Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good reliable primary+secondary at ~MR8?

EL3kTr1C

I've been running melee builds throughout most of my time in Warframe, and even then the only one I've ever potato'd is my Orthos Prime. Since I'm not too much into gunplay but still want something that gets the job done, I was wondering what are my best options given that I'm still kinda low MR. So far I was thinking Braton Prime plus Lex Prime (which is about as basic as it gets), but if there's any other good primary+secondary weapon combo that can work in multiple situations and carry me through the startchart at least then let me know 🙂

honestly literally any guns that aren't MK1 and the Seer will melt starchart enemies (and even then, with the right mods, even these can carry you up to sorties easily)

it's not the weapons that matter, it's the mods. just upgrade serration.

Edited by zorgy

vor 8 Stunden schrieb EL3kTr1C:

So far I was thinking Braton Prime plus Lex Prime (which is about as basic as it gets), but if there's any other good primary+secondary weapon combo that can work in multiple situations and carry me through the startchart at least then let me know

Braton Prime is a great choice for the entire game. I still use for everything including sortie and arbitrations.

You should also get an Ignis for casaul container opening. If you prefer face-mc-shooty then Hek is a great choice and will work even in sorties. If you want to snipe I prefer the Vulkar Wraith because it has more than enough punch and rivens (later down the line) are quite cheap.

Pistols, there are many awesome one to get but Lex Prime is a fantastic choice. You might want to look at the almost forgotten Mara Detron for in your face damage. Or the Pandero for nice slash damage.

Edited by k05h

Lots of options. It will depend on what you like. 

Primary: Braton Prime--assault rifle. If you like your dakka, it doesn't get much better than this at any MR. It also has a relatively high disposition and rivens tend to be cheap...hinthint. Also, it's a prime weapon. Bling and dakka. Perfection. 

Secondary: Akstiletto to supplement the BratonP or the Lex Prime to complement same. More dakka or some targeted ranged thump. If you want to play both ends against the middle, the Akvasto. Your choice, but keep in mind the LexP is an investment while the other two will be replaced. 

Ignis, Kitgun, Zaw, pretty much all you need even at higher ranks, just replace ignis for ignis wraith later on when possible.  The glaxion vandal and opticor vandal from the repeatable events are also pretty good and MR doesnt matter when rewarded via the events.

Edited by Methanoid

10 hours ago, EL3kTr1C said:

I've been running melee builds throughout most of my time in Warframe, and even then the only one I've ever potato'd is my Orthos Prime. Since I'm not too much into gunplay but still want something that gets the job done, I was wondering what are my best options given that I'm still kinda low MR. So far I was thinking Braton Prime plus Lex Prime (which is about as basic as it gets), but if there's any other good primary+secondary weapon combo that can work in multiple situations and carry me through the startchart at least then let me know 🙂

Ignis for mobs.  Kitgun tombfinger will kill everything even bosses. Catchmoon if you can't aim.