Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We cut them some slack guys besides we dont know anything yet

Bountyboy312

50 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Shawzin, deluxe skins, weapon skins, operator cosmetics, floofs, nope none at all. Tennogen is a whole different ball game though I admit. Even if it's someone else designing it, they're still selling it for plat andessting resources designing tiresome stuff like the shawzin.

Even with all of those there still more tennogen skins which are easily the majority of cosmetics. I will admit I did not consider decoration items and only thought of items for the playable charcater or pets.

7 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Even with all of those there still more tennogen skins which are easily the majority of cosmetics. I will admit I did not consider decoration items and only thought of items for the playable charcater or pets.

Agreed and they do still make a profit on tennogen as well albeit not as much but things like all the orbiter decorations ie rugs, cat beds etc are pure profit makers and that's the area they are increasingly focused on as opposed to actually providing gameplay. Frames are being churned out with more and more frequency and less thought process (seriously Gauss is garbage) with the aim being to provide a new shiny for which cosmetics can be purchased. Quests are no longer attached to new frames either as it's been seen as a waste of resources. What is ACTUALLY a waste of resources is producing half baked frame concepts like Gauss instead of taking their time and developing it thoroughly.

Edited by Zilchy

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Agrees and they do still make a profit on tennogen as well albeit not as much but things like all the orbiter decorations ie rugs, cat beds etc are pure profit makers and that's the area they are increasingly focused on as opposed to actually providing gameplay. Frames are being churned out with more and more frequency and less thought process (seriously Gauss is garbage) with the aim being to provide a new shiny for which cosmetics can be purchased.

Remember when you had to do quest to get some frames, good old days, chains of harrow was a nice quest. I agree gauss is pointless and honestly when a new frame is released the first thing I do is say what role is this honestly gonna play and even if it is a good frame if I have nothing to do with it then I don't care.

Edited by S.Dust

3 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Remember when you had to do quest to get some frames, good old days, chains of harrow was a nice quest.

Yeh man and I'd much rather receive half as many new frames in exchange for quality ones with awesome quests like that attached. And Harrow is an excellent frame as well. They got it right semi-right with Hildryn but it was less of a quest to get her and more of an additive to an already existing tactical alert(exploiter orb quest)

Edited by Zilchy

5 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Yeh man and I'd much rather receive half as many new frames in exchange for quality ones with awesome quests like that attached. 

Wouldn't be able to pump out over priced prime access if they ran out of frames to prime.

Just now, Zilchy said:

True that. Never bought one, never will. $200 in my country.

$140 here if you want the full thing and I havent bought any either. I have gotten some accessories from unvaultings since they become $20 instead of $40 and even then im selective honestly I have no intention of spending money on the game with how inconsistent it is right now. 

What they're trying to do with Railjack must be a monstrosity in terms of work. It doesn't surprise me in the least that they showed it at two different Tennocons (so I've heard). To me, it looks basically like a completely new game tacked onto Warframe. Two years of work coding Railjack up and also releasing new frames/weapons/bosses/Nightwave and improving the existing game content? That's nuts! I'll be surprised if they release Railjack this year.

2 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

$140 here if you want the full thing and I havent bought any either. I have gotten some accessories from unvaultings since they become $20 instead of $40 and even then im selective honestly I have no intention of spending money on the game with how inconsistent it is right now. 

I bought the misa syandana cos it's gorgeous but even that was a whopping $70 lol. But for the most part I'd rather farm it all and not give them my money unless they earn it.

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Largely? Yes.

If you don't have a publisher, you're independent. The term is generally used to refer to much smaller teams making much smaller games, but it's still short for independent.

DE made this game independently, with the only financial backing coming from players.

Aren't they now owned by leyou with a board guiding decisions? Not sure indie quite suits them anymore. 

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

Aren't they now owned by leyou with a board guiding decisions? Not sure indie quite suits them anymore. 

They've stressed that Leyou have no say in what they do, so I'd argue it's still them.

My post was deliberately past tense however, because I'm unsure myself tbh.

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

People tell me that about dogs all the time.

"It's just a puppy."

"Yes, but it looks like it wants to, and could quite happily manage to, eat me. It's a hellhound"

My cousin has a dog like that.

