Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regards Soma Rant

xbansheex

seriously, end this irritating rant

ever since update 10, people have been saying

"please nerf soma", "soma is too OP", "ewww soma"

I'm not too sure about this but I think the staff did mention this topic about weapons before even in livestream

so this is probably a note

Soma, is an upgraded version of the gorgon, some people heard about the gorgon buff, some didn't but whatever

yea, so what if Soma has a high crit chance? it is only the second highest, 35.0%

if you guys want to complain, go grab a synapse, it has 50.0% crit chance

do not complain about people using soma, if you're jealous of their builds, go get a soma and farm the mods

and yes, I'm a soma user, deal with it

to non soma users

Soma has 35.0% crit chance but it only has 10 damage, needs a mastery of 3, 7 morphics and 1200 rubedo

so don't complain

either you guys shut up and grab a soma or mod your weapons properly to keep up

side note: thanks D.E. with the new UI system, it really helps players to see the actual stats of the weapons when modded and for players whom watch build videos

Soma has 35.0% crit chance but it only has 10 damage, needs a mastery of 3, 7 morphics and 1200 rubedo

so don't complain

Supra needs:

Mastery rank 7

7  Fieldron

1K alloy plates

7K Salvage

1 Forma

25K credits

Build time 24 hours

1 Fieldron needs:

10 Fieldron sample

1 Control Module

500 salvage

250 Plastids

Credits 15k

Build time 12 hours

Multiple by 7 times.

But to build Supra...

You have to research it first.

That takes 72 hours.

But tech goes like this.

Fieldron -> Prova -> Dera -> Supra

Each research take 72 hours.

To finally research the Supra it takes 288 hours.

Oh not to mention the COST of each research.

Not to mention dojo cost.

And guess what ? The Supra is far less accurate than the Soma, does less applicable damage due to accuracy. Crit rates boost the Soma AP damage significantly which Supra cannot do and suffer heavily against armored units. While Supra for all it's effort and cost is a disappointment.

I know this doesn't matter to people who joined clans with already researched stuff.

But when my clan was first built, dojo cost were expensive as hell (before re-tuned cost). Research as well.

And we barely had 40 people.

That was nuts.

So yeah I do feel strongly for those who were with us back in the day. 

The fact Soma outright overpowers many Clan tech weapons, leaves them feeling cheated.

Edited by fatpig84

The soma is very powerful.

But I hate it.

It runs out of ammo in seconds.

I need a weapon that can stay a weapon for longer than half a minute.

thats the biggest problem in this game,i dont use soma ,boltor or any other riffle cous in the mid. of the mission your ammo is gone....fire rate is to big with mods,and ammo is gone after 5 min of playing....something to think about DE....fire rate big ,damage  2 small,I have deleted soma after i hit lv 30 just no use of this rifflle..or any other...before  riffles have been really useful weapons ,now collecting dust in mi stock...

But I hate it.

ammo conversion mod will disagree with ur statement.

edit: late post -.-

Edited by low1991

Supra needs:

Mastery rank 7

7  Fieldron

1K alloy plates

7K Salvage

1 Forma

25K credits

Build time 24 hours

1 Fieldron needs:

10 Fieldron sample

1 Control Module

500 salvage

250 Plastids

Credits 15k

Build time 12 hours

Multiple by 7 times.

But to build Supra...

You have to research it first.

That takes 72 hours.

But tech goes like this.

Fieldron -> Prova -> Dera -> Supra

Each research take 72 hours.

To finally research the Supra it takes 288 hours.

Oh not to mention the COST of each research.

Not to mention dojo cost.

And guess what ? The Supra is far less accurate than the Soma, does less applicable damage due to accuracy. Crit rates boost the Soma AP damage significantly which Supra cannot do and suffer heavily against armored units. While Supra for all it's effort and cost is a disappointment.

errr first thing first, 12 hours, should be enough to farm back

the requirements of the fieldron and probably twice of it, no? after all if you can't do that then rank 7 is just for show I assume

secondly, Soma is a bullet type, not AP type just like Supra the last time I checked

third, each rifle has its purpose, just like warframes

Supra is mainly on corpus isn't it? you don't go gineers or infested with it

lastly, wasn't this topic about soma rants and not buff supra cause soma is OP?

don't mean to be rude to a Master founder player but oh well

Edited by xbansheex

But I hate it.

