Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt.Tau

Game Etiquette - Let's be nice

Every game has it's social rules that players develop. Here's some I learned in Warframe. 

When encountering an elevator in a map, try to wait for everyone before you start it. The elevator in Semini on Sedna is an exception.  Launch it and dash out and then drop down the shaft, it's quicker. 

When in open world (Plains and Orb V) and the bounty is complete don't drop group when the bounty is complete if you are the host and everyone is heading to the exit. 

When the mission is selected, don't force start the mission. 

When the mission is selected, say something in chat if you are adjusting your loadout. If it's going to take a while drop group so the rest don't have to wait on you.

If you have an open mike, please don't spam your music. 

When doing a spy mission, say what node you are doing in chat. The mission goes quicker if you split up.

Voice comms in Warframe are generally good, I've met a lot of good people don't be afraid to say hi. Also be polite, telling someone they suck isn't helpful. 

Please try to avoid killing the synthesis target. Sometimes it happens. 

Feel free to add to this list.

Answer a newbie’s question to the best of your ability. One day it’ll be them passing on that knowledge.

It’s a general rule of thumb to have some idea of what your team is. Be sure to look at it and ask specific members to coordinate if needed. 

Be mindful of reviving yourself. Yes, I see you bleeding out. I’m getting to you.

If you have a Nidus or Harrow on your team, or any other frame that requires getting their own kills to activate their team abilities, let them get kills. They’re typically happier by doing so and a lot more cooperative and less desperate for resources. A happy Nidus is an effective one.

If two or more people are going to extraction or have chosen ‘No relic’, then you should go as well.

If a player needs help on a quest, help them out if you can. They’ll thank you later.

Never invest in the riven market. That’s a dark hole you don’t want to dive into.

And that about wraps it up on my end.

Don't get mad at someone in pub for their frame of choice, even if its limbo. People all have their own playstyles. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Don't get mad at someone in pub for their frame of choice, even if its limbo. People all have their own playstyles. 

However if the Limbo does nothing but spam banish on you or enemies solely for the sake of trolling or intentionally uses a Max Range/Duration Cataclysm in bad spots to slow down the combat (especially in certain Survival tilesets) feel free to vent on the forum, hate the player not the frame.

On-topic: Do not rush into spy vaults if they are already occupied by another player, give them a chance to get through the stealth, if they mess up, speed in at mach 2 as quick as possible and remember that the Liset Air support can stall the data destruction and save the day, especially in sorties.

Got a few I want to get off my chest

In Gas City tileset....please look where you are going. Those traps can be annoying and I see about 80% setting them off in pugs. 

Survival missions -  For the love on Konzu's lunch, don't use the life support module as soon as it drops. Save it for about 40%. It is a pure waste around 90% 

15 minutes ago, Aldain said:

However if the Limbo does nothing but spam banish on you or enemies solely for the sake of trolling or intentionally uses a Max Range/Duration Cataclysm in bad spots to slow down the combat (especially in certain Survival tilesets) feel free to vent on the forum, hate the player not the frame.

On-topic: Do not rush into spy vaults if they are already occupied by another player, give them a chance to get through the stealth, if they mess up, speed in at mach 2 as quick as possible and remember that the Liset Air support can stall the data destruction and save the day, especially in sorties.

A reason I do Spy missions solo other then if its sortie, but I get a bit peeved off when people set off the alarm and the data is not retrieved. Insta fail in sorties. Ivara is my go to girl doing those spy missions safely having the Infiltration mod. 

* In Void defense missions, never activate the automated laser defenses.

* In high-level missions, don't bring pets that die easily and all the time. It's a distraction for everyone else. They can be leveled elsewhere.

* In radiation sorties, be careful how to use your Mesa.

if you see person using a explosive weapon please refrain from walking in front of them that is all thank you 

48 minutes ago, Aldain said:

But of course, most frames can be used for trolling. Speed volt in tight corridors, nova wormhole spam, vauban bounce pads everywhere, gauss with bright energy and max rank on his 3, loki switch teleporting objectives backwards, etc. The problem is the person not the frame. 

Prices should be negotiated before any dojo invs. Trying to haggle when you're already in the trading screen is extremely rude.

1 hour ago, rastaban75 said:

* In Void defense missions, never activate the automated laser defenses.

boooooo 

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

seems to be an accidental double topic? would request mods to delete or you may get warned for spam.

