Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)snkhuong

Where have all the players gone ?

I'm on PS4 and for the past 2-3 months, there have been a noticeable drop in the number of people active in chats. All chats are much slower now than they used to be. Recruit chat of NA has only 22 people at one point. Trade chat is so slow I actually have to wait a few seconds for the next line to come up, without any filters. When I first played warframe about 2 years ago, trade chat was so fast without a filter, I could barely keep up with it. Recruiter in my clan has also been complaining about dead recruit chat. 

I'm wondering if this happens to console only because of BL3 and Iceborne ? does this happen to pc ? I'm getting worried that warframe is becoming a dead game because it has never been this quiet since I first played it. A lot of my friends have stopped playing and most people on my friend list are  inactive for more than 30 days. Now I just logged in, barely have anyone to talk to that I resort to region chat...

You're using chats to determine a games population?

People get snatched up by clans or play solo. 

In mmos, chats are for people out in the open. I kind of wanted to shy away from chats already as a newer player because 1: I'm able to stand on my own a bit. 2: just like anywhere online, there's scammers and shady people. 3: some players are just bad and it's a waste of time and 4: I'm the noob and aren't ready for a specific group that's more expert. 

Dont think in such simple terms. The world isn't that black and white. And yes, this is obviously an "older" game. People like to move on to the next thing because dedication isn't for pop culture.

I think some new game came out so people will flock to that for a month then go to something else and go back to warframe. 

Meh, there's other games to play at the moment besides Warframe. People will go to where content and the current fun is. Since Warframe hasn't had either in a long while, I would personally play other things and come back to Warframe whenever railjack comes along. 

Then the cycle continues.

From the people I know, they never use in-game chats for any MMO. So as someone mentioned above, chat is not an indicator of the player health of a game.

Although chat is not a complete and accurate indicator, 

The reason for low traffic may be cause there isn't anything to talk about. 

58 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You're using chats to determine a games population?

exact numbers it can't determine, but rough highs and lows it can.

Warframe has always been like that though, people come back for a few days when an update hits than they just leave for months till there's anything to do.

for PC, looking at steam numbers is better than chat, but for platforms without steam, chats a decent way to determine traffic in Warframe.

Isn't borderland 3 out ? That might be the reason in drop of player on PS4

Haven't noticed that on PC tho

lots of games have come out that they playing nowadays while DE works on railjack. Astral Chain, Fire Emblem three houses, Remnant from the ashes, Borderlands 3 and MHW iceborne are out. Upcoming are  Code vein, Outerworlds, Destiny 2 shadow keep and Doom Eternal. There are probably a few more I have not said but you can see that there is quite a uptick in games so ppl gonna do other games till warframe updates more. Oh yea Gears of war 5 for PC and xbox forgot about that one.

Edit: Didnt ps4 get new COD beta recently?

42 minutes ago, Draegan said:

Isn't borderland 3 out ? That might be the reason in drop of player on PS4

Haven't noticed that on PC tho

i never skipped a day without playing warframe since 1350 days+

But since thursday midnight, i stopped because of borderland 3, now that's all what i am playing

There has been a fairly high number of major game releases this month. In my case, Daemon x Machina has been eating in to my Warframe hours, and in 10 days another game I've been waiting for for about a year will come out.

Warframe hasn’t been fun for a lot of ppl playin PS4 lately not just speaking for myself

but my clan my old clan and last few clans and alliances I’ve seen a lot of em leave since early last year and most don’t pick the game back up.

20 minutes ago, Corvid said:

There has been a fairly high number of major game releases this month. In my case, Daemon x Machina has been eating in to my Warframe hours, and in 10 days another game I've been waiting for for about a year will come out.

How's DxM been going? I'm picking it up today after my classes and have been hyped beyond all reason ever since they showed it off.

49 minutes ago, Aldain said:

How's DxM been going? I'm picking it up today after my classes and have been hyped beyond all reason ever since they showed it off.

It's quite fun. Not overly challenging but the gameplay is very slick. I'm quite enjoying the mech customisation (note that I've never played the old Armored Core games, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how it compares).

Only real downside is that the framerate tends to get quite juddery in the more action-packed missions, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was in the Prototype Missions demo.

Huh, strange. I’ve actually noticed the same amount when I’m playing. But as mentioned above, a lot of people prefer clan chats or solo. 

But when the game throws me in region, it doesn’t stop scrolling, that’s for sure.

chats are 1 of those things people in most games turn off near immediately, same as voice chat, doesnt help the chat is often a spam-laden wasteland.

I play on PC mostly now I do actually keep PS4 region chat up next to my PC most times though.  After getting used to warframe at  144 fps and near zero load times it can be painful playing on PS4, not to mention faster updates.  I do keep it up to date with nightwave and some other stuff though.  Ps5 isn't to far off it should close the gap in experience a good bit.

To be fair, I’m burnt out from Warframe. I’ll play new content, I’ll marathon any new content and grind my butt off on it, but content drought is very real. And it’s the end of quarter 3-beginning of quarter 4 for games, so a majority of players will transition to them.

Realistically speaking, there were a couple of major decisions that DE made recently that is driving the playerbase from staying in Warframe. You’re pretty much witnessing the after-effect.

Looks at PS4 Region Chat..no it's still full of plenty of respectful, kind, and thoughtful players....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAHAHA...oh man...I needed that.

Dude I play on PS4 and there is always someone online in trade and region chat. It all depends on what time of the day and what region you are in. I do play solo for the most part. So don't know what you are complaining about. Don't think the game is gonna die anytime soon and people are allowed to have other things to do then play Warframe 24/7.

not to mention that the last 2 - 3 months indicate summer?