Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Missions bugged

YourSincerly

This is a reproducible bug, and rewards some & sometimes all of the rep, thus exploitable.

Steps to reproduce:
1 - Log in
2 - Choose a survival mission
3 - Kill monsters with Primary weapon
4 - Kill 150 and watch bug start as notification of 150 kills resets.
5 - Kill 150 till Nora notification reappears & rewards player
6 - Go to Exit when applicable
7 - Go to Nora radio
8 - Note daily primary mission resets, and rep is given.

My friend and I tested this, he got 200 rep, I got 1000 rep, and then it reset.
This is an exploit in that it can be done multiple times.

My clan has stopped playing realizing we can keep raising our rep this way.

same issue here, two "mow them down". they are not maintaining the kills I get in a mission. I do seem to have a single silver grove spectre kill that I don't remember earning but that may have been a teammate earning one while I was just running a mission. the act "unlock relics" did get completed without showing the update of 1/2/3, it simply completed after some amount.
edit: seems to only be the two daily "mow them down" missions that are having problems. the rest of this comment is probably because I wasn't paying attention. Nora updates when an act is completed happen just fine during a mission and with a mission in progress.

Edited by britches

I also have this bug. I've tested it extensively.

The kills reset at exactly 150, which shows as 75 on each 'Mow Them Down' mission. No standing is awarded, as neither mission is completed. If you are killing extremely quickly (ie heavily modded Amprex in a crowded Sanctuary Onslaught mission), the individual 'Mow Them Down' missions might appear to get higher than 75, but they actually do reset and continue to make progress from zero. The appearance of higher numbers seems to simply be a visual bug where the nightwave reporting lags behind the actual progress, which can be seen by going into Nightwave after hitting escape during the mission.

Looking forward to some kind of hotfix for this one. Good luck, all.

update! I just ran the "help clem" mission and it went through just fine. However I definitely got a "mow them down" notification that I was at 90. maybe that was just a different distribution than the post that is two above me. it might have still been 150 total but I wasn't thinking of the total between them.

Edited by britches

I'm having this issue as well. I tried to just kill over 300 enemies in a single mission to see if it would work and the answer is no - the progress is reset during the mission. So I tried checking if it occurs on reload so I ran a mission with the Fulmin and it still reset. 

It seems to reset based on some sort of timer. Using only the primary weapon, not reloading, not doing it over several missions and killing over 300 enemies in a single mission do not work. 

I encountered that problem today. I even had 2 Mow Them Down at the same time (possibly because of the "Recovered" function, I have been farming them nonstop for the last few days because I missed most of the Nightwave for the last 3 weeks). The point first accumulated normally for both acts (I checked the nightwave menu regularly during mission), but then after a while it simply dropped back to 0 without any reward or notification. I thought it was a timed exterminate act so I tried killing faster, and somehow it registered the point properly this time. I got 2000 standing from both act, and they were shown "Completed" in Nightwave menu. But when I extracted, both acts reverted back to their original state with no kill counted. I haven't tried doing it again cuz it's pretty much cheating at that point.

tl;dr - Confirmed bugged for me, maybe even exploitable too.

After multiple attempts at trying to complete the challenge despite its bugged state. I ended up using the survival mission on Eris. I managed to hit 150 kills (infested, easy to kill and come in great numbers) before it could reset. Then immediately extract. I did get the standing iirc. However, the two challenges reset when I checked in the orbiter and my standing stayed.

Did this again trying to "beat" the bug, didn't work, it reset again, but then I also got to keep the standing again.

Not gonna bother anymore for the 30+ nw credit ranks. There're far better things to do. It is bugged and I've found no workaround yet.

tl;dr - Confirmed bugged for me, maybe even exploitable too.

After multiple attempts at trying to complete the challenge despite its bugged state. I ended up using the survival mission on Eris. I managed to hit 150 kills (infested, easy to kill and come in great numbers) before it could reset. Then immediately extract. I did get the standing iirc. However, the two challenges reset when I checked in the orbiter and my standing stayed.

Did this again trying to "beat" the bug, didn't work, it reset again, but then I also got to keep the standing again.

Not gonna bother anymore for the 30+ nw credit ranks. There're far better things to do. It is bugged and I've found no workaround yet.