Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mr9 Impossible, Help please

Heccabah

Question

Hi fellow tennos,

I am getting crazy with MR9 rank up. I done practice for days, now I attempted again 4th time and failed. Watched countless youtube videos and it seems stuff getting changed all the time so most of them out of date enemies have craaaaaaazy detection range. I can do the first and second part my eyes closed, making a tea or eating in the meantime. I understand every enemy even given them names now at the third part. I just cannot do it. I tried different tactics, killing from the left, from the right, using umbra sword wich makes me invisible, everything. As soon as I land at the third section (of course I wait for them to come up close turn their backs and that is when I jump) and make my way to kill the first one....detected. If I am getting lucky and kill the first one, tactically waiting, nobody watches, running towards the second one....detected. Once I managed to kill them all except the two at the far end with invisibility from umbra sword (just went for one after the other) but invis run out I ran to the start hiding at the very first tile ------- and guess what...they detected me from across the room like from 1000 miles. FAIL.

Help please I cannot access weapons if I cannot advance in MR.

I am running out of ideas now what to do.

Edited by Heccabah

I ran MR9 a few weeks ago and found it MUCH  harder than it used to be and the tricks shown by most videos no longer work. The detection range has greatly increased. Hopefully, this is or will be fixed.

You can complete the first and second stages more-or-less as shown in most videos, so I won't talk about them. The third though, here is what I did. (When I say "left side of the map" and "right side of the map", I mean left and right as you originally view the map. When I refer to front, that is the closest side to you at the start.)

Jump onto the lower platform, triggering the stage. Turn around and jump back up onto the top platform, move three panels back and crouch. (If you crouch any closer, they will see you even from the lower level.) Wait until the three guards meet in the middle, and then turn away.

Jump down and kill the left-most guard. Time your move so you kill him behind the far-left pillar. If you kill him in the open, you can be seen sometimes.

(The tricky part) Don't stop, but run quickly around that pillar and get the guard that has just emerged ahead of you (you are moving clockwise around the map.) As you run toward him, keep a little left if you can. Sometimes you will be seen from the center. Turn around and bullet jump back into cover on the left side of the map. You now have cleared the left side of the map, with three guards left on the bottom platform and one on the raised one. Guard A will be making a long path counter-clockwise around the front of the map. Guard B will be pathing back and forth in the middle front. Guard C will be pathing in a small circle at the back of the map. Your next target will be Guard B

Guard A will path away from the center toward the front of the map. Before he gets back, the other two will meet at the back of the map, and turn around. Run out and kill Guard B. Jump back into cover at the left edge of the map.

Move to the front-left of the map behind the pillar. Wait for Guard A to come back around and kill him when he gets behind the front-right pillar.  (If you kill him and are not behind the pillar, you can sometimes be seen.)

You now have only two guards left: Guard C and the one on top of the raised platform. By the time I got here, I did it "by feel" so don't really have any hints for you. I ended up killing Guard C beneath the platform and the guard on top didn't "see."

Good luck.

Edited by Jeger_Prime

Just go to simaris and practice it over and over again. I love spy missions so i didn't have issue with this one at all. AI is super clonky, you just need to get used to what you can and cannot get away with.

Don't rage over it, if you fail try and think what actually happened. In time ull get this done.

Edit: Don't use coolant leak on your sentinel, it alerts enemies - for future spy and rescue sorties.

Edited by Spyro_Haze

That full test is currently bugged.. I wish I would have recorded... I succeed on a bug and not because of  my skill.. I practice the test during 3h non stop and I got detected on many random glitch and occurrences during phase 3... I finally say screw it, at the current state I can't do it anymore... so I did one last try as the final exam... for the first time, they detected me during phase 2... again a phase I never got detected doing the same pattern during 3h... but hey apparently this is a thing and I manage to go forward to phase 3 with my 2 remaining try left...

During phase 3 started.. I jump in the middle and killed the middle guy instead of a side guy because I lost any hope for the test at that point... the guy in the middle top platform at the back saw me... he start yelling and he walk to me.. without alarming the side guys some how because...  I run back on the ledge of phase 2 and hide as fare as I can... when he finally calm down and start walking back it was a good sync with the other guys so I give it a try and I manage to kill him without starting the guys from the side... then I did the normal rotation of killing the guy on the left, then the right, then come back on the left back of the map and kill the last one without any issue... 

