Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Prisoner's Dilemma

Zekkii

If you bring a single corrosive projection, it will do next to nothing.  If you bring two, it will have a noticeable effect.  If you have three, it's strong.  If you have four, it's broken beyond all belief.

Problem is, do you trust your other three group members to bring it?  You know Energy Siphon is pretty good, and Steel Charge comes with four extra points on it and a decent melee boost against all factions.  I rarely see full squads with CP anyways.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Then you have frames like Saryn and Equinox that don't care about armor, and there's Hildryn, who is actively hampered by having CP in the party.

It's a difficult choice these days. Sometimes it's better to just bring a frame that removes or ignores armor.

Mag is also hampered, though not as badly as hildryn. 

11 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Then you have frames like Saryn and Equinox that don't care about armor, and there's Hildryn, who is actively hampered by having CP in the party.

It's a difficult choice these days. Sometimes it's better to just bring a frame that removes or ignores armor.

I don't understand, how does Equinox not care about armor?

I frecuently use cp and ds based on what content im going to do (since infested impedation still appears to be buged), i dont really care what people bring tho. Sometimes I even use power donation, as an avid operator player I really dont care that much and just wanna help my teammates as much as I can

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

I have no idea... i think he means he is good only against infested and corpus, that's the reason...

she*

Edited by xHeretic

Stacking 4x CP is a tactical option, but you should never rely on it happening unless you and a squad plan for it and have reason to do so.  Otherwise, bring whatever benefits your build.  Certainly see enough Gauss' running Sprint Boost...

Also, guys, Equinox nukes = slash procs, which ignore armor.  C'mon.

Edited by megalomaniacalHalide
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Does the actual nuke, the one that happens when you release the accumulated damage, trigger a proc, though?

The slash is only a bonus, even with max strength it will never kill anything. You can kill only with the nuke releasing the ability and against armor enemies you will need to store insane amount of damage, impraticable on end levels.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, seprent said:

slash proc deal true damage 

Only the aura effect from Maim will inflict bleed, and that deals at most 1,000 true damage if built for absurd strength.  That might kill weenies on the start chart, but let's be real here.

52 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The slash is only a bonus, even with max strength it will never kill anything. You can kill only with the nuke releasing the ability and against armor enemies you will need to store insane amount of damage, impraticable on end levels.

That's what I thought. Really dislike the armour scaling in this game- it's too domineering.

1 hour ago, megalomaniacalHalide said:

Also, guys, Equinox nukes = slash procs, which ignore armor.  C'mon.

There are 2 aspects to the maim ability:

The aura that does continuous DoT "bleed" damage (true damage) as shown in your arsenal ability stats - this ignores armor ,

A single instance of a "slash" which is just that a slash damage at takes armor into account.

Thats why equinox needs to depend on weapons the higher the level and armor of enemies.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

Very few instances ever calls for having all CPs. The only times when you would get pugs with CP (and this is me being generous) it is when everyone knows they need it for where they're going.

Even as low as level 100, Corrupted Heavy Gunners have over 2m EHP.  Your average gun deals about 20~40k DPS if it's built well, so unless you're using corrosive or slash then killing one becomes a part time job.  With a full team of CP, that EHP drops to 89k, and the same enemy could be killed with the might Seer in a reasonable amount of time.

But is it necessary?  I've never once in my life formed a group to stack CP.  But that's not the point, now is it?

3 hours ago, Zekkii said:

If you bring a single corrosive projection, it will do next to nothing.  If you bring two, it will have a noticeable effect.  If you have three, it's strong.  If you have four, it's broken beyond all belief.

Problem is, do you trust your other three group members to bring it?  You know Energy Siphon is pretty good, and Steel Charge comes with four extra points on it and a decent melee boost against all factions.  I rarely see full squads with CP anyways.

Thoughts?

From what I can tell many players stopped using CP when Ignis/amprex with fire rate and corrosive became a thing. And when bosses like teralyst and profit taker became immune to Corrosive Projection. 

I guess if you doing hours of kuva or similar you might find a squad of CP users. 

35 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

Even as low as level 100, Corrupted Heavy Gunners have over 2m EHP.  Your average gun deals about 20~40k DPS if it's built well, so unless you're using corrosive or slash then killing one becomes a part time job.  With a full team of CP, that EHP drops to 89k, and the same enemy could be killed with the might Seer in a reasonable amount of time.

But is it necessary?  I've never once in my life formed a group to stack CP.  But that's not the point, now is it?

Considering where we are now, that 2m EHP doesn't seem all that much.

Pretty much all enemies have armour, it might be small but essentially having CP on will (and this will vary greatly ofc) increase the damage done / speed of kills for the team.

My only gripe is when i accidentally end up in a pug team with the 3 other CP and I'd wished I'd brought viral instead.