Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We cut them some slack guys besides we dont know anything yet

Bountyboy312

20 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Most things what people like you want would be dead on arrival. You expect something that will never happen. When you get bored of a game you move on, the end. Also the "large part of the community" is the same 15-20 people circle jerking in those topics. You are delusional if you think you will ever get anything engaging simply because you will no-life the sh.. out of everything new and burn out after 2 weeks. Also DE IS small company, 300 people is like nothing, just google Bethesda. The big boys have bigger QA teams then whole DE. Warframe is one of the most frequently updated game on market. Every time i asked for some examples of other, better ones it turned out to be lies. You have just unrealistic expectations because you got bored, end of story. You will never be satisfied.

Define people like you guy. I’m not a no life at all Bethesda has about 80 more employees then DE at this point so the point in bringing them up????????? 

And i I have moved on again. Warframe is a game I do care about just how I partake in the ark forums for discussion on the game because I care about it. I don’t have to be playing the game activity to care about it. I can say last year I casually got to a point where warframe was to easy and such. Telling people to leave became you don’t like what there saying is not a solution.

300. People is a lot. There are AAA devs with less that have done more and made better single and multiplayer games that have been in high regards over many years. Look in this thread I listed a couple. Stop giving them the small company excuse.

DEs QA team is the pc players lol. And befor you say  de is struggling financially ask them how much they made last year off micro transactions and fashion frame. De isn’t a small company anymore struggling to keep the lights on stop treating them like that. People are going to hold them to the same standard as other devs in there field and size because to be frank they are doing a crappy job right now. 

Now lets get into suggestions. Even if a players suggestions aren’t implemented they’ve been aware of these issues with retention engagement and more. Steve has stated these issues multiple times on dev streams. Does that give them a free pass heck no. If anything people should be harder considering they know these issues and can openly talk about them yet aren’t working as hard as many feel like they should given the caliber of game they are trying to make.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

300 People is a lot. There are AAA devs with less that have done more and made better single and multiplayer games that have been in high regards over many years. Look in this thread I listed a couple. Stop giving them the small company excuse.

Did you ever consider that the other dev houses who are own by larger game companies don't need to account for as much support staff?   Remember that DE is almost entirely vertical.  They cannot count on a parent company for many things and thus that adds to their head count.    Overhead is a huge issue and often why many companies hit a growth plateau will often merge with a similar sized company to help reduce that overhead.

Edited by Chappie1975

4 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Did you ever consider that the other dev houses who are own by larger game companies don't need to account for as much support staff?   Remember that DE is almost entirely vertical.  They cannot count on a parent company for many things and thus that adds to their head count.    Overhead is a huge issue and often why many companies hit a growth plateau will often merge with a similar sized company to help reduce that overhead.

DE has a parent company however.  And on top of that it’s .... still... not .... an .... excuse with their numbers and talent they given the title they are attempting to produce they can do much better again Steve has even said things like this 

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

DE has a parent company however.  And on top of that it’s .... still... not .... an .... excuse with their numbers and talent they given the title they are attempting to produce they can do much better again Steve has even said things like this 

No...DE does not have that kind of parent company and should know it.  Regardless...Leyou is ~60% stake holder and is hands off.   This is NOT a parent company.  Your comment is either ignorant or disingenuous...you can pick.   

Every time people throw out the 300 number they conveniently don't include other factors so it is a fair comparison.   But having a fair comparison subverts many arguments so the only recourse is to shift the goal post (which you have done).

14 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

No...DE does not have that kind of parent company and should know it.  Regardless...Leyou is ~60% stake holder and is hands off.   This is NOT a parent company.  Your comment is either ignorant or disingenuous...you can pick.   

Every time people throw out the 300 number they conveniently don't include other factors so it is a fair comparison.   But having a fair comparison subverts many arguments so the only recourse is to shift the goal post (which you have done).

What factors would you like to take into consideration?

23 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Define people like you guy. I’m not a no life at all Bethesda has about 80 more employees then DE at this point so the point in bringing them up????????? 

Its 400 devs alone in only bethesda game studios. Go check who is part of Bethesda, how many employess each division has etc. DE has 320 total, with PR team, devs, artists, publishers etc. Want a better, easier one to check? Try Ubisoft, they list everyone as one company.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

And i I have moved on again. Warframe is a game I do care about just how I partake in the ark forums for discussion on the game because I care about it. I don’t have to be playing the game activity to care about it. I can say last year I casually got to a point where warframe was to easy and such. Telling people to leave became you don’t like what there saying is not a solution.

