Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pavlov is Awesome

Ullthilane

The rooms are not in fixed order so it's going to be hard to determine what room C actually is.

If you're looking for more expanded Spy Vaults, Amalthea in Jupiter is close. Pago on the Kuva Fortress is more restrictive but it's still a step up from the default Spy Vaults.

Most of the non-generic spy vaults are similar to Pavlov, though the Orokin ones are definitely longer and more complex.

I for example find the Gas City ones quite engaging, especially the one where you can choose between criogenic fluid, fiery pipes or gigantic laser beams.

Also Kuva Fortress have both spy vaults and rescue prison which I find the most difficult to complete flawlessly.

16 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

The rooms are not in fixed order so it's going to be hard to determine what room C actually is.

It's true that they aren't technically in fixed order but I'd say about 80% of the time (hell prolly closer to 90%) A B and C are always the same rooms. 

My biggest surprise on Pavlov is usually when I get to A and ERHMAHGURD! it's actually B, I don't think I've ever seen C not be C but I guess it's possible?

• Like 1

I also like it...

Everything gets easy as soon as you learn easiest route.....but Pavlov provides enough challenge even if you already know everything.  Not in all rooms...but still.

Wish we had more like that....but even latest Gas City spy can be simply Wukong'd through....only borish ciphers will hold you back a bit.

19 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Also Kuva Fortress have both spy vaults and rescue prison which I find the most difficult to complete flawlessly.

Kuva spy is pretty darn solid but to be honest the hardest part of the vaults is actually finding your way to the vaults 😛 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Pavlov tends to be in the order of

1. Giant spinning laser disks
  2. Wall cling challenge
  3. Halls of the past

and I've only seen it out of this order on a few occasions.

But I agree that Jupiter and Kuva Fortress have good spy vaults.

Uranus also has some interesting ones with multiple paths, if you can handle sharkwing controls.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Wall cling challenge

More like, drop through the ceiling challenge (yes, there is another much easier way to do this one than wall clinging).

EDIT: P.S. The wall clinging thing is relatively new to me. I always figured there was something more to the 'upside down' of that vault! But yeah... you can drop through the ceiling into the vault and that was a lot easier to naturally find than figuring out the puzzle in the 'upside down'. Also, much quicker!

Edited by nslay

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

More like, drop through the ceiling challenge (yes, there is another much easier way to do this one than wall clinging).

Wait there's an alternate-alternate path in the past with the wall cling vault? 

Or are you talking about just opening the door in the past and then going through the burnt out rooms and dodging the drones in the future?

37 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Wait there's an alternate-alternate path in the past with the wall cling vault? 

Or are you talking about just opening the door in the past and then going through the burnt out rooms and dodging the drones in the future?

Spoiler

The 'past' has the wall clinging puzzle. I never realized that's how you use the floating squares. But yes, you do as you wrote on your last statement... open the door in the past, go back to the future, jump over a couple lasers and avoid drones (which are always below you if you're doing it right). Reach the room with the electrified pillar and either:

When using a status-immune frame (e.g. Rhino, Revenant, Limbo): Scale the electricrified pillar and jump into the hole in the ceiling.

When not using a status-immune frame: Very carefully jump across the diagonal avoiding the dancing laser in the middle, then jump into the hole in the ceiling.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Operator may be able to just Void Dash above the electrified pillar and into the hole in the ceiling without ever touching the pillar. The electrified pillar can deal a lot of damage! Revenant and Rhino can tank it though (and Limbo isn't affected). More important is that status-immune frames will not be knocked off the pillar! Also noteworthy is that the electrified pillar will not trigger the alarms. The same is true in the other vault with electrified floors at the bottom. If you are status-immune, you can simply walk on the electrified floors if you want!

Edited by nslay
Add more details

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

I don't normally play Kuva rescue. But in Sorties, I find that there will be an open in the vent above the front door to the prison cell... Although, the hardest part is to find what side is the front and get to them (lol).

3 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

If you're looking for more expanded Spy Vaults, Amalthea in Jupiter is close. Pago on the Kuva Fortress is more restrictive but it's still a step up from the default Spy Vaults.

On Lua the C vault is always the long one with the music puzzle.

• Like 1

On spy missions, A & B are always inter exchangeable, while C is always the same one - Lua and Kuva Fortress included. On every planet it can be either the easiest one or the harder one of the three. For example, on the Kuva fortress, C is always the spy vault on the outer shell of the asteroid with the open sky where you follow the data pipe through the cracks of the rock formation (an easy one). On pluto it's the harder one with the well that you have to drop off from the the top and avoid the three 90° crossing laser grid to reach the bottom.

Please correct me if I am wrong.