Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Reward suggestions

Evanescent

Hello!

The idea of this reward structure suggestion is:

• to make the arbitration shop deal out aspirational items and gear
  • missions themselves reward materials such as endo and kuva.

This seeks to accomplish the following:

• to reduce the feeling of player time being wasted
  • reduce the problem of bloat, often the cause of frustration
  • provide aspirational rewards 
  • make the arbitration shop more lucrative
  • make the rewards somewhat evergreen for player progression

Vitus Essence Change:

Peerless Vitus Essence

Rewarded for defeating special enemies during Arbitrations, used to redeem Higher Tier rewards from the arbitration store.

Arbitration Shop Additions:

Normal tier rewards(require vitus essence):

• Armor Arcane slot: Allows arcanes to be imbued onto chosen armor. Can be applied to Shoulders, Chest and Leg armor pieces. Capped to one slot active at any time. Consumed upon use.
  • Riven reagent: Allows for a specific roll to be locked upon rolling. Requires minimum of 10 rolls between uses. Consumed upon use.
  • Arcane Catalysts: Grants a special effect unique to weapon/weapon type when applied. Signature weapons and quest/assassin weapons gain custom effect while other weapons gain weapon class-wide effects. Consumed upon use.
  •  Focus Shard: Gains x amount of focus per use, similar to synthetic eidolon shards.
  • Arbitration Exclusive Arcanes
  • Kuva bundles

Higher Tier rewards(require peerless vitus essence):

• Arbitration Exclusive Syandana
  • Arbitration Exclusive ephemera
  • Arbitration Exclusive ship decorations
  • Arbitration Exclusive weapon skins
  • Arbitration Exclusive Armor
  • Arbitration Exclusive Warframe alternate helmets
  • Arbitration Exclusive Warframe skins (a cool idea would be to add variants to normal skins with battle damage and void energy leaking out)
  • Arbitration Exclusive unique weaponry: One melee, One Secondary, One Primary, One Heavy (can be seasonal)*
  • Railjack Ship designs
  • Arbitration unique landing craft

MIssion changes and rewards:

Rotation rewards changed to consist of 

• endo(ayatan sculptures, ayatan stars)
  • kuva
  • nightwave xp/creds
  • vitus essence bundles.
  • focus shards

Each rotation awards  one guaranteed vitus essence as is the case now.

After a mission threshold such as twenty minutes into the mission, a mini-boss unique to the planet and mission will spawn. Defeating it will reward the players with a chance at additional loot.

Examples:

Defense:

Spoiler

Spawn condition: The defense target must survive without being downed or brought to less than 75% health for 20 consecutive waves.

A highly resilient Reclaimer enemy spawns and pursues the defense target.

These elite wardens are tasked with preventing rescue of high value targets at all costs. It attacks the players if they attempt to intercept and can aggro on attacking players as well. If the enemy successfully reaches the defense target it initiates a grab, which succeeds if a damage threshold is not met within x seconds.

If the grab is successful, the enemy then counts down to x seconds and explodes, killing the target permanently if not killed, failing the mission.

if aggroed onto a player, the enemy will attempt to down the player and initiate its grab. Once the grab is successful the enemy similarly carries out an AoE explosion that will permanently kill the captured player and down players caught in the aoe before moving into the next player/defense target.

The reclaimer may also possess skills or eximus variants but not both.  

Survival:

Spoiler

Spawn Conditions: Players must survive without being downed for 20 minutes without letting air levels drop below 30 percent.

Highly Resilient Saboteur units will spawn, and will attempt to destroy and prevent LS canister activation, drop and destroy them.

These are elite enemies tasked with purging tenno presence with any means necessary if their forces fail to overwhelm them. They possess disabling weaponry capable of crippling and grounding players that catch their attention if they fail to be agile enough. They will cause a lockdown on LS canister drops while they are active and will destroy LS canisters if present. They will always spawn in a room that contains players and LS capsules.

Once they locate a capsule, they approach it and begin to arm the capsule. Players must reach a damage threshold to disable them within this time or the capsule begins a countdown that downs players caught in the AoE once complete. This continues until the Saboteur is killed or at least three capsules are destroyed. 

If players attack the saboteur and deal a certain amount of damage, they gain a stack of aggro. Once they have gained 3 stacks the saboteur focuses on the player and pursues them. It will attempt to wind up and harpoon the player with its spear. If the harpoon succeeds, it approaches the player and snaps their neck, permanently killing them.

if the saboteur successfully destroys 3 capsules with no resistance, it will attempt to at least kill one player before despawning.

The saboteur may have skills or eimus auras, but not both.

Rewards for defeating special enemies:

Guaranteed:

x3 Peerless Vitus Essence

Random:

Unique Arcanes, Sigils(one time), unique weapon parts, unique weapon blueprint, ephemera

• Like 1

I see. I missed that part of the context, my apologies.

I would like to think that DE would like to make the changes you're suggesting. But, in my experience, creating such rewards so suddenly could cause a drastic shift in the balances of power and loot. Perhaps this update they're providing to arbitrations are but one of many updates i.e. a little bit at a time to make sure things go over well.

8 hours ago, Cerebrophage said:

I see. I missed that part of the context, my apologies.

I would like to think that DE would like to make the changes you're suggesting. But, in my experience, creating such rewards so suddenly could cause a drastic shift in the balances of power and loot. Perhaps this update they're providing to arbitrations are but one of many updates i.e. a little bit at a time to make sure things go over well.

I hope so too. I'm no game designer after all, but I should hope this can provide an idea as to loot that might interest players that have caught up to most of the content in-game! ^_^