Its not avbout "liking what they are saying", its about hard facts. You got bored, you should move on. You will eventually get bored of everything in life and there is no escaping it. People spend 5000 hours in one game and then are surprised that they got bored. Its so dumb complain to have. No game is meant to be played forever. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

300. People is a lot. There are AAA devs with less that have done more and made better single and multiplayer games that have been in high regards over many years. Look in this thread I listed a couple. Stop giving them the small company excuse.

!. Nobody ever used "small company" as excuse of anything, you made up argument that you try to counter.

2. Games you posted are smaller, newer, with 20 times the budget and team and have less frequent updates then Warframe. On top of that they are b2p or p2p so that means constant stream of money. I did play half of them so dont try to bs me.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

DEs QA team is the pc players lol. And befor you say  de is struggling financially ask them how much they made last year off micro transactions and fashion frame. De isn’t a small company anymore struggling to keep the lights on stop treating them like that. People are going to hold them to the same standard as other devs in there field and size because to be frank they are doing a crappy job right now. 

Nobody is saying what you imply here, they do amazing job. You are yet to give an example of a game that is f2p, on market more then 5 years and is updated as frequently.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Now lets get into suggestions. Even if a players suggestions aren’t implemented they’ve been aware of these issues with retention engagement and more. Steve has stated these issues multiple times on dev streams. Does that give them a free pass heck no. If anything people should be harder considering they know these issues and can openly talk about them yet aren’t working as hard as many feel like they should given the caliber of game they are trying to make.

Nobody cares what you feel. You know nothing how the whole process looks and how much it takes. Let me enlighten you, railjack took at least 3 years to make, Duviri is at least 2 years away. Thats how long it takes. Its not about how long you feel it should take, its about how it actually takes. There is no way in hell they can make content as fast as you wish.

I haven't seen anyone use that excuse in 2 years.

I don't know where you get your info from, but that source is really outdated.

But, to keep the flames going...

While DE isn't a small company anymore, they're not big, either.

200 employees, compared to the thousands of other companies...yeah, no. I wouldn't call that big.

Besides, do you really think all 200 people work on the same content? They got like, what, 20 people working on stuff, while 180 others are working on completely different things each.

4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Its 400 devs alone in only bethesda game studios. Go check who is part of Bethesda, how many employess each division has etc. DE has 320 total, with PR team, devs, artists, publishers etc. Want a better, easier one to check? Try Ubisoft, they list everyone as one company.

Its not avbout "liking what they are saying", its about hard facts. You got bored, you should move on. You will eventually get bored of everything in life and there is no escaping it. People spend 5000 hours in one game and then are surprised that they got bored. Its so dumb complain to have. No game is meant to be played forever. 

!. Nobody ever used "small company" as excuse of anything, you made up argument that you try to counter.

2. Games you posted are smaller, newer, with 20 times the budget and team and have less frequent updates then Warframe. On top of that they are b2p or p2p so that means constant stream of money. I did play half of them so dont try to bs me.

Nobody is saying what you imply here, they do amazing job. You are yet to give an example of a game that is f2p, on market more then 5 years and is updated as frequently.

Nobody cares what you feel. You know nothing how the whole process looks and how much it takes. Let me enlighten you, railjack took at least 3 years to make, Duviri is at least 2 years away. Thats how long it takes. Its not about how long you feel it should take, its about how it actually takes. There is no way in hell they can make content as fast as you wish.

Wrong. It’s 400 employees to date total @ Bethesda and with that being said there split into teams / groups as well to do assigned task / work for the company. The idea that everyone is a dev or senior dev that has grade A experience with such is humorous at best. If you can find any information to prove that as a fact or disprove my statement please cite your sources.

its not about “get bored move on” nobody is surprised people get bored of warframe  or leave. It’s the low retention and engagement that people are worried about. We’re aware that no game is meant to be played forever it’s common knowledge. But the assumption that people only play warframe or just are here to complain is again very humorous to me. Something you assume and imply by your statements and how you carry your argument.

1. It’s an excuse that is largely used to defend or blanket DE from criticism and I’ve seen it countless times if not implied by how those who do mention it go about it... 

2. While some games may be p2p or have more  ways to earn money along with budget at this point it’s still no excuse. DE in itself is a very profitable and shall i say talented enough group to where they can compete and HAVE compete with titles that are subscription based or pay to play.  Tera and Neverwinter  have been out for a while as well and while Tera wasn’t always f2p in my knowledge it is now and I can say the content as well as neverwinters is updated slightly more frequently with more things to do as well in terms of sustainability. 

Stop giving De excuses brother.

again you don’t have to care about how I feel whether or not you do or anyone does dosent matter I’m going to voice my opinion on subjects I like as I please. And if you have an issue with that you can 

A.  Not reply

B. Ignore me 

C. Chat with me about it 

D. Any of the above 

pick your poison. 

