Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Quests

TheInternetGuy

Content for warframe has indeed been scarce but this might be an option to alleviate some of that. This may be a bad idea as I used to be a minecraft player but bear with me here.

What if some sidequests can be made by the community? Tennogen side quests. They won't be automatically downloaded unless purchased by the player. Of course the tools required for this would have to be worked out on how it can work but it might just give players some fun to make their own quests. As for rewards, they can only be given out once and each quest reward has to be reviewed like the normal Tennogen stuff.

Imagine the Mirage questline where there wasn't much in a way of cinematics or voice line. If the creators feel like voicelines need to be added, they can do so as long as its not of a known character in the game already. Just a rough idea but I think it's possible and not necessary for players to purchase these quests.

I had a similar idear somewhere here in the forums, playermade alerts.

I would love this, but there are a few factors to keep in mind:

- It's DEs story, so anything that introduces new concepts, characters, anything really is problematic.

- Playermade dialogue, voice overs, etc. would need to be heavily reviewed for inapropriate or unfitting stuff, that means a lot of work for DE.

- If money is involved it won't really help with the thirst for content as the vast majority of players don't have enough money to buy quest after quest, maybe one or two that would be done after an hour or so.

I honestly see no way to make this feasible, as cool as it could be.

2 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

I had a similar idear somewhere here in the forums, playermade alerts.

I would love this, but there are a few factors to keep in mind:

- It's DEs story, so anything that introduces new concepts, characters, anything really is problematic.

- Playermade dialogue, voice overs, etc. would need to be heavily reviewed for inapropriate or unfitting stuff, that means a lot of work for DE.

- If money is involved it won't really help with the thirst for content as the vast majority of players don't have enough money to buy quest after quest, maybe one or two that would be done after an hour or so.

I honestly see no way to make this feasible, as cool as it could be.

In regards to story, this shouldn't be an issue as these quests will not and should not be cannon since they are player made. The mechanics should stick to the mechanics currently in the game. New characters shouldn't be an issue either since the origin system is vast and should have many people in it and also, you may never see them again except for this one quest. New concepts (not game mechanics) that get introduced in the quest aren't canon so fans can go ham on this.

It's definitely a valid concern about monitoring what's in the quest since DE is stretched thin. I can imagine moderators may be of help but that's still definitely a concern.

Regarding about money, my rough idea of the requirements of a quest is definitely lacking. This would put on more strain on the moderators. I can however imagine where someone can make a custom quest free and only be accessed by friends or clanmates so it can be as crude or inappropriate as long as its between friends and everyone is alright for it.

This would be a ballsy move for DE so my rough idea will definitely need to be fleshed out down to the atom if there's a slightest chance this might work out.