Jump to content
DaMadReaper

Call of the Void - Chapter 1: Adolescence [Closed]

Recommended Posts

One, two, three... four, five... the second they have passed her, she broke into a mad dash after them. Just in time too, the hairs on the back of her neck felt like they were just inches from being plucked out by whatever's behind her. But that doesn't matter now, what's in front of her does. No more need for subtlety, stomp your feet and flail your arms, just run like hell.

She felt something though, like this was wrong. Running. Logic says "run faster", but instinct says... no, not instinct, something darker, it say "make them run". In the next moment, that feeling became overwhelming. She saw something leap over her, one of these creatures, closely followed by another. They were aiming at the center of their group, the child and the two women helping it...

That's it. Those wretched things will regret ignoring her after she put herself into their crosshairs. Her fist clenched, she pulled back, and whilst still running, swung her arm with great force. Said arm disconnected, leaving her shoulder and only increasing in velocity as it flew through the air, aimed square at the leaping hyena targeting Agnes. She hoping for anything from a broken jaw to a splattered skull, whatever will get that thing out of the sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're moving. I mustn't falter. I mustn't hesitate. 

A step. I start moving, right into the path,and my arm's moving while still empty. The sword surges out of an arm already in motion, as I take some speed. 

This blade...It's odd. It's too light. Both in comparison to what I'm used to and physically. And yet, it feels so...Natural.

The beast is close now and...No place for doubt. Mercy was good when I was alone but if I don't kill this bloody thing dead, then that lady and that kid, they'll be in danger. Well, more danger.

Barely considering the shield in my other hand, I put all my weight in my sword side, aiming for the creature's spine, just in case it survived the rest of what was thrown at it..

A funny thing about the kiai japanese traditionally use. Breathing, speaking...They use some specific muscles of your body. When you scream, you put power through your abdominal muscles as you expire, reinforcing your movement. Also, it feels bloody damn cathartic.

"GET SOOOOOOME!"

Edited by 404Cygni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabby was barely onto Tara's back before something crashed into them, sending her flying off the other woman's back as she lost her grip. She proceeded to bounce along the cobbles, rolling and flopping around as she did so, barely making out the shape that crashed into the Hyena that attacked them. She did scramble around in time to see the Agnes and another man attacking one of the Hyena's.

She also spotted another that had just taken a hit from the metal armed woman, one that did not seem to be in the best of shape. And something inside Gabby snapped. She was tired of running, tired of hiding, and something deep inside her labelled that Hyena as prey.

And so Gabby got to her hands and feet, crouched low, and with a feral scream, threw herself at the Hyena, claws extended to gauge out it's eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martijn didn't stop heading for the sewer entrance. Not that he could do much. The cat on his shoulder was well... still a cat. It had grown maybe an inch or two bigger in the last minute but that wouldn't make do against these hyena's. He might as well ensure they can get out before the rest of the pack starts pouncing on top of them. It was only two of the, he believed it was, eight. Fighting eight of these things seemed pretty hopeless to him.

He dropped to his knees next to the manhole cover. His feline companion hopped off his shoulder, pacing behind him as some sort of guard dog, likely not an effective one at that. It was a slight comfort for the Dutchman though, as he tried to pry the metal covering loose. He never thought he'd be happy jumping into a sewer, but it sure as hell seemed far safer than this place right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two reached us, the rest is following, could they be tired? Wishful thinking, in any case, we can't loose time in that fight. 

"Don't loose time fighting ! Just hurt its legs and keep going !" I scream it as I arrive to the girl who pounced to one of the monsters, whatever she has in mind we don't have the time. The blade slides on my shoulder going down to strike the thing's leg, one advantage I had found to this weapon was how surprisingly hard it would hit, weirdly enough it didn't cut all that well. If I could break or even just hurt that leg enough it'd be one less to chase us, then I'd grab the girl by the collar and drag her to the sewers if she doesn't let go of that thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"That does it, I'm killing this stupid thing!" Tara muttered as she got onto her feet and drew out an arrow from her wrist, twirling it around her fingertips before gripping it tightly to hold it as a stabbing weapon. "Time for this thing to die!"

