Jump to content
(PS4)mrBloodshotAtWar

with atlas prime what about a rework?

Recommended Posts

firstly I for one am really excited for atlas prime and was disappointed when he was skipped for wukong prime as for his appearance im not really to fussed especially as the quality of image is pretty bad and we cant see much details and im going to be using his deluxe skin over prime skin for sure since its so good. that being said his abilities could really use an update, rework or mini rework as

 Wukong's three is a lot better and streamlined than his rubble mechanic while both give a 1500 armour increase and petrify is more annoying than use full. Eg. Usually 1. enter room 2. Kill everything in room. With atlas 1. Enter room 2. Petrify room, slowing me down and stopping my movement since its a static animation 3. Kill every thing Hes not very good at high level content as well since the rubble mechanic just isn't very good for health return when enemies are melting your health bar plus his 4 is pretty terrible and useless.

his ruble mechanic is a good idea and has potential its just poorly implemented and underwhelming while 1500 armour is a fair amount (you don't really need more because they way armour scales in WF) it takes to long to build up and drains way to fast, the way rubble will stop filling armour when his health drops and heals him is also imo bad design as he can get stuck in a loop of oh my health is dropping better pick up rubble but cause all my rubble is going to my health now my armour is dropping and because my armour buff is dropping my health is dropping even faster again this only really happens in high level content but still its annoying and is something he suffers from when he shouldn't.

lastly is just how annoying petrify is and how energy heavy atlas is while having no energy regain abilities. petrify should not halt atlas movement especially when you have to constantly recast it to keep rubble up and since rubble drains so bloody fast im just stopping and standing still all the time then theirs his energy efficiency his hole build is built around constantly casting his 1 to punch things and his 3 to petrify but petrify is a 75 base drain ability and his punch is 25 with no energy return abilities making him extremely energy heavy. i find his 2nd and 4th ability either bad and pretty much useless as well, the AI on his rumblers is poor and they are to slow and could really use with larger agro and agro range while his 2 used to plug hallways but with the game focused more on killing now than any crowd control it simple slows gameplay down or doesn't get used at all as for recasting his 2 and turning it into a boulder ive never seen that useful under circumstance and personally i would be happy to see his 2 removed and replaced with something to either heal atlas or replenish his energy

 

please do take these issues i have with him with a grain of salt as i find and experience these problems with my specific play style and understand others may not due to different play-styles as for what could be done to fix atlas being a low pick warframe and less of a one punch gimmick i really don't know and id best leave that to more talented and creative people ty and remember tenno, Dream..... not of what you are... but of what you want to be.

Edited by (PS4)mrBloodshotAtWar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was reworked not too long ago and he works just fine if not a little shallow in places.

Seems to be a trend that warframes that are not already OTT get reworked before they're primed. Maybe they'll tweak him again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlas is the kind of warframe that has an iconic ability that works well but the rest of his kit is just kinda weird.

Why would I need a wall that's too small to cover a defense target? Blocking off a single corridor?

Why would a Warframe whose selling point is punching things even use that?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Umbranoir said:

He was reworked not too long ago and he works just fine if not a little shallow in places.

Atlas doesn't work fine, his entire kit is this clunky master-of-none mess that can't decide what type of purpose he wants to serve.

Add to that that he needs to all but spam his abilities in order for his passive to not decay to zero in seconds and you have a frame that is stuck in this awkward position where there is outright nothing he does that other frames can't/don't already do better and more effectively.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my issues with Atlas:

-Range doesn't actually extend the lock-on of Landslide, it will always be 15m

-Tectonics is a weird skill imo.  It serves as a semi-decent defense tool with the augment (you really shouldn't need an augment to make an ability have a use), but the offense part of it is entirely useless. Honestly i'd rather have it removed for a more offense oriented skill but that's just me

-Petrify costs way too much energy for something that is necessary for his passive if you don't use Path of Statues

-Rumblers are cool, but not too useful overall

-He decided bacon was an acceptable fashion choice

 

Honestly though, i'd settle for them making Path of Statues have a 2m AoE petrify on punch.  Or you know, at the very least a visual of where the trail actually is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted my thoughts on it before in the feedback sections. My take is that his kit just lacks synergy. I'd love to see his punch cause his rumblers to also punch the same target.

And of course - his wall-building needs to be majorly improved. I'd rather build a good 180 degree wall in the direction I'm facing instead of that dinky little block. Then make it so I can punch the wall to deal a wave of heavy damage in a direction (imagine shards of rock flying through the air in a hail of PAIN) - rather than a slow-rolling boulder.

They also need to do something about how hard it is to build rubble. My opinion is that rubble should restore energy to Atlas. His current setup demands a LOT of energy usage.

1 hour ago, Vulpei said:

Honestly though, i'd settle for them making Path of Statues have a 2m AoE petrify on punch.  Or you know, at the very least a visual of where the trail actually is.

That would be amazing.

--

But yeah, he doesn't need a "rework" - his abilities just need to be tweaked a little.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100% that Atlas needs a revisit before going prime. Atlas fundamentally is a tanky brawler, and while all his abilities can go for some TLC, he honestly could get away with just Rubble updates and I think he'd see more play.

