Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework In Rift Mode

kwlingo

Not sure if this is recent update or was this after the rework of Limbo but I thought it felt odd that i got stuck when enemies were blocking the exit of a tunnel. Thought being in rift mode I was in a different dimension. If so how are they able to block my physical body from passing through them to move forward? I had to rift out only after killing them was I able to advance forward. I swear it felt as before I was able to just pass right through them like laser and bullets and melee attacks. Maybe I was bugged in that mission? 

Edited by kwlingo

I guess DE wants to annoy you while you're in the rift and force you to confront the enemies. This is definitely annoying! I do like using Limbo to avoid enemies in certain Spy missions.

On the other hand, I for one am entirely for Limbo being able to pass through all forms of matter, including the ground. I am sure I am not the only one, but I will applaud a Limbo rift walker falling into and melting in the planet's molten core.

5 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

It has always been that way, physical obstacles will block your way, otherwise we would fall through the floor when moving to the rift, would be troublesome inside a spaceship!

Then why do bullets, physical objects, pass through Limbo or other rift-bound entities on the opposite plane?

Not to mention vice-versa for the spoilers, who walk through enemies with impunity yet facetank bullets??

Edited by Loza03

Just now, Loza03 said:

Then why do bullets, physical objects, pass through Limbo or other rift-bound entities on the opposite plane?

Not to mention vice-versa for the operators, who walk through enemies with impunity yet facetank bullets??

Because, DE wills it so. Or we can invent a particle for weapon projectiles to explain it.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

On the other hand, I for one am entirely for Limbo being able to pass through all forms of matter, including the ground. I am sure I am not the only one, but I will applaud a Limbo rift walker falling into and melting in the planet's molten core.

Or levitate like Hildryn/Wisp ahaha

6 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

It has always been that way, physical obstacles will block your way, otherwise we would fall through the floor when moving to the rift, would be troublesome inside a spaceship!

Would be nice to at least go through enemies and come out to kill the ones needed for mission.

35 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

I just recently started farming ayatan stars in the Void with Limbo, and I'd absolutely love to walk through unlockable treasure room doors with him... If he happens to fall out of my spaceship by accident, I'll just toss an archwing after him!

38 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

That's excatly why im saying. I get the cataclysm (i also dont like it, will be much better if the nullfiers just past trhough your bubble instead of destroying it, but the dash rift? Why?

Yes when you just dash it makes your go into rift mode. Nullifier bubbles take you right out of it. Passive's should not be nullified. Its like saying Wisp invisiblity goes away jumping into nullifer bubblers. Not sure but I dont think passives are suppose to be nullifiable?

3 hours ago, nslay said:

Because, DE wills it so. Or we can invent a particle for weapon projectiles to explain it.

Or, more likely, he has the capability to decide what he phases through. In which case, being able to pass through enemies on the opposite plane would also make sense.