "He was removed" and have you and your compatriots just review bomb and spam the forums for something you dont know the reason why it happened aside from the consequences...

Please read my whole post again.

il y a 8 minutes, Walkampf a dit :

We? No, you maybe. But a very large number of chinese people are just reviewbombing the game.

Tell me what is the definition of 'reviewbombin'.People have their right to comment on games, don't they? If they think the localization experience is bad, why can't they comment?Just because they have a large number?

7 minutes ago, Hamster-frame said:

Tell me what is the definition of 'reviewbombin'.People have their right to comment on games, don't they? If they think the localization experience is bad, why can't they comment?Just because they have a large number?

"A review bomb is an Internet phenomenon in which large groups of people leave negative user reviews online in an attempt to harm the sales and/or popularity of a product, particularly to draw attention to an issue with the product or its vendor."

Basically, instead of leaving an actual review of what they think of the product, a bunch of people give it a negative "review" all at once to make a statement- typically about something unrelated to the game itself. It's using reviews as a weapon, instead of a tool to inform people about the actual product.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hamster-frame said:

Tell me this - have the quality of the game changed becouse of letting go some 1 random guy that was doing volunteer work?

Reviews are supposed to help to judge the quality of the game. Review bombing serves only as an anger venting machine and is usually an immature way of dealing with any situation.

Up to this point your posts were sound and reasonable. But trying to defend petty reviewbombing...sorry but you lost me here m8.

Edited by binioslaw
spelling
  • Like 6

I don't care if he signed the NDA or not, if he was a volunteer or not. None of that matters. All that matters is that DE needs competent people in their teams.

If this translator did leak intel it matters not if he signed a sheet of paper. It just shows his lack of integrity, young or not, NDA or not, and its logical for DE to take such measures when they find out someone from their team can't be trusted.

Worst scenario, had he signed and broken the NDA, he could be sued. So I'd account myself very happy if I was him.

• Like 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Hamster-frame:

Previously there were about 20 bad reviews per day for Warframe, today alone there were written 300 negative reviews.

Since there wasn't a major patch in the last 24h the gameplay experience hasn't chanced from yesterday.

The only thing that has changed is the fact, that the Translator has been excluded from the volunteer program, with no official reasons, yet.

And people still slander DE.

Without even waiting for any statement. The translator even alraedy admited actually having broken the terms of the NDA.

So these people are nothing more than an angry mob with torches and pitchforks.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

"A review bomb is an Internet phenomenon in which large groups of people leave negative user reviews online in an attempt to harm the sales and/or popularity of a product, particularly to draw attention to an issue with the product or its vendor."

Basically, instead of leaving an actual review of what they think of the product, a bunch of people give it a negative "review" all at once to make a statement- typically about something unrelated to the game itself. It's using reviews as a weapon, instead of a tool to inform people about the actual product.

8 minutes ago, binioslaw said:

Tell me this - have the quality of the game changed becouse of letting go some 1 random guy that was doing volunteer work?

Reviews are supposed to help to judge the quality of the game. Review bombing serves only as an anger venting machine and is usually an immature way of dealing with any situation.

Up to this point your posts were sound and reasonable. But trying to defend petty reviewbombing...sorry but you lost me here m8.

7 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Previously there were about 20 bad reviews per day for Warframe, today alone there were written 300 negative reviews.

Since there wasn't a major patch in the last 24h the gameplay experience hasn't chanced from yesterday.

The only thing that has changed is the fact, that the Translator has been excluded from the volunteer program, with no official reasons, yet.

And people still slander DE.

Without even waiting for any statement. The translator even alraedy admited actually having broken the terms of the NDA.

So these people are nothing more than an angry mob with torches and pitchforks.

In other words, @Hamster-frame: they are not helping the case of the volunteer. They are comming around as petty. Some of those reviews I read are being negative just because of that. Also, most of those I saw only had 1 Review in their Review Story: the very topic of the guy who was excluded.

This is not painting them or the chinese community in a good light.

• Like 12

il y a 30 minutes, Hamster-frame a dit :

你認真的?你原本的發言都沒錯,但你這句話只會讓大家覺得你在為那些毒瘤做不理智的辯解,瞬間暴增的300負評論,還需要大家為你解是啥是正確的評論方式嗎?沒必要吧,這評論方式對錯與否全世界人都懂,我想大家也是沒必要真的去跟你解釋這點了,你們真的要幫助那位翻譯大老是要好好的去寄信給官方甚至可以弄個連屬信,而不是用這種方式,一度的偏離,且加深世界上對中國人的負印象,一點用處都沒有。

• Like 4

il y a 45 minutes, Hamster-frame a dit :