All it would take is two tweaks to get Rubble running better:

  1. It takes way too much effort to get going (since you are always in melee range and anytime Atlas is below full HP the rubble bits are applied to heal him instead of receive armour - making it a situation where you have to fight twice as hard to build some armour so you stop taking damage so you can build armour faster. Solution: Rubble just should heal Atlas. Just give him armour.
  2. It decays way too fast. Atlas is always locked into a very high effort gameplay loop to keep his rubble count up, with relatively little upside for the amount of effort it takes (in comparison to other gameplay loops for other frames, in my opinion). Solution: Reduce or even remove the decay.

These aren't even the most optimal solutions, but if these fixes were made Atlas would be monumentally more playable and enjoyable - and if Rubble had more upside to it then you would be less bothered by slowing your gameplay loop down to incorporate continual petrify casting.

Also, please let the cone of effect angle on petrify scale with ability range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vulpei said:

-Petrify costs way too much energy for something that is necessary for his passive if you don't use Path of Statues

Also, this 100% - part of why Rubble is so bad is because of the energy required to maintain Atlas' gameplay loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ShasOBorkan said:

Also, this 100% - part of why Rubble is so bad is because of the energy required to maintain Atlas' gameplay loop.

This is why my personal proposal is to borrow from Nidus. Rubble should restore energy to Atlas. Hell, I'll just quote myself, now that I finally found the old post.

On 2019-07-19 at 3:19 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

From my experiences playing Atlas, my main concerns are...

  1. For getting Rubble's Armor boost capped, his Energy costs are ridiculous
  2. Tectonics is either useless, or else of limited use, and I feel it falls short (literally, even!)
  3. His Rumblers, while a fun concept... are underwhelming, and lack decent synergy. (besides being healed by Petrify - but Petrify's high Energy cost doesn't make that worth doing)

So maybe, to deal with that 3rd point - what if using Landslide caused active Rumblers to also Landslide - either to your target, or one near them? I have no idea if that would make his damage too insane, but it would be fun synergy, and it would be nice to have some limited control over what the Rumblers do. At the very least, it would help to reinforce his "brawler" theme.

So if we go with the full brunt of what I suggest:

  • Rubble now restores Energy based on Petrify's cost (whether a fraction, or the full cost, either way - we can make it work)
  • Petrify's cost should be reduced to a more workable number (ideally 25, but 35 or 40 is fine)
  • Landslide scales with Range
  • Tectonics creates taller walls (Atlas height, maybe another meter), curved 180 degrees around Atlas in the direction he is facing - the radius scales with Range. They no longer get converted into boulders, and he can create 3 of them. These walls can be hit with Landslide to destroy the wall and send an "avalanche" in the direction of the wall, scaling off the damage of Landslide, and can still be strengthened by Petrify. (optional augment: the walls reflect a portion of damage to attackers)
  • Swap Rumblers and Tectonics - so Tectonics is now his 4th.
  • Landslide now causes your Rumblers to also use their own Landslide - either on your target, or their nearest target.

 

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I think you all missing one thing: his 4 should be completely replaced with an exalted fist weapon. And his 3 should be bigger 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rumblers needs visual and power and speed...maybe more rumblers?

Walls need visual upgrades to match atlas visual..sometinh more big and usefull for defense missions?

 

The problem with atlas is visual and more usefull walls....atlas need serious WALLS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RavenArgento said:

Guys, I think you all missing one thing: his 4 should be completely replaced with an exalted fist weapon. And his 3 should be bigger 

 

2 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

rumblers needs visual and power and speed...maybe more rumblers?

Walls need visual upgrades to match atlas visual..sometinh more big and usefull for defense missions?

 

The problem with atlas is visual and more usefull walls....atlas need serious WALLS!

All I wished for his 4 is to be like those Rumblers from Inaros quest... a hydra-like life span...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RavenArgento said:

Guys, I think you all missing one thing: his 4 should be completely replaced with an exalted fist weapon. And his 3 should be bigger 

Absolutely not. Boring.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

rumblers needs visual and power and speed...maybe more rumblers?

Walls need visual upgrades to match atlas visual..sometinh more big and usefull for defense missions?

 

The problem with atlas is visual and more usefull walls....atlas need serious WALLS!

What if... Atlas' Landslide super-punch also commanded Rumblers to use their own Landslide super-punch?

21 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

From my experiences playing Atlas, my main concerns are...

  1. For getting Rubble's Armor boost capped, his Energy costs are ridiculous
  2. Tectonics is either useless, or else of limited use, and I feel it falls short (literally, even!)
  3. His Rumblers, while a fun concept... are underwhelming, and lack decent synergy. (besides being healed by Petrify - but Petrify's high Energy cost doesn't make that worth doing)

So maybe, to deal with that 3rd point - what if using Landslide caused active Rumblers to also Landslide - either to your target, or one near them? I have no idea if that would make his damage too insane, but it would be fun synergy, and it would be nice to have some limited control over what the Rumblers do. At the very least, it would help to reinforce his "brawler" theme.