Me:  Visits cousin's house, riding in the passenger side of a pickup truck.  A big truck.

Dog:  Looks straight in through passenger window, without jumping up.

Cousin:  Did you meet our new puppy?  She's still growing.

Me:  Someone should tell her she can stop now.

1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

My cousin has a dog like that.

Me:  Visits cousin's house, riding in the passenger side of a pickup truck.  A big truck.

Dog:  Looks straight in through passenger window, without jumping up.

Cousin:  Did you meet our new puppy?  She's still growing.

Me:  Someone should tell her she can stop now.

That's the sort of dog that would cause my cheeks to clench so hard that I do permanent damage to myself.

The sort of dog that's clearly just a horse in disguise.

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

At this stage however that's akin to telling someone your 3 year old cat that's now 10kg is "still just a kitten" as it attempts to gnaw your leg off in the hopes that you'll feed it 😄

Well their still a small studio who have come so far as to be comapred to the big lueagues. But no matter how big they get it doesnt change the fact that they are a team many times smaller than those their comapred to. While yeah 6 month content droughts are long periods of time, but big studios can go months without content too. And they have a S#&$load of available workhours per week comapred to DE. Hell how many did warframe have 150-300 ish? The ones their comapred to tend to have over 1000 workers on their projects! So if ya want an accurate comparison then divide DEs drought period by 3 and comapre to AAA droughts. Spoiler, DEs droughts are shorter than one might have though.

7 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

guys can we please leave de alone. 

They are an indie company and they work hard. The content is going to come when it comes. And it’s going to be great! We just have to be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day! Cut them some slack. DE won’t work well rushed and with everyone begging for content. I love DE and everyone in the forums but gosh we gotta stop being so hard on DE.

Lol Kek

to bad so many of the players that complain about content not coming to consoles fast enough.
its like 😮 they think cause something digital means that afew button presses can make hundreds hours of work in just less than a minute

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

They've stressed that Leyou have no say in what they do, so I'd argue it's still them.

My post was deliberately past tense however, because I'm unsure myself tbh.

Leyou is just a holding company atm and like you said DE still has most of the decision making power but they dont own the most shares anymore its pretty much Leyou as a owner that lets DE do w/e. They have two other game studios under them now and used to be a chicken company iirc.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

300+ employees working at DE takes forever to release content

50 employees working on Greedyfall consistent content drops and deep systems

hmmmm

Did you just compare the giant that is Warframe that people are complaining there's nothing to do in with 1k hours played with an overrated single player game that takes 15h to "beat" and some get bored with way before that? With reused items and environments all over the place and every palace in every city looking the same? You think their three different points to earn and three different skill lines that you can mix and match with are deeper than Warframe's mods, rivens, arcanes, plentiful selection of weapons and frames, operator and their focus, amps, companions, "vehicles" etc?

I'm glad you found a game you like in the gap that BioWare has left in our hearts but you don't have to bring it up wherever you can go get people on your hype train.

Warframe isn't perfect and content might be slow but you're not comparing like for like and not adding anything to the argument by mentioning random single player games.

• Like 1

Yeah sorry no this excuse can not be uaed anymore based on how big warframe's work force is. Warframe is no longer that small indie company that puts time and effort into their new content, with over 200 employees there is absolutely no reason why content like this takes so bloody long, there is no reason gamemodes take for ever to be updated, there is no reason for arbitration to still be in the garbage state that it still is, if warframe was a small workforce of like 50 or more people i would understand, but with the amount of people they have working on this game, there is no reason recent "content"(if I can even call it that) has been so lack luster. 

oH bUt yOuvE nEvER wOrKeD oN wArFrAmE bEfoRe iD yOu dOnT kNow HoW hArD iT iS to mAkE tHesE uPdaTeS!

Sorry but i dont need to work at de to see what ia obviously wrong but hey please continue white kniting De until theyre grinded into thw dirt. Ive pretty much given up on emperyan because its juat gonna be the same as Fortuna and poe, big content that will be played for like a month and then wont be updated again until 2023 and ots just gonna be the same never ending cycle of meaningless content and when more and more people are fed up with this, there will always be people defending the road de has been driving warframe into.

• Like 2