Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Mind Control changes I'd like to see

HalisAlter

I'm not gonna ask for a massive sweeping overhaul or anything unrealistic like that, DE can be the ones to decide things like that, but if I had to change one detail about Nyx... it would be the Mind Control and how it works.
Instead of having it be on a time limit and with recasting it taking a new MC target for something you're actively encouraged to shoot to boost its damage, implying it's a semi-permanent investment when it's not, I would remove the time limit and make it so that you can recast to target something for your MC target to either kill (if it's an enemy), guard (if it's an ally), or perform a special action (if you've taken a grineer soldier and you want them to mount a rampart, for instance).
Is even this much unrealistic? Maybe, given that this would turn Nyx's MC target into a diet Wukong Twin, but at least then I wouldn't feel like I'm wasting my time shooting at it for extra damage when it's going to just die in a few seconds anyway.

55 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I don't think giving it essentially the same function as Celestial Twin is the way to go.

Instead, I'd allow for multiple targets, and have their health scale slightly with the amount of damage they absorb.

Why though?  Even a firing squad with +1000% damage boost would struggle to kill a single enemy.

I like your idea, especially that you can guide him, this would counter the stupid AI a bi For the duartion either your idea or till the enemy dies (if he can be hurt). I would also like to see the "shoot-to-enhance" mechanic be gone and instead having a damage multiplier based on your strength.