I did the test during 3h non stop and that scenario never happen... I even kill a guy in front of another guy without been detected and I also got detected without moving ... just by staying in a  safe spot behind a pillar because I was on skype... I have also been detected without anyone coming at me or while I was not attacking anyone... it just say fail, my guy crouch and I got no bullet or hear anyone yelling like they usually do when you fail...  at the current state this mr9 test is a total mess... It should feel good to pass it and I should forget about it but instead I feel the need to share my experience and complain about it... you don't need to believe my experience if you not want to, after all the only evidence I can provide is my new ranking.. but keep in mind writing on a forum take time and some effort... this is not common for someone to do it just because he can... there is a real motivation behind my post...  please game developer,  just try the test at least 3 time in a row and if you don't have the same result or 3 success in a row, please fix it....

Thank you 

On 2019-09-14 at 7:53 PM, Heccabah said:

Hi fellow tennos,

I am getting crazy with MR9 rank up. I done practice for days, now I attempted again 4th time and failed. Watched countless youtube videos and it seems stuff getting changed all the time so most of them out of date enemies have craaaaaaazy detection range. I can do the first and second part my eyes closed, making a tea or eating in the meantime. I understand every enemy even given them names now at the third part. I just cannot do it. I tried different tactics, killing from the left, from the right, using umbra sword wich makes me invisible, everything. As soon as I land at the third section (of course I wait for them to come up close turn their backs and that is when I jump) and make my way to kill the first one....detected. If I am getting lucky and kill the first one, tactically waiting, nobody watches, running towards the second one....detected. Once I managed to kill them all except the two at the far end with invisibility from umbra sword (just went for one after the other) but invis run out I ran to the start hiding at the very first tile ------- and guess what...they detected me from across the room like from 1000 miles. FAIL.

Help please I cannot access weapons if I cannot advance in MR.

I am running out of ideas now what to do.

I hated it when I first did it, but I just decided to watch a few guides and learn the routes, and then I TOOK MY TIME. Taking my time is all I needed. Also, the Skiajati you get alongside Excalibur Umbra helped. But take your time and never follow the guides directly, as enemies will check corpses. You can use that to you advantage, but I'd just get general enemy pathing tips from video guides and then take my time.

Also, JUMP ONTO THE TOPS OF THOSE TOWER-THINGS, AND THEN SWOOP DOWN ON ENEMIES TO KILL THEM EASILY, JUMPING BACK UP AGAIN ONCE YOU'VE KILLED ONE OR TWO. DON'T BE AFRAID TO KILL ANOTHER VULNERABLE ENEMY IF YOU SEE THE CHANCE.

STAY CLEAR OF THE CENTRAL TOWER AT THE END, AS YOU WILL BE SPOTTED. JUST JUMP TO THE OTHER ONES. AND TAKE YOUR TIME. YOU AREN'T TIMED, SO TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED.

I hope I helped if you haven't passes yet.

I like to run these myself and make video's of how easy it is when I see people having problems, so I attempted to do this last night lol.  I dont even remember this test when I did it the first time but I think it has been ruined by DE messing with detection ranges and stuff.  

I dont know how many trys it took but it was alot lol and even then I was like a hair away from failing.  

Someone said to bring a glaive/thrown weapon and that might be the best idea.  The final 3 guys are real pain in the ass because of how close they are to each other.  I will try this again with a glaive to see if it helps but I will put up my vids after I chop em and upload them.

I tried a glaive and I was completely hidden by pillars but they freaking spotted me.  So I dont recommend that.  The above is prob your best bet.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

It's broken because it was built with old AI and it's utterly broken with the updated AI. They didn't revisit the challenge to factor in the additional difficulty due to improved detection the mob has. Best way to cheese it to use any ranged melee. Glaive, cerata, falcor, orvius, all will solve your ills in no time.

I gotta confess guys... like a week ago or so I've seen increasing numbers of similar topics.

So I've made bets with a friend of mine. Came to his crib. I was drunk. Used his account, chose Banshee and Nikana P. Didn't change any mods. Took 2 tries to complete MR9 test. No cheesing, no gimmicks.

And I hate to say this, but... get good mate. Play more stealthy missions. Sell your Inaros and Ignis to hell. It all comes with practice. Learn enemies' visibility cone, learn to move fast between them, learn mobility and traversing on heights and between pillars.

At the very least you can abuse your camera, you can literally sneak peek behind the corner like in Fortnite.

I wish I could help somehow, and it hurts me right in my soul I can't do anything about it. It is yours only burden.