Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please revive recruitment back

---RV---Maniac

"As a result of this excessive spamming happening across multiple threads, a decision was reached to change the default sorting for recruitment to threads' start date rather than their latest reply. This means that thread bumping will no longer push your thread to the top of the list unless users switch the sorting each time they view this subforum. This also does not mean you're free to post bump spam--it is still spam and is not something we allow. This sorting change will also likely be a temporary measure."

This was posted on 

It was supose to be temporary but it's now been over a year, can you now finally revert the changes and allow us to recruit properly here. Cuz it's either that or just delete clan recruiting from this forum entirely.

The key word is "Will likely be a temporary measure" not "Will be a temporary measure." The default sorting function worked well for preventing thread bumping spam, and users are able to change their sorting preferences for the subforums to "recent activity" instead of "start date," so the decision to leave it as it presently is was made. 

I'll ask the moderation team what their thoughts on this are as well. 

Most viewed 4 of the top 10 are archived.
Most Replied 6 of the top 10 are archived.
Sorting by recently updated would work if it wasn't for the fact that the default sorting is on sorting by Date. Meaning newly created threads are going to get an heavy flow of people that don't care or haven't seen the tiny little rectangle on the top right that says "sort by". which in turn means that sorting by recently updated is just going to bring those newer threads in.

- Making "sort by" more clearer and actually having categories would help.

I agree, recruiting here is beyond abysmal. I miss the old way. I stopped using it all together due to whatever page it threw my clan ad on.

Viewing "most replies" pulls up posts from 2013+ so of course they'd have the most replies. It is a battle for clans that hadn't been around since then to be seen.  

There's no "sort by platform" which would be soo helpful for console recruiting. 

To me, it seems like the majority of recruits go to the "clans" section of the forum. They can filter out clans that are not on their platform as well as clan tiers they do not want to be a part of. They can browse through the listing of clans and apply directly to one.

With this, the "recruitment" section of the forums can be used for more purposes than just clan recruiting. While for clan recruiters, they can still use it as a supplement for recruits. 

Archived