While she would have given priority care in protecting the child that was with them, Tara was given pause by Gabby's decision to pounce on the hyena to try and tear it apart with her claws. With a, perhaps, clearer head than the others, Tara decided to do the more tactically useful thing of opening the sewer grate up for their retreat and preparing to seal it up. Grunting, she lifted the heavy sewer grate and opened up the sewer for the others before taking a deep breath.

"Get in the sewer now!" she called out to the others, making no movement with her arms to gesture for them to come so that the Hyenas would be deprived of context clues as to what they're going to be doing if they didn't understand speech. "Hurry up!"

Edited by MetroFallout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Overconfidence is a trait that many often associate solely with humans, considering the level of higher thought required for something as basic as confidence to be above lowly animals. The Hyenas, however, seemed determined to prove that this was a flawed notion. After their success in driving fear into the hearts of the group, and their subsequent corralling, the creatures had come to believe that they so surpassed such pathetic creatures that caution could be thrown to the wind, and that a battle of two on seven would be a cakewalk. This would soon prove to be a grave mistake, as one had been intercepted long before it got anywhere close to its target, and the other had only created a momentary opening, before being set on by the man they’d written off as frail.

The Hyena that had initiated the scuffle had been riding the high of landing such an unlikely pounce, preparing to capitalise on its assault by impaling Tara, only to be tackled by… something. A pair of arms wrapped around its midsection, forcing a yowl to escape its lips by jamming teeth into its next. Immediately, Karl would taste something metallic and… viscous. Far, far more viscous and metallic than any blood should ever have been. Nevertheless, it still awoke his technocyte, expanding its hold temporarily, armoring him up. In response, the Hyena forced ragged claws deep into the flesh that had encircled it, using inhuman strength to pry away the deathgrip… only to be introduced to the business end of a sword by none other than Agnes, digging deep into its abdomen, leaving a noticeable dent in the armor. Refusing to take this lying down, it grits through the pain, tearing the arms away from itself through overwhelming strength and lunging for the sword-wielder, either dragging Karl with it or tearing him away.

Elsewhere, Gabby had initiated what could best be described as an imitation of the Hyenas themselves, lunging for the one had that been thrown off course by taking a metal fist to the stomach, catching it before it had had a moment to catch its breath. Unexpectedly powerful arms drove themselves deeply into the metal that covered the beast’s face, its eyes closed to avoid losing an eyes, only to find out that it would not be enough. While the catgirl wasn’t quite strong enough to penetrate more than a few millimeters, it was more than enough, eliciting an inhuman scream as the left eye of the creature was irreversibly damaged, technocyte already filling the gap. With rage burning hotter than the sun, it grips the child by her hair, tearing her away, a wet sound escaping from the ruined flesh as Gabby’s hooked claws come free. The Hyena then stands, preparing to execute the child, only for something digging into the back of its knee to force it to one knee. It screams once more, a strained, frustrated sound, before half-dragging, half-throwing the captive child into the other aggressor and attempting to limp its way to the nearest building, somehow still faster than one would expect.

The final group of the Tenno, consisting of Tara and Martijn, worked together to lift what was an especially heavy manhole, hiding a sewer some two or two and a half meters underground, all while the technocyte creature guarded the entrance. As soon as the concrete barrier was shifted, a waft of sewage intense enough to make most gag would hit their noses, arising from the dark, damp hole that they had opened the path to. A ladder lead down into said sewer, only large enough for one person to fit at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Come and get some you sons of b!tches!"

Not usually what one would hear during a fight for life and death. Yet, with only one arm on her at the moment, she was metaphorically burning with rage, like all her restraint had left her along with that punch. One hit wasn't enough, Dino wanted to beat it till it'd stop moving, till every twitch it makes is due to the impact of her clenched fist, blunt force breaking and tearing those darn things apart. Seeing the people she was trying to protect getting hurt more, only makes her desire those fantasies to come true more.

But she's pulled back to reality the due of a woman and a guy having opened the sewer entrance they were aiming to escape through. And the reality was that with these overwhelming odds, running is still the only option they have. But she'll be dammed if any more harm comes to her allies in spite of her efforts. She'd rather die. And so, she ran towards two of their own, the guy and the little girl, thinking they have gotten hurt by the creature limping away. As she ran she recalled her missing arm, the limb flinging itself towards her quickly and snapping back to her shoulder where it belongs, regaining animation.