Im aware of the dev cycle of the game. I’ve been with warframe for a while and this is just one of my account being that my first ls4 account I lost access to while getting a new one and I even tried to play on pc for a bit.

your stating things to me to try to enlighten me is again humorous.  

The dev cycle is okay for massive updates I have no issues about that. But not having anything in the game until an update comes that a majority of the community will likely be done with in about 1-2 months if not less is saddening. On top of that not having a lot of replay ability or decadent retention or enough planned or produced to keep players over until these massive waits Is not acceptable either.

nobody has a gun to des entire staff making demands it’s simply suggestions on the forums. Stop being overly aggressive online because your really like the devs trying to seem like you yourself are an insider with info privy to the situation. You dont

youre a player like me and everyone else

you’re just like everyone else.

stop

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The dev cycle is okay for massive updates I have no issues about that. But not having anything in the game until an update comes that a majority of the community will likely be done with in about 1-2 months if not less is saddening. On top of that not having a lot of replay ability or decadent retention or enough planned or produced to keep players over until these massive waits Is not acceptable either.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

not having anything in the game

Really? Nothing there? I guess we're ignoring Nightwave, Arbitrations, ESO, Syndicate missions, Ayatan hunts, Clem's quests, Fissures, Sorties, random events, PoE and Fortuna, and, oh, LITERALLY THE ENTIRE STARCHART? There is so much content in Warframe already, it's just that none of you want to play it. You're clawing at DE's legs, skwawking at them like a baby bird desperate for your next meal. You're impatient and come here to the forums to proclaim doom so that everyone will think the same as you.

If you're going to say:

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

We’re aware that no game is meant to be played forever

THEN ACT LIKE IT.

7 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Really? Nothing there? I guess we're ignoring Nightwave, Arbitrations, ESO, Syndicate missions, Ayatan hunts, Clem's quests, Fissures, Sorties, random events, PoE and Fortuna, and, oh, LITERALLY THE ENTIRE STARCHART? There is so much content in Warframe already, it's just that none of you want to play it. You're clawing at DE's legs, skwawking at them like a baby bird desperate for your next meal. You're impatient and come here to the forums to proclaim doom so that everyone will think the same as you.

If you're going to say:

THEN ACT LIKE IT.

Completed the star chat. I have about 200k Endo and I got bored so there’s an ayitan robot in my ship. Clem’s quest are brain dead 

Nightwave is a battle pass that you do while in many cases just passively playing. 

Poe I’m max standing 

fortuna ^ 

name a fresh event besides dog days . Cause uh? Where do you see events 

arbys I have everything out the shop and again. The gamemode isn’t as what’s advertised.

IVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU STATED WHY ARE YOU YELLING OVER THE KEYBOARD

That’s what you sound like 

theres no sustainable content or should I say not a lot to people. If you disagree that’s your opinion and it’s cool on me. But stop brigading the forums because someone hurt your feelings cause we said something you don’t like about the game. Nobody is proclaiming doom nor did I say anything to reference and infer that. We’re talking about completely different things here. Go sit in an earth mission kiddo I’m done here

Wrong. It’s 400 employees to date total @ Bethesda and with that being said there split into teams / groups as well to do assigned task / work for the company. The idea that everyone is a dev or senior dev that has grade A experience with such is humorous at best. If you can find any information to prove that as a fact or disprove my statement please cite your sources.

Its not total, its only Bethesda game studios, Zenimax for example are also part of Bethesda and are not listed there. Bethesda softworks and Bethesda game studios are 2 different parts, one is dev team and the other publisher.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

its not about “get bored move on” nobody is surprised people get bored of warframe  or leave. It’s the low retention and engagement that people are worried about. We’re aware that no game is meant to be played forever it’s common knowledge. But the assumption that people only play warframe or just are here to complain is again very humorous to me. Something you assume and imply by your statements and how you carry your argument.

I never stated they only play warframe, you are making things up. It doesnt change the fact that they got bored. Every single F2P game has low retention, that just how it works, may people just try it and leave it because it doesnt cost anything. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

1. It’s an excuse that is largely used to defend or blanket DE from criticism and I’ve seen it countless times if not implied by how those who do mention it go about it... 

Point me to one such topic. Nobody is using it. All people say is that you have unrealistic expectations and that 300 is not really big.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

2. While some games may be p2p or have more  ways to earn money along with budget at this point it’s still no excuse. DE in itself is a very profitable and shall i say talented enough group to where they can compete and HAVE compete with titles that are subscription based or pay to play.  Tera and Neverwinter  have been out for a while as well and while Tera wasn’t always f2p in my knowledge it is now and I can say the content as well as neverwinters is updated slightly more frequently with more things to do as well in terms of sustainability. 

