Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A volunteer translator was treated unfairly!

NO_LIU

It would help us, who are using the English forum and are most likely unable to understand Chinese, if we could get a translation of Jxtichi012's announcement. Google Translate isn't exactly the best when it comes to translating entire blocks of text, so I can only get a vague idea of what he's saying.

There is a respected translation volunteer here and his name is jxtichi012, but he has been treated unfairly.

Firstly let's see what he did for warframe,he has been translating every update, hotfix and Chinese wiki editor of warframe from English to Chinese since FIVE YEARS ago until the 25.7.5 hotfix.He translate properly every time to let the Chinese players know what has been updated or what has been changed.

You equivocated that he was leaking secrets and insulting DE staff members from the translation team.(Here is the original)

QQ-20190913152025.png

ARE U KIDDING ME?

==================================================================================

The following is machine flip(Why I use machine translation is that your official translator's Chinese translation is no different from machine translation,Hurt the heart?Feel insulted?Your inaction and impropriety are disrespectful to the translation profession!):

jxtichi012 :All right, look for people who don't understand some of the questions I want to talk about.
Leak confidential - I was still not signed a formal confidentiality agreement on my name, that when I was sent something a little dynamic said Crowdin translation platform, and then I got, see the confidentiality agreement, which even to mention the thing I was an official translation volunteers can foreign mentioned, they are after I signed a confidentiality agreement, go back and don't know what is turned over to the evidence and then report to me. I've deleted it, but... They kicked me anyway. All I can say is that I'm too young to know about signing contracts and kicking people.
Crowdin- it's a translation platform, it's a tool, it's not a secret translation company.

Insult DE employees (insulting DE staff members from the translation team, this is the original) - I know they work very hard, but also the content, after also to say seemingly machine turn things apologized, but rose to insult... Maybe I am too young, I think insult = direct abuse, it seems that I should record "machine flip" in the most unspeakable dictionary in the future. (they seem to have revised a lot of the translations later, but I can't prove it anyway.)

And here is the original text:https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv3587325

==================================================================================

Warframe is a wonderful game, where I met some people,helped some novices, found some good things, learned something ,,did some strategies and video to promote warframe and I spent nearly 3.5k hours here.I send this comment not to ask DE to bring back volunteer translator jxtichi012, but to hope that DE will be honest and give the translator a reasonable explanation. Whatever happens, we don't want someone who loves the game so much to leave like this.
Finally, I hope to let Rebecca know about jxtichi012. We've always treated her like lotus, helping us and guiding us, and now we can't bear to see a respected tenno leave the scene.

We want an explanation from DE.In any case, we need a true guide.NOT LIKE A MACHINE TO TRANSLATE IT WITHOUT A BRAVE HEART TO LOVE WARFRAME.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

It would help us, who are using the English forum and are most likely unable to understand Chinese, if we could get a translation of Jxtichi012's announcement. Google Translate isn't exactly the best when it comes to translating entire blocks of text, so I can only get a vague idea of what he's saying.

Here it is. According to his statement he did give out information. His defence is that he didn't sign an NDA.

There are a few issues with the OPs statement.

1. The Translator couldn't be fired, since his wasn't an actual employee of DE, he was a volunteer and they removed his access to the program. This is a very important destinction, since no actual job and thus a persons financial security was effected. This is however what the OP is suggestiong with his choice of words.

2. There isn't a official statment of DE yet, so maybe it was actually justified? Usually you are innocent until prooven otherwise. So acusing DE of treating someone unfair is just that, an accusation lacking an actual base, right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Here it is. According to his statement he did give out information. His defence is that he didn't sign an NDA.

This happened before he signed the agreement and he realized the mistake,and it should be I'm supposed to be sending the wrong message?It's really hard not to communicate in my own language.

