Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Wall Latch Time

Snake

Wall latch seems pointless in its current state.

There are many mods that are completely useless due to the time that wall latching has before you fall off.

This change would diversify game play more. I mean you can balance on a zip line forever; why not wall latch forever.

B-But.....then Loki will need to get a REAL Passive!!! D8

(Jokes aside, there's actually a pretty, uh, "Silently Vocal" part of the Community that want NOTHING related to Loki to be looked at or adjusted EVER. Like, the fear is, I believe, that if anything connected to him is looked into, HE'LL be looked into, and DE will wind up "Re-balancing" him in some way, AKA, Nerfs.)

Wrong section, should probably be under Feedback > General as this doesn't relate to any Warframe in particular.

I don't think having unlimited latch time would be the best way to go about a change.  I would suggest increasing the latch time to one minute and have an accuracy penalty that starts after 15 seconds that gets worse the longer you latch.  Then change the latch mods to be focused around that accuracy penalty (maybe even improving latch accuracy rather than the default deterioration).  Then group zip lining with wall latching in terms of the mods/penalties (it can keep unlimited time, just have the penalty capped) and have those actions incentivised via utility mods.

And then change the passive for Loki, he needs a proper one.

On the main subject: I completely agree, there's no point in limiting wall latching, and in fact I don't think aim-gliding either needs a limited duration, so we might as well get rid of time limits in parkour moves altogether.

Onto the subject of Loki, who'd need a new passive: his current passive may as well not exist, as it's insignificant and does absolutely nothing for his playstyle. My suggestion would be to let him disguise himself as the last enemy he killed, with subsequent attacks of his (but not ability casts or movement) breaking the disguise, so that he'd be able to move undetected even with Invisibility down.

2 hours ago, 5nak3Doctor said:

I mean you can balance on a zip line forever; why not wall latch forever.

That's not an equal comparison. Balance is far easier than hanging from something. 

As far as the concept goes, I would like to see it's time extended at the very least. 

1 hour ago, Zelmen said:

That's not an equal comparison. Balance is far easier than hanging from something. 

I looked up records, and balancing does have a substantially longer record: ~8 hours for balancing in a chair on a tightrope, with a couple others of people literally living on a tightrope for months at a time, compared to several minutes hanging from a bar or rings by one's hands.  However, of note is that all of those hanging records are for supporting one's entire body weight with one's hands.  Wall-latching is an entirely different position, where the majority of the body weight is supported by the frame's legs, and the frame's hands are only used to provide force countering the natural rotational moment from the foot anchor point not being below the frame's center of gravity, a substantially lighter load.  This is roughly equivalent to the amount of force Wukong needs to provide with his arm when he's hanging off the side of his staff (though to be fair, he also shifts that a bit by pushing his staff off to the other side and thereby putting his center of mass directly over the pass of the pole, and balancing as such.  But he still has to counter his body's natural rotational moment from being on the side of his pole, anchored by his feet).

In any case, the record for hanging from one's hands is multiple minutes, and we're talking about space-age infested ninja super-soldiers here, so having a limit of only 6 seconds for a position that is physically far easier to maintain than simply hanging from one's hands is rather hilariously weak.  The hardest part of a wall latch is most likely getting the hand grip on a smooth wall (let's infer some magic/tech that helps that or something), but provided a ring to hold on to embedded in a wall, almost every single one of us could, given a few tries and/or some practice, hold ourselves in a wall-latch-like position for at least 15-30s, and we're, well, gamers, which don't, at least stereotypically, venn much with "athlete".

Edited by Xaedys