Stop giving De excuses brother.

1. Im not giving excuses, im just not dumb to complain when i know how long things take.

2.Thing that come to both of games you listed are labeled as "not content" by community. They are also backed up by larger companies and pumped with a lot more $. The updates in those games are mostly relegated to bug fixes and balance changes, yes i did check. They are also completely different games, with different goals and thabks to that it easier to make "content" for them. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

But they do give you constant content, it just happens that you play only that and get burned out. You wont be getting new missions, raids, new exciting rewards every week. Go check how many things came out within last 18 months. You expect something that has no way of happening. It not story driven game, its not mmo, its fkn diablo with shooting. Thats what it is and expecting something else is dumb. You wont get big content drops every 3 months.  

19 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

nobody has a gun to des entire staff making demands it’s simply suggestions on the forums. Stop being overly aggressive online because your really like the devs trying to seem like you yourself are an insider with info privy to the situation. You dont

youre a player like me and everyone else

you’re just like everyone else.

stop

Stop trying to save game that doesnt need saving. You are not entitled to those demands, no matter how you want to hide it you demand "more things" and thats all this topic is about. Anybody that understands how things work and is ok you label as white knight (dont try to hide it) when you are just a hater. 

11 minutes ago, Sagittarix said:

I bet it took you ages to crawl through the whole forum archives to come to that conclusion. 

I dont care, maybe somebody someday did but he makes it like it thrown left right and center. Nobody really cares about their size only those that try to hide behind pompous speeches. Its like with vets constantly crying about "new players" when no new player makes points they complain about.

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Why are you worried about that when DE isn't? What numbers do you people have that DE doesn't? How did you even come to that conclusion?

Steams numbers. Is a prime example while it can’t be a definite connection if steams playerbase drops off every few months image how console players fair who also generally tend to go to other games more frequently and are more likely to drop a f2p game faster. Retention is very important. 

Mans obviously they are if they’ve implemented battle passes and isworming on the new player experience brother 

Steams numbers. Is a prime example while it can’t be a definite connection if steams playerbase drops off every few months image how console players fair who also generally tend to go to other games more frequently and are more likely to drop a f2p game faster. Retention is very important. 

Mans obviously they are if they’ve implemented battle passes and isworming on the new player experience brother 

But once again, why do you care if DE doesn't? DE has those numbers and even more, and they apparently don't care, so why are you so worried about a thing that shouldn't even concern you (unless you're a DE investor, in which case my apologies)?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Completed the star chat. I have about 200k Endo and I got bored so there’s an ayitan robot in my ship. Clem’s quest are brain dead 

Nightwave is a battle pass that you do while in many cases just passively playing. 

Poe I’m max standing 

fortuna ^ 

name a fresh event besides dog days . Cause uh? Where do you see events 

arbys I have everything out the shop and again. The gamemode isn’t as what’s advertised.

IVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU STATED WHY ARE YOU YELLING OVER THE KEYBOARD

That’s what you sound like 

theres no sustainable content or should I say not a lot to people. If you disagree that’s your opinion and it’s cool on me. But stop brigading the forums because someone hurt your feelings cause we said something you don’t like about the game. Nobody is proclaiming doom nor did I say anything to reference and infer that. We’re talking about completely different things here. Go sit in an earth mission kiddo I’m done here

If you've done everything, why do you expect that the next update will magically fill that hole in your heart? You and your ilk ask the impossible with a straight face and declare everyone who disagrees to be a white knight or whatever insult is 'in' these days.

Every topic like this ends the same. It's clear that no matter how much this is discussed, neither side is actually listening. Neither side is willing to take on new information, nor change their views. Nobody who participates in this is learning or reflecting, and nothing is gained. I'm sick of these threads.

I'd like to request any moderators who see this, close this thread and any like it that appear. They are useless and a waste of both energy and forum space (quite the accomplishment).

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

What is the steam retention variance for warframe year over year?

I ask because you must be using this as a litmus.

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

If there are so many, then surely you will be able to name a few. Accounting for genre and complexity of development, of course.

Dude, just stop.
I've worked at one of the 8th largest publishers on the planet and we had more QA testers than DE's entire staff roster. The OP has a valid point! Sure we had over 300 QA testers, but as for Developers? There were 20 available on the best of days and they were working on up to 6 games at once. I don't want to hear excuses from a consumer with Founders PTSD. The folks working behind the scenes can speak for themselves (literally doing so with recent content).