Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A volunteer translator was treated unfairly!

NO_LIU

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

He was volunteer who leaked info. That is more than enough info for me to know he deserved what he got.

I repeat, his alleged "leak" was a reference to a translation website called Crowdin, which he didn't know he needed to keep secret that he was an official translation volunteer until he signed the confidentiality agreement.There is an old Chinese saying: “不知者无罪” He didn't know so he could be forgiven.

Forum Threads are fine but I doubt they will go anywhere. The review bombing on steam will get no one anywhere because it would create a very dangerous situation for DE. Giving in to angry mobs is never a good idea no matter how justified they think themselves to be.

• Like 2

Just now, Skyetira1317 said:

I repeat, his alleged "leak" was a reference to a translation website called Crowdin, which he didn't know he needed to keep secret that he was an official translation volunteer until he signed the confidentiality agreement.There is an old Chinese saying: “不知者无罪” He didn't know so he could be forgiven.

That is a nice fairy tale.

2 minutes ago, Skyetira1317 said:

How do you think this particular forum can change anything? It's English. We don't use Chinese at all. This matter has no relevance here, unless you wish to recruit people to dev bash. 

If that is the case, you have no idea how this forum handles things. Best you'll get here is a locked/deleted thread. Worst off a warning or a temporary mute. 

There's an English quote: "...full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

• Like 5

vor 1 Minute schrieb Skyetira1317:

"Could be forgiven" but not "has to be forgiven", DE can choose to forgive it but are not obligated to. If you break a law it doesnt matter if you knew what you did was illegal. 

• Like 10

il y a 43 minutes, Heckzu a dit :

It would help us, who are using the English forum and are most likely unable to understand Chinese, if we could get a translation of Jxtichi012's announcement. Google Translate isn't exactly the best when it comes to translating entire blocks of text, so I can only get a vague idea of what he's saying.

Yes,i'll translate Jxtichi012's announcement later.Thank you for your concern!

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There's a good chance that what happened, happened behind closed doors.

It's as possible as not that these reasons are 100% legit, but all happened where the majority of this board wouldn't see. And there are some people nowadays who like to manipulate that for internet points. Whilst he may not have signed a confidentiality agreement, if he did start leaking info on too large of a scale, then DE are within their rights to terminate their agreement. And it's not impossible jxtichi012 may have attempted to use his position to take revenge. These things happen.

Simply put, this is a debate between employer and employee.

exm?He's not an employee but just a volunteer.The two cannot be treated the same.

So a volunteer loses their volunteer status for posting leaked information about a game that prepared to take legal action against a prolific data minter in the past thinks they can get away with it because it occurred before they signed a NDA?

The only problem here is that he was allowed into the program at all, nothing else here is remotely surprising.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

You post in the English forums, where a majority of us are the English speaking playerbase. 

While we may have some degree of sympathy, it's something that we are not affected by, and to a degree care about. 

I'm willing to bet that this effort of yours will end up like hot air. It'll change nothing, nor will it do anything. Mods will eventually come, delete this and tell you that if you have a complaint, resolve it privately. DE does not handle matters like this publicly. 

We all knows...this is a blasting fuse.Did you know that this website is actually closed to China,We just want an exact answer, luxury justice,without any ambiguities

Making threads is fine, the forum is there for if you have something on your mind. Even multiple threads is not a problem, mods will merge them anyway. Sadly this is not the only thing going on. Warframe is getting review bombed on steam right now and because of that I hope DE dont change their minds. No power to angry mobs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

You won't get it here unfortunately. 

If you want a response, you have to contact Support directly. DE will not respond directly, and in public to matters like this as they considered it private. 

Yeah, you're right. At least someone is rational

vor 37 Minuten schrieb People_have_3_Urgent:

All we require is a reasonable explaination. We would be gratified if you can reunderstand yourself and make changes.

You have your reasonable explaination: it's that he leaked things and was rude to staff. The problem is you dont believe it. What you want is prove, which you wont even accept because your hero can do no wrong.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Forum Threads are fine but I doubt they will go anywhere. The review bombing on steam will get no one anywhere because it would create a very dangerous situation for DE. Giving in to angry mobs is never a good idea no matter how justified they think themselves to be.

They have no other official place to vent their anger, not just on this issue, but on the trivia of the past few months.

il y a une heure, George_PPS a dit :

This should be reported to DE directly. There must be some misunderstanding and mishandling by the team. 

il y a une heure, primeUZ a dit :

yea i agree

il y a une heure, Walkampf a dit :

My question is, why it the OP, somebody else, a personally uninvolved third party, posting this?

He doesn't seem to be a profesional jounalist, otherwise he'd have released the information through his own official ways.

To me, this seems more like white knighting.

And since there is a lack of a response from DE, this is a very onesided arguement.

il y a une heure, Heckzu a dit :

It would help us, who are using the English forum and are most likely unable to understand Chinese, if we could get a translation of Jxtichi012's announcement. Google Translate isn't exactly the best when it comes to translating entire blocks of text, so I can only get a vague idea of what he's saying.

il y a une heure, JackHargreav a dit :

I don't care. Everyone knows how sensitive DE is with leaks. 

So you dig your own grave by sniffing around and leaking imformation.

il y a une heure, Jiminez_Burial a dit :

So the volunteer did leak info?  Was it a repeat occurrence?  If so, then removing them from the translation team/volunteer position is reasonable and I would hardly call it mistreatment.  Even if he hasn't signed an NDA, it's not like he was being paid to begin with and DE hasn't restricted his access to the actual game in any way.

il y a 54 minutes, Valiant a dit :

Think if I didn't even sign a NDA I would be hesitant and cautious in leaking out information... Common sense applies but likely to both sides too. 

il y a 30 minutes, trst a dit :

So a volunteer loses their volunteer status for posting leaked information about a game that prepared to take legal action against a prolific data minter in the past thinks they can get away with it because it occurred before they signed a NDA?

The only problem here is that he was allowed into the program at all, nothing else here is remotely surprising.

I updated my article, hoping to answer some of your questions.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Skyetira1317:

They have no other official place to vent their anger, not just on this issue, but on the trivia of the past few months.

Venting anger does not make good discussions. Forum threads are fine, reddit posts are fine, review bombing is not.

• Like 2