"Get up you two! Go! Down the sewer!"

She would push them there if she had to, there was nothing more important than them getting them to safety. When they reached their escape, the dark sewer entrance, she realized that this might not be as safe of an escape as they had imagined. Still, it's their only way out. She looks at them, fighting and defending each other, while pretty much anything could be lurking down there and cutting off their path. Someone has to take the leap and make sure it's safe.

"I'm going in first."

Before anyone could beat her to it, she jumped in.

Edited by Denny2669

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The metallic covering felt like a second, protective skin.

The claws opened up bits of his arms but the tip of the sword made him let go but he knew that he couldn't let that monster go easily, Karl didn't want to. He felt stronger, not as strong as these Hyenas but strong enough to grab it's ankles as he backed away then pull as hard as he could to, using Agnes's blade to try and cleave the Hyena down as it writhed on it. He still felt that sticky blood going down his gullet however, it had a strange texture, kinda like glue in some way or another.

He coughed then looked behind them to see if any more would come before he pulled his gloves off and pocketed them, displaying his claws and his fangs towards the Hyenas who'd come, working with Agnes and Dino to defend the rest from the group to get down, he didn't have a lot to lose anyway.

Edited by Drakeardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 17 heures, DaMadReaper a dit :

Elsewhere, Gabby had initiated what could best be described as an imitation of the Hyenas themselves, lunging for the one had that been thrown off course by taking a metal fist to the stomach, catching it before it had had a moment to catch its breath. Unexpectedly powerful arms drove themselves deeply into the metal that covered the beast’s face, its eyes closed to avoid losing an eyes, only to find out that it would not be enough. While the catgirl wasn’t quite strong enough to penetrate more than a few millimeters, it was more than enough, eliciting an inhuman scream as the left eye of the creature was irreversibly damaged, technocyte already filling the gap. With rage burning hotter than the sun, it grips the child by her hair, tearing her away, a wet sound escaping from the ruined flesh as Gabby’s hooked claws come free. The Hyena then stands, preparing to execute the child, only for something digging into the back of its knee to force it to one knee. It screams once more, a strained, frustrated sound, before half-dragging, half-throwing the captive child into the other aggressor and attempting to limp its way to the nearest building, somehow still faster than one would expect.

I did not expect my attempt to work, though that scream almost torn my ears.

Then the girl is launched to me, I have no other choice but to catch her, the way she is thrown she could get hurt. The strength of that beast is surprising, I feel myself being pushed back by the power it gave to it. 

"Don't chase after it, that one won't be running after us anymore." I help her to her feet making sure she isn't hurt, then... 

Il y a 12 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

"Get up you two! Go! Down the sewer!"

I straighten up with a nod. "Let's move." I look around as I go to the entrance making sure no more attackers are coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Summoning her bow and picking up the arrow that she had placed down on the floor to help Martjin open up the manhole cover, Tara took aim at the head of the hyena attacking Agnes while waiting for the others to get into the sewer.

"No guarantee it'd work but I can guarantee it'd hit it's mark... HEY GET UP WHEN IT'S STUNNED AND RUN!" she muttered to herself before shouting, psyching herself up before releasing the arrow to fly, hopefully straight and true into the hyena's head, hoping to kill or at least stun it by giving it a hell of a concussion when the arrow makes contact head on.

Edited by MetroFallout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-03 at 1:25 PM, DaMadReaper said:

Elsewhere, Gabby had initiated what could best be described as an imitation of the Hyenas themselves, lunging for the one had that been thrown off course by taking a metal fist to the stomach, catching it before it had had a moment to catch its breath. Unexpectedly powerful arms drove themselves deeply into the metal that covered the beast’s face, its eyes closed to avoid losing an eyes, only to find out that it would not be enough. While the catgirl wasn’t quite strong enough to penetrate more than a few millimeters, it was more than enough, eliciting an inhuman scream as the left eye of the creature was irreversibly damaged, technocyte already filling the gap. With rage burning hotter than the sun, it grips the child by her hair, tearing her away, a wet sound escaping from the ruined flesh as Gabby’s hooked claws come free. The Hyena then stands, preparing to execute the child, only for something digging into the back of its knee to force it to one knee. It screams once more, a strained, frustrated sound, before half-dragging, half-throwing the captive child into the other aggressor and attempting to limp its way to the nearest building, somehow still faster than one would expect.

