Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VotumPrime

Name One Enemy Unit That Actually Poses A Serious Threat To The Tenno!

After a couple of derelict runs yesterday, I think I’ve got it. The biggest threat to the Tenno is walking into any high level with all the dragon keys still equiped.

It's the Corrupted Crewmen in the Void. Those guys always do way more damage that you expect, enough to one shot a caster frame at point blank from full health and shields. And more importantly he is a trash mob which means he is everywhere and his glancing hits don't deal much so he lowers your guard.

Every now and then I see one and go to melee him to death, don't quite kill him in one hit and he does 1200 damage to me taking me out. I blink open my mouth and get mildly annoyed at how much damage a regular dude does at point blank and move on, reminded that he exists and being a little bit more careful but still not too careful because my pride refuses to acknowledge a corrupted crewman as an actual threat.

1 hour ago, Cloudyvisage said:

It's the Corrupted Crewmen in the Void. Those guys always do way more damage that you expect, enough to one shot a caster frame at point blank from full health and shields. And more importantly he is a trash mob which means he is everywhere and his glancing hits don't deal much so he lowers your guard.

Every now and then I see one and go to melee him to death, don't quite kill him in one hit and he does 1200 damage to me taking me out. I blink open my mouth and get mildly annoyed at how much damage a regular dude does at point blank and move on, reminded that he exists and being a little bit more careful but still not too careful because my pride refuses to acknowledge a corrupted crewman as an actual threat.

I don't think so. I think the platinum standard for testing survivability is Inaros with Arcane Grace and Arcane Guardian. Even 20 Corrupted Crewmen couldn't do a thing, especially when used with Magus Repair.

5 hours ago, Cloudyvisage said:

They probably do way more damage than you expect because they're actually doing way more damage than they're supposed to. That would be 3x damage in T4 void (the Aten to Mot branch)... this is not documented anywhere.

3 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

I don't think so. I think the platinum standard for testing survivability is Inaros with Arcane Grace and Arcane Guardian. Even 20 Corrupted Crewmen couldn't do a thing, especially when used with Magus Repair.

20 Orb Vallis versions of the Crewman will cheat and magically one shot the Inaros somehow. Orb Vallis Corpus are the worst... I hate them like the plague. It's not that they're hard to kill... it's that they cheese you in inexplicable ways sometimes! I guess it's DE's revenge for us cheesing all the content. By comparison, the PoE Grineer are a walk in the park. They are pretty consistent... no surprises either. No "what the?" moments with them..

EDIT: Oh yeah... they'll probably grenade the Inaros which will one shot him 50m away from where it landed. And then a Terra Shield Osprey will stick a nullifier bubble on Inaros preventing his passive from working. And knowing Orb Vallis, the grenades probably do like 10x the damage with 10x the range! I don't know... It's Orb Vallis! Anything can happen! I hate Orb Vallis...

3 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Why do you keep making threads of this nature just to dismiss the people who answer your questions? I just don't get it. Someone says x thing is difficult and you respond with "nope x thing can survive/kill it" you come across as though you are trying to just show off and find an excuse to insert more plugs to your channel.

Warframes enemies are not that difficult and most likely never will be due to the nature of the game and warframes themselves, anything can be cheesed with the right setup, its more or less not which is the most threatening enemy but which one poses the largest annoyance in my mass murder spree.

1 hour ago, Monochromeatic said:

Why do you keep making threads of this nature just to dismiss the people who answer your questions? I just don't get it. Someone says x thing is difficult and you respond with "nope x thing can survive/kill it" you come across as though you are trying to just show off and find an excuse to insert more plugs to your channel.

Warframes enemies are not that difficult and most likely never will be due to the nature of the game and warframes themselves, anything can be cheesed with the right setup, its more or less not which is the most threatening enemy but which one poses the largest annoyance in my mass murder spree.

Please... Hildryn can survive much longer than Inaros.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Please... Hildryn can survive much longer than Inaros.

I agree! But I think you quoted the wrong tenno :p

1 minute ago, Monochromeatic said:

I agree! But I think you quoted the wrong tenno 😛

Oh sorry lol.

5 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Hildryn can survive for far longer than Inaros.

5 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

You will reach a point when even inaros will die  with one shoot. I think it's after 30.000 point on disruption and on arbitration even sooner just to give an example. After that only invisible frames or total immunity can save you but  if you don't get inside a bubble or a new toxic enemy kill you 50 meter away...

BTW arcane grace it's totally useless on him,  you use magnus repair...It's not so hard, just press operator and the health is back..

That yellow infested goo.  If you get knocked down in that stuff it can seriously chunk through your health once you get up to lvl 150-200 ish.

And grenades of course.  Random death from a nade you can't see that landed somewhere in the same room as you're in.

Well if we look at it as a horde mechanic in a 4 man team with a limbo or frost what other mobs are gonna threaten you other than leeching eximus, Ancients, nullifiers and bombards

8 hours ago, bibmobello said:

You will reach a point when even inaros will die  with one shoot. I think it's after 30.000 point on disruption and on arbitration even sooner just to give an example. After that only invisible frames or total immunity can save you but  if you don't get inside a bubble or a new toxic enemy kill you 50 meter away...

BTW arcane grace it's totally useless on him,  you use magnus repair...It's not so hard, just press operator and the health is back..

Yes. However, once it gets to that point anything can one shot us. What I really want is for harder enemies that are strong even at level 1. I liked the high damage and low health approach when they introduced Night Watch Grineer.

On 2019-09-15 at 6:05 PM, VotumPrime said:

Anything that isn't Tenno.

you monster! how dare you lump in the hard working class folks of Cetus and Fortuna with our enemies! Fascist! 😉 

nullifiers are brutal and annoy me the most.. but not for what you first think. their lanka at high levels insta kills nearly every frame without 90% damage reduction.