My apologies. I didn't realize there was a current topic about this already going. I did see something in another topic that inspired this, but I didn't want to thread drift so I started this one.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

But of course, most frames can be used for trolling. Speed volt in tight corridors, nova wormhole spam, vauban bounce pads everywhere, gauss with bright energy and max rank on his 3, loki switch teleporting objectives backwards, etc. The problem is the person not the frame. 

I actually think very few Limbo players have malicious intent, but his kit is the most intrusive in the game.  It's balanced around making half of the enemies in the game untargetable at all times.  As much as Limbo players try to avoid it, it's going to happen.  It's almost the only thing he actually does.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Bright energy is a good point. I know it's going to happen sometimes, but be mindful of your energy selection and the eye bleed it can cause. I know it took me a few missions with Gauss and Wisp to get it right.

Oh, and special thanks to the mods for the thread merge.

7 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

Bright energy is a good point. I know it's going to happen sometimes, but be mindful of your energy selection and the eye bleed it can cause. I know it took me a few missions with Gauss and Wisp to get it right.

Oh, and special thanks to the mods for the thread merge.

Yea. I think even gauss' base energy is too bright for his 3. I had someone using it during a hydron mission, and it was so bright I couldn't see enemies through it. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Yea. I think even gauss' base energy is too bright for his 3. I had someone using it during a hydron mission, and it was so bright I couldn't see enemies through it. 

I agree. I know I had that problem and it took me a few missions and some Simulacrum time to get it where I am now. 

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

I agree. I know I had that problem and it took me a few missions and some Simulacrum time to get it where I am now. 

What did you end up settling with? I went with a dark bluish purple. Fairly unobtrusive but you can can see it if you look for it. 

I recently played with an Octavia in a defense mission who obviously tried to annoy the crap out of everyone by "composing" the most atrocious, unrhythmical, unmelodical piece of music I have ever heard. It was done on purpose for sure. No one could compose something this bad and think it´s good.

Elevators: With regards to elevators "Last one in, hits the switch". Sometime it's a stark reminder of peoples selfish nature when 3 people are waiting in an elevator and then the 4th just joins and sits there waiting for someone else to start it...

Revives: Call me abnormal but i expect to be thanked at somepoint for a revive. it takes NO EFFORT to simply type "TY" in the middle of a mission, especially when it's ya 20th revive. TBH if someone is that bad and rude I get to the point where "if you can#'t be bothered, then neither can I" and i'll happily stand over them whilst they take their last digital breaths 😛

Timer: Starting the timer is a reprehensible thing to do, but alas its sometimes no more than the UI lagging client side etc but it DOES normally indicate the same level of "personality" who will be sitting at exit, adamant not to move even if people are going back through the map for an Ayatan etc.

Other players "helping the team": Kuva ext would be a good example - Yes it's an exterminate, yes you're a "Bayblading god"... NO, we don't need you to do the mission for us, and then sit on exit righteously *expecting* others to finish the mission in your stead. We're perfectly capable of doing a level 30 ext mission and we'd like all the exp we can nab!

and this goes for all those players who still haven't worked out what xp share radius is, i don't care how many kills you get, so long as I still get my cut of XP from the button mashing.

3 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

I recently played with an Octavia in a defense mission who obviously tried to annoy the crap out of everyone by "composing" the most atrocious, unrhythmical, unmelodical piece of music I have ever heard. It was done on purpose for sure. No one could compose something this bad and think it´s good.

actually that's a min / maxers tune, it's horrendous but it's done for efficiency, just go to options - sound and "mute other players mandachord" to avoid those atonal nightmares.

3 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

actually that's a min / maxers tune, it's horrendous but it's done for efficiency, just go to options - sound and "mute other players mandachord" to avoid those atonal nightmares.

That might explain it then 😉

I actually do like most of those rollerballs, they always make me laugh especially when they have a hoard of brainless dancers follow them. Thanks for the hint though how to mute them if it´s getting too painful.

5 hours ago, Sgt.Tau said:

Feel free to add to this list.

i don't know if it just me, but for asia region pls still use ENG on squad. they used to be few, but nowadays all i see on my squad chat was ******. i don't know if it CHINESE, THAI, or ELSE. i had no idea what you talking about. i stop playing at late 2017 and back at early 2019. now almost all PUB squad i join using their native language (probably cause my client don't translate what ever they type).

40 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

That might explain it then 😉

I actually do like most of those rollerballs, they always make me laugh especially when they have a hoard of brainless dancers follow them. Thanks for the hint though how to mute them if it´s getting too painful.

I remember the first time I saw one of Octavia's rollerballs. I was...wtf is that?

Honestly I would love a skin that turns it into a disco ball cause Octavia is a Disco Queen (in my loadout anyway)