Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Needs Diversity

Brimir

Take a look at the two other elemental Warframes, Frost and Volt. They have a lot of nifty gadgets like Frost's Snowglobe and Volt's Speed and Shield. What does Ember have other than moar damage? There is no real difference between her 3 and 4 ability, it is just moar AoE fire damage. I've yet to come across a situation where I couldn't substitute her 3 with 4; it is the same ability but better.

So I think her 3 should be reworked into a utility skill.

So what is the complaint about? Ember has all she needs. The only thing I would change is fireball to make an AoE damage with no dot effect instead of a single target damage with dot. Or you would like her to create a fire globe protecting from incoming fire, or burning heels to speed her up? You want a tank? Play Rhino and be kind to leave Ember in peace.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

So what is the complaint about? Ember has all she needs. The only thing I would change is fireball to make an AoE damage with no dot effect instead of a single target damage with dot. Or you would like her to create a fire globe protecting from incoming fire, or burning heels to speed her up?

Doesn't kill anyone late game.

All abilities effectively useless.

The only thing that works is her massive energy pool

So she can spam fire blast and WoF

Take a look at the two other elemental Warframes, Frost and Volt. They have a lot of nifty gadgets like Frost's Snowglobe and Volt's Speed and Shield. What does Ember have other than moar damage? There is no real difference between her 3 and 4 ability, it is just moar AoE fire damage. I've yet to come across a situation where I couldn't substitute her 3 with 4; it is the same ability but better.

So I think her 3 should be reworked into a utility skill.

Ember #4 skills shld be a something like "Hot Road" from dragon nest elementist skill xD

Her 3 is a stationary defense for some object or a group of people against melee enemies. Don't forget it has an initial blast, which damages all targets it affects.

So it is a stationary more pathetic version of her 4. In 99% of situations, the energy is better spent on World on Fire.

Actually, the main issue with Ember is that the increase  in damage of Ember's skills via the 9.8 patch did not compensate enough for the loss in damage mitigation-reduction. All of her skills already had horrible pre-9.8 scaling against higher level targets, especially armored ones, and this was not put into calculation when they decided to lower her mitigation. The result? An Ember that barely does damage against mobs and hardly has any survival.

Making Ember tougher would certainly help her, but imo won't solve the main issue.

She actually has really high damage, the issue is she can't put herself into a position to actually dish it out.

Overheat does base 4000 damage that ignores armor over it's duration, but you have to be literally touching someone for it to actually hurt them. Why, would a squishy frame, have to be touching someone to deal any damage? This is where making her tougher would help, but against enough enemies you'll still fall. Honestly, the just need to make the damage radius bigger. Of course not too big.

Fireblast DoT does 3000 damage, that once again ignores armor, over it's duration but only hits mobs on the outer portion of it. Seems to be a no-brainer that it should affect everything inside the vortex too....

Giving ember utility could be good as well, but one must keep in mind that ember's damage does not stop her from attacking. While her DoTs are going you can still shoot, slice, and do whatever else you want. Most other frames must spam their abilities if they want to do as much damage as ember's abilities do over time, which stops them from doing other things and uses up more energy. This is of course assuming the enemy has enough health to not get one-shotted.

Lemme give this a shot...

Fireball: Bump the initial blast to 250 damage, and the single target DoT to 400. Drastically increase the the area of the initial blast. Reduce the cost a little to say 10-15.

Overheat: Works like it does now, only gets a new stoking [like stoking a fire] effect. The area of effect of the damage component gets boosted stacking up to a certain limit in size for a certain time for each time she is dealt damage.

Fireblast: Add a backdraft effect. Upon activation, enemies between ember and the outer ring are dealt the initial blast damage and knocked back/down exactly into the outer ring regardless of the distance between them and ember.

World on Fire: Rework into something more interesting and fire related. Something with utility that probably doesn't do DoT.

Overall, make panic more reliable as a status! I think that is the best I've got!

Edited by Kobalt