 

 

On 2019-10-04 at 7:27 AM, Cyriann said:

I did not expect my attempt to work, though that scream almost torn my ears.

Then the girl is launched to me, I have no other choice but to catch her, the way she is thrown she could get hurt. The strength of that beast is surprising, I feel myself being pushed back by the power it gave to it. 

"Don't chase after it, that one won't be running after us anymore." I help her to her feet making sure she isn't hurt, then... 

The part of Gabby not overcome with feral rage was rather pleased at having done some rather significant damage to the Hyena, before promptly beginning to freak out about the gouged out eye. And having her hair pulled. That hurt. A lot. She gave a wounded cry as she was half tossed into Cyriann. Her primal side decided that, as the foe had been fought off, it would be wise to flee before the rest of the pack turned up. 

She wiggled out of Cyriann’s arms before he’d properly set her down, landing half on all fours, and bolted towards the now open sewer, which stank like a fresh cow pat and burnt flapjacks combined. First chance she got, she would climb down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Reacting to Karl's movement, I thrust with all of my strength, bearing all my weight on the impossible sword in my hands. Slowly, it pierces through what is clearly the natural shell. If I can gain a bit more momentum the spine should be...

The blade meets something absurdly hardy and stops. That's when I realize something. I've been idiotic. I expected these creatures to obey the same overall body structure vertebrates have. But these aren't animals. These are something else, unbelonging in any of the clades of taxonomy, be it current or extinct . To say it clearly, they're unlike anything other lifeform that existed so far in history. So I really *shouldn't* be surprised to find out they have some sort of extra layer of endoskeleton garding their neural system.

I dematerialize the blade to take it out and prepare to act out plan B. As that young-ish man demonstrated, their limbs can be messed with. Well then.

All I need is to...Remember the anger. These things? They killed people, good people. They broke our lives, stole away our f*cking humanity. It was time for them to piss off. I can, in almost detached way, hear the crescendo of pure, wordless anger that comes from me as my sword takes some speed and meets one of the creature's limbs, and finally sinks in like it should. Finally got something to work as intended. The edge sinks into abnormal flesh, cutting deep enough that while the leg isn't quite mangled, it's going to hurt like hell using it, a gash running on a whole side.

Slowly, I start stepping back, shield raised, then finally turn and run to the manhole.

"We're not going to kill them like that, just bloody leg it!"

Edited by 404Cygni
Fixed some mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As things were, Martijn was holding up the manhole cover on his own, and it didn't exactly seem wise to drop it now, would make it a lot harder to cover their escape back up if he did. So for now, he still couldn't do much more than hold up the escape hatch as first the strange lady with detachable arms flung herself down into the depths of the sewer. Next the little girl came barreling towards him. It looked like the doctor and crystal armed fellow would soon follow. Hopefully the older man was planning to spin around soon too, getting someone killed this early would be a bad loss. 

His attention didn't lay with only the other sane infected around him though. There was a partial realization that it would be very likely he'd either be the last or second to last to go down, and with his cat still standing 'guard' there was a big chance the tether could get him stuck. So he did the thing only a reasonable cat owner would do. Pulling the felid creature closer with the tether and throwing it down into the sewer. It's a cat, and this one might have nine lives to burn.

Edited by kyrozon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 404Cygni said:

Reacting to Karl's movement, I thrust with all of my strength, bearing all my weight on the impossible sword in my hands. Slowly, it pierces through what is clearly the ablative armor. If I can gain a bit more momentum the spine should be...

The blade meets something absurdly hardy and stops. That's when I realize something. I've been idiotic. I expected these creatures to obey the same overall body structure vertebrates have. But these aren't animals. These are something else, unbelonging in any of the clades of taxonomy, be it current or extinct . To say it clearly, they're unlike anything other  lifeform that existed so far in history. So I really *shouldn't* be surprised to find out they have some sort of extra layer of endoskeleton garding their neural system.