So if we go with the full brunt of what I suggest:

  • Rubble now restores Energy based on Petrify's cost (whether a fraction, or the full cost, either way - we can make it work)
  • Petrify's cost should be reduced to a more workable number (ideally 25, but 35 or 40 is fine)
  • Landslide scales with Range
  • Tectonics creates taller walls (Atlas height, maybe another meter), curved 180 degrees around Atlas in the direction he is facing - the radius scales with Range. They no longer get converted into boulders, and he can create 3 of them. These walls can be hit with Landslide to destroy the wall and send an "avalanche" in the direction of the wall, scaling off the damage of Landslide, and can still be strengthened by Petrify. (optional augment: the walls reflect a portion of damage to attackers)
  • Swap Rumblers and Tectonics - so Tectonics is now his 4th.
  • Landslide now causes your Rumblers to also use their own Landslide - either on your target, or their nearest target.

(Dammit, double-posted, when I meant to edit...)

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

recently they changed petrify,freeze, crystalize,...ect so that it no longer prevent status effects from applying

 

since petrify give 2x damage multiplayer & now can proc status u can boost his damge with a high status AOE weapon like pox 

It would be nice if they can boost his Landslides CC & SC to at least 10% & reduce the cost and cast speed on petrify

 

for Tectonic if they merged the ability with it's augment that would be enough for me , 

if they aim for a rework then I suggest making Atlas being able to build an Arc of rocks with a radius that is affected by range mods & hight that can be modified by channeling the ability like Gara's glass

Edited by (PS4)bdr1414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Path of statues should be a innate ability he has to keep rubble up and change that augment so it does aoe petrify when enemies are hit with it.

Would be nice to see the range you can punch to be affected by range mods too.

Also fully rework how rumblers and defense wall works to be actually worth casting. Those skills are kinda useless as they are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-15 at 7:24 AM, Umbranoir said:

He was reworked not too long ago and he works just fine if not a little shallow in places.

Seems to be a trend that warframes that are not already OTT get reworked before they're primed. Maybe they'll tweak him again

 

he was?  i didnt even notice, he still plays as rubbish as he originally did.  (unless you meant his petrify change?  that i did notice......   eventually)

Edited by Methanoid
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlas prime reveal reminded me that Atlas deluxe skin sucks big time. Limited coloring options because of bad textures/material and doesn't go well with any armor set.

So I'm glad I'll be able to play Atlas again. And yeah 100% needs a rework. Keep his 1, and then change/tweak everything else.

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His passive requires meta weapons in endless games, as soon as he cant upkeep his armor & healing there's no point, his current kit doesn't belong in a scaling game.

He actually would work really well in a stand alone game where proper difficulty were design for him. 

I actually really love my Atlas, but its weird, hes design to be a tank that petrifies enemies. Once petrified they retain all status procs, but no more can be applied. If they have a 10 million armor, you can't strip it with most preferred methods.

His rumblers are a decent cc as in they flinch or knock down enemies, and draw attention to themselves.

Tbh I've turned my Atlas into a beastmaster. With his decently high armor and even more with his passive he easily can run in and melee. With the proper link mods your dog/cat is a super tank also, and will receive healing while you heal it also. Raw damage, decent speed, & range melee work best, it needs impact so you can apply  shattering impact, it will strip armor even if petrified.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-16 at 9:51 AM, RavenArgento said:

Guys, I think you all missing one thing: his 4 should be completely replaced with an exalted fist weapon. And his 3 should be bigger 

This, a thousand times this, you need to basically run an impact melee if you want optimal landslide damage since it affected by your equipped melee mods and the base damage is pure impact. 

I would honestly scrap and replace his 3 with something better than tectonics. Offensively the rolling ball damage is negligible and defensively its the equivalent of a broken pocketknife in a gunfight compared to other defensive frame abilities such as cataclysm, snowglobe, mass vitrify, strangledome, and hallowed ground to say the least.  If I had to give a lazy solution, I'd make the walls bigger and fold the fracture augment into it as a charged ability for greater energy cost while replacing the rolling effect with a claymore-like cone blast that does puncture damage inversely proportional with how much health it had remaining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-15 at 3:32 PM, VentiGlondi said:

Atlas is the kind of warframe that has an iconic ability that works well but the rest of his kit is just kinda weird.

Why would I need a wall that's too small to cover a defense target? Blocking off a single corridor?

Why would a Warframe whose selling point is punching things even use that?

the wall attracts agro.....

Put it near a Mobile Defense Target and enemies will go for your wall first, its super useful.

Only think Atlas needs is Rumbler AI rework, but that is a general problem in warframe.
What they could do if simply give the Rumbles more fighting moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Atlas prime reveal reminded me that Atlas deluxe skin sucks big time. Limited coloring options because of bad textures/material and doesn't go well with any armor set.

So I'm glad I'll be able to play Atlas again. And yeah 100% needs a rework. Keep his 1, and then change/tweak everything else.

Nope, just ask for a different frame then and stop playing atlas if you want him completely changed....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

Nope, just ask for a different frame then and stop playing atlas if you want him completely changed....

I never said "completely change him." I said keep 1, and change/tweak everything else.

They should keep the rock theme, along with his overall tank capabilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...