Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inbox - Mailing System Incoming?

LxLawliet

I'll provide a screenshot the next time I play Warframe, but for those who can't wait, check your profile ingame, specifically, where the Leaderboards etc. are.

You'll find an interesting entry there, though as of now, you cannot receive or send any messages. Makes me wonder if they'll finally implement a mailing system...

EDIT: Here, the location.

20130925_00001.jpg

Edited by LxLawliet

It's been here for a while now.

So far, it seems like a tool DE will use to message us. For example, giving us more info about running events.

I just hope we'll be able to send eachother messages and maybe also gifts (hint: trading).

Anyway, here is another secret feature that's been here for much longer, but not yet "activated".

Reputation system that the DE discussed during one of the previous livestreams.

A feature that allows us to rate eachother after each mission.

ih7gd0.jpg

Due to lags, this screen can appear after a mission. I was stuck and couldn't do much when I tried to leave the defence mission after wave 5 and then this screen showed up.

Edited by KingTaro

How can these be in any way a good idea (either the mailing system or the rating system)? Both would add so little in the face of such overwhelming potential abuse that I am baffled DE would even consider them.

Do you know what these systems will do and how they will work in this game?

Okay, now tell me about the abuse.

Edited by FatalX7

If you played Neverwinter , the gold seller was spamming you throught this mail system , anyways which kind of message get the new player?

Well, currently there is no trading system in place.  DE will most likely take a bit longer to come out with trading, and even when it does get here, it will be very restrictive.  Go put your The World is Ending sign down, its not here yet.

Edited by alphaslider

Well, currently there is no trading system in place.  DE will most likely take a bit longer to come out with trading, and even when it does get here, it will be very restrictive.  Go put your The World is Ending sign down, its not here yet.

Maybe , but i readed in forum this Week , theire was scamming going on like free plats , and red text talked about it , just a better and hidden way to spam unless it have restriction on it

Do you know what these systems will do and how they will work in this game?

Okay, now tell me about the abuse.

How can mail be abused?

Spam and harrasment. Both of which would become prevalent, because that is the nature of online games. As for the rating system, it would be all too easy for spiteful, mean-spirited or just plain troll-like players to give negative ratings to players for little or no reason - and if said ratings are used anything like the public Conclave rating is currently, then it will lead only to elitism and divison.

What do we as players really stand to gain from in-game mail and being rated by others? Is it worth opening up the potential for the negatives described above? I, personally, do not think so.

Spam and harrasment. Both of which would become prevalent, because that is the nature of online games.

Both are already prevalent, it just happens a bit more subtle since the ingame chat are being monitored by DE staff - and the forum isn't a better place either. Besides, DE is known for acting quick when it comes to hacking, harrassment, spam etc, so a simple report with a screenshot attached as evidence (or even better, the message gets sent along with the report, so no screenshot needed) is enough to bring this to a halt.

It was in the update notes somewhere. New players get a message in it.

Could you post the relevant topic? I quickly skimmed over the recent ones, but failed to notice anything saying "mailing system" or "message".

Oh, and please do not derail from the topic at hand - it's not about the rating system (which has been discussed to the point everyone forgot about it already), it's about a ninja mailing system.

Spam and harrasment. Both of which would become prevalent, because that is the nature of online games. As for the rating system, it would be all too easy for spiteful, mean-spirited or just plain troll-like players to give negative ratings to players for little or no reason - and if said ratings are used anything like the public Conclave rating is currently, then it will lead only to elitism and divison.

What do we as players really stand to gain from in-game mail and being rated by others? Is it worth opening up the potential for the negatives described above? I, personally, do not think so.

So, do you know what these are going to do and how they're going to work yet? No? Then shh.

So, do you know what these are going to do and how they're going to work yet? No? Then shh.

I have no idea why you're persisting with that point when I have already addressed it - just how many ways do you believe mailing systems and rating systems are going to function? In any case, I'm merely expressing concern at the potential negative consequences of said systems. I believe both would be a detriment to the game, judging by the result of similar systems (and again, just how different could they really be from established examples) in other multiplayer games.

Attempting to silence discussion of the matter based on no valid premise is ridiculous.

Edited by MalusCalibur

Then please do speculate how you believe a mailing system in Warframe will somehow be exempt from the spam and harrasment prevalent in the mail of just about every other online multiplayer game that exists?

Why should I? There isn't much of a need to.

How do we even know if players are going to be able to use it to send anything to each other? If it's for us to use, how do we know how many times or how often we'd be able to do so? What would even be able to be sent?

What about the rating system? Is it going to be a dinky little system where you just click a button or two, or is it going to be more complicated than that? What kind of ratings are they even going to be? And for what purpose?

We don't know.

But even with restrictions and tape, nothing can be avoided completely. Knee-jerking out of fear does no good for anyone, or would people rather that the game never grows or receives any new additions?

Why should I? There isn't much of a need to.

How do we even know if players are going to be able to use it to send anything to each other? If it's for us to use, how do we know how many times or how often we'd be able to do so? What would even be able to be sent?

What about the rating system? Is it going to be a dinky little system where you just click a button or two, or is it going to be more complicated than that? What kind of ratings are they even going to be? And for what purpose?

We don't know.

But even with restrictions and tape, nothing can be avoided completely. Knee-jerking out of fear does no good for anyone, or would people rather that the game never grows or receives any new additions?

I'd certainly rather it didn't receive additions that really arn't going to add anything yet have the potential, depending on execution, to allow for a lot of negative aspects to arise. Expressing concern over said negativity and presenting the view that the game would perhaps be better off without such additions (especially when there are far more pressing issues with the game to address) is not knee-jerking, it is feedback.