I dematerialize the blade to take it out and prepare to act out plan B. As that young-ish man demonstrated, their limbs can be messed with. Well then.

All I need is to...Remember the anger. These things? They killed people, good people. They broke our lives, stole away our f*cking humanity. It was time for them piss off. I can, in almost detached way, hear the crescendo of pure, wordless anger that comes from me as my sword takes some speed and meetsone of the creature's limbs, and finally sinks into flesh like it should. Finally got something to work as intended. The edge sinks into abnormal flesh, cutting deep enough that while the leg isn't quite magnled, it's going to hurt like hell using it, a gash running on a whole side.

Slowly, I start stepping back, shield raised, then finally turn and run to the manhole.

"We're not going to kill them like that, just bloody leg it!"

Karl was looking confused as the swordswoman took their sword away then re-formed it to slice one of the legs open.

Maybe there was some method in this madness than he could see but he proceeded to reach over to claw at the Hyena's eyes before he rushed as fast as he could to the Manhole, allowing others to get down first before he would go. He'd be the last to head down the manhole, doing his best to try and keep the monsters back whilst his newly formed skin held. 

"Freaking mutts" he exclaimed in Lasiran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many times, people fail to notice the atmosphere of a situation until it passes, only later releasing the breath they had never realised they had been holding. Capitalising on the incapacitation of the first Hyena, and the current predicament of the second, the child and the living generator are the first into the sewer, pushed along by the woman with seemingly detachable arms, taking in smells that would make one want to vacate their stomach and the sheer amount of grime that coated every surface. Soon after, they were joined by a... cat of some kind, with a metallic link joining it to the man that was currently with the manhole cover. However, while this particular quartet were already safe, a number of their comrades were still embroiled in conflict, attempting to fend off the beast that, despite the results of its sibling's similar decisions, had decided to take out its rage on the party.

For any seasoned hand to hand combatant, they would easily be able to identify that the Hyenas had no particular style, or technique with their attacks, relying instead on their ridiculous levels of strength to break the opponent down, bit by bit. This, however, meant that they were, above all else, predictable, a fact that was mercilessly abused by the marksman. Taking aim from next to the manhole, Tara breaths deeply, watching the scene in what seemed like slow motion. A lunge forward, a straight line. Simple enough. The arrow flies through the air, its sheer speed giving no time for the abomination to react, hitting it directly in the head. Though the attack failed to even penetrate noticeably, the momentary pause caused by the impact was enough. Karl grabbed the beast's ankles, hands clasped tight as he pulled, forcing the creature onto all fours, just in time for Agnes to swing her blade, creating a gash down the inside of the creature's leg, a yowl befitting a cat filling the air.

The creature does not bleed, the wound pulling together at an alarming rate, the fear replaced by cold hatred. It barely has enough time to pull its face away before the half-hearted scratch reaches, only to be knocked away. It only gets up as the last of the group are making their way down, Tara and Martijn sliding the manhole cover closed just as it reaches, hearing the loud clang of metal against metal. After that, however, there is no sound. No banging, no noise from the outside. Only the sewer now. It seemed that for now, at least, they were safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The silence was broken only by breathing and the sewer water moving.

Gabby could also hear her heart pounding like a jack-in-the-box, her arms wrapped around herself as she tried to listen out for anything, but nothing. The hyena's seemed to have left them be... for now.

It was at that moment that the smell caught up with her nose and brain, and she promptly covered her mouth to stop herself from vomiting. When she felt a bit better, she muttered, "this place stinks," and latched onto the nearest adult, who happened to be Tara, arms going around the woman's waist, seeking comfort in physical contact. Her claws were sheathed now, but the paw that had ripped open the Hyena's eye had blood and small bits of eyeball on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spikey844 said:

The silence was broken only by breathing and the sewer water moving.

Gabby could also hear her heart pounding like a jack-in-the-box, her arms wrapped around herself as she tried to listen out for anything, but nothing. The hyena's seemed to have left them be... for now.

It was at that moment that the smell caught up with her nose and brain, and she promptly covered her mouth to stop herself from vomiting. When she felt a bit better, she muttered, "this place stinks," and latched onto the nearest adult, who happened to be Tara, arms going around the woman's waist, seeking comfort in physical contact. Her claws were sheathed now, but the paw that had ripped open the Hyena's eye had blood and small bits of eyeball on it.

