Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where have all the players gone ?

(PSN)snkhuong

18 hours ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

I'm on PS4 and for the past 2-3 months, there have been a noticeable drop in the number of people active in chats. All chats are much slower now than they used to be. Recruit chat of NA has only 22 people at one point. Trade chat is so slow I actually have to wait a few seconds for the next line to come up, without any filters. When I first played warframe about 2 years ago, trade chat was so fast without a filter, I could barely keep up with it. Recruiter in my clan has also been complaining about dead recruit chat. 

I'm wondering if this happens to console only because of BL3 and Iceborne ? does this happen to pc ? I'm getting worried that warframe is becoming a dead game because it has never been this quiet since I first played it. A lot of my friends have stopped playing and most people on my friend list are  inactive for more than 30 days. Now I just logged in, barely have anyone to talk to that I resort to region chat...

They were all banned for calling Nezha a trap.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

I'm on PS4 and for the past 2-3 months, there have been a noticeable drop in the number of people active in chats. All chats are much slower now than they used to be. Recruit chat of NA has only 22 people at one point. Trade chat is so slow I actually have to wait a few seconds for the next line to come up, without any filters. When I first played warframe about 2 years ago, trade chat was so fast without a filter, I could barely keep up with it. Recruiter in my clan has also been complaining about dead recruit chat. 

I'm wondering if this happens to console only because of BL3 and Iceborne ? does this happen to pc ? I'm getting worried that warframe is becoming a dead game because it has never been this quiet since I first played it. A lot of my friends have stopped playing and most people on my friend list are  inactive for more than 30 days. Now I just logged in, barely have anyone to talk to that I resort to region chat...

Hi kinda new player here, I seclude myself from everyone in warframe, public matches are full of speedrunners who want to do everything in one second, never participate in public chat its mostly trolling, just stalk to see if someone post a good warframe look, only missions I do in public are interceptions, even nightwave invasions/emisary direlicts I do them alone, only time I dont play solo its when I group with my clan , or when I meet with some friends(like 2) who play about once in a week.

Most players in public dont even add to the role of the frame they play, you see a lot of trinity not healing anyone, buff frames not buffing, Rhinos spamming iron skin when no enemy is around, slow novas in defenses, AFK hitcher  and so, most players play like competing with each other instead of working together so I prefer to avoid it..

We're in a content drought right now.  Players will come back when gauss releases on consoles for some weeks and then the cycle will begin anew until atlas prime launches.  Then after that we'll get railjack eventually and people will come back for that.  Not much to do currently in warframe if you're happy with where your arsenal sits in terms of forma, endo, etc. etc.

For me, I'm waiting for something interesting to come. It has been 2 years? since the last story quest and railjack was announced and shown over a year ago. Other than that, there is that new area, the duviri paradox, which I expect late 2020, or 2021. And for the gear grind? Burnt out and don't care anymore really, gotten majority of the stuff.

Borderlands 3 came out and it has content to play for players who are done with Nightwave and stuff. Railjack will either come in like... 2 months or next year. The New War is expected this year by DE but there's barely any player expecting actual content to play this year.

Blah blah content drought this and that ... the point is most players have more stuff to do with all the new games coming out these next few days.

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

Warframe content is currently pretty stagnant and new games are coming out, so things are in a bit of a slump currently.

Once Railjack is out though, there should be a lot of players returning.

yeah...but content in DE means just 1 week....

On 2019-09-16 at 10:16 AM, Draegan said:

Isn't borderland 3 out ? That might be the reason in drop of player on PS4

Haven't noticed that on PC tho

outside the clear epic hate, there are preformance problems and people loosing saves, so yea, on pc, there isent as big of a drop.

as of recently probably BL3. it's a vastly superior looter shooter. tbh, with BL3, and Destiny 2 launching on Steam, i likely won't even return for Empyrean. playing WF all the time makes you forget how good looter shooters can actually be.

Edited by Ikyr0

Nightwave burned me out, Hostile Mergers UI bug made me angry, and the Tennocon livestream debacle firmly drove a wedge between me and this game. I've played Warframe maybe twice this month. Last month, I had more fun playing Neverwinter and completing the event quest for MH's five week festival. I also picked up Dark Souls 3, as well as Iceborne; which has completely taken over my game time. Warframe really doesn't have a lot to offer in comparison to those two games.

Like others, I just kept waiting for something good to come up, until I finally grew bored of waiting, and moved on to different games that offered something fresh.

Well lots of new games and content have dropped recently. Know a few people who have shelfed the PS in favor of a PC so they could play WoW. Classic, Those who haven't seam to be on Borderlands 3, Destiny (in prep for the new DLC), Fallout 76 (New NW map), Dead by daylight (Stranger things DLC drops today), or any number of other games. Its kind of that time of year where some companies push out games so they can sell DLC's for Christmas.

But another big thing is school is back in session. Both for kids and adults. So college, work etc leads to less people on at any given point. While I'm sure the chat isn't the best indicator of the player population its not anything to be too worried about as of the moment. Player amount fluxes depending on the time of year, and right now its going to be a little less then over the summer or in the early winter.

I dont play on PS4 (im on PC) but ive been slacking alot lately. Being MR26, only grind left is amps and AW (and we all know how much fun that is), and missing Hate (never dropped for despite idk how many 100’s of kills on Stalker).

ive finished nightwave, maxed out all reputations, not bothering with eidolon due how obnoxious the fight is and the constant stress of getting as much kills as possible within a night. I litterly have nothing to do in Warframe atm and now when WoW Classic is out im playing that untill next update.

I stopped playing mostly because of the season pass style content that instead of giving me more things to do I actually like, just gives me a list of chores to do instead of going after other things, then makes me feel frustrated when I havent got the time or will to play it enough to get the shiny stuff it teases me with.

Give me lots of optional stuff to do and im happy. Write a list of stuff to do with a time limit and im out. Especially when its mostly uninteresting stuff to do, and requires more time than im willing to gjve.

Its daft I know, I could just ignore it, but it irks me. So I go play other games that I can be a filthy casual and relax on.

Just like the grand prix events on Crash nitro fueled, it became a second job and I found myself getting annoyed in real life when I couldnt get online to unlock new stuff before the event ended..so I didnt play the second event and played another game instead.

If you look at Steam Charts for Warframe you'll find that the trend of people leaving after updates and coming back for new ones has existed for as long as the game has. And since we've only been getting smaller updates the retention between these is far less than a larger one like Fortuna.

When Railjack drops, especially if DE goes on another advertising campaign, expect to see a surge of player counts either similar or exceeding that of Fortuna's launch.