Bagadyr

1 hour ago, Bagadyr said:

Which frames fit into defense meta? 

My suggestions are:

Speed nova to speed enemies 

Saryn for killing

Equinox/Rhino for buff?

And for the last one?

I'd probably rock Frost as a 4th, his ult is handy at times and when combined with enough range and rhino's buff he is pretty good at killing or debuffing enemies, also a tactically used globe when the sticky stuff hits the fan is never a bad thing (provided its blown up after so its not in the way)

You could take anything as a 4th tbh, i personally would also take titania just because she can just float around and do her thing out of harms way most times, esp when facing infested.

3 hours ago, Bagadyr said:

Which frames fit into defense meta? 

Defense means something needs to be kept safe from enemy incursion. There are a number of ways to go about this. 

The best is simply to remove access to whatever is being defended. This means something like Gara or Frost to physically wall off the objective from attack. 

The next best is to destroy the enemy before they can attack. This will work, but it's also imperfect. Any warframe can do this; it's a matter of abilities and/or weapons. The most obvious choices are Saryn and Khora--more AoE is more better. Less chance of something slipping through the cracks.  

Lastly, we have 'frames that can impede the enemy approach to the objective, which acts as a force multiplier buying both space and time to deal with them. 'Frames like Nova, Vaubon, Limbo, Banshee, and Nyx would be examples. 

Best of all is if you can layer all these together. It should be obvious what is needed from here. 

3 hours ago, Bagadyr said:

Speed nova to speed enemies 

No. Just no. This increases risk to the objective and those defending it. You're trading safety for simply speeding along the mission at increased risk of failure. That risk can reduced by other warframes, but you ARE increasing risk--especially in PuGs where you have no idea who or what might show up. 

For a standard comp revolving around the defense as the main survivability 

Defense: Protects your party

DPS: maintains Kills per second 

CC: focuses priority enemies like ancients and nullifiers and lowering risk

Support: keeps the entire party in check whether it be damage, survivability and ect.(most of the time is a DPS support)

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX

Also consider Hydroid (Tentacles +radius +duration for protection, then run around, shoot or hit, use your 1, collect energy, recast tentacles - can be done solo on low levels), not so good if you have to defend that blue guy. Use 3 to fill shields or before recasting with many enemies around.

Not the best frame, I just like to play it.

Edited by Birk.Borkason

RELICS!? well contrary to what the guy near the top said... neutral/speed nova! saryn! trinity! and a bubble boy or glass girl if you are staying for a while. last only applicable for long axi runs.. so maybe bring another nuke frame instead like equinox or even ember if its neo or lower.

If you're playing Defense, you need at least one Frost/Gara/Limbo/&c. and one reliable source of sustainable CC.

If you're playing "Exterminate, But the Enemies Run Towards You" it doesn't matter as long as you have Vitality or an equivalent equipped and at least one weapon/ability that can do damage.

e: And yes, this includes relic runs. You can do four rounds of a Lith or Meso with a bunch of forma'd gear you're releveling if your team aren't all useless.

Edited by FlyingDice

I would pick Frost, Gara, or Khora for the last spot.  I would like to see Octavia in that group if you can fit her in somehow.  

But, like it was mentioned before, if the content is easy enough that you can use speedva, just bring nuke weapons and nuke frames.  I use speedva up to Hydron and it seems to work fine. It's actually fun watching people hit the ground once in a while. Whenever I see a huge mob of enemies shooting the cryopod I hit molecular prime again. Just to make sure.

Someone to protect the thing your defending ~ actual frame really varies by what your defending and what your fighting. The rest of the squad can be whatever but a Trinity for Energy is always welcome.

Ex. When defending the muppet an Atlas is good with the Augment to keep the bugger confined to whatever dead end it wanders into or Vauban fighting Infested on a static pod.

16 hours ago, Bagadyr said:

Sorry, I stated it wrong. I wanted meta defense especially for farming relics. 

There really isn't one. 

If you're after relic, that means endless modes in a couple of spots. 

Lith: I use Earth and usually that means Everest, which is an excavation. I like Gaia better (intercept), but there's almost always folks at Everest and rarely at Gaia. Here, you simply have to defend the excavator and your team is frequently AWOL. Bring Frost or Gara. Other can function, but those two are optimal. I don't recommend Lith (defense) since it's a weird map and your team will rarely stay for long. 

Meso: Io on Jupiter. This is a corpus defense and has been recently changed. Enemies can fast rope right on top of the objective. Here, you need to slow the enemies down and keep leakers from attacking the objective. Nova (no speed, unless you like failure states), Gara, Frost, Khora, and the like are good. You want both protection for the objective and to slow enemy access to it. 

Neo and Axi: These two go together and there are a number of good spots. Best is probably Xini, which is an infested intercept (swarming enemies). Since it's an intercept you need to impede enemies while keeping nodes out of their possession. The best way to do this is to kill them dead in job lots before they get up to mischief. Saryn is a very good choice, especially as PuGs squirrel out on this mission frequently and you want four rounds for 2xNeo and 2xAxi relics. There are defenses in this level range, but they are either a ghost town or it's Hydron and teams won't stay for Axi drops. 

These will keep you in relics.