No stranger to disgusting smelling escapes, Tara simply kept a stiff upper lip about the smell of the sewer by lightly biting on her lower lip under her mask before looking at Gabby when she wrapped her arms around her. Noticing the bits of blood and eyeball on her paw, Tara offered to use one of her discardable arrows to scrape the hyena flesh off of it.

"Better than being eaten alive out there." said Tara, patting the small girl on the head before looking at the others. "I suggest we move at least a mile or two- a couple of kilometres underground. Got to make sure they've lost our scent before we surface again and try to figure out where we are. So... I guess we just have to deal with the smell for now. You'll get used to it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well hang on, who are you people?"

That was what Karl blurted out to Tara and the others as he tried not to inhale the smell though his nose a d just tried to bresth though his mouth. It wasn't working as well as he thought however. He coughed and started to stumble ahead of them. These guys all sounded foreign so they wouldn't know him

Hopefully that is.

"I'm Karl Zakharov." He introduced himself, just praying that someone won't start an argument with him at this rather dire point or be reminded at what a jackass he was to people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yuk." I can repress that natural reaction as I cover my mouth and nose in my shirt. "Pleasant smell..." I feel myself wincing lightly from it the time needed for my nose to accommodate as much as possible. 

Then Karl asks for presentations. "Call me Cyriann. I'll get into more details later though... We need to get out before something else jumps us." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stench wasn't the worst thing Martijn had smelled in his life. He had a half-dead dog dragged to him once. It wasn't pretty and it was far too late for him to do anything with the materials he had back then. It did remind him of the importance of breathing through his mouth instead of his nose in gross situations. He picked up his technocyte cat from the ground, it was perfectly fine as he hoped and set it on his shoulder once again.

His attention shifted to Tara once she spoke, but what grabbed his attention was Karl's name. It sounded familiar. Maybe it passed by in a newspaper he read whenever he was at his aunt's and uncle's farm. 

"Martijn Koning." He shortly replies. "And this is Maya." he added as he gestures to the cat. Oh how crazy he must sound, he even knew it wasn't Maya. That old cat wasn't made of metal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing down here... and nothing coming from above either. The really made it through, all of them. Even if it's just a small victory and they'll be chased again soon, they still gave those beasts a what for. Dino would've fistpumped in success, were it not for the smell hitting her nose. No problem, just use the mouth... oh lord this is so much worse than on-site toilets...

Nothing else to do but push forward though. Like the redhead said, it's not over and too early to celebrate. It's very dark though...

"Hey, electro boy... Cyriann? Can you make some light with your... electro stuff? Thanks."

Dino tried to wave some of the stink off from her nose, to no effect.

"Everyone okay? Oh, by the way, my name is Dino Christo. Just Dino will do."

What an interesting collection of people they have. Maybe they should thank the hyenas for bringing them together. One guy sounded kinda French, the other two seemed like native Lasrians, like that name... wait a second...

"... hold on... Zakharov? Karl fučking Zakharov? You've got to be kidding me..." she exhaled "Out of all the... ugh, we're gonna have a talk once we're out of this mess, rich boy."

If she could still crack her knuckles, she would do so now for dramatic effect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Nothing down here... and nothing coming from above either. The really made it through, all of them. Even if it's just a small victory and they'll be chased again soon, they still gave those beasts a what for. Dino would've fistpumped in success, were it not for the smell hitting her nose. No problem, just use the mouth... oh lord this is so much worse than on-site toilets...

Nothing else to do but push forward though. Like the redhead said, it's not over and too early to celebrate. It's very dark though...

"Hey, electro boy... Cyriann? Can you make some light with your... electro stuff? Thanks."

Dino tried to wave some of the stink off from her nose, to no effect.

"Everyone okay? Oh, by the way, my name is Dino Christo. Just Dino will do."

What an interesting collection of people they have. Maybe they should thank the hyenas for bringing them together. One guy sounded kinda French, the other two seemed like native Lasrians, like that name... wait a second...

"... hold on... Zakharov? Karl fučking Zakharov? You've got to be kidding me..." she exhaled "Out of all the... ugh, we're gonna have a talk once we're out of this mess, rich boy."