Other players know where the weak spots are on mobs and only need to fire 1-5 rounds per mob.... the rifle has 120 rounds in the mag plus another 500+. How the hell do you run out of ammo? I dont even need to use mutation. In all honesty i think i ran out of ammo once on the new boss in orokin derelect.

Other players know where the weak spots are on mobs and only need to fire 1-5 rounds per mob.... the rifle has 120 rounds in the mag plus another 500+. How the hell do you run out of ammo? I dont even need to use mutation. In all honesty i think i ran out of ammo once on the new boss in orokin derelect.

There you have it, you ran out of ammo before. How did you do it?

Soma seems powerful, but does it work against high level enemies? I have a Soma but I'm still leveling it (I'm playing Solo, that's why I'm so slow) so I still dont get all the rants about Soma's OPness D: can someone explain?

There you have it, you ran out of ammo before. How did you do it?

Soma seems powerful, but does it work against high level enemies? I have a Soma but I'm still leveling it (I'm playing Solo, that's why I'm so slow) so I still dont get all the rants about Soma's OPness D: can someone explain?

Yeah ran out on the new boss because it was our first time and didnt have the right team build. Works a charm on higher levels too, you just need the right mods. If you put the right mods on most weapons then they become pretty powerful. Its just all about knowing your weapons and builds that suit your gamestyle best. Im not saying that i know all but i do research what suits my play style  best and what mods are most effective against which mobs. Thank goodness for A,B,C loadouts.

Also Soma's OPness is because players only play lower level maps and think that the weapons are God Mode. They are only God Mode when you forma a few times and put in maxed out mods and shoot in the right spot (on higher levels) this applies to all weapons other than the ogris.

Edited by Subdash

errr first thing first, 12 hours, should be enough to farm back

10 Fieldron sample, 1 Control Module, 500 salvage, 250 Plastids, Credits 15k probably with twice that quantity

second, did you only started building your fieldrons after you got your supra? I doubt it

third, Soma is a bullet type just like Supra the last time I checked

also, isn't each rifle created for a specific purpose? you don't bring a supra in to a gineer or infested area  as much as a corpus right?

and well... wasn't this supposed to be a topic on soma rants and not buff supra cause soma is now OP and winning supra?

I don't mean to be rude to a Master founder player but oh well

FYI it still takes time, you can only build 1 Fieldron at a time, that will always slow down your acquisition rate no matter what.

Why we compare Soma and Supra.

Both are LMGs in a way, large magazines.

Both have spin ups.

Both deal bullet damage.

Only setup style is Soma is crit based, Supra is rainbow based.

However in almost any situation Soma is better, no travel time, recoil is actually pretty manageable.

It is no Braton accuracy, but it way way better than Gorgon spread which the Supra is based on.

Critical hits ACTUALLY affect AP damage.

Which means the AP damage is going to be chain criting at 87.5%.

Supra then lags completely behind.

In fact, I don't even use Dera or Gorgon in the equation. Because they fall flat.

To add insult, Soma gives 2 free V polarities, which is another 1 to 2 days saved if you got an exp booster and needs only 2 more forma to reach maximum killing potential.

Supra needs 4 forma on top of construction. That is 5 forma. 

Even with T3 dropping formas like freebies it is still time cost.

That is why people rant at the Soma. It gives so much for so little while Clan stuff suddenly feel under powered.

The only reason why Acrid users don't rant at throwing knives is that the Acrid power is still a little bit better than the Despair or Hikou in normal games.

But Supra and Dera just fall flats against the Soma. 

Edited by fatpig84

RifleMutation.png

ammo conversion mod will disagree with ur statement.

And for people who weren't around for the Mutation drops?

I know where the weak spots are.

I just use a Light Machine Gun to it's intended purpose.

Gunning down crowds.

And for people who weren't around for the Mutation drops?

hard lucky for them, not being in time for the events... or beg DE to release these mod drops in nightmare mode like what they did to sherd n others.

