Limbo's Stasis no longer pauses the duration of existing status effects afflicting enemies within the Rift.

TennoSensei

Regarding the recent change on how frozen enemies receive status effects now:
Cold Status Effects & how they block new Status Effects. Coming Changes.,
the duration of status effects can no longer be paused which is a reasonable trade-off given how much of a buff the change is in effect.

However, when it comes to Limbo, there's a particular niche geared towards survivability as demonstrated here (which is something other frames affected by the change don't have problems with i.e. Avalanche Frost, Gara, Atlas):
https://www.youtube.com/embed/E_wbXR1O5Jc?start=832&end=891

Granted, it may be too much work for an arguably minor detail and his survivability already relies on his manipulation of the Rift to avoid getting damaged but I believe other ways of playing him should stay in order to promote build diversity.

EDIT: Just saw this in-game today.
KKWGJO8.jpg

Edited by TennoSensei
Just saw that Stasis is/was intended to pause status duration.
  • Like 2

@(PS4)Ozymandias-13- Yep. It no longer pauses the duration of status effects post-Saint of Altra update.

It could've been affected by the change because of how status duration used to work.

Status duration, according to the Wikia, is tied with enemy movement speed i.e. the slower they are, the longer the duration (the linked post mentioned Cold procs which used to behave accordingly), and with abilities that can stop enemy movement entirely, status duration is halted. What separates Stasis from any other ability is that it doesn't have that "Frozen" status effect that Petrify and the like share so it still allowed new instances of status effects to be inflicted to enemies in Stasis.

What they probably did is a catch-all solution of no longer tying status duration with enemy movement and letting it expire normally under any circumstance.

25 minutes ago, TennoSensei said:

@(PS4)Ozymandias-13- Yep. It no longer pauses the duration of status effects post-Saint of Altra update.

It could've been affected by the change because of how status duration used to work.

Status duration, according to the Wikia, is tied with enemy movement speed i.e. the slower they are, the longer the duration (the linked post mentioned Cold procs which used to behave accordingly), and with abilities that can stop enemy movement entirely, status duration is halted. What separates Stasis from any other ability is that it doesn't have that "Frozen" status effect that Petrify and the like share so it still allowed new instances of status effects to be inflicted to enemies in Stasis.

What they probably did is a catch-all solution of no longer tying status duration with enemy movement and letting it expire normally under any circumstance.

That sounds like a mistake rather than intentional since there is no mention of Limbo being affected by these changes. Infinite status duration under Stasis was an intentional feature, not an accidental perk.

You should probably report this as a bug instead of feedback so DE can fix it as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, [DE]Tweep said:

The changes to the system are working as intended, enemies that are frozen act the same as if they are in stasis. Please let me know if this is not the case, otherwise please post in feedback. 
Thank you

What he's saying is that status no longer have infinite duration during Stasis like they did before the change. 

Is that the way it should be now? 

@[DE]Tweep Thank you for replying. The changes are working as intended. What I would like to be clarified though is this particular change:

On 2019-08-09 at 10:52 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Currently on live: If you hit an enemy with a Status Effect (like Toxin) then Freeze them with a Cold Status Effect, it prolongs the duration, but only if you got the Status Effect in before Cold hit. You could never apply new Status Effects while an enemy was Frozen, which was detrimental in many ways to builds and teamplay. These Status Effects will run their normal durations for consistency after this change, while allowing new ones!

Limbo wasn't mentioned anywhere in the post but I still assumed it was gonna be affected by the changes because his Stasis ability behaved similarly (just without the "Frozen" status effect that I mentioned above). And just as I expected, it got changed along with the rest to no longer having the ability to pause status duration when the Saint of Altra update dropped.

If it's no longer intended to be able to pause status duration, I hope it gets reconsidered and be brought back exclusively for him.

@(PS4)Ozymandias-13- You're right. It's intended. Or was. I just checked in-game and found this:

KKWGJO8.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...