If she could still crack her knuckles, she would do so now for dramatic effect.

 

 

On 2019-10-11 at 2:34 AM, MetroFallout said:

No stranger to disgusting smelling escapes, Tara simply kept a stiff upper lip about the smell of the sewer by lightly biting on her lower lip under her mask before looking at Gabby when she wrapped her arms around her. Noticing the bits of blood and eyeball on her paw, Tara offered to use one of her discardable arrows to scrape the hyena flesh off of it.

"Better than being eaten alive out there." said Tara, patting the small girl on the head before looking at the others. "I suggest we move at least a mile or two- a couple of kilometres underground. Got to make sure they've lost our scent before we surface again and try to figure out where we are. So... I guess we just have to deal with the smell for now. You'll get used to it."

Gabby had let go of Tara and was toodling down the tunnel with the others, trying to do her best not to be sick from the smell. It smelt worse than that stuff they put on the fields to make it all grow, and that was saying something, because that was really stinky. Her claw still had bits of blood and eyeball on it, but she'd give it a shake and got rid of the worst of it. The rest wouldn't come out until she washed her hands. 

Everyone had been introducing themselves, and Gabby was thinking about doing the same, when the women with metal arms, Dino (was that short for dinosaur?) got angry at someone. And then she did something that made Gabby gasp.

She said a bad word.

Daddy had said a bad word once, and the look on mummy's face had him looking like a dog who knows he has been naughty, and was followed up with a swift instruction to Gabby to never repeat that word unless she wanted her mouth washed out with soap.

And so Gabby, with all the authority that an 11 year can muster, raised a hand and pointed at Dino, before promptly declaring, "That was a bad word. Say sorry."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 11 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

"Hey, electro boy... Cyriann? Can you make some light with your... electro stuff? Thanks."

"Yeah I can try but Dino, please don't call me electro-boy like that it's..." I shudder a bit. "Disturbing ok ?" She is nice I can do so too.

I start going towards the cables dangling around, none of them I could use to try and run juice anywhere, so instead I try and light up my arm as I take the bandage off entirely, its warm green would at least give us some sort of visibility. "I'd try and do something but... Who knows if we find a fusebox or something I can try to do more than that."

Il y a 10 heures, Spikey844 a dit :

And so Gabby, with all the authority that an 11 year can muster, raised a hand and pointed at Dino, before promptly declaring, "That was a bad word. Say sorry."

I smile at the girl. "Nice to see you so positive girl. Can you give us your name ?" I ask as I try to have everyone have some light from my arm to see where they are stepping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Nothing down here... and nothing coming from above either. The really made it through, all of them. Even if it's just a small victory and they'll be chased again soon, they still gave those beasts a what for. Dino would've fistpumped in success, were it not for the smell hitting her nose. No problem, just use the mouth... oh lord this is so much worse than on-site toilets...

Nothing else to do but push forward though. Like the redhead said, it's not over and too early to celebrate. It's very dark though...

"Hey, electro boy... Cyriann? Can you make some light with your... electro stuff? Thanks."

Dino tried to wave some of the stink off from her nose, to no effect.

"Everyone okay? Oh, by the way, my name is Dino Christo. Just Dino will do."

What an interesting collection of people they have. Maybe they should thank the hyenas for bringing them together. One guy sounded kinda French, the other two seemed like native Lasrians, like that name... wait a second...

"... hold on... Zakharov? Karl fučking Zakharov? You've got to be kidding me..." she exhaled "Out of all the... ugh, we're gonna have a talk once we're out of this mess, rich boy."

If she could still crack her knuckles, she would do so now for dramatic effect.

 

Ah crap.

Karl should've known he wouldn't be able to get away so easily. At least he'd have this argument later and not now. He'd have a lot to explain but he could at least own up that he was a bit of a donkey's backside. At least the kid was putting some heat on Dino, if not for his defence. He chuckled a bit then shook his head, looking over to Cyriann then slowly making his way forward to take a look what was ahead but he stopped halfway to cough his lungs out from the smell and the fact he was still pretty worn out.

Where did he find that energy and why did that blood taste so weird? He then checked his chest over as he felt the armoured layer dissipate back into wherever it came from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...