-cut-

err doesn't Supra fires 2 lasers at a time? or is it the other one...?

doesn't the supra alrdy doing 2x of base damage thx to this? correct me if am wrong...

hard lucky for them, not being in time for the events... or beg DE to release these mod drops in nightmare mode like what they did to sherd n others.

err doesn't Supra fires 2 lasers at a time? or is it the other one...?

doesn't the supra alrdy doing 2x of base damage thx to this? correct me if am wrong...

No weapon fire twice unless they have multi-shot mods.

Its funny how you can still pretty much kill lvl 50s with a single click on a pure crit build soma, you dont even need elemental mods in it. and no I dont run out ammo due to mutation mod. 

Imo Its op but I love it, it just needs an increase in rank requirments, 8~9 perhaps. (I use soma as main). I love its design and power I mean cmon its a tenno gun, its suppose to be stronger than those flimsy grineer/corpus ones.

Honestly it seems as though people complaining about the Soma's ammo need to use it differently. 
I've gone 25~ minutes in T2 survival without it running dry once. Not using Rifle Scavenger or Mutation. 
The ammo problem doesn't seem to be with the gun but with the players.

FYI it still takes time, you can only build 1 Fieldron at a time, that will always slow down your acquisition rate no matter what.

Why we compare Soma and Supra.

Both are LMGs in a way, large magazines.

Both have spin ups.

Both deal bullet damage.

Only setup style is Soma is crit based, Supra is rainbow based.

However in almost any situation Soma is better, no travel time, recoil is actually pretty manageable.

It is no Braton accuracy, but it way way better than Gorgon spread which the Supra is based on.

Critical hits ACTUALLY affect AP damage.

Which means the AP damage is going to be chain criting at 87.5%.

Supra then lags completely behind.

In fact, I don't even use Dera or Gorgon in the equation. Because they fall flat.

To add insult, Soma gives 2 free V polarities, which is another 1 to 2 days saved if you got an exp booster and needs only 2 more forma to reach maximum killing potential.

Supra needs 4 forma on top of construction. That is 5 forma. 

Even with T3 dropping formas like freebies it is still time cost.

That is why people rant at the Soma. It gives so much for so little while Clan stuff suddenly feel under powered.

The only reason why Acrid users don't rant at throwing knives is that the Acrid power is still a little bit better than the Despair or Hikou in normal games.

But Supra and Dera just fall flats against the Soma. 

To be honest, I've never felt the Supra were a contender at all, it even fails against the Gorgon IMO.

The slow bullet time, the incredibly bad damage (which Armor 2.0 hopefully fixes) and the ridiculous cost just spells out crappy weapon.

Comparing that with the Gorgon just makes Gorgon come out looking better at the end because of the damage type difference, add to the fact that they have the same accuracy and that Gorgon is hit-scan just makes the Supra look underpowered.

So really, comparing that with the Soma is kind of ridiculous.

Edit: I stand corrected, apparently the Supra has been fixed now and (correctly?) does bullet damage.

Edited by Hap-muhr

(...) go get a soma (...)

Let us assume i will. Let us assume that everyone else and their moms also will. Now tell me, do you not see a problem with everyone using one and the same loadout? For the reason of it just being better than other loadouts? Increasing mastery does nothing, as everyone will gravitate towards that gun anyway. Besides, they've said that whoever got it will keep it, no matter the mastery change, so at this point only people that join the game after the fix will not have it.

Your way of thinking is like playing a cRPG game that only has one class and one weapon. Surely would be the best game in the world.

To be honest, I've never felt the Supra were a contender at all, it even fails against the Gorgon IMO.

The slow bullet time, the incredibly bad damage (which Armor 2.0 hopefully fixes) and the ridiculous cost just spells out crappy weapon.

Comparing that with the Gorgon just makes Gorgon come out looking better at the end because of the damage type difference, add to the fact that they have the same accuracy and that Gorgon is hit-scan just makes the Supra look underpowered.

So really, comparing that with the Soma is kind of ridiculous.

Supra, Gorgon and Soma all deal bullet damage so they are equal in the sense as LMG weapons.

But yeah the Supra slow projectile speeds forces users to engage at much closer ranges to compensate.

In fact flux rifle range.