身為一個長期玩DNF甚至在5E上打CSGO的人,我認識很多中國朋友,所以我很清楚不管哪裡人都有好有壞,但是這種大量製造評論的歪風,明顯是糟糕的,只是單純的在製造困擾或許那些人就是不高興單純想製造困擾,但這又顯現了一點,那些網民塑造出了,你讓中國人不爽,我就不停製造大量困擾給你的概念,這不就是流氓混混之為嗎,這只是在詆毀自己國家的形象罷了,到了現在我也不指望他們改善了,但我只能說如果我是官方,假如我現在承認錯誤,這樣會讓人覺得,我並不是在像這位翻譯者道歉,而是因為這堆流氓行為而向他道歉,國際上也會認為,這件事情的結果就只是,一堆人使用了流氓手段,所導致的結果,到頭來翻譯者本人只會獲得一個,流氓國家翻譯者的感覺,這對國家本身還有他本人都是一種恥辱好嗎。

• Like 3

Going to lock this with an interim message until DE staff have a chance to reply, if any reply is deemed necessary beyond my locking message.

If a volunteer was removed for leaking NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) information, this means the volunteer disclosed information to other people (or the public) that they specifically agreed not to disclose, violating an agreement they signed with Digital Extremes. The violation of this agreement is grounds for removal. Moreover, it's extremely unlikely that DE will disclose the information which the volunteer violated their NDA by disclosing--this information, due to the nature of it violating the NDA if disclosed--can/should/is considered proprietary information, or company secrets. Letting someone go, whether it's a volunteer or employee, is par for the course when an NDA is violated; in some cases legal action may be pursued depending on how severe the violation or how the information was disclosed.

I urge users to keep in mind that you will likely only ever hear one side of the story--the volunteer's--and should take what you read about the situation with a grain of salt. Just like when a player is banned, warned or punished for violating the rules, the circumstances of a volunteer's dismissal or an employee being let go is considered a private matter, and out of respect for that person's privacy, it is extremely unlikely that DE will publicly release information that could be considered damning or could cause irreparable harm to that person's reputation.

• Like 20

We initially tried posting this on Tieba but it unfortunately got caught by the automoderator. We wanted to ensure the community sees it, so we are also posting here for visibility.

==================================

你好 Tenno,

你们当中有些人已经得悉,上周我们对志愿者翻译团队进行了一项改动,并且我们想要为那些随时关注我们社区的玩家澄清这个情况。

我们对于延迟公开发表关于这个事件上的声明表示真诚的歉意,并且我们也明白我们的中文 Tenno 会希望了解导致这个情况的原因。

我们不会把志愿者从我们的志愿者计划中草率移除,并且这种移除是在经过深切的考虑后而进行的。我们之前有提供志愿者一个关于计划的规则事项以及最近添加的志愿者协议来让我们能与他们分享未公布的资讯-有时候会有违反这些规则的情况发生,因此我们需要提醒 Tenno 关于这些规则。

比如,这是我们公布在私密 Discord 与我们翻译团队分享的规则:

image.png

可是当志愿者多次违规后,我们有必要将其从我们的志愿者计划里移除。出于对该位在我们志愿者计划里对 Warframe 投入了时间和热枕的 Tenno 的尊重,我们不会透露他从这个志愿者计划离开的确切原因,但这些决定都经过了深思熟虑和审核。

我们希望我们中文 Tenno 得到聆听和支持。

我们的中文客服人数今年已翻倍来致力达到这个目标,并且我们承诺会更体贴玩家的需求,此外会继续改进及润色我们的本地化内容。谢谢大家。

- Warframe 中文客服团队

A screenshot of our Tieba post can be found here:

Spoiler

tieba announcement.JPG

An English translation can be found below as well:

Spoiler

Greetings, Tenno

As some of you are aware, a change was made to our volunteer translation team last week, and we wanted to shed some light on this situation for those in our community who have been following it closely.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in commenting publicly about this matter and we understand that our Chinese Tenno would appreciate clarifications on what led us to this situation.

We do not remove people from our volunteer programs lightly, and such removals are made after great consideration. Our volunteers are provided with a list of program guidelines and a (recently-added) volunteer agreement that allow us to share unreleased information with them -- sometimes a violation of these guidelines occurs, which prompts us to remind Tenno of them.

For example, this was posted in the private Discord we share with our translation team:

image.png

However, when multiple violations occur, removal from our volunteer programs is necessary.  

Out of respect for the Tenno who have contributed their time and passion to Warframe in our volunteer programs, we do not disclose the exact reasons for their departure from these programs, but these decisions are made with great consideration and review.

We want our Chinese Tenno to be heard and supported. Our Chinese staff has doubled this year alone to do just that, and we are committed to being more sensitive to player concerns, in addition to making improvements and adding polish to our localized content.

Thank you,
Warframe Chinese Community Support

• Like 8