Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host disconnections are being intentionally used

Arneld

The thing 'Host disconnected, move to multiplayer menu' is being used for griefing.

This happens especially on boss (raid)'s reward time, preventing other players to get theirs.

And these happens more recently, like someone had spread the way to do this.

Someone could say, 'Hey you can report them with the videos.'

But what you receive is the macro email.

I think this happens because, they (DE) can't distribute whether it is intentional or not.

Just sayin.

The bosses take an exceptionally long time to actually die, giving players plenty of time to gather around where the loot's going to drop. If it's the Orb Mothers, it's always right up behind their main body. For Eidolon, if you're capturing, is always around the first drone that self-destructs.

6 minutes ago, Arneld said:

The thing 'Host disconnected, move to multiplayer menu' is being used for griefing.

This happens especially on boss (raid)'s reward time, preventing other players to get theirs.

Someone could say, 'Hey you can report them with the videos.
But what you receive is the auto message.

I think this happens because, they (DE) can't distinguish whether it is intentional or not.
Just sayin.

Sadly yes, there are players who often disconnect from a match to troll, usually due to their own low performance and in some cases not accepting being bested by a warframe they deem inferior in a match. It has happened to me many times.

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

The bosses take an exceptionally long time to actually die, giving players plenty of time to gather around where the loot's going to drop. If it's the Orb Mothers, it's always right up behind their main body. For Eidolon, if you're capturing, is always around the first drone that self-destructs.

Wrong topic?

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Wrong topic?

13 minutes ago, Arneld said:

There's no raids. The closest we got to large scale boss fights are the orb mothers and the eidolons.

7 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

There's no raids. The closest we got to large scale boss fights are the orb mothers and the eidolons.

Read OP again, VEEERRRRYYY SLOOOWWWLLYYYY

Hes complaining about people disconnecting intentionally during missions to troll, usually causing host migration and the loss of any loot you have collected when it fails.

Wait, are you talking about a host forcibly closing one or more client connections (beyond pulling the cable out)? I've always suspected some tech savvy players of doing this... I've successfully joined missions in a very timely fashion (so no lag or anything) with all players and enemies moving and working correctly and about 1-5 seconds into the mission I am dropped and back in the multiplayer menu.  I personally know of two Microsoft tools (that shall remain unnamed) that easily let you select and forcibly close connections that I always imagine the host might be using to drop players/frames he/she doesn't like.  I can only hope DE's anti-cheat system is including these powerful tools in its search.

But then again, NAT hole punching and all the other hideous network stuff that happens behind the scenes being the cause of my sparse set of experiences wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!

2 hours ago, Arneld said:

I think this happens because, they (DE) can't distribute whether it is intentional or not.

Just sayin.

what do you mean by boss raid reward time are you talking about when a eidolon gets captured they d/c the squad so they dont get the arcane drop?

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

OP, is this situation really that bad on pc or you're angry and exaggerating? Don't get me wrong, it's 100% believable that people are behaving like trolls sometimes, but I've never experienced this on console. I'm hunting Eidolons regularly in public teams, never had a suspicious host migration right before extracting, and there is an option to leave the squad on PS4 too in open world areas, you don't even have to abracadabra your internet connection.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Typo

3 hours ago, Arneld said:

Just sayin.

I've never had this happen to me. Seems a bit exaggerated,

But I only disconnect when I make the mistake of going into a public eidolon hunt and seeing a bunch of MR7's

Did your result screen look like this?

QDzeYnu.png

If it did, you most likely experienced a host waiting for everyone (except himself) to be on extract. He then disconnects resulting in what you see above. Here's an old post about this too.

Edited by NekroArts

I’ve had this happen only twice since they added the option to leave the squad, once  for a tricap and once for profit taker...

The host waited for the hydrolysis to get the capture sound “ping” and then hit leave squad. It wasn’t just a disconnect because he “lol’d” when we sent him a message asking why he did that. The first lure did pop but with no arcane or shards and the other two just sat there with the blue symbol showing they are charged. We did receive the arcanes and shards from the first to eidolons so it wasn’t a total loss.

On the profit taker the host left the squad just before you grab the loot after the spider goes down and by the time we loaded back in the profit taker already exploded. He was standing in Fortuna by the elevator running in circles to get our attention. 

So, yes some people will and can do it on purpose to be jerks, but out of the other 60 profit taker runs and countless tricaps, it hasn’t happened since. And plenty of those have been random pubs and recruit chat.  Buttholes are always going to be buttholes. 

Edited by (NSW)Austee

4 hours ago, Arneld said:

The thing 'Host disconnected, move to multiplayer menu' is being used for griefing

Wait till you play Exploiter orb...

You jump on her each time, host leaves squad after the head is removed.  The host gets the easy kill and all the rewards, you get nothing but returning to Fortuna and hate mail.  I'm doing over 80%damage every run, they're mad about not being in the cut scene...

Unfortunately I had to learn how to solo every boss in a co op game. Sometimes I'll go public free roam squad but if im not the host,  I IMMEDIATELY leave squad while still loading into the mission. 

• Like 1

Yep, happens to me once in awhile on PS4, not common but does happen enough to annoy me. Especially on Eidolons, I've had hosts quit, and immediately go to migration, and it fail and I get nothing.

There's honestly not much they can do beyond adding dedicated servers, and that comes with issues as well. No great answer here, that doesn't come with a cost. Get your venting out and move on I suppose.

23 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Yea... I had a mission earlier that was really suspicious. It was an earth defence fissure, and I noticed the host just say "goodbye" to people, and then they would disconnect. If they were replaced, the new person would quickly disconnect. It was odd to say the least. 

I don't think this host was trolling. If he just disconnected in a defence mission, he didn't get anything more than a mission failed screen. The rest of the team however, if the game throws you back in the orbiter, gets the prime parts opened from their own relics later attached to a message. So probably just some real life stuff happened and the host had to go.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

1 hour ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I don't think this host was trolling. If he just disconnected in a defence mission, he didn't get anything more than a mission failed screen. The rest of the team however, if the game throws you back in the orbiter, gets the prime parts opened from their own relics later attached to a message. So probably just some real life stuff happened and the host had to go.

Both of these incidents were before the 5m mark, so there was no gear to get back. 

And the host didn't leave, he and I both stayed in the mission but 4 different people left before we left at wave 5. The initial 2 we loaded in with, and the 2 that replaced them. 

well - the only real solution is for DE to pull their finger out and remove the timer (orbs exploding after death) on profit taker and exploiter orbs. Even if the host migration doesnt crash the game you will end up with no loot as the orb will have exploded and killed you before the migration is complete.

As long as you have just a few seconds to grab your loot it leaves a door open for the unscrupulous host to be a complete tool. 

Edited by beercritch