Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Prisoner's Dilemma

Zekkii

9 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

If you really want to one shot any target, there's always covert lethality.  Stinging thorn even opens up enemies to finishers, although that's no longer a one shot since it takes a few stabs.

Yes but there is only one problem... it Doesn't work with bosses and sub bosses.

I mean, if you're going to do very long endurance, CP doesn't actually seem to do very much. It tapers off... Level 300 Corrupted Bombard has 53000 armor. What's the difference between 3 CPs and 0 CPs? Around 5 percentage points difference in enemy damage reduction. That's almost the same as not using CP at all!

Level 2000 Corrupted bombard has 1.5 million armor. The difference between 3 CPs and 0 CP in terms of enemy damage reduction? Fractions of a percent (less than 0.01 difference)! You either have 4 CPs or don't bring CP to long endurance missions.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Corrupted_Bombard

Type '300' or '2000' into the 'Selected Level' field.

sounds like someone is putting way WAAAAYYY too much thought into this....

As far as the star chart up through Sorties goes, once you're geared out it doesn't matter what Aura you bring they are all equally useless. Since you are face melting everything anyhow. The only real place where Corrosive Projection becomes a requirement is when you're doing protracted endless missions and the armor scaling essentially breaks the game without it. At which point your not PUGging if you're smart you're hitting up LFG and agreeing to the loadout including everyone bringing Corrosive Projection.

No Prisoners Dilemma what so ever. 

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

sounds like someone is putting way WAAAAYYY too much thought into this....

As far as the star chart up through Sorties goes, once you're geared out it doesn't matter what Aura you bring they are all equally useless. Since you are face melting everything anyhow. The only real place where Corrosive Projection becomes a requirement is when you're doing protracted endless missions and the armor scaling essentially breaks the game without it. At which point your not PUGging if you're smart you're hitting up LFG and agreeing to the loadout including everyone bringing Corrosive Projection.

No Prisoners Dilemma what so ever. 

For the protracted endless missions, bring 4 CPs or the aura mod slot is wasted.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Every mission I play on public I assume that the remainder of the squad will be filled with people running full sets of unranked gear with few to no mods installed.  Not because I think everyone is stupid, but because the only thing I can be sure of is that anyone who joins will meet the minimum requirements to join that mission.  Which is, in most cases, a warframe, and a weapon.  It could be an unranked Vauban with only an unranked heat dagger, or it could be a rank 30 Mesa with 8 formas on all their gear to fit all the primed mods and rivens they can cram in.  There are exceptions.  I can be sure that anyone who joins the elite Onslaught will have at least a rank 30 warframe, but that's about it.

This is me all day.  I come with unranked everything and usually out perform everyone. But now I'm mr 26 so I don't have much left to rank up. 

Only a 5 forma Kitgun and a best roll riven (damage, multishot, critical chance, neg stat duration) 132,000 dps. That's before arcanes that add 220% to pistols and kavat bonus crit chance.  Kill groups of level 90 grins with 1 hit. With Pax seeker, it'll kill extra 4. 

Im not staying in a mission for over 1 hour and I normally run solo. I build for public matches as if im still playing solo.  We all know you wind up carrying low levels.

CP bonus is not needed when your kavat strips 120% armor from multiple enemies and your team can't kill anyway. 

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip

I rarely ever use CP for the same reason I don't use Zenurik for energy, you'll almost always find other people running these.

And if I find nobody using them then it's not like it really matters as I'm not over here doing Mot endurance runs.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

For the protracted endless missions, bring 4 CPs or the aura mod slot is wasted.

You'll end up solo anyway way before anything gets "protracted".  I think in reality you'll basically never get to benefit from 4CPs when it matters in the wilds, either because at least 1 player is just going to leave early-ish or 1 player didn't even bring a CP.

It hardly even matters what aura you bring in any content in the game though, so not much is actually wasted if anything.

Edited by Ghogiel

15 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

You'll end up solo anyway way before anything gets "protracted".  I think in reality you'll basically never get to benefit from 4CPs when it matters in the wilds, either because at least 1 player is just going to leave early-ish or 1 player didn't even bring a CP.

It hardly even matters what aura you bring in any content in the game though, so not much is actually wasted if anything.

I'm just surprised. The conventional wisdom is moot.

I believe changing it can bring a lot of backlash, by either fixing the scaling of it with other members or other means. We are all used to the good old CP as it always has been and in times if you have built a proper squad, it's rewarding.

On 2019-09-14 at 1:45 AM, megalomaniacalHalide said:

Also, guys, Equinox nukes = slash procs, which ignore armor.  C'mon.

Isnt the nuke portion just normal slash damage that doesnt proc slash status?

Maim when de-activated releases all of the charge as 

Slash b Slash damage, keep in mind the faction you are facing, as heavily armored enemies, such as the strongest of the Grineer troops, are resistant to slash damage.” -From wiki

So when enemies enter the damage aura they take a slash proc, but the nuke itself doesnt proc slash. Ironically enough