Actually,that is not serious enough to call it secret(just a translation website " Crowdin ",not a confidential translation company)

Edited by Skyetira1317

So the volunteer did leak info?  Was it a repeat occurrence?  If so, then removing them from the translation team/volunteer position is reasonable and I would hardly call it mistreatment.  Even if he hasn't signed an NDA, it's not like he was being paid to begin with and DE hasn't restricted his access to the actual game in any way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

There are a few issues with the OPs statement.

1. The Translator couldn't be fired, since his wasn't an actual employee of DE, he was a volunteer and they removed his access to the program. This is a very important destinction, since no actual job and thus a persons financial security was effected. This is however what the OP is suggestiong with his choice of words.

2. There isn't a official statment of DE yet, so maybe it was actually justified? Usually you are innocent until prooven otherwise. So acusing DE of treating someone unfair is just that, an accusation lacking an actual base, right now.

In one of the other threads on the same issue, there is some information of translator himself to admitting to leaking internal information, which was claimed to have happened before he agreed to an NDA. Regardless of whether it happened before he agreed to it or not, it is still a red flag and leave the decision open to DE on whether to remove him. Of course, a lot of information is casually left out to paint a black and white picture.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 7

I don't even know what is your intention, DE. I'm sick of the strange operations that you did before, especially in translation. Things are changed after Wukong prime released, "金箍铁棒" is a suck translation for "Iron Staff", but you still use it to replace “定海神针”. And this time you really annoy me. You replace jxtichi012 with your official translator that uses google translate, and I even don't know what is its mean. You kick him out with a unreasonable reason. Confidential disclosure? You should kick him out in 4 years ago, he deleted all the information before he signed the contract. Insult? The interpreter made a suck translation, and the interpreter can't even accept a critisize?

Here is a quatation from another palyer: "Medicine is bitter for you but it can cure diseases, and the dosage is always not to the point of toxicity. Since you do not want to take medicine, you do not blame us for not giving you medicine when you are going to death." We are so dissappointed, because we love this game so much. I thought you used to be a company willing to accept advice from palyers. But now you changed, we don't know how or why or when.

All we require is a reasonable explaination. We would be gratified if you can reunderstand yourself and make changes.

19 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Think if I didn't even sign a NDA I would be hesitant and cautious in leaking out information... Common sense applies but likely to both sides too. 

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb RX-3DR:

there is some information of translator himself to admitting to leaking internal information,

Yeah, I also found that thread.

So, in the end, he is guilty as charged.

And the issue that he claims that he leaked the information 'before he signed the NDA' is also a bit strange. I don't know the guy, but several chinese players say, that he has been doing the volunteer work for 5 years. So, logically speaking, he should have signed the NDA 5 years ago. And since this the Tranlator claims, that the leak happend before he singed the NDA, so more than 5 years ago, why whould DE only now after 5 years react to the issue?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AnonumusSoldier said:

Yall do know that Warframe China is published by ChangYou and not DE right? DE only creates the material, ChangYou is the culprit here. Your placing blame at the feet of the wrong party. DE cant even do anything about it since they dont have majority share in the stock.

I guess the issue about Simplified Chinese version which OP discussed is Warframe, not Warframe China

4 minutes ago, Skyetira1317 said:

That's why u don't understand what does he mean to us.If you're not a participant, be a calm watcher

You post in the English forums, where a majority of us are the English speaking playerbase. 

While we may have some degree of sympathy, it's something that we are not affected by, and to a degree care about. 

I'm willing to bet that this effort of yours will end up like hot air. It'll change nothing, nor will it do anything. Mods will eventually come, delete this and tell you that if you have a complaint, resolve it privately. DE does not handle matters like this publicly. 

• Like 3

There's a good chance that what happened, happened behind closed doors.

It's as possible as not that these reasons are 100% legit, but all happened where the majority of this board wouldn't see. And there are some people nowadays who like to manipulate that for internet points. Whilst he may not have signed a confidentiality agreement, if he did start leaking info on too large of a scale, then DE are within their rights to terminate their agreement. And it's not impossible jxtichi012 may have attempted to use his position to take revenge. These things happen.

Simply put, this is a debate